Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598581 times)

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #800 on: February 28, 2014, 06:07:18 am »

What do the following options mean?:

-HTML5 "Desktop" Notifications (recommanded)
-Traditional Popups
-Extra logging (for error reports)
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #801 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:48 am »

goko is up, but salvager seems to be down.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 28, 2014, 10:37:58 am »
+24

Again, you need a new version of the extension because the Dominion URL has changed.  See the "Status" thread for the latest version and installation instructions.   I will do an official release to the Chrome Store shortly.  The new version is in the Chrome store.

What do the following options mean?:

-HTML5 "Desktop" Notifications (recommanded)
-Traditional Popups
-Extra logging (for error reports)

These are features that have been in the beta for some time, but which I never got around to publishing in the Chrome Store.
  • Traditional Popups: Receive a standard browser popup dialog when you get automatched or when someone joins your game.
  • HTML5 Notifications: Like standard popups, but way less annoying.  Look them up or just try them out to see how they're different.  You'll have to specifically allow them in your browser, but it's easy and Salvager will walk you through it.
  • Extra Logging: Makes Salvager generate a whole lot more logging messages.  Turn this on if you find a reproducible bug and want to produce a detailed error report.  See this old post for bug report instructions.
Also new compared to the old Chrome version:
  • Sidebar Chat: Replaces Goko's annoying chat overlay with one in the log panel.  You want to turn this on.
  • Quick Game: Creates a game with your standard settings with one click.  Thanks to yed for adding this.
There are several other less visible additions and fixes that yed and serakfalcon have made in my absence.  See the github log for details and please thank them for their contributions.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:38:37 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 28, 2014, 10:44:05 am »
+3

I will do an official release to the Chrome Store shortly.
Not sure if you did notice that on Github: Log URL after game does not work:
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/159

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #804 on: February 28, 2014, 10:52:44 am »
+1

small change to chrome update procedure: when you drag the crx file into your browser, the browser must be open to the extensions page under settings.

from https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?p=crx_warning&rd=1
  • Download the extension file from the website and save it to your computer.
  • Click the Chrome menu icon  on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Tools > Extensions.
  • Locate the extension file on your computer and drag the file onto the Extensions page.
  • Review the list of permissions in the dialog that appears. If you would like to proceed, click Install.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2014, 11:01:52 am »
+23

I will do an official release to the Chrome Store shortly.
Not sure if you did notice that on Github: Log URL after game does not work:
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/159

The release is already in progress.  I'll do an update when we get this fixed.  Anything else important broken?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:55 am »
+3

Andrew, you deserve all the +1s.  Just... just all of them, man.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:30 am »

Anything else important broken?
I don't know about anything.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »

The Kingdom generator booting you back to the title screen is still broken. It would really be nice if that were fixed.

More importantly, there is no longer a link for User Settings on the title page. I'm using Chrome.

EDIT: Nevermind, it now shows up. I had refreshed several times before, but I guess for some reason it didn't take. Sorry about the false alarm.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:13:41 pm by LastFootnote »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2014, 12:23:20 pm »
+1

When you click the log button to grab the log, Goko freezes! Just found that out playing my tournament games...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »
+14

When you click the log button to grab the log, Goko freezes! Just found that out playing my tournament games...

Sorry about that.  They changed where the logs are stored, which broke nutki's log prettifier.  I've moved it to gokosalvager.com so that I could fix the log location.  Honestly, though, I'm really surprised that it crashed instead of just linking you to a blank log page.  It's working for me in v2.4.1, which is now in the Chrome Store, so please post your Javascript log if it happens again with v2.4.1 or higher.

More importantly, there is no longer a link for User Settings on the title page. I'm using Chrome.

EDIT: Nevermind, it now shows up. I had refreshed several times before, but I guess for some reason it didn't take. Sorry about the false alarm.

Quite a few of us have tried and failed to fix this problem.  The title page is a cantankerous POGS.  The links will show up if you reload it enough, but you don't actually need the links for the extension to work.  You only need them to change the settings or your avatar.

Andrew, you deserve all the +1s.  Just... just all of them, man.

Many thanks.  I'm flattered.  It's nice to do some work on this again... and to finally release those beta features. :)

Regarding automatic updating:
  • Chrome will disable the extension when it auto-updates the Store version to v2.4 or higher.  This is because its permissions are changed to allow it to run on the new domain.  Go to Settings/Extensions to enable it again.
  • If you manually installed v2.4 for Chrome, you may need to switch back to the Chrome Store version to auto-update to v2.4.1+
  • Firefox and Safari will automatically update, assuming you're already running v2.3 or higher.
  • Safari may get "stuck" at v2.4.  Restart it to get it to update to v2.4.1.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:49:15 pm by ragingduckd »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »

Awesome! The chat is now to the side.  :D

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2014, 08:47:48 am »

the avatars don't work for me since the goko server downtime thing. it displays the goko-avatars during games, the salvager avatars just in the rooms. using chrome

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 01, 2014, 11:33:18 am »

the avatars don't work for me since the goko server downtime thing. it displays the goko-avatars during games, the salvager avatars just in the rooms. using chrome
The script only tries once to get the salvager avatars, so if the page is slow to load (which the lobbies definitely are) it won't load. It could be set to retry on timeout.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2014, 11:37:07 am »

The script only tries once to get the salvager avatars, so if the page is slow to load (which the lobbies definitely are) it won't load. It could be set to retry on timeout.

it used to always work though. like, always, not just most of the times

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 01, 2014, 12:17:47 pm »

I didn't even take note of this until today. This is after having played my GokoDom III Round 2 match no less.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 01, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

I didn't even take note of this until today. This is after having played my GokoDom III Round 2 match no less.

well i already figured i'd probably be the only user who thinks this is a big deal. mentioning it can't hurt though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »
+1

Yeah, my avatar doesn't load on the results screen, even when it does load in the lobbies. Not a big deal, but consistent buggy behavior.

Overall though, I just want to say how amazing the new version is! I love sidechat (using Firefox, so it's new to me).

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 02, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »
+4

Since the extension seems to already check whether I play bots or real people, I'd like to make the following feature request:

Don't show the chat box in bot games (no matter my chat box settings), and don't post VP-Counter info there in this case; the bots don't bother to chat ;).

Either way, thanks for creating such an awesome extension; it greatly improves the game (whenever Goko works at all...).

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 03, 2014, 01:32:59 am »
+1

thanks from me too for the awesome extension! I was using the chat on sidebar function in chrome and I noticed if I type a long sentence, the chat box got widened and the play area shifted slightly to the left, and when I tried to buy a card clicking on the "+" icon, it doesn't work, I need to shift my cursor to just a bit left to the outside of the "+" icon to buy the card. some of my friends even complained they got a different card from the one they tried to buy several turns after that chat box got widened (they quit afterwards :P)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:59 am »

thanks from me too for the awesome extension! I was using the chat on sidebar function in chrome and I noticed if I type a long sentence, the chat box got widened and the play area shifted slightly to the left, and when I tried to buy a card clicking on the "+" icon, it doesn't work, I need to shift my cursor to just a bit left to the outside of the "+" icon to buy the card. some of my friends even complained they got a different card from the one they tried to buy several turns after that chat box got widened (they quit afterwards :P)

This is clearly important, but I can't replicate it.

Can you tell me your browser and extension version number?  A screenshot would also help, plus knowing whether there's any particular conditions (e.g. window size) that make it happen.

Goko has some code that tries to resize the game screen in response to the size of your browser window.  This might be some weird interaction with that code.

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 03, 2014, 12:11:42 pm »
+1

Can you tell me your browser and extension version number?  A screenshot would also help, plus knowing whether there's any particular conditions (e.g. window size) that make it happen.

Goko has some code that tries to resize the game screen in response to the size of your browser window.  This might be some weird interaction with that code.

screenshot here: http://d.pr/i/TVn5
the chat area got "wider" because of the scroll bar, and the original goko screen area shifted slight to the left at the same time when the scroll bar appears

chrome Version 33.0.1750.117
extension 2.4.1

thx for looking into this!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »
+4

screenshot here: http://d.pr/i/TVn5
the chat area got "wider" because of the scroll bar, and the original goko screen area shifted slight to the left at the same time when the scroll bar appears

chrome Version 33.0.1750.117
extension 2.4.1

thx for looking into this!

Fixed in v2.4.2.  Update should be automatic.  Check your version number if this issue persists.  Tested in Chrome and FF.
Also just released v2.4.3, which (probably) reenables Salvager on Safari (which apparently nobody is using).  It works for me in Safari 5.1.7 for Windows at least.

minovsky, please let me know if the '+' icon issue goes away.  I had noticed similar behavior before, but I hadn't connected it with the chat area scroll bar.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:33:05 am by ragingduckd »

Senayen

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:26 am »

Did something change in how you use the Kingdom generator? It worked for me before (using Chrome, before the domain move), but now (i have 2.4.3) I don't get the popup when I create a new game ... do I have to invoke it somehow?

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:26 am »

Did something change in how you use the Kingdom generator? It worked for me before (using Chrome, before the domain move), but now (i have 2.4.3) I don't get the popup when I create a new game ... do I have to invoke it somehow?

The user settings were cleared in the most recent update, so you probably need to turn it back on. If you go to the Dominion Online home screen there is a "User Settings" button.

If it's not this, I would try hitting the randomize card button again, that seems to work for me if the Kingdom generator box doesn't pop up at first.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.