Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 600553 times)

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:14 pm »

Goko is probably changing URL. This means that probably all versions of extension will stop working.
http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?4341-Release-Notes-2-27-2014-(after-the-migration-is-done)

You're concerned about the extension permissions?  That might not end up being a problem, since playdominion.com seems to just redirect to the old URL.

Yes.

Now it does. But will it after the migration? I don't think so since they probably removed Goko brand too. We will see in a few hours ( or days).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:11:11 pm by yed »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 27, 2014, 06:50:38 pm »
+3

Goko is probably changing URL. This means that probably all versions of extension will stop working.
http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?4341-Release-Notes-2-27-2014-(after-the-migration-is-done)

You're concerned about the extension permissions?  That might not end up being a problem, since playdominion.com seems to just redirect to the old URL.

Yes.

Now it does. But will it after the migration? I don't think so since they probably removed Goko brand too. We will see in a few hours ( or days).

Oh, I see.  I'm way behind here.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »
+1

the goko brand is still there, but the extension doesn't work for now. really wish goko/making fun actually implemented this by themselves instead of needing fans to do the work for them...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 27, 2014, 11:04:20 pm »
+3

the goko brand is still there, but the extension doesn't work for now. really wish goko/making fun actually implemented this by themselves instead of needing fans to do the work for them...

Okay, right.  Good call, yed.

Is the current master branch working properly?  I can make the domain change and do a release, but it's been an awful long time since I've tested anything.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 27, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

Is the current master branch working properly?  I can make the domain change and do a release, but it's been an awful long time since I've tested anything.

The only bug I know of is the one where it kicks you back to the title page if you press the return/enter key while your cursor is in the text field of the Kingdom Generator. It should be the same as clicking the submit button.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 28, 2014, 12:35:25 am »

I think the Extension no longer works.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 28, 2014, 12:39:16 am »
+1

Yes master works but extension does not load propetly some time.

LastFootnote's bug is easy to fix. It is described in issues. I just don't have time for it.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 28, 2014, 12:39:53 am »
+5

Correct.  I'm currently testing a new build.  It's available at https://www.gokosalvager.com:8888/v2.4/index.html for anyone else who wants to test.  Definitely not production-worthy yet tho. Actually, it looks pretty good to me so far.

Chrome isn't working yet.  Anyone know how to deal with the "utility process crashed" error?  Is anyone able to install the chrome extension without encountering this error?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:14:56 am by ragingduckd »

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 28, 2014, 01:05:30 am »
+2

Easy(ish) hack for Chrome users:
1. Find the extension folder.  If you're a mac user like me it's in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/<some long random string>/<version>.  Not sure about other OSes.
2. Copy all those files to somewhere else.
3. In your new folder, open manifest.json and change every occurrence of ".goko.com" to "playdominion.com".
4. Go to Chrome's extension settings, uninstall Salvager, then click "Load Unpacked Extension" (you might need to turn on Developer Mode for this, not sure), and point to the folder you made in step 2.
5. Surprise Andrew I. with an automatch game like I just did :)

EDIT: Or just get the updated build from the link he posted, it seems to work for me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:09:19 am by theblankman »
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 28, 2014, 01:23:29 am »

Chrome isn't working yet.  Anyone know how to deal with the "utility process crashed" error?  Is anyone able to install the chrome extension without encountering this error?

I didn't hit "utility process crashed" but my environment might be different from yours.  Just clicking the link on your site, Chrome tried to open the file as if it were text for some reason.  Ugly.  Right-click -> Save -> Open from Finder made Chrome try to install it then redirect me here: https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?p=crx_warning&rd=1

Drag and drop the crx file onto Chrome's extension management page.  That's totally intuitive.  Still no crashes yet though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:28:46 am by theblankman »
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 28, 2014, 01:26:16 am »

Correct.  I'm currently testing a new build.  It's available at https://www.gokosalvager.com:8888/v2.4/index.html for anyone else who wants to test.  Definitely not production-worthy yet tho. Actually, it looks pretty good to me so far.

For some reason I still can't get the extension to work (I assume it's because I'm dumb).  Firefox is completely up to date.  I tried installing the new version straight-up, disabling the extension and installing, removing the extension and installing.  What am I doing wrong, anyone have any suggestions?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 28, 2014, 01:41:16 am »
+5

For some reason I still can't get the extension to work (I assume it's because I'm dumb).  Firefox is completely up to date.  I tried installing the new version straight-up, disabling the extension and installing, removing the extension and installing.  What am I doing wrong, anyone have any suggestions?

It's not you.  It's me.  Working on it...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 28, 2014, 01:47:53 am »
+16

It's not you.  It's me.  Working on it...

Ok, Firefox version should work now.  But you have to download the xpi file and then do "Install Add-On from File" from your browser's Extensions page.  I don't know why and I'll try to fix the issue.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:07 am »
+4

Fixed in 20 minutes flat, what service.  You are the man.

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:29 am »

Yes ! it works !

But a bug ;) The "User Settings" link is not more present may be because goko add a "profile" link

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 28, 2014, 02:17:53 am »

Cheers to you, Andrew. You are a hero.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 28, 2014, 02:32:45 am »
+2

Yes ! it works !

But a bug ;) The "User Settings" link is not more present may be because goko add a "profile" link

What browser are you using?  And have you tried reloading a few times to see if the link appears?  Sadly, his has always been a somewhat unreliable feature.  I don't think the "profile" link should be causing problems.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 28, 2014, 02:41:45 am »
+1

After updating master from github, Chrome version works for me.
I'm using:
rake chrome:build
Tools->Extensions->Developer Mode->Load unpacked extension->Goko-Salvager/build/chrome

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 28, 2014, 02:50:28 am »

But VP counter does not work. I have tried that only against bot.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 28, 2014, 03:00:15 am »
+2

Ok cool, the unpacked version works for me too.  I get an error when I try to install the crx file, but only on linux, it seems.  I haven't had any problems with the VP counter, oddly enough.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 28, 2014, 03:05:54 am »

Ok cool, the unpacked version works for me too.  I get an error when I try to install the crx file, but only on linux, it seems.  I haven't had any problems with the VP counter, oddly enough.
It works now after reload. Probably the extension was not loaded fully(properly).

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Yes ! it works !

What browser are you using?  And have you tried reloading a few times to see if the link appears?  Sadly, his has always been a somewhat unreliable feature.  I don't think the "profile" link should be causing problems.

I use firefox and after a reload, the link is here ! thanks !

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:32 am »

I think it is complicate to find it but in the user settings the blacklist is empty !

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2014, 03:27:28 am »
+1

I think it is complicate to find it but in the user settings the blacklist is empty !
That is because blacklist is stored in your browser with goko.com label. Since now it runs at playdominion.com, extension won't find it. Nothing we can done about that. If you add bans again, it should save them.

TheMirrorMan

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 28, 2014, 05:28:21 am »

Big thumbs up Andrew - you are amazing !!!
Here comes the mirror man. Says he's a people fan.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.