Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 600448 times)

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:28 am »
+1

Thanks, yed, but this version of Salvager breaks the Kingdom Generator feature for most strings. It just kicks me back to the title screen. The Kingdom Generator is the key feature of Salvager for me, so this doesn't help me much.
I have not been doing anything with that...
Is it ok in latest master version? (http://tash-kalar.singlepicture.org/latest-master-chrome.tar.bz2)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:14 am »

Thanks, yed, but this version of Salvager breaks the Kingdom Generator feature for most strings. It just kicks me back to the title screen. The Kingdom Generator is the key feature of Salvager for me, so this doesn't help me much.
I have not been doing anything with that...
Is it ok in latest master version? (http://tash-kalar.singlepicture.org/latest-master-chrome.tar.bz2)

Nope, it's broken there too. Any way you could apply your changes to the latest release, rather than the beta?

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:11 am »
+1

(I used the version of your first post)

For me quick game worked. But for me the usual create game button also works...

For me the kingdom generator also did strange things (but I didn't use your latest version). It didn't accept kingdoms other than "All" (only tested 2 other strings), and sometimes when I hit enter (because the OK button doesn't work) the page reloads with URL
http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html?selval=All#
(where "All" is the string in the kingdom generator input field). Don't know whether this is helpful or not. I'll try the newer version later.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 13, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

For me the kingdom generator also did strange things (but I didn't use your latest version). It didn't accept kingdoms other than "All" (only tested 2 other strings), and sometimes when I hit enter (because the OK button doesn't work) the page reloads with URL
(where "All" is the string in the kingdom generator input field). Don't know whether this is helpful or not. I'll try the newer version later.
Thank you for the report. Please try it also in latest master version http://tash-kalar.singlepicture.org/latest-master-chrome.tar.bz2
This is the version before I added Quick Game.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 13, 2014, 11:42:29 am »

Thank you for the report. Please try it also in latest master version http://tash-kalar.singlepicture.org/latest-master-chrome.tar.bz2
This is the version before I added Quick Game.

As I already said, it's broken in the latest master version, too. So it's not your code that broke it.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:46 pm »

Ok I have heve found bug which redirects to main. But it does that only when you have error in your string.

All of these works for me:
All - use all the cards
Cellar, Market, Militia, Mine, Moat, Remodel, Smithy, Village, Woodcutter, Workshop - any specific kingdom
Dark Ages - use only Dark Ages cards
Dark Ages + Base Set - use only Dark Ages and base Dominion cards
2 * Dark Ages + Base Set - as above, but cards from Dark Ages are twice as more likely to be chosen
6 Seaside, 4 Base Set - 6 cards from Seaside, others from the base set
All / Alchemy - all but Alchemy cards
Moat, 3 Attack, All - include Moat and at least 3 attack cards
Moat, 3 Attack, All / Attack - include Moat and exactly 3 attack cards
3 (Seaside + Intrigue) * Victory, Seaside + Intrigue - only Seaside and Intrigue, at least 3 victory cards
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:04:47 pm by yed »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 13, 2014, 12:12:43 pm »

Once I get back to my desk, I can give you specifics, but suffice to say that several strings of 10 Kingdom cards that work with the current release fail with the beta version.

If it matters, I use Chrome.

EDIT: To be clear, the bug that kicks you back to the main screen when you use an invalid string isn't new. What's new is that many strings that were once valid are no longer. For instance, the string "Ambassador" kicks you back to the main screen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:34:59 pm by LastFootnote »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 13, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
+1

Aha, I have discovered the issue. It has nothing to do with what the string is. It used to be that if you pressed "Enter" in the text field, it would submit. Now it shoots you back to the title page. If you actually click (or tab to) the "OK" button, it works fine. Seems like it should be an easy fix.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »
+1

I'm just installed the beta.  The first second thing I noticed was that the setting screen is too big and there's no scrollbar so I can't see the bottom of it.
(The first thing was the nifty change avatar button.)

EDIT: minor feature request: option to look for an either pro or casual game with automatch instead of only one or the other.

EDIT2: It automatically put in my chat window something like "I have joined the game."  Was this something you put in while testing and forgot to remove?  (I've done that same kind of thing before.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:44:36 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Lotoreo

• Baron
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 14, 2014, 03:04:12 am »

Wow, Yed, that really was a fast implementation! I am really impressed!

Concerning the "I have joined the game" String.. could you add a text field to the user settings, where one could replace that String with a custom welcome message? An automatically posted "hi, gl, hf" would save me so many keystrokes.. ;)

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2014, 05:33:24 am »
+1

The first second thing I noticed was that the setting screen is too big and there's no scrollbar so I can't see the bottom of it.
Fixed.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12862
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2014, 05:37:27 am »

Wow, Yed, that really was a fast implementation! I am really impressed!

Concerning the "I have joined the game" String.. could you add a text field to the user settings, where one could replace that String with a custom welcome message? An automatically posted "hi, gl, hf" would save me so many keystrokes.. ;)

What's the point of it though, if it's automated?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2014, 06:33:47 am »

EDIT2: It automatically put in my chat window something like "I have joined the game."  Was this something you put in while testing and forgot to remove?  (I've done that same kind of thing before.)
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/137

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2014, 06:36:28 am »

Ok I have heve found bug which redirects to main. But it does that only when you have error in your string.
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/155

Aha, I have discovered the issue. It has nothing to do with what the string is. It used to be that if you pressed "Enter" in the text field, it would submit. Now it shoots you back to the title page. If you actually click (or tab to) the "OK" button, it works fine. Seems like it should be an easy fix.
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/154

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #739 on: January 17, 2014, 11:41:20 am »
+1

not sure if this request has already been made, but often you get people on auto-match who are afk and then you're basically stuck.  possible solutions include:
  • time-out.  both get booted, with bell.  if you're present, you can just turn it back on.
  • if you decline, ban that person from your next auto-match.
  • a separate button for decline and ban.  probably the ban could be temporary, like this session only, or for the next five minutes or something like that.

as of now, declining turns your automatch off, and if you turn it on again, you're very likely to get the same afk person again.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:52 pm »

not sure if this request has already been made, but often you get people on auto-match who are afk and then you're basically stuck.  possible solutions include:
  • time-out.  both get booted, with bell.  if you're present, you can just turn it back on.
  • if you decline, ban that person from your next auto-match.
  • a separate button for decline and ban.  probably the ban could be temporary, like this session only, or for the next five minutes or something like that.

as of now, declining turns your automatch off, and if you turn it on again, you're very likely to get the same afk person again.

Both you and the person you get automatched with are taken off the queue, so if you get automatch with someone that is AFK, their automatch will be off the next time.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 28, 2014, 11:30:12 pm »
+2

FYI, Donald X. on Salvager:

The log and chat window are currently not always present during games. You open them up and they aren't very good. Instead there could be a log on the side of the screen - where the mod puts it. It would be a lot better to be able to always see a log on the screen. And mildly better to have a few lines of chat always there.

Maybe people aren't clamoring for this because they are using the mod. I am not using the mod because I want to know what experience normal people are getting. There's uh this mod someone made, probably you have heard of it. It like adds a log and matchmaking and a point counter. You can see it in youtube videos. And that's why you see games in the lobbies with "#VPOFF" or whatever.

Incidentally I do not mind if you add a point counter. In case you were worried I might mind.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 29, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

The log and chat window are currently not always present during games. You open them up and they aren't very good. Instead there could be a log on the side of the screen - where the mod puts it. It would be a lot better to be able to always see a log on the screen. And mildly better to have a few lines of chat always there.

Maybe people aren't clamoring for this because they are using the mod. I am not using the mod because I want to know what experience normal people are getting. There's uh this mod someone made, probably you have heard of it. It like adds a log and matchmaking and a point counter. You can see it in youtube videos. And that's why you see games in the lobbies with "#VPOFF" or whatever.

Incidentally I do not mind if you add a point counter. In case you were worried I might mind.

Where did he post this?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 29, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »

Where did he post this?

In "other suggestions and bug reports"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 30, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »
+1

Where did he post this?

Who is "Making Fun?"  Is Goko transitioning from ignoring us on getsatisfaction to ignoring us there instead?  Does Donald X talk to us on that forum but not on this one?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 30, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »

Where did he post this?

Who is "Making Fun?"  Is Goko transitioning from ignoring us on getsatisfaction to ignoring us there instead?  Does Donald X talk to us on that forum but not on this one?

He'll talk to us on the BGG forums, too. That's always been the case.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 01, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »

Gosh, the Chrome version of the extension seems to work so much better than the Firefox version. I was playing on Goko with Firefox for the longest time, but recently I've been having problems where scripts would stop running when the table was being made for auto-match. Problems were especially likely when I would be the guest. I was curious to know if this could have anything to do with playing against people using the beta version of Salvager for Chrome.

I apologize to everyone that had to deal with my automatch glitching up.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2014, 12:41:00 am »

say, is there any way to put someone on my banlist who has a name that i cant decipher... because he has russian letters or whatnot?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12862
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2014, 01:17:03 am »

say, is there any way to put someone on my banlist who has a name that i cant decipher... because he has russian letters or whatnot?
Install the Russian keyboard.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2014, 03:53:37 am »
+1

Copy paste from log? In game or after.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.