Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598616 times)

ShinKyo

• Steward
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #675 on: October 10, 2013, 04:57:35 am »

Thanks for the great plugin! Is there an option to turn off the VP-Counter but still show the log? By the way if the plugin doesn't start it helped me to deactivate it in Chrome once and then activate it again after restart.
For all who sometimes want to play with the recommed sets from the original rules: I have extracted all sets out of the rules and format them a bit so that you only have to copy/paste it for the plugin. But at the two sets with fixed bane card I don't know how it works. I'm not sure if you can specify a bane card as 11th card there.
Dominion-Sets for Goko Dominion Salvager Plugin

If you go to user settings on the main goko page under your avatar you can change the settings (including automatically turning off the vp counter). You can also type #vpoff in the chat.

Specifying the bane merely requires putting in 11 cards with one of the first 10 being young witch. Full instructions here http://dom.retrobox.eu/kingdomgenerator.html
I know the User Settings window. But to set #vpoff doesn't work. I don't want to type it everytime in the chat.
With the 11th card as a bane I figured out by myself. I overlooked the part in the instructions at retrobox.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 10, 2013, 05:31:21 am »
+4

I always play with points counter. My table name contains #vpon, so when I play a game and someone types #vpoff, the message "Sorry, point counter locked to ON due to #vpon in table name" appears and nothing happens. But during automatch games the table name gets changed to "For whomever I play" and in those games my opponent can turn the point counter off. Is it possible to add #vpon to automatch table name whenever the automatch is triggered by creating a table that has #vpon?

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 10, 2013, 07:48:08 am »
+2

I always play with points counter. My table name contains #vpon, so when I play a game and someone types #vpoff, the message "Sorry, point counter locked to ON due to #vpon in table name" appears and nothing happens. But during automatch games the table name gets changed to "For whomever I play" and in those games my opponent can turn the point counter off. Is it possible to add #vpon to automatch table name whenever the automatch is triggered by creating a table that has #vpon?
How about first go through current issues list on github?
https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/36

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 10, 2013, 08:54:22 am »
+4

How about not discouraging people from making whatever suggestions they feel like making? :P You want to lower the cost to people giving feedback as much as possible, not raise unnecessary hoops.

I didn't know about that particular GitHub page until you linked it, I'm not planning to check it again in the future before making any suggestion and I certainly don't expect people who aren't hardcore programmers to do so either.

Furthermore, there is actually valuable information contained in a repeat suggestion: it shows that the issue matters to more people, so that if you care a lot about user satisfaction, you know what to prioritize. For me, this issue makes me very reluctant to accept auto-matches against unknowns, because I just really hate playing without point tracker.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 10, 2013, 09:15:23 am »
+5

How about not discouraging people from making whatever suggestions they feel like making? :P You want to lower the cost to people giving feedback as much as possible, not raise unnecessary hoops.

I didn't know about that particular GitHub page until you linked it, I'm not planning to check it again in the future before making any suggestion and I certainly don't expect people who aren't hardcore programmers to do so either.

Furthermore, there is actually valuable information contained in a repeat suggestion: it shows that the issue matters to more people, so that if you care a lot about user satisfaction, you know what to prioritize. For me, this issue makes me very reluctant to accept auto-matches against unknowns, because I just really hate playing without point tracker.

Issues page is linked from Salvanger description post.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283465#msg283465

Sorry hsiale, I'm not in a good mood today. I should have just linked there.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:37 am »
+10

In defense of yed's irritability...

It's hard to appreciate just how terrible forum threads are for tracking issues until you try using one yourself. The github issue tracker makes remembering, updating, and prioritizing issues sooo much easier. Any feedback is informative, but that doesn't make developers eager to receive feature requests on postcards or by telephone.

Personally, I also really like it when someone goes a little out of their way to submit an issue on github, or does some beta testing, or even just posts a bug report that includes a log or screenshot. Upvotes and complimentary posts aren't nearly as encouraging as seeing users put in just a little effort. Maybe that's petty, but Salvager is a labor of love. If you want your developers to keep loving their labor, then it's prudent to cater to their emotional foibles. ;)

Whether you agree with any of this or not, you're just a whole lot more likely to get your bug report or feature request dealt with if you post it on github. I'll try to find some way to make the link more conspicuous.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2013, 12:13:02 pm »

I'll try to find some way to make the link more conspicuous.
your signature perhaps?
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:07 pm »
+9

Any feedback is informative, but that doesn't make developers eager to receive feature requests on postcards or by telephone.

Man, couldn't you have told me this before I dispatched my messenger pigeon across the Atlantic, a measure I was forced to take only because you ignored my prior smoke signals?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 10, 2013, 03:11:30 pm »
+1

I'll try to find some way to make the link more conspicuous.
your signature perhaps?

I wouldn't count on it.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 10, 2013, 03:46:53 pm »

From now on I will keep the current state of the extension in this post. Please report any issues or ideas below.

Maybe this should be replaced with "... ideas on github: LINK"

quiteunicorn

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:39 pm »

so.... newbie question, be gentle ;)
I love the idea of the Salvager extension and downloaded it in the Chrome webstore, but now what....? none of the nifty features are showing up? Do I need to "activate" it somehow? What am I missing??

Thank you so much for your help!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #686 on: October 16, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »
+2

so.... newbie question, be gentle ;)
I love the idea of the Salvager extension and downloaded it in the Chrome webstore, but now what....? none of the nifty features are showing up? Do I need to "activate" it somehow? What am I missing??

Thank you so much for your help!
You might have to refresh the Goko page sometimes if the User Settings button doesn't show below the Logout button.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

quiteunicorn

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 16, 2013, 02:19:38 pm »
+1

it worked! Thank you, I can't wait to check it out!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:38 am »
+5

Hey folks. Just FYI, the current beta looks very reliable except for the launch screen issues, which I still can't figure out how to fix.  I'm sure it's Goko's fault, but I don't understand it well enough to blame them properly. :P

And what the hell, quickmeme? No font options?

Edit: Many thanks to serakfalcon for looking into this.  I've added a detailed comment on github about why this is difficult and how I've tried to solve it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:13:20 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:02 pm »
+1

Feature request: the option to display the number of cards left in the piles on the second page somewhere (that doesn't require clicking a button during a game).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 20, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
+2

Feature request (that has probably been posted already, but inline search is not cooperating with me): when using automatch from Create Game, if "#vpon" or "#vpoff" is in the title of the game I made, respect that when finding opponents and put the appropriate title in the name of the automatch game. I suppose the manual automatch should also support preferences here.

Rules:
  • #vpon players should not be matched with #vpoff players.
  • If either player is #vpon, then #vpon goes in the game name.
  • If either player is #vpoff, then #vpoff goes in the game name.

I love the Create Game automatch, since it makes finding a game so easy, and usually I'm very happy with the pairing when automatch finds a game. It's just frustrating the times that I'm matched with somebody who forces #vpoff, since I don't really enjoy playing without the counter.

Edit: Well now search is cooperating and I see that it has been posted a couple times already:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.msg302991#msg302991
So consider this another vote then. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:59:48 pm by blueblimp »

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #691 on: October 20, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »

Feature request (that has probably been posted already, but inline search is not cooperating with me): when using automatch from Create Game, if "#vpon" or "#vpoff" is in the title of the game I made, respect that when finding opponents and put the appropriate title in the name of the automatch game. I suppose the manual automatch should also support preferences here.

Rules:
  • #vpon players should not be matched with #vpoff players.
  • If either player is #vpon, then #vpon goes in the game name.
  • If either player is #vpoff, then #vpoff goes in the game name.

I love the Create Game automatch, since it makes finding a game so easy, and usually I'm very happy with the pairing when automatch finds a game. It's just frustrating the times that I'm matched with somebody who forces #vpoff, since I don't really enjoy playing without the counter.

Edit: Well now search is cooperating and I see that it has been posted a couple times already:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.msg302991#msg302991
So consider this another vote then. :)
I think this could be best done by a choice in automatch-options. "#vpon", "#vpoff" or "doesn't matter". I have #vpoff in my table-names, but I don't care so much about playing with #vpon. So it would be sad not to find games, just because they have #vpon.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 20, 2013, 11:41:37 pm »

This. After I bought a few sets myself I've almost stopped using automatch entirely, since I can get games where I don't have to fear the #vpoff. I just set up my own #vpon tables, and join if I see another #vpon table.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »

Is the extension broken somehow? I get the auto-match, but it doesn't save my settings or show the log viewer or the point counter. Basically only thing reminding me of a playable goko is the auto-match button.

// And it's back! Damn, AI.. I you are fast! Took you what, two minutes?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:11:09 pm by Eevee »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »
+3

Is the extension broken somehow? I get the auto-match, but it doesn't save my settings or show the log viewer or the point counter. Basically only thing reminding me of a playable goko is the auto-match button.

// And it's back! Dang, AI.. I you are fast! Took you what, two minutes?
Just click refresh if you don't see the user settings button on the home page.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:00 am »

Is automatch down? It has not been working for me today.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 22, 2013, 12:41:23 pm »

Goko hasn't been working recently.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 22, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »
+4

Goko hasn't been working recently.

Fixed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2013, 10:22:03 am »
+1

Feature request: #autovp? chat command to automatically display the VP in the chat at the beginning of each turn.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »

Feature request: #autovp? chat command to automatically display the VP in the chat at the beginning of each turn.

There's the thing at the top right, why would you need this?

Also, I just had a dream where you said you would stop making this extension.  It was horrible.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.