Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598651 times)

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2013, 03:21:48 pm »
+7

Feature request: Would it be possible if automatch ranges work on Isotropish rating instead of Goko's rating? Maybe even display Isotropish rating everywhere?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 30, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »
+5

On page 25 of this thread people talk about the extension not always showing up when Goko loads. I had the same problem back then, and I now have a similar problem. The extension always loads, but sometimes (about half of the time, only partly. The "User Settings" link always shows up, but sometimes all other features of the extension do not work. I usually recognize this because my custom avatar does not display (and then I refresh, which usually makes everything work fine). Sometimes I don't check my avatar, and if I then go to multiplayer / play bots, it is as if I've got no extension.

Attached you'll find a screenshot where this happens (select this text and drag right to view attachment). The only thing which is "strange" in this image is that my custom avatar (top right) isn't displayed, instead a standard Goko avatar is displayed.

I work with Chrome (under Ubuntu), using Adblock Plus (I also tried disabling ABP, and then this bug also occurs, although my (very small) sample seems to suggest it happens less often). Extension version is v2.3.2 (and I have Extra Logging enabled).

I also copied two logs (hopefully the right ones). The first one is with ABP enabled, and the second with ABP disabled. They seem to be different (I can imagine that the first one shows non-related ABP issues).

In the logs you attached, all of the features appear to have loaded correctly. However, it's possible for the avatars feature to load correctly and still not replace your image on the login screen. It's a bug created by the transition from GreaseMonkey script to browser extension.

I'll fix that when I eventually overhaul the avatars module, along with the multitude of invisible 404 and CORS errors too. I don't consider these high priority issues, though, since they don't really affect functionality. For now, don't take the absence of your custom icon as evidence that Salvager has failed to load.

I'll soon release the new version with fixes for the many feature(s)-not-loading problems. Actually, the fix is already checked into github, for those who are daring enough to compile and test it. So thanks for all your bug reports and logs, but there's no need to submit additional reports of this sort right now. Whatever new failure-to-load problem you're encountering is very likely to be fixed along with the others.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 30, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »
+1

Okay, I actually thought this should already be fixed in the current version. Great that it will be fixed in a future version soon!
For now, don't take the absence of your custom icon as evidence that Salvager has failed to load.
Just want to remark on this: I have tested this a few times actually (sometimes accidentally), and in those cases other extension features didn't work until refreshing (didn't test all features, but at least the log, card stacking, VP counter and automatch didn't work (at least once) when my avatar didn't display)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 30, 2013, 08:33:21 pm »
+1

Okay, I actually thought this should already be fixed in the current version. Great that it will be fixed in a future version soon!

I haven't released any new versions in the past two weeks. The load order thing actually required some pretty major refactoring and everything else was on hold because of that.

For now, don't take the absence of your custom icon as evidence that Salvager has failed to load.
Just want to remark on this: I have tested this a few times actually (sometimes accidentally), and in those cases other extension features didn't work until refreshing (didn't test all features, but at least the log, card stacking, VP counter and automatch didn't work (at least once) when my avatar didn't display)

It's an "if" but not an "only if" ;)

Feature request: Would it be possible if automatch ranges work on Isotropish rating instead of Goko's rating? Maybe even display Isotropish rating everywhere?

This has been suggested before and I've planned to do it before. You can probably expect to see it in the next version after this one (i.e. not the current beta).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:16:55 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:26 am »
+10

v2.3.4 BETA is out. :)

Testers needed! I'll release to the Chrome store after I've written some docs and after you guys help me squash whatever new bugs I've introduced this time.

https://www.gokosalvager.com:8888/v2.3.4.2/index.html

Same annoying install process for Chrome: download, then drag the file into the Extensions page. Safari: download and then double-click. Firefox: just click the link. Regardless of which version you install, it'll update automatically as I fix and re-release.

New features (enable notifications/chat in User Settings):
  • HTML5 "desktop"-style notifications
  • Replacement for Goko's in-game chat dialog
  • Copy/paste in log and chat
  • Somewhat overwhelming #vphelp command
Fixed:
  • All <?> bugs that makes features sometimes fail to load
  • Repeated #vpon chats
  • Lobby sorting bug
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:30:38 pm by ragingduckd »

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 01, 2013, 02:09:32 am »
+2

Volunteering for testing the beta version! I only tested games against bots.

Good news: For me the extension loads every time I open the game! Yay!

Other remarks/bugs:
-My own custom avatar doesn't seem to work anymore. Anytime I open the game (100% of the ~20 times I refreshed) the Goko avatar is displayed. I also cannot click on this avatar (to change it). When I go to the multiplayer lobby, my own avatar is a standard Goko avatar, but I do see custom avatars of others. Also, in games (and on score screens), my custom avatar is displayed. Below are two logs with a lot of "Failed to load resource"-errors, which are probably related (most - but not all - of them say they fail to load some avatar image). The top log is the log of playing the game against a bot, the bottom log is of joining the multiplayer lobby.

-When I type #vphelp I get all messages twice, once sent by "**" and once sent by "florrat". (this is in games against bots)

-[non-reproducible error] In one game the vp tracker didn't work. I think it showed the players of the game I played before that game, but the VP-amounts had - AFAIK - no relation to either the current or the previous game. Attached you'll find a screenshot. When trying to give commands in chat (#vp? or #vphelp), nothing happened: my message didn't display, and I didn't get any response (I could send other non-command messages). I forgot to copy the log. Probably this isn't that helpful until I find a way to reproduce it, but I wanted to report it anyway.

- The log only fills part of the space next to the game (see attached screenshot).

Code: [Select]
gatherUrlCookieParams found the following URL params:
Array[1]
 FSSDK.js:553
ConnectionMaker found the following cookie params:
FS.Utils.InfoCookie
 FSSDK.js:560
ConnectionMaker merged the following cookie params:
Array[1]
 FSSDK.js:566
FS.MessageWebSocketConnection.prototype.connect: currently trying - ws://prod-wsg04.goko.com:80 FSSDK.js:13427
Running Goko Salvager 2.3.4 init.js:7
Loading Utils utils.js:7
FSSDK: webSocket: onopen: top: url:ws://prod-wsg04.goko.com:80 FSSDK.js:13482
Setting up GA connection heartbeat every: 60000 milliseconds FSSDK.js:13525
Loading Settings Dialog settingsDialog.js:7
Loading Notifications Module notifications.js:10
Loading Kingdom Generator kingdom_generator.js:7
Loading autokick autokick.js:7
Loading Always Stack alwaysStack.js:7
Loading Module Loader chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:7
[GSFN.Widget.Shell.initialize] loader.js:1
initMeetingRoom DominionClient.js:292
This element isn't a canvas - TypeError: Object #<HTMLDivElement> has no method 'getContext' FSSDK.Notifier.js:198
This is a HTML Element FSSDK.Notifier.js:102
Dimension: W0px H0px @L607.5px T0px FSSDK.Notifier.js:115
Successfully subscribed to player notifications FSSDK.js:20333
Starting module User Settings Dialog chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:50
Starting module Notifications chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Lobby Ratings chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Deck Tracker chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Table State chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module autokick chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Blacklist chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Avatars chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Kingdom Generator chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Sidebar chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Prettified Log Viewer chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Chat Box chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Calculator chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Toggle chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Counter chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Always Stack chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Game Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Offer Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Seek Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Failed to load resource chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/images/ui-bg_fine-grain_10_c3c3c3_60x60.png
Personal currencyClient.js:64
Avatar Inventory currencyClient.js:64
King's Royal Court currencyClient.js:64
[GSFN.Widget.initialize] 2030 -- jquery version: 1.6.4 loader.js:1
Failed to load resource chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/images/ui-bg_fine-grain_20_cbaa6e_60x60.png
clicked notifications.js:63
Create achievements response: 
Object
 DominionClient.js:740
Time: 0.928 seconds FS.DeckBuilder.js:1293
FSSDK - called our ClientGameInstance constructor DominionGameClient.js:117
using query parameters for canvas size: 960 640 DominionUI.js:3952
calling FS.Advertising DominionGameClient.js:203
callback from FS.Advertising DominionGameClient.js:210
Using layout: layout960x640 DominionUI.js:1486
Room Chat: florrat: The VP Counter is ON because all the other players are bots. utils.js:11
Room Chat: florrat: Say "#vphelp" for more info. utils.js:11
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/4febdb067a04f40bcdecc6b9.png
Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy. gameClient.html:1
creating dominionwindow DominionUI.js:13170
using card buidler. DominionUI.js:3739
canvas size: 960 640 layoutSize: [size 960 640] DominionUI.js:11360
using requestAnimationFrame DominionUI.js:13246
Hovel utils.js:11
trashed card: [Hovel] utils.js:11
Hovel utils.js:11
trashed card: [Hovel] utils.js:11
Mining Village utils.js:11
trashed card: [Mining Village] utils.js:11
Mining Village utils.js:11
trashed card: [Mining Village] utils.js:11
destroying  fan: hand DominionUI.js:6864
destroying flat: reveal DominionUI.js:6873
destroying deck: deck DominionUI.js:6868
destroying deck: discard DominionUI.js:6868
destroying flat: durationMat DominionUI.js:6873
destroying  fan: hand DominionUI.js:6864
destroying flat: reveal DominionUI.js:6873
destroying deck: deck DominionUI.js:6868
destroying deck: discard DominionUI.js:6868
destroying flat: durationMat DominionUI.js:6873
destroyed PlayerController DominionUI.js:13286
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/4febdb067a04f40bcdecc6b9.png
Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy. gameClient.html:1
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/508574f80cf270038ff91f3c.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516cda39e4b082c74d7a4b14.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50797e04fca2ca7237eeb056.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5063cfb10cf2b1ff4173e1b7.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d3d96e4b082c74d7b57e2.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d703ee4b082c74d7bfdcf.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516ccffbe4b082c74d79ff3c.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d31e6e4b082c74d7b33b2.png

Code: [Select]
gatherUrlCookieParams found the following URL params:
Array[1]
 FSSDK.js:553
ConnectionMaker found the following cookie params:
FS.Utils.InfoCookie
 FSSDK.js:560
ConnectionMaker merged the following cookie params:
Array[1]
 FSSDK.js:566
FS.MessageWebSocketConnection.prototype.connect: currently trying - ws://prod-wsg04.goko.com:80 FSSDK.js:13427
FSSDK: webSocket: onopen: top: url:ws://prod-wsg04.goko.com:80 FSSDK.js:13482
Setting up GA connection heartbeat every: 60000 milliseconds FSSDK.js:13525
initMeetingRoom DominionClient.js:292
This element isn't a canvas - TypeError: Object #<HTMLDivElement> has no method 'getContext' FSSDK.Notifier.js:198
This is a HTML Element FSSDK.Notifier.js:102
Dimension: W0px H0px @L607.5px T0px FSSDK.Notifier.js:115
Successfully subscribed to player notifications FSSDK.js:20333
[GSFN.Widget.Shell.initialize] loader.js:1
Running Goko Salvager 2.3.4 init.js:7
Loading Utils utils.js:7
Loading Settings Dialog settingsDialog.js:7
Loading Notifications Module notifications.js:10
Loading Kingdom Generator kingdom_generator.js:7
Loading autokick autokick.js:7
Loading Always Stack alwaysStack.js:7
Loading Module Loader chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:7
Starting module User Settings Dialog chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Notifications chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Lobby Ratings chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Deck Tracker chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Table State chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module autokick chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Blacklist chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Avatars chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Kingdom Generator chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Sidebar chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Prettified Log Viewer chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Chat Box chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Calculator chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Toggle chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module VP Counter chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Always Stack chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Game Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Offer Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch Seek Popup chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Starting module Automatch chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/module_loader.js:39
Failed to load resource chrome-extension://mpdfbpmdilefgbkgcpndgadifgahkkgo/images/ui-bg_fine-grain_10_c3c3c3_60x60.png
[GSFN.Widget.initialize] 2030 -- jquery version: 1.6.4 loader.js:1
Create achievements response: 
Object
 DominionClient.js:740
XHR finished loading: "http://api.gameanalytics.com/1/97b7f5082cb3f71a137646605b09fe8a/user".
Automatch script loaded. utils.js:11
Initializing automatch. utils.js:11
Initializing Automatch utils.js:11
Connecting to Automatch server at wss://andrewiannaccone.com/automatch utils.js:11
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50b83d10e4b015dcbac5ebb1.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d771ee4b082c74d7c11fa.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/512bb1dbe4b0c02658febf1c.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5143eac9e4b0f496b6dd69bb.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d31f8e4b082c74d7b33ee.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d76f7e4b082c74d7c1188.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/510ca59ce4b02265335fddc6.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/512426c5e4b0bfc020b201bb.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50e938a8e4b0750f9b39d407.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d337ae4b082c74d7b38cb.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513befabe4b0da6e3de05837.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516cd6d0e4b082c74d7a3500.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d24b2e4b082c74d7b0781.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d28eae4b082c74d7b1612.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/514fd1cae4b0b79c883bbbe5.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d518ee4b082c74d7b9cd3.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/517c2de8e4b07cbd3b35b190.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d78ebe4b082c74d7c171c.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/506b004f0cf2c3b232a28435.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d3a25e4b082c74d7b4d7d.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d2c1ee4b082c74d7b20b6.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5067a563a2e6086ef3c5a031.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5146a2c4e4b0bef57ec886f9.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/4febcf827a04f40bcdecc6b7.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5143f0b0e4b08529f80f9937.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/506f5eb6a2e63ef582b4e7ef.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d13a9e4b082c74d7ac66e.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d3f07e4b082c74d7b5c32.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d2a8ce4b082c74d7b1b9d.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5150fcbbe4b0b79c883bd312.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d5db4e4b082c74d7bc5bc.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5146a736e4b0f922253718ab.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d4119e4b082c74d7b6259.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513ce7a8e4b0da6e3de06985.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516cd5d8e4b082c74d7a2db6.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/511509cde4b05d0fdbb6607b.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5142173fe4b0434d02d09a9b.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d4b3fe4b082c74d7b866e.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d12a8e4b082c74d7ac27b.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516cd48fe4b082c74d7a2465.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513779f1e4b006f8dc8ccbf6.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513a371ee4b079bc05b01f3e.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513a0105e4b05fa06a311a11.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d575fe4b082c74d7bb0c8.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d263fe4b082c74d7b0ceb.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5177ecf1e4b0af878030b1f3.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d392de4b082c74d7b4a89.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/513b2eb3e4b05fa06a3133b9.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d04e1e4b082c74d7a833c.png
Connected to Automatch server. utils.js:11
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/5143ebcce4b0434d02d0beae.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50afba85e4b0258f50b26805.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d24b0e4b082c74d7b0778.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/508e52cc0cf20691e0b37f4a.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50b0d031e4b0c5dcbb3e0420.png
Automatch server closed websocket. utils.js:11
Automatch connection failure: 1/100 utils.js:11
Not attempting to reconnect to automatch server. utils.js:11
Entered lobby: 5027185e14b17abbe2065298 utils.js:11
Connecting to Automatch server at wss://andrewiannaccone.com/automatch utils.js:11
Connected to Automatch server. utils.js:11
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/517e1ec1e4b0b903ada067cb.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516d8221e4b082c74d7c3090.png
Running ping loop utils.js:11
Sending ping utils.js:11
Sent PING message to Automatch server: utils.js:11
Object
 utils.js:11
Got CONFIRM_RECEIPT message from Automatch server: utils.js:11
Object
 utils.js:11
Receipt of message confirmed: florrat1380604707781 utils.js:11

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #656 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:10 am »
+2

In version 2.3.4, when I join a game with #vpon in the title, this is how the chat starts:

Alan Malloy: I am using a VP counter (gokosalvager.com). Say #vp? to see the score in chat or #vphelp for more info.
Alan Malloy: #vpon
Alan Malloy: I'd like to use a VP counter (See gokosalvager.com). You can say "#vpoff" before Turn 5 to disallow it, or "#vp?" to see the score in chat. Say "#vphelp" for more info.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 01, 2013, 02:57:53 am »
+3

Thanks amalloy and florrat (and yed for testing and posting straight to github).

-My own custom avatar doesn't seem to work anymore. Anytime I open the game (100% of the ~20 times I refreshed) the Goko avatar is displayed. I also cannot click on this avatar (to change it). When I go to the multiplayer lobby, my own avatar is a standard Goko avatar, but I do see custom avatars of others. Also, in games (and on score screens), my custom avatar is displayed. Below are two logs with a lot of "Failed to load resource"-errors, which are probably related (most - but not all - of them say they fail to load some avatar image). The top log is the log of playing the game against a bot, the bottom log is of joining the multiplayer lobby.

The avatars module is due for a serious overhaul. The "Failed to load resource errors" are because it's looking on retrobox for every player's avatar image, regardless of whether they have one registered or not. Your own avatar is failing to show up because the original GreaseMonkey code relied on running immediately after the Goko page loaded, which I basically can't do in the current addon/extension implementation. I don't want to prioritize these fixes over automatch or vp counter issue, so avatars just may not work quite right in this version.

-When I type #vphelp I get all messages twice, once sent by "**" and once sent by "florrat". (this is in games against bots)

Will fix. I need to intercept the chat messages that are actually VP counter commands. Edit: fixed in v2.3.4.2

-[non-reproducible error] In one game the vp tracker didn't work. I think it showed the players of the game I played before that game, but the VP-amounts had - AFAIK - no relation to either the current or the previous game. Attached you'll find a screenshot. When trying to give commands in chat (#vp? or #vphelp), nothing happened: my message didn't display, and I didn't get any response (I could send other non-command messages). I forgot to copy the log. Probably this isn't that helpful until I find a way to reproduce it, but I wanted to report it anyway.

Definitely a high priority fix. I'll try to reproduce it. Send me a log if you can.

- The log only fills part of the space next to the game (see attached screenshot).

Do you have the sidebar chat option disabled? It looks like it's trying to make space for the chat area anyway. Edit: yeah, that was it. Fixed in this commit, will be released in v2.3.4.3

In version 2.3.4, when I join a game with #vpon in the title, this is how the chat starts:

Alan Malloy: I am using a VP counter (gokosalvager.com). Say #vp? to see the score in chat or #vphelp for more info.
Alan Malloy: #vpon
Alan Malloy: I'd like to use a VP counter (See gokosalvager.com). You can say "#vpoff" before Turn 5 to disallow it, or "#vp?" to see the score in chat. Say "#vphelp" for more info.

Will fix. Edit: fixed in v2.3.4.2
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:36:30 pm by ragingduckd »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:53 am »
+2

The avatars module is due for a serious overhaul. The "Failed to load resource errors" are because it's looking on retrobox for every player's avatar image, regardless of whether they have one registered or not. Your own avatar is failing to show up because the original GreaseMonkey code relied on running immediately after the Goko page loaded, which I basically can't do in the current addon/extension implementation. I don't want to prioritize these fixes over automatch or vp counter issue, so avatars just may not work quite right in this version.

I'd like to put in my vote that automatch should be last priority after making sure everything else works.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 01, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »
+5

I'd like to put in my vote that automatch should be last priority after making sure everything else works.

"After making sure everything else works" is a reasonable-sounding goal that stops development dead. It's how you wind up with a space shuttle that has less computing power than an Xbox.

Still, I'll consider it if you'll be more precise. Which of these do you mean?
  • "I prefer custom avatars to automatch, Isotropish ratings, challenges, veto mode, and any other proposed improvements."
  • "I want you to put in as much time as it takes to keep improving the extension without ever breaking an existing feature."
  • "The GreaseMonkey script version was perfect. Please help me find it again."
  • "I'm willing to help out with testing and development."

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:36 pm »

"After making sure everything else works" is a reasonable-sounding goal that stops development dead. It's how you wind up with a space shuttle that has less computing power than an Xbox.

Still, I'll consider it if you'll be more precise. Which of these do you mean?
  • "I prefer custom avatars to automatch, Isotropish ratings, challenges, veto mode, and any other proposed improvements."
  • "I want you to put in as much time as it takes to keep improving the extension without ever breaking an existing feature."
  • "The GreaseMonkey script version was perfect. Please help me find it again."
  • "I'm willing to help out with testing and development."

Sorry, I'll try to be more precise.

• "I prefer custom avatars, Isotropish ratings, challenges, veto mode, and any other proposed improvements to automatch."
  • "I want you to put in as much time as it takes to keep improving the extension without ever breaking an existing feature except automatch, which I don't care about."
  • "I'm willing to help out with testing, except with automatch."

As someone who never has trouble finding a game, I consider automatch a waste of time and resources. I wouldn't be against its development except for two reasons:

• From the little I understand, it's more invasive to Goko than any of the other features. It's my understanding that it basically puts you in several lobbies at once. That seems like something that Goko is likely to eventually crack down on. It's quite possible I'm misinformed about this.
• It seems to me (emphasis on seems) that ever since work started on automatch, other features (which I do use) have been breaking with increasing frequency.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
+5

Automatch doesn't put you in multiple lobbies at once (and you can do that anyway with normal Goko, just have multiple tabs).  Automatch uses a third party to find someone else looking there as well to find a game.  You can only automatch with other people looking for an automatched game.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:17 pm »
+8

Sorry, I'll try to be more precise.

• "I prefer custom avatars, Isotropish ratings, challenges, veto mode, and any other proposed improvements to automatch."
  • "I want you to put in as much time as it takes to keep improving the extension without ever breaking an existing feature except automatch, which I don't care about."
  • "I'm willing to help out with testing, except with automatch."

As someone who never has trouble finding a game, I consider automatch a waste of time and resources. I wouldn't be against its development except for two reasons:

• From the little I understand, it's more invasive to Goko than any of the other features. It's my understanding that it basically puts you in several lobbies at once. That seems like something that Goko is likely to eventually crack down on. It's quite possible I'm misinformed about this.
• It seems to me (emphasis on seems) that ever since work started on automatch, other features (which I do use) have been breaking with increasing frequency.

sudgy is correct. Automatch imposes zero additional strain on Goko. It also isn't responsible for bugs elsewhere in Salvager. There have been four big things that have happened since I started on automatch that are causing problems, but they're not directly related to it:

First, I rewrote a bunch of code to try to satisfy Mozilla and put the extension in the Firefox add-on library. This was a huge mistake. I introduced a bunch of new bugs and we neither had regression testing in place nor enough beta testers. I should have waited a lot longer before releasing that version.

Second, I rewrote the VP counter code to reduce all the chatter. This turned out to be way more complicated than I'd realized. I finally ended up writing 42 QUnit test cases to deal with all the possible ways the counter is supposed to turn on and off and explain itself to users. I think that may just about do it.

Third, there were features in the extension left over from the GM script that relied on really precise timing and were occasionally breaking as a result. When I added code to deal with this I introduced more problems than I solved. I believe the current beta fixes this for everything except avatars, which I simply haven't treated as a priority.

Fourth and most importantly, michaeljb signed out. He did a lot of great work on the extension, and he had also been keeping my reckless tendencies in check. yed and amalloy continue to test and making contributions on github, and I don't mean to diminish the testing and reports people have submitted here. But michaeljb had been doing a whole lot of development and it's a lot tougher without him.

So you can blame me for the bugs, not automatch. And if you're serious about volunteering to test, I really would appreciate the help. More testing is really the only way to get these bugs out before I do official releases.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2013, 05:24:46 pm »
+10

I wish I still had time to work on it! Silly degree taking up so much time...
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2013, 05:59:40 pm »
+2

I just wanted to thank you for your efforts.  Goko is, like, usable now.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2013, 06:37:54 pm »
+2

Sign me up for testing! I don't have as much time as I used to, but I'll try to help. Just explain how I can test. I'm rather browser-extension illiterate, I'm afraid.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 01, 2013, 06:56:08 pm »
+1

Sign me up for testing! I don't have as much time as I used to, but I'll try to help. Just explain how I can test. I'm rather browser-extension illiterate, I'm afraid.

Nothing technical. I just need people here to encounter and report the bugs before I release to the general public. My last release was a bit of a disaster and I want to make sure it's more polished this time.

Install the beta version and turn on extra logging. Then just play normally but change the options around every game or two. Try to use a wide range of options, including multiple browsers if you can.

Whenever something looks wrong, take a screenshot, copy the log and post the problem here or on the github issues list.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:50 am »
+1

Some minor issues:
The log sometimes is displayed in the lobby.
The scrollbar for the awesome new chat is not fully on the screen.

The vp counter notifications are still a bit off.
*** The VP Counter is ON and LOCKED because the table name contained "#vpon"
*** Say "#vphelp" for more info.
Watno I have joined the game.
[..., continues at about turn 2]
Watno I am using a VP counter (gokosalvager.com). Say #vp? to see the score in chat or #vphelp for more info.
Watno #vpon
Watno I'd like to use a VP counter (See gokosalvager.com). You can say "#vpoff" before Turn 5 to disallow it, or "#vp?" to see the score in chat. Say "#vphelp" for more info.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:46:40 am by Watno »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 03, 2013, 04:35:33 pm »

The vp counter notifications are still a bit off.
*** The VP Counter is ON and LOCKED because the table name contained "#vpon"
*** Say "#vphelp" for more info.
Watno I have joined the game.
[..., continues at about turn 2]
Watno I am using a VP counter (gokosalvager.com). Say #vp? to see the score in chat or #vphelp for more info.
Watno #vpon
Watno I'd like to use a VP counter (See gokosalvager.com). You can say "#vpoff" before Turn 5 to disallow it, or "#vp?" to see the score in chat. Say "#vphelp" for more info.

I believe this is fixed in a more recent beta. The current version is v2.3.4.4

If you're in Chrome, you may need to enable "developer mode" or manually update your extensions to get the beta updates. If you're in Firefox, you may need to make sure automatic updating is enabled. I'm not sure about Safari.

Auto-updating extensions is trickier than I'd expected. It kinda looks like the major browsers all implemented it and then decided it was a security risk and broke it in various ways. Like Chrome extensions silently disabling themselves if you change the permission requests.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »
+2

I was thinking last night about how much Goko Salvager does to, well, salvage the experience of playing Dominion on Goko.  It's great, and I really appreciate all the hard work that's been done on it, by Andrew/ragingduckd, michaeljb, and nutki (and maybe others I'm not aware of?) 

I was thinking, I'd like to make a small donation as a token of my appreciation.  Any way I can do that?  Maybe it'll be too logistically complicated since there are a number of contributors, but I just wanted to throw it out there anyway.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2013, 10:16:08 am »
+1

I'm likely in the minority here, but I would actually prefer (at least the option to) have the log visible at all times when Goko is loaded. This is primarily to help with video-making setup.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #671 on: October 09, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »
+2

Feature request:
It would be cool to make a list with friends, just like the blacklist. Automatch will check this people before others, so that you can play with them more often.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 09, 2013, 12:41:39 pm »

I'm likely in the minority here, but I would actually prefer (at least the option to) have the log visible at all times when Goko is loaded. This is primarily to help with video-making setup.
Yeah, why did I never suggest that. that woukd be really cool. Often while waiting for a game, I try to remember something from the last one and can't. In fact I even try to find what I'm looking for when the log pops back up while the next game is loading (which of course is impossible in that short time)

ShinKyo

• Steward
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 09, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »
+1

Thanks for the great plugin! Is there an option to turn off the VP-Counter but still show the log? By the way if the plugin doesn't start it helped me to deactivate it in Chrome once and then activate it again after restart.
For all who sometimes want to play with the recommed sets from the original rules: I have extracted all sets out of the rules and format them a bit so that you only have to copy/paste it for the plugin. But at the two sets with fixed bane card I don't know how it works. I'm not sure if you can specify a bane card as 11th card there.
Dominion-Sets for Goko Dominion Salvager Plugin

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 09, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »

Thanks for the great plugin! Is there an option to turn off the VP-Counter but still show the log? By the way if the plugin doesn't start it helped me to deactivate it in Chrome once and then activate it again after restart.
For all who sometimes want to play with the recommed sets from the original rules: I have extracted all sets out of the rules and format them a bit so that you only have to copy/paste it for the plugin. But at the two sets with fixed bane card I don't know how it works. I'm not sure if you can specify a bane card as 11th card there.
Dominion-Sets for Goko Dominion Salvager Plugin

If you go to user settings on the main goko page under your avatar you can change the settings (including automatically turning off the vp counter). You can also type #vpoff in the chat.

Specifying the bane merely requires putting in 11 cards with one of the first 10 being young witch. Full instructions here http://dom.retrobox.eu/kingdomgenerator.html
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.