Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598690 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2013, 03:41:28 pm »
+7

If Goko just had a Friends List that showed me online/offline friends and what lobby they are in, and let me send a game invite directly, I'd just do that.  But that is an impossible dream.

Your dreams are feature requests?

Here's an impossible (Dominion) dream: A "Simulate That!" button on the Game Over Screen which would 1) determine what reasonable strategies you and your opponents attempted to play, then 2) Simulates them to determine whether you won/lost because of luck, or skill, then 3) points out your errors in executing the strategy and 4) tells you what the optimal strategy would have been -- all in 3 seconds flat.

Want it to make you a sandwich too?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »
+1

If Goko just had a Friends List that showed me online/offline friends and what lobby they are in, and let me send a game invite directly, I'd just do that.  But that is an impossible dream.

Your dreams are feature requests?

Here's an impossible (Dominion) dream: A "Simulate That!" button on the Game Over Screen which would 1) determine what reasonable strategies you and your opponents attempted to play, then 2) Simulates them to determine whether you won/lost because of luck, or skill, then 3) points out your errors in executing the strategy and 4) tells you what the optimal strategy would have been -- all in 3 seconds flat.

Want it to make you a sandwich too?

Of course -- but I was trying to keep it reasonable.  ;)

I do really appreciate the extension. No kidding, there.  :)

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 13, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »
+7

Feature request: gluten-free option.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:54 pm »

Feature Request: A "Simulate That!" button.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »
+1

My computer is small and I can't see the VP part of the VP tracker, only who's in first. Is there a way to change that so it can be smaller or change it back to the way it was (scrolled sideways with the log?)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 14, 2013, 12:08:16 am »

My computer is small and I can't see the VP part of the VP tracker, only who's in first. Is there a way to change that so it can be smaller or change it back to the way it was (scrolled sideways with the log?)

Almost certainly. Please post a screenshot so that I can be sure I understand the problem.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Sayron

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Point Counter seems to be counting Fool's Gold as an action for Vineyard.
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2013, 12:54:16 am »

Earlier I played this game. The point counter seemed to be assuming that Fool's Gold counted towards Vineyard. My opponent had a turn in which all he bought were Fool's Gold and the point counter showed his points increasing ( he already had vineyards in his deck). At the end of the game his total was off by the amount one would expect for Fool's Gold being applied to Vineyard.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Point Counter seems to be counting Fool's Gold as an action for Vineyard.
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2013, 03:49:18 am »

Earlier I played this game. The point counter seemed to be assuming that Fool's Gold counted towards Vineyard. My opponent had a turn in which all he bought were Fool's Gold and the point counter showed his points increasing ( he already had vineyards in his deck). At the end of the game his total was off by the amount one would expect for Fool's Gold being applied to Vineyard.

Yup, that's definitely a bug. Looks like it applies to both the VP counter and the log prettifier. Thanks.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 14, 2013, 03:55:41 am »
+9

Bug report: I played a game earlier today against Lespeutere and I had the extension running, and at the end of the game, it said that I won.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2013, 07:12:11 am »
+1

Okay, real bug report:

I've found that every time I go to Goko, the extension isn't loading.  This is after playing some games (with it on) then going off to do other stuff, then going back to Goko.  If I quit Chrome and reopen, then go to Goko, the extension (usually) loads.

I'm using: Version 29.0.1547.65 and version 2.3.2 of the extension.  I've done the permissions thing already.

Separately, I've found that the auto-VPON message in-game doesn't happen until Turn 1 is over.  Don't know if that delay is programmed in or not.

Also, you have too many spaces around your commas when listing Scrying Pool actions revealed in the log.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:48 am »
+4

Okay, real bug report:

I've found that every time I go to Goko, the extension isn't loading.  This is after playing some games (with it on) then going off to do other stuff, then going back to Goko.  If I quit Chrome and reopen, then go to Goko, the extension (usually) loads.

This is hard to diagnose because it occurs extremely rarely on my machine. I don't know how to make my machine behave more like yours, so I'm going to need a lot of detail to pin this one down.

Here's my understanding of exactly how you reproduce the error. Please correct as necessary:
1. You open Goko, play some games
2. You leave Goko and visit a different website in the same tab
3. You go back to Goko, still in the same tab
4. The "User Settings" link is gone
5. When you join the Multiplayer lobby, the automatch button, pro ratings, and other lobby features are also abset

I'll need a copy of your console log too. First enable the "Extra Logging" option. Then when the error occurs, press F12 to open the log console. Copy/Paste the whole thing here.

Separately, I've found that the auto-VPON message in-game doesn't happen until Turn 1 is over.  Don't know if that delay is programmed in or not.

It's deliberate. If you say #vpon on game start or on your first turn, it's possible that your opponent hasn't actually entered the game room yet. If that happens, Goko never ends up delivering your #vpon message to your opponent.

FYI, the same thing can happen to "gl hf" messages if you say them too fast before an opponent with a slow computer enter the room.

Also, you have too many spaces around your commas when listing Scrying Pool actions revealed in the log.

That's intentional. The extra spaces allow for a more efficient storage of the log data, which reduces the extension's memory footprint and increases its overall flux capacitance.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:43 am »
+1

Okay, real bug report:

This is hard to diagnose because it occurs extremely rarely on my machine. I don't know how to make my machine behave more like yours, so I'm going to need a lot of detail to pin this one down.

Here's my understanding of exactly how you reproduce the error. Please correct as necessary:
1. You open Goko, play some games
2. You leave Goko and visit a different website in the same tab
3. You go back to Goko, still in the same tab
4. The "User Settings" link is gone
5. When you join the Multiplayer lobby, the automatch button, pro ratings, and other lobby features are also abset

I'll need a copy of your console log too. First enable the "Extra Logging" option. Then when the error occurs, press F12 to open the log console. Copy/Paste the whole thing here.

This is correct.  I tried to make it happen just now, but couldn't.

I generally open a Chrome tab, go to Goko.  Two possibilities now:

1)  Salvager is running (I see my custom avatar)
2)  It isn't not.

If 2), as long as I quit Chrome (Command - Q), when I visit again, Salvager is working again.

If 1), I play some games, all the Salvager greatness is there.  I then switch over to f.ds in the same tab, update some mafia games, go back in the same tab to Goko, and 1 or 2 happens from above.

I can't guarantee it is always in the same tab, though.  But generally, it is.

I'll do some logging and catch the error when possible.  I'm on a Mac, if that matters.  Thanks.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 14, 2013, 09:21:05 am »
+1

You know the "abort" button that is on the screen after you accept an automatch and the table is being created?  Any possibility to could put that in a different spot than where the "accept" button was a second beforehand?  I've almost clicked that thing multiple times thinking I hadn't hit Accept yet.

I know working with Goko stuff has probably made you think stacking things in a way to encourage misclicks is normal... ;)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 14, 2013, 09:40:46 am »

You know the "abort" button that is on the screen after you accept an automatch and the table is being created?  Any possibility to could put that in a different spot than where the "accept" button was a second beforehand?  I've almost clicked that thing multiple times thinking I hadn't hit Accept yet.

I know working with Goko stuff has probably made you think stacking things in a way to encourage misclicks is normal... ;)

Good point. I hadn't even noticed.

Honestly, I'm not too eager to make incremental tweaks to the automatch UI. It was a first design, and I almost always end up scrapping my first design entirely once I've learned how I could do the whole thing better. When I next work on the automatch UI, it'll end up in a rather different form than it has now.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:44 pm »
+1

Okay, real bug report:

Never mind. I think I found the problem. The fix is implemented and will be in the next version.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #590 on: September 15, 2013, 01:58:42 am »
+1

I don't know, if this is a goko-problem or caused by the extension:
I click "create game" and the window appears, but if I click the "create game"-button there, nothing happens and I have to try it several times. Not the biggest problem, but a bit enerving.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Lotoreo

• Baron
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2013, 07:41:03 am »
+1

The point counter did not count the same as goko, in this (non-menagerie) game:

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130915/log.516d31dbe4b082c74d7b3391.1379245119510.txt

Not sure where the fault lies, at Gokos or the point counter ;) Maybe it has something to do with the tunnels?

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2013, 07:51:00 am »
+7

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130915/log.516d31dbe4b082c74d7b3391.1379245119510.txt

Not sure where the fault lies, at Gokos or the point counter ;) Maybe it has something to do with the tunnels?

I was the opponent in this game; the log linked above lists the score correctly, but the in-game VP counter did not: it listed Alan Malloy as being ahead 27-25. I think the error is clearly at https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/blob/master/src/ext/vpcounter.js#L79, which counts reactions like Tunnel as if they were actions when scoring Vineyard. I'll put together a pull request shortly.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2013, 08:38:51 am »
+5

I was the opponent in this game; the log linked above lists the score correctly, but the in-game VP counter did not: it listed Alan Malloy as being ahead 27-25. I think the error is clearly at https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/blob/master/src/ext/vpcounter.js#L79, which counts reactions like Tunnel as if they were actions when scoring Vineyard. I'll put together a pull request shortly.

Really good catch. This explains why Vineyard counts Fool's Gold too.

Fixed (by Alan). Thanks! It'll be in the next release.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:50:44 am by ragingduckd »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »
+2

For some reason, this now happens (EDIT: In the chat at the beginning of a game):

Code: [Select]
awaclus: #vpon
jaybeez: #vpon
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »

This explains why Vineyard counts Fool's Gold too.
but I wouldn't think you would have vineyard and fool's gold in the same deck very often :P

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2013, 02:51:00 pm »

For some reason, this now happens (EDIT: In the chat at the beginning of a game):

Yah, this has been happening alot to me as well. Sometimes it's repeated over ten times, even. The most perplexing thing is that it doesn't happen always. Most of the time the #vpons are relatively silent, but then the next game they come rushing in like an avalanche of impatient children finally arriving with their bus at the destination of a school-trip.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

Almost certainly. Please post a screenshot so that I can be sure I understand the problem.
It's too big of a file to attach.. I'll email it to you.

EDIT: nevermind, i guess you can't attach things in the forum email thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:29:11 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »
+3

Yah, this has been happening alot to me as well. Sometimes it's repeated over ten times, even. The most perplexing thing is that it doesn't happen always. Most of the time the #vpons are relatively silent, but then the next game they come rushing in like an avalanche of impatient children finally arriving with their bus at the destination of a school-trip.

Here is an example:

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2013, 02:14:24 am »
+8

I don't know, if this is a goko-problem or caused by the extension:
I click "create game" and the window appears, but if I click the "create game"-button there, nothing happens and I have to try it several times. Not the biggest problem, but a bit enerving.

This happens because Goko looks up which sets you own every time you open the Create/Edit Table dialog. For reasons that I cannot fathom, that check can take anywhere from 1-15 seconds.

If you're creating a casual or unrated game, Goko displays a big waiting animation while this lookup is going on, so you're probably not too tempted to press the "Create" button until it's finished. In pro mode, however, the search happens but doesn't show a waiting animation, so it looks like you're ready to go. But if you press "Create" while the lookup is still going on, nothing happens.

I've been meaning to fix this for a while, but the create game logic is some of the ugliest and most infuriating spaghetti code in the whole site. I'll also probably end up breaking the table name saving or the kingdom generator when I do try to fix it.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.