Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598636 times)

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »
+6

I would like to add my 2 cents about autokicking all non-extension users: isn't that similar to just using automatch? Automatch guarantees you to play against an extension user, and every extension user has the possibility to use automatch. And I agree with AI that this is a little unfriendly.

We also don't want to make too much ways to kick nonwanted persons, otherwise new players to Goko (and possible future users of this forum) will be driven away, because they can't join any game*, or they get confused by the game names (like "all sets, #vpon, 3.4k-7.1k, +f.ds")...

*this might be the case already, but I think being kicked from a game which says "4000+" in the name will be understood (eventually) by new players

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 10, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »
+2

The point tracker wasn't counting Nobles in this game I just played.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 10, 2013, 10:47:42 pm »
+1

I would like to add my 2 cents about autokicking all non-extension users: isn't that similar to just using automatch? Automatch guarantees you to play against an extension user, and every extension user has the possibility to use automatch. And I agree with AI that this is a little unfriendly.

We also don't want to make too much ways to kick nonwanted persons, otherwise new players to Goko (and possible future users of this forum) will be driven away, because they can't join any game*, or they get confused by the game names (like "all sets, #vpon, 3.4k-7.1k, +f.ds")...

*this might be the case already, but I think being kicked from a game which says "4000+" in the name will be understood (eventually) by new players

I guess the point of my request was to be able to specifically target games to the people with whom I personally want to play.  You can call me an exclusionist, but it's no different than auto-kicking people you don't want to play because they aren't as good as you are or blacklisting people after a bad experience.

I'd much rather play AI or Eevee than guest0001030304020, even if guest0001030304020 is every nice and good at Dominion.

The opt-in whitelist sounds like an elegant option.  If Goko just had a Friends List that showed me online/offline friends and what lobby they are in, and let me send a game invite directly, I'd just do that.  But that is an impossible dream.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2013, 10:50:56 pm »
+4

If Goko just had a Friends List that showed me online/offline friends and what lobby they are in, and let me send a game invite directly, I'd just do that.  But that is an impossible dream.

Your dreams are feature requests?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:29 am »
+4

We do appreciate all you've done to make our dreams come true.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 11, 2013, 01:19:16 pm »
+1

New release of Goko Dominion Salvager (v2.3 beta)
These changes should address the strange automatch behavior of the past week. I've also introduced some new features (in bold below) and fixed some small bugs.
Firefox link returns 404: File not found.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »

New release of Goko Dominion Salvager (v2.3 beta)
These changes should address the strange automatch behavior of the past week. I've also introduced some new features (in bold below) and fixed some small bugs.
Firefox link returns 404: File not found.

Sorry. Computers are so damn tricky.

New links (and v2.3.1 with bugfixes): http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283465#msg283465
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:16:20 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 11, 2013, 02:27:09 pm »

Here, Silk Roads was worth about double of it's normal value as it should be (only on the in-game viewer).

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 11, 2013, 02:39:53 pm »
+1

Here, Silk Roads was worth about double of it's normal value as it should be (only on the in-game viewer).

I think the VP counter issues are all fixed in v2.3.1

(6 Silver, fyi)

Edit: I intrdoduced this and the other logviewer/VP counter bugs while rewriting the code to get Firefox security-compliant. Not that my programming errors are Mozilla's fault, but that's why I was messing with the old (working) code.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:53:56 pm by ragingduckd »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 11, 2013, 07:10:10 pm »
+1

Apparently the new Chrom Salvager needs to "access my tabs and browsing activity" to function. Can someone explain why that's necessary? It sounds quite an odd thing to be requesting.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 11, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »
+1

Apparently the new Chrom Salvager needs to "access my tabs and browsing activity" to function. Can someone explain why that's necessary? It sounds quite an odd thing to be requesting.

You're getting that message because it has this privilege tag in the extension's description file (manifest.json). That means it has the power to do these things. It doesn't do those things, of course, and it doesn't need to be asking for them. I think I must have included it accidentally while experimenting with the manifest options.

Sorry about that. I'll fix in the in the next version. If you're uncomfortable using the extension until then, I suggest using the Firefox version. It's running the same code but its manifest file doesn't request any unnecessary or unreasonable privileges.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »

Eh, that doesn't sound like a big deal, I'll just re-install it. Thanks for the simple answer.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 11, 2013, 11:43:29 pm »
+1

We do appreciate all you've done to make our dreams come true.

AI is a unicorn.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2013, 01:10:15 am »

You're getting that message because it has this privilege tag in the extension's description file (manifest.json). That means it has the power to do these things. It doesn't do those things, of course, and it doesn't need to be asking for them. I think I must have included it accidentally while experimenting with the manifest options.

Sorry about that. I'll fix in the in the next version. If you're uncomfortable using the extension until then, I suggest using the Firefox version. It's running the same code but its manifest file doesn't request any unnecessary or unreasonable privileges.

I feel a little uncomfortable with this, but don't use Firefox. About how long until you remove it from the Chrome version? Thanks btw to all involved with the extension.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2013, 06:15:39 am »
+3

Feature request: In the log at the right hand side during the game, could the card names have coloured backgrounds?
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2013, 06:19:04 am »
+5

Feature (re)request: can the chat box be moved anywhere other than on top of my hand?

JerseyFrank

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:13 am »
+1

Bug or user error?

Guests are being auto-booted, even if I don't specify a "XXXX+" value in the game name.  Tried different game names. ("For JGALG", "JGALG2", etc.)

Also, #VPON is happening by default.  Feature or bug?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2013, 10:19:04 am »
+2

Feature request: In the log at the right hand side during the game, could the card names have coloured backgrounds?

I'm confused. You're not referring to this sort of coloring are you?

If you are, then you need to update. I broke the colors in v2.3, but they're back in the current version.

FYI, I'm pretty close to getting auto-updating set up, so this having to download the latest version nonsense will come to an end soon.

Feature (re)request: can the chat box be moved anywhere other than on top of my hand?

Yes. It's a little tricker than I thought when it was first suggested though. The whole play area is hard to manipulated because it's not made of individual HTML elements. It's all one big Canvas that Goko's just drawing on like a bunch of web-illiterate savages. Makes it much harder to tweak than the lobby elements.

Bug or user error?

Guests are being auto-booted, even if I don't specify a "XXXX+" value in the game name.  Tried different game names. ("For JGALG", "JGALG2", etc.)

A guest should be kicked from a table named "For JGALG". Anyone other than JGALG should be. Nobody at all should be getting kicked from a table named simply "JGALG2" with no "for" or "xxxx+". Both of those options can be disabled, btw (see below).

If guests are getting kicked from tables with totally innocuous names like "my table", then something is wrong. I can't reproduce that behavior, so please send more info (version number, browser, exact table name, and maybe a screenshot).

Also, #VPON is happening by default.  Feature or bug?

Feature. There's a "always request VP counter" option and it's enabled by default. You can change that in the "User Settings" dialog: click the "User Settings" link below the "Logout" link on the main page before you enter the multiplayer lobby.

elahrairah13

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:59 am »

I just installed. This is kinda amazing. Is it customizable at all? Like can I change the colors that display in the log on the right, or change the size of the various frames, etc?
Sorry to ask obvious questions... too lazy to read 22 pages of thread but don't see any sort of readme stuff.
No worries if there is not. Those are probably low on the priority list.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2013, 10:38:19 am »

I must be the only person who doesn't need a log on the side in order to play Goko.  I'm perfectly fine with the interface as it is.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2013, 11:37:39 am »
+2

Yes. It's a little tricker than I thought when it was first suggested though. The whole play area is hard to manipulated because it's not made of individual HTML elements. It's all one big Canvas that Goko's just drawing on like a bunch of web-illiterate savages. Makes it much harder to tweak than the lobby elements.

No man, you just don't understand. Goko's product is too complicated to break down into simple HTML elements.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:14 am »
+7

I must be the only person who doesn't need a log on the side in order to play Goko.  I'm perfectly fine with the interface as it is.

That's what my dad says about smartphones.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2013, 11:40:25 am »
+4

That's what my dad says about smartphones.

Relevant:

Typical Reaction to the Revelation That I Do Not Own a Cell Phone, By Year

1998: Solidarity ("Yeah, me neither--I hate those things!")

1999: Envy ("Lucky you; I had to get one for work.")

2000: Indifference ("Okay, what's your home phone number then?")

2001: Encouragement ("You should get one--you can play Tetris on them now!")

2002: Confusion ("I thought you were, like, a tech guy.")

2003: Sympathy ("They're getting pretty cheap. You'll be able to afford one soon.")

2004: Irritation ("So how am I supposed to get a hold of you?")

2005: Derision ("If we go out tonight I'll send you a fax.")

2006: Skepticism ("Are you serious?")

2007: Awe ("Wow, you're like the last one.")

2008: Incomprehension ("You don't ... how ...?")

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2013, 12:28:12 pm »

It's definitely playable without the extension, but the log on the side is very convenient. Beats having to open it manually every time you want to look at your opponents' last turns.

For me the big draw is the Kingdom randomizer, though. It's the only feature I really care about and the reason I installed the extension in the first place.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2013, 12:39:22 pm »

Wandering Winder doesn't use it.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.