Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598839 times)

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:20 pm »
+2

I think I found a small bug. It happened when I just completed a game (which was not found via automatch, but I had auto-automatch on when hosting the game). It said "Automatch: Idle" as it should, but when I clicked on it, I got the "Looking for a match"-message, see below.

No matter what button I clicked on the pop-up (Stop Looking, Keep Looking or the top-right button), the button disappeared, but the state remained the same (i.e. "Automatch: Idle", but "Looking for match" on click). I could "solve" the problem by creating a game with auto-automatch (the text became the usual green "Automatch: Searching"-message), and after that everything worked as normal (i.e. I could stop searching with automatch when clicking on "Stop Looking").

Maybe it's related to the bug report of ashersky.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:58:25 pm by florrat »

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2013, 12:45:42 am »

Automatch is completely down now.  Red text.  No connection.  I'm guessing the server is down.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2013, 01:15:12 am »

Automatch is completely down now.  Red text.  No connection.  I'm guessing the server is down.

It seems to be running, and I just got matched. Is anyone else having trouble?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2013, 01:20:24 am »

It seems to be running, and I just got matched. Is anyone else having trouble?

It worked for me about 20 minutes later, and after I had played a normal game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2013, 09:24:39 am »
+3

Feature request:

When I leave a gameroom and return to the lobby, the lobby chatbox is always scrolled up to the very top...where the first message sent since I entered the room was.

Can we get that to automatically move down to the most RECENT message like any sane person would do?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »
+1

Where did the "automatically turn vpon in adventures" option go? I liked that. Not a big deal, I just always forget to do it until after turn 5 in those games.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »
+2

I think I broke it when I changed the messages that the extension puts in chat at the beginning of the game, but the option still showed up in the settings menu even though it didn't work.

ragingduckd made a plan to fix this option and the messages issue: https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/29

Contributions welcome :)
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08:25 am »
+10

Would it be possible to make #vpon or #vpoff one of the filters for the automatch so you wouldn't have to specify which one do you want after the game starts?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #483 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:01 am »
+5

Is it possible to make #vpon always be on when using the "Play Bots" button?  That's the main time I use it, personally.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #484 on: September 01, 2013, 09:54:15 am »
+4

Not the most important thing, but it would be cool, if the "5000+" in the game-name would not kick bots. If i chose a bot to play with, I don't want to kick him, because he isn't good enough ;-) And so I won't have to change the game-name.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 01, 2013, 04:54:06 pm »
+4

Would it be possible to make #vpon or #vpoff one of the filters for the automatch so you wouldn't have to specify which one do you want after the game starts?
Is it possible to make #vpon always be on when using the "Play Bots" button?  That's the main time I use it, personally.

Both in progress in this branch, along with the Firefox security issues and restoration of vp counter for adventures and colors in the log viewer.

Not the most important thing, but it would be cool, if the "5000+" in the game-name would not kick bots. If i chose a bot to play with, I don't want to kick him, because he isn't good enough ;-) And so I won't have to change the game-name.

Ok, makes sense.

Just a heads-up: my schedule has gotten busier recently. My Dominion coding priorities right now are:
1. Fix the "too many open files" issue that keeps crashing drunkensailor
2. Finish the overhaul of the log-viewer in the branch I linked above
3. Fix the leaderboard issues and implement Isotropic's version of TrueSkill

It may be a while before I get to the Automatch feature requests and many other good lobby improvements that people have suggested. That's not to discourage these requests, but rather to encourage github contributions.

We have a list of outstanding bugs and requests here. Many of them are small issues that would make a good introduction to the code. We also have some brief instructions explaining how to get started developing the extension, and I'd be happy to provide more detail to anyone who's interested.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 03, 2013, 11:13:09 am »
+5

I think I've finally figured out the "Too many open files" problem that has been crashing automatch and drunkensailor. Unfortunately, my workaround is going to screw with the extension until I find a cleaner server-side fix. Specifically, automatch may produce unexpected behavior in multiple tabs.

This workaround seems to be working. The old connections are getting closed properly now. 30 hours without excessive drunkenness and counting...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:35:33 pm by ragingduckd »

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 04, 2013, 11:25:26 am »
+3

Bug report: When you get automatched in the middle of a "Create Game", and accept the automatch, you get into the game playing screen, but everything is disabled, so you can't do anything. The screen is even darkened to show this.  The only way out, apparently, was to disconnect and leave my opponent hanging (and eventually lose some rating, I guess).

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 04, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »
+1

Bug report: When you get automatched in the middle of a "Create Game", and accept the automatch, you get into the game playing screen, but everything is disabled, so you can't do anything. The screen is even darkened to show this.  The only way out, apparently, was to disconnect and leave my opponent hanging (and eventually lose some rating, I guess).

My apologies. Can you clarify what you mean by "in the middle of a "Create Game"" and "the game playing screen"? I'm guessing you mean that you or your opponent has already clicked "Start Game" and the lobby has been replaced by the black screen or the progress bar?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2013, 01:26:13 pm »
+1

Bug report: When you get automatched in the middle of a "Create Game", and accept the automatch, you get into the game playing screen, but everything is disabled, so you can't do anything.
This is not entirely true; clicking doesn't do anything, but you can still chat.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:28 pm »

Bug report: When you get automatched in the middle of a "Create Game", and accept the automatch, you get into the game playing screen, but everything is disabled, so you can't do anything.
This is not entirely true; clicking doesn't do anything, but you can still chat.

I tried and could not.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2013, 09:08:04 pm »
+2

I got this bug again. It happened this time right after I was succesfully automatched. When the game finished (and Goko gave me another +0 rating change), and I returned to the lobby, I had exactly the same symptoms as before. (I tested one more thing: going back to main menu and then to multiplayer again didn't get me out of the "buggy" state). I had just 1 tab open with Goko. If there is something I should do/test/note when I get it again, please let me know

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »
+3

I got this bug again. It happened this time right after I was succesfully automatched. When the game finished (and Goko gave me another +0 rating change), and I returned to the lobby, I had exactly the same symptoms as before. (I tested one more thing: going back to main menu and then to multiplayer again didn't get me out of the "buggy" state). I had just 1 tab open with Goko. If there is something I should do/test/note when I get it again, please let me know

No, though I appreciate your very polite way of bringing it to my attention again. ;)

That was actually a really clear and helpful bug report. I'm almost certain that I know what's going on and how to fix it. There's one other thing you could do to make me certain my diagnosis and fix is correct, but it's a bit technical. See the github issue and don't bother unless it's immediately clear what I'm asking for.

I don't think this issue could be related to Goko's +0 rating change bug, though it would be great to find a way to reproduce that bug with client-side behavior. Did it happen both times?

My apologies. Can you clarify what you mean by "in the middle of a "Create Game"" and "the game playing screen"? I'm guessing you mean that you or your opponent has already clicked "Start Game" and the lobby has been replaced by the black screen or the progress bar?

@soulnet: I'm guessing you missed this response. Can you give me more detail about when this bug happens and what you see? Has it happened more than once?
@Awaclus: Your response suggests that this has happened to you too, yes?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:37:31 pm by ragingduckd »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #493 on: September 05, 2013, 05:08:27 am »

@Awaclus: Your response suggests that this has happened to you too, yes?
Yeah.

soulnet: How did you try chatting? You can't open the chat with mouse, but if you open it by hitting Enter, it worked for me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 05, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »
+1

I did not missed this, I was just away from a computer until just now. I click on "Create a Game", and whilst on the "Create a Game" dialog (where you choose Pro/Casual/Unrated, set the number of seats, etc.) the automatch pops up and says it found a game. I accept the game and after a while I'm taken to the game screen by the automatch, but the disabling of the background (which is not the background anymore) the "Create a Game" did does not go away. Basically, the "Create a Game" dialog disappears/closes but it does not enable the background back.

soulnet: How did you try chatting? You can't open the chat with mouse, but if you open it by hitting Enter, it worked for me.

I tried every key in my keyboard and nothing happened. If it happens again, I will try Enter again, maybe I missed it working in the middle of the "try everything and fail" fiasco.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 05, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »

I did not missed this, I was just away from a computer until just now. I click on "Create a Game", and whilst on the "Create a Game" dialog (where you choose Pro/Casual/Unrated, set the number of seats, etc.) the automatch pops up and says it found a game. I accept the game and after a while I'm taken to the game screen by the automatch, but the disabling of the background (which is not the background anymore) the "Create a Game" did does not go away. Basically, the "Create a Game" dialog disappears/closes but it does not enable the background back.

Got it. The problem is that automatch is putting the Goko UI into a state that it never expected to see: a game is starting even though the Create Game dialog is visible. Having never been tested and fixed to handle that particular state, the inherent madness of the Goko code is taking control.

I think I can fix this pretty easily. Automatch just needs to mimic closing the Create Game dialog before sending you to Outpost. I'm also making the automatch dialogs non-modal in case other similar UI interaction issues arise. If the dialog was non-modal you'd at least be able to close the Create Game dialog manually before accepting the automatch -- not ideal, but better than having to decline the match or crash the game.

I plan to do a release this weekend that includes a few new features and a lot of small fixes I've been coding. Anyone feel like doing some beta testing? :)

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2013, 08:06:23 am »
+1

I have two bug reports, first the minor:

I cannot reproduce this in any way. It seems to be working now.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2013, 10:47:26 am »

Is this the bug you're reporting? If so, it's already fixed. It'll be in the version I'll release this weekend.

Is this just a supplement to the first picture? What's your second bug report?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 06, 2013, 12:16:14 pm »

Is this the bug you're reporting? If so, it's already fixed. It'll be in the version I'll release this weekend.

Is this just a supplement to the first picture? What's your second bug report?

It looks like the bug is that he can type in the "seeks" area. I just tried and can do it too.

Edit: Or I'm completely wrong. I just assumed that PpFtw were nonsense characters. I can type in the seeks area though. Not sure if that's a problem.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:34:28 pm by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 06, 2013, 12:25:10 pm »
+1

Sorry for not being more clear.

The reported bug was that while I had my automatch activated, I did not appear in the Seekers list and my automatch said it was idle.

The other bug is that yesterday I got assigned two games: automatch had assigned me to SM.SM and I was waiting for confirmation. It took a really long time so I went to another tab to check f.ds (I had Goko open only in one tab, fwiw), when I got back that "waiting for opponent to confirm" window had disappeared. I then did some random clicking on that automatch status thing and possibly updated my game by untick-ticking the automatch option, and eventually I got automatched to Mic Qsenoch.

So far so good...

However, just after the game loaded, I got a message that SM.SM had accepted my game, and before I could click "Abort" the window was gone. Nothing happened for 20 seconds or so, and then suddenly I got the "You quit" end of game screen from Goko, and right after that the game with SM.SM began to load. Halfway through that game I again got that "You quit" screen out of nowhere, and I was brought back to Outpost where I found the entire interface unresponsive (chat messages from others showed up, but I could not do anything myself until I had logged in from a new tab).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:26:18 pm by SheCantSayNo »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 21 queries.