Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598704 times)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2013, 12:57:12 am »
+6

What if they're making this extension just for the respect... (forum respect)

Posting memes would be an easier way...

To be fair, that is where most of my respect came from before I did anything with the extension.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:11 am »
+1

Automatch seems to be a lot better now, first I played a game with Andrew (which was actually an interesting game, I ended up losing by one point...) almost right away, then another game almost right away.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2013, 01:23:54 am »
+1

And, looking in Outpost, it seems to work well now too.  Three automatched games?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2013, 01:28:43 am »
+5

There's probably a better solution. Maybe tracking repeat offenders and reducing their match rate or something. Right now the blacklist doesn't have any effect on automatch, but maybe it would be good if players could say they don't want to automatch with so-and-so.

Making the blacklist affect who you match with would be a very good thing to do.  Without it, the blacklist could be pointless.

Agreed. Anyone who you'd ordinarily want to blacklist should definitely be on your automatch blacklist. But the reverse might not necessarily be true. That is, you might want to only "automatch blacklist" someone who you'd be happy to play with, but who has a habit of turning on automatch and then wandering off.

I haven't quite decided how to implement it.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2013, 01:37:51 am »
+6

I had an auto-Automatch game where it wanted to pair me with someone that had 6 sets and make them the host while I own all sets.

Argh. I thought I'd already fixed that bug.

Ok, thanks. It's a server issue, so I should be able to fix it without re-releasing the extension.

Edit: Found it again. Persistent little bugger. Should be fixed for real now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:41:15 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2013, 02:17:17 am »
+4

Agreed. Anyone who you'd ordinarily want to blacklist should definitely be on your automatch blacklist. But the reverse might not necessarily be true. That is, you might want to only "automatch blacklist" someone who you'd be happy to play with, but who has a habit of turning on automatch and then wandering off.

I haven't quite decided how to implement it.

I'd like to be able to have a temporary blacklist, so if I say no to a game, that no sticks for some time. That could be like for an hour or two. For the wandering-off player that means you just have to say no once when you notice they don't answer. But also otherwise your preference to not play a particular game might be more or less temporary. Say, you just want a relaxing game before bedtime, and think that if you play against a particular player it will instead be a prestiguous death match with no relaxing qualities.

I would like the ordinary "no" to be this function. When you say no to a particular game that otherwise fits your automatch criteria, it's probably because you don't fancy playing that particular player right now, so avoid suggesting the same matchup again soon.

(This may sound like I'm cherrypicking a lot with automatch, but I don't. In fact I don't think I have said no except for people who didn't answer for a long time. But I did refuse sometimes on Isotropic's automatch, mostly when I had just played that player and I didn't like that for some reason. I didn't learn the names of those, and wouldn't have bothered with a permanent blacklist, but a temporary no-thanks would have suited me fine then.)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2013, 06:38:05 am »
+5

if you have 4000+ in your game title, then you won't be matched with anyone below 4000
Is there a way to introduce an upper bound in your game title (so that for example I'm not matched with anyone over 6000) or (which would be IMO the best solution) introduce a ranking interval centered at your current rank score so that for example everyone who is further than let's say 1200 from my current rank score is autokicked, no matter if ranked higher or lower than me?

it'll always ding whenever someone joins and doesn't get auto-kicked
Isotropic had also the text at the top of the tab change when you had a game waiting. Is it possible to add this? I often play at night with my girfriend already asleep in the same room, so usually my computer has sound turned off when I'm on Goko.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2013, 08:45:07 am »
+2

Hm.

This extension seems to be invading other pages for me (FF 23.0.1).  I have the grey rounded-rectangle highlights that are at the top of the log viewer, except I have them at the top of the forum... and Facebook... and the Weather Channel... um.

Yeah.
I have this as well, but didn't immediately make the connection to the extension.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:19 am »
+1

Hm.

This extension seems to be invading other pages for me (FF 23.0.1).  I have the grey rounded-rectangle highlights that are at the top of the log viewer, except I have them at the top of the forum... and Facebook... and the Weather Channel... um.

Yeah.
I have this as well, but didn't immediately make the connection to the extension.

Sorry about that, guys. It turns out that Firefox extensions inject CSS globally, not just into the page they're applied to! So basically the extension is trying to format the rest of the web like the log viewer. :D

I just wrote a quick fix, so we'll get v2.2.3 with that fix out soon. For now, just know that it's not doing any real harm. In particular, none of the JavaScript is running on any non-Goko sites. It's just changing the display format of some headers and tables.

For the curious, here's the entire section of offending CSS. There's some other stuff that's getting applied too, but it's all very Dominion-specific, so unless the other sites you visit use <vp-token> tags, you'll probably never notice. ;)

Code: [Select]
table {
  margin: 1px 1px;
}

td {
  padding: 1px 4px;
}

h1 {
  margin: 0px 0px;
  padding: 0px 5px;
  font-size:14px;
  background-color: lightgray;
  border: 2px solid gray;
  border-radius: 5px;
}

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2013, 11:31:31 am »
+3

I don't know, if you can do this, but it would be great, if you don't have do rewrite your blacklist after re-downloading the extension (Firefox).
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:03 am »

I don't know, if you can do this, but it would be great, if you don't have do rewrite your blacklist after re-downloading the extension (Firefox).

This is beyond my powers at present. Perhaps someone else around here knows more. We're using the html5 localStorage object and I don't understand it at all really.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:19 am »
+12

Maybe goko should just hire ragingduckd?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:39 am »
+27

As a developer... I'd quit.
As a project manager... I'd scrap the Dominion project and start over.
As a CEO... I'd try to sell the company.
As PR or customer support... I'd kill myself.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »
+5

As a project manager... I'd scrap the Dominion project and start over.
As a CEO... I'd try to sell the company.
As PR or customer support... I'd kill myself.

I'm sure you'd make a lovely cleaning lady!

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »
+4

Maybe you could do like, temp work?  Get paid a premium to make the interface not-terrible and then walk.  I don't think they'd go for it, but it's a thought.  I would not be playing on Goko without this extension, I'll tell you that much.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »
+6

Quote from: ragingduckd link=topic=8163.msg283985#msg283985

It seems like Goko already has you working for them... for free.  ;)

Get paid a premium to make the interface not-terrible and then walk. 

The interface is already not-terrible. You must have forgotten what it was like a year ago. That was pretty bad.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:48 pm »
+3

Quote from: ragingduckd link=topic=8163.msg283985#msg283985

It seems like Goko already has you working for them... for free.  ;)

Get paid a premium to make the interface not-terrible and then walk. 
The interface is already not-terrible. You must have forgotten what it was like a year ago. That was pretty bad.

I am exaggerating, but the built-in log is awful and several cards have weird interfaces that could use some work. (Navigator, for one)  That's not even to mention the Lobby system, lack of features they promised ages ago like Friend lists and tournaments, or missing and improved Adventures.  Bring in a guy who cares about the game.  Let him make tweaks.  That's what I'd do.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »
+3

There was an episode of something, I think Simpsons but maybe South Park, where one of the characters gets hired by a Silicon Valley startup, complete with the standard "zany atmosphere" of the stereotypical early 2000s startup.  There's a scene where pay is discussed; all pay is in the form of stock options... which are printed on rolls and hung on the wall like toilet paper.  The character is basically told to help themselves.

I imagine that's what the pay is like at Goko right now.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #443 on: August 22, 2013, 06:54:10 pm »
+6

There was an episode of something, I think Simpsons but maybe South Park, where one of the characters gets hired by a Silicon Valley startup, complete with the standard "zany atmosphere" of the stereotypical early 2000s startup.  There's a scene where pay is discussed; all pay is in the form of stock options... which are printed on rolls and hung on the wall like toilet paper.  The character is basically told to help themselves.

I imagine that's what the pay is like at Goko right now.
It's the Simpsons. And remember, Bart, it's not about how much worthless stock you have, it's about how much copper wire you can pull out of the walls before they tear the building down.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2013, 08:49:05 pm »
+4

if you have 4000+ in your game title, then you won't be matched with anyone below 4000
Is there a way to introduce an upper bound in your game title (so that for example I'm not matched with anyone over 6000) or (which would be IMO the best solution) introduce a ranking interval centered at your current rank score so that for example everyone who is further than let's say 1200 from my current rank score is autokicked, no matter if ranked higher or lower than me?

Maybe like "All cards #VPON 4000+ 6000-" would be a way to do it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:29:38 pm by michaeljb »

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »
+2

The link to the firefox download appears to be dead and I also can't find it by searching in add-on manager.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 26, 2013, 12:55:42 pm »

Got rejected from the Mozilla gallery again, here's a temporary link for v2.2.3, manual install required (ragingduck, could you add this link to the main description post and whatnot?)

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dominionextension/gokosalvager.xpi
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:09:14 pm by michaeljb »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #448 on: August 26, 2013, 01:04:04 pm »
+2

You're a moderator on this board, you can edit posts as you please :-)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

Got rejected from the Mozilla gallery again, here's a temporary link for v2.2.3, manual install required (ragingduck, could you add this link to the main description post and whatnot?

What causes the rejection?  Just somebody's whim?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.