Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598599 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Salvager Discussion
« Reply #400 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11:49 am »
+7

Actually, another useful feature, would be asking if you're sure you want to do something that seems weird (like pressing "end turn" when you have treasures in hand).  Iso did that, and it was fine.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2013, 02:13:53 am »
+2

Why did it stop showing my correct image in the lobby and giving my options? I can still see other people's images and I have the counter and tracker when I actually play the game (and my image is corrct, then.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 15, 2013, 02:16:26 am »
+6

Feature Request: Allow Salvager to Trash my Goko, providing +1 buy and Goko's value in coins for me to spend on something else.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21:21 am »
+4

If I play Goko Salvager and trash Goko from my hand, do I get its cost in Gokoins back?
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2013, 02:27:49 am »
+4

If I play Goko Salvager and trash Goko from my hand, do I get its cost in Gokoins back?

Looks like a question, not a feature request. ;)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2013, 02:29:03 am »
+2

Why did it stop showing my correct image in the lobby and giving my options? I can still see other people's images and I have the counter and tracker when I actually play the game (and my image is corrct, then.)

I do not know why this happened, but based on personal experience I can say that refreshing/reloading the page after you're logged in might fix it...
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2013, 02:44:39 am »

Yup, thanks!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2013, 02:49:34 am »
+3

I do not know why this happened, but based on personal experience I can say that refreshing/reloading the page after you're logged in might fix it...

This is true for a handful of features. The problem is that the extension is loading at the same time that Goko is building itself, so things get confused if/when the extension tries to use a Goko resource that isn't available yet (e.g. adding the Options link before there's an intro page to add it to).

Basically, if it doesn't work, try reloading. If it works after that, please post so here. It's easy for developers to overlook race conditions that only break things occasionally.

Edit: We fixed a whole class of these bugs in v2.2. It's hard to get rid of them entirely while working within Goko's framework, but they should be pretty rare now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:39:38 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 21, 2013, 01:49:29 pm »
+18

Salvager version 2.2.3 released. :)

New Features:
  • Auto Automatch*
  • Automatch saves your search criteria
  • Automatch makes lots of ding sounds
  • Ding sound on any successful join**
  • Additional automatch status info (connecting, idle, searching, etc) and smarter auto-reconnecting
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed SSL certificate chain; nobody should get a permanent "automatch disconnected" error anymore
  • Fixed race conditions that sometimes prevented the extension features from loading
  • Kingdom generator now appears when you click "generate random deck"
New Bugs:
  • In the Firefox version, some of the log viewer's CSS code is "leaking" out onto other sites. If you open Goko, then another site, your <h1> and <table> elements will look funny. A fix is on the way. No code is actually getting run on any sites, so it's not a security concern, just a visual annoyance.
Getting it:
  • Chrome: Should upgrade automatically whenever Chrome checks it. Reinstall manually for immediate gratification. download
  • Firefox: Needs to be manually installed. We had some Mozilla compliance issues. download
  • Safari: Needs to be manually installed. download

* Auto-Automatch is the option to send out an automatch request whenever you create a game table. It's a checkbox in the create game dialog.

It respects your game preferences -- that is, if you have 4000+ in your game title, then you won't be matched with anyone below 4000; if you had three seats at your table then you'll only be matched for a 3-person game. You'll also never get a game with fewer card sets than you would've had in the game you originally created.

** Previously you only got a ding sound when someone joined your game if you you had a threshold like 4500+ in your game title. Now it'll always ding whenever someone joins and doesn't get auto-kicked. Between this and the automatch ding, you can completely ignore the Goko tab once you create your game and/or automatch request.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:24:52 pm by michaeljb »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2013, 02:44:26 pm »
+3

Thx for the great extension once more.

Some issues:
  • Card-coloring in the log at the side doesn't work any more.
  • The explanation window that pops up when you click the blue (?) next to "Use Automatch" on the create game screen appears behind the create game screen, so you can't see it.
  • The popup menus from the extension don't have an X in the button to close them

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »
+3

• Card-coloring in the log at the side doesn't work any more.
  • The explanation window that pops up when you click the blue (?) next to "Use Automatch" on the create game screen appears behind the create game screen, so you can't see it.
  • The popup menus from the extension don't have an X in the button to close them

Many thanks. You're a far better beta tester than I am. :P

The explanation popup is fixed in v2.2.1 (releasing now).

The card-coloring may take a little longer to fix. It uses exactly the coding mechanism that got v2.1 kicked from the Firefox store, so we need to rewrite the feature rather than just fix a bug.

The missing "X" is one of the little annoyances of working in the extension framework. We're using a third-party CSS file that can't find its images because it expects them to be on the website itself. Maddening, but hopefully not an issue for the actual functionality.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:40 pm »
+2

If your auto-automatch-offer gets declined, your automatch status changes to idle. However, when you click on "automatch: idle", you get a popup saying "Automatch is looking for players whose search criteria match your table." This message still appears after leaving said game, and prevents you from using automatch until you host a new game.
From what I see, I was actually removed from the automatch pool.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2013, 07:45:37 pm »
+2

If your auto-automatch-offer gets declined, your automatch status changes to idle. However, when you click on "automatch: idle", you get a popup saying "Automatch is looking for players whose search criteria match your table." This message still appears after leaving said game, and prevents you from using automatch until you host a new game.
From what I see, I was actually removed from the automatch pool.

Fixed in 2.2.2

I'm still not sure about how quickly Firefox and Chrome will update these for you. The new versions are in the stores at the previous links though, so you can always download manually.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »
+1

It's not like any of these problems were critical and needed immediate fixing, so i guess I can wait for the automatic update. thanks anyway.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 21, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »
+1

What if they're making this extension just for the respect... (forum respect)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »
+11

What if they're making this extension just for the respect... (forum respect)

Posting memes would be an easier way...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2013, 11:13:54 pm »
+6

Hm.

This extension seems to be invading other pages for me (FF 23.0.1).  I have the grey rounded-rectangle highlights that are at the top of the log viewer, except I have them at the top of the forum... and Facebook... and the Weather Channel... um.

Yeah.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2013, 11:38:49 pm »
+4

Auto-automatch is brilliant. Very elegant solution to getting critical mass of automatch. Only annoyance so far is that if somebody sits in the automatch pool and doesn't accept matches, there's nothing I can do about it apart from cancel the match.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »
+1

Hm.

This extension seems to be invading other pages for me (FF 23.0.1).  I have the grey rounded-rectangle highlights that are at the top of the log viewer, except I have them at the top of the forum... and Facebook... and the Weather Channel... um.

Yeah.

I can't seem to reproduce it... or maybe I'm just not recognizing it. Could you post a screenshot and your JS console log?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:36 pm »
+1

Auto-automatch is brilliant. Very elegant solution to getting critical mass of automatch. Only annoyance so far is that if somebody sits in the automatch pool and doesn't accept matches, there's nothing I can do about it apart from cancel the match.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, that's definitely annoying.  The good news is that you can cancel whenever you want and they're out of the pool after that, at least until they submit another match request.

There's probably a better solution. Maybe tracking repeat offenders and reducing their match rate or something. Right now the blacklist doesn't have any effect on automatch, but maybe it would be good if players could say they don't want to automatch with so-and-so.

I dunno... did you have any specific fix in mind?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:20 pm »

Huh, didn't know they'd drop out of the pool after a cancel. That ought to do it. I guess my absent match must have reclicked the button after I cancelled.  ???

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:04 am »
+3

I had an auto-Automatch game where it wanted to pair me with someone that had 6 sets and make them the host while I own all sets.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2013, 12:22:45 am »
+3

Hm.

Yeah.

I can't seem to reproduce it... or maybe I'm just not recognizing it. Could you post a screenshot and your JS console log?

For FB and TWC, on the left is with the extension running, on the right is without.

Nothing interesting is showing in the JS console, but I can tell you that (1) this only happens after loading Goko's site, and (2) it's affecting anything in <h1> tags, and only those things.  I find it amusing that FB's main menu button is in an h1 tag, despite being just an icon...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2013, 12:30:30 am »
+5

For FB and TWC, on the left is with the extension running, on the right is without.

Nothing interesting is showing in the JS console, but I can tell you that (1) this only happens after loading Goko's site, and (2) it's affecting anything in <h1> tags, and only those things.  I find it amusing that FB's main menu button is in an h1 tag, despite being just an icon...

Got it. Thanks, I'll track it down. .

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:33 am »
+3

There's probably a better solution. Maybe tracking repeat offenders and reducing their match rate or something. Right now the blacklist doesn't have any effect on automatch, but maybe it would be good if players could say they don't want to automatch with so-and-so.

Making the blacklist affect who you match with would be a very good thing to do.  Without it, the blacklist could be pointless.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.