Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598584 times)

Cloud

• Pawn
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
+4

Salvager 2.0/2.1 (Firefox): Victory point tracker in adventures doesn't work anymore.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2013, 10:37:04 am »
+8

Question about Automatch.  When I specify the sets to play with, does that mean it's looking for users with those sets bought?  I own all the cards, so I'd prefer the randomizer to just choose from mine.

Automatch doesn't care which player owns the cards as long as someone owns them. It'll choose that player to be the host.

Most people prefer more cards to less, so these are the typical situations:

Example 1:
Alice owns all cards, seeks an all-cards game
Chad owns all cards, seeks an all-cards game
--> Alice and Chad match, host is chosen randomly, game is all-cards

Example 2:
Alice owns all cards, seeks an all-cards game
Bob owns no cards, seeks an all-cards game
--> Alice and Bob match, Alice hosts, game is all-cards

If you're actually looking for a game with fewer cards than you own, then things get trickier. Goko always uses all of the host's cards, so the only way to make that happen is to match you with a player who owns fewer cards and have that player host.

Example 3:
Alice owns all cards, seeks a Base-only game
Bob owns no cards, seeks a game without restrictions
--> Alice and Bob match, Bob hosts, game is Base-only

Example 4:
Alice owns all cards, seeks a Base-only game
Chad owns all cards, seeks a game without restrictions
--> No match

The fourth example is the one that makes me want to throw things at the Goko devs. Alice is effectively being punished for having bought the cards. Anyway, Automatch recognizes the limitation and won't create the match because Alice wouldn't get the Base-only game that she asked for.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:06:31 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2013, 11:23:22 am »
+7

Just got my first successul automatch. AWESOME! Thanks a lot.

Some ideas to make it even more amazing:
1) Option to search for a match with vp counter on/off/don't care
2) Notification sound when a match is found

And an idea the game name gave me:
Possibility to host a game that only one specific person can join (others will be autokicked), by including "FOR player" or something similar in the name.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2013, 12:08:11 pm »
+7

Also, could the automatch parameters be saved from one session to the next?

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2013, 01:15:01 pm »
+1

My automatch eternally says "Lost Automatch Connection"

:'(  :'(  :'(

Firefox, updated to 2.1 earlier.

gunslinger

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
+1

Also, could the automatch parameters be saved from one session to the next?

The kingdom generator parameters being saved would be sweet. As someone who owns all the cards online but not irl, the kingdom generator is the only way I can learn the cards slowly.

Also, the VP tracking in Adventure mode only seems to work if you type in #vpon.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2013, 07:18:47 am »
+2

Hmm. That means you're not getting connected to my server, or possibly that you got disconnected. Automatch will try reconnecting several times, but eventually it just gives up on the assumption that my server is down. I should probably add a way to manually force it to try again, but I've tried to avoid cluttering up Goko's beautiful lobby GUI too much. ;)

Please try the following:
1. Make sure the old greasemonkey Automatch script is removed or disabled. Ditto for other versions of the log extension.
2. Reload the page.
3. Click "inspect element", then the "Web Console" tab, then click to disable the NET and CSS output, and then copy everything there and post it here.

Step 3 will give me the output of the JavaScript that's being run (all of Goko's stuff, plus the extension's). It may have information I can use to diagnose the problem.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:33 am »

Just got my first successul automatch. AWESOME! Thanks a lot.

Some ideas to make it even more amazing:
1) Option to search for a match with vp counter on/off/don't care
2) Notification sound when a match is found

And an idea the game name gave me:
Possibility to host a game that only one specific person can join (others will be autokicked), by including "FOR player" or something similar in the name.

I had auto match success today, as well.  Thanks Geronimoo, for hosting multiple times.  We must have been the only two using it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2013, 08:25:49 am »

gg [VM] gameClient.html (143):870
destroying  fan: hand DominionUI.js:6862
destroying flat: reveal DominionUI.js:6871
destroying deck: deck DominionUI.js:6866
destroying deck: discard DominionUI.js:6866
destroyed PlayerController DominionUI.js:13284
exception :SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input [VM] gameClient.html (143):928

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2013, 08:59:25 am »
+2

gg [VM] gameClient.html (143):870
destroyed PlayerController DominionUI.js:13284

Need... more... data... ;)

When did this happen, which browser are you using, and what were the symptoms? The full log is sometimes helpful too, excessive though it may be

This log chunk would probably be enough to locate an error in a real programming language. But since we're inserting our JS code into the existing Goko page, it's actually pretty tough to make sense out of the line numbers and figure out what source code generated the error.

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #385 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:24 am »
+2

Hmm. That means you're not getting connected to my server, or possibly that you got disconnected. Automatch will try reconnecting several times, but eventually it just gives up on the assumption that my server is down. I should probably add a way to manually force it to try again, but I've tried to avoid cluttering up Goko's beautiful lobby GUI too much. ;)

Please try the following:
1. Make sure the old greasemonkey Automatch script is removed or disabled. Ditto for other versions of the log extension.
2. Reload the page.
3. Click "inspect element", then the "Web Console" tab, then click to disable the NET and CSS output, and then copy everything there and post it here.

Step 3 will give me the output of the JavaScript that's being run (all of Goko's stuff, plus the extension's). It may have information I can use to diagnose the problem.

1 already done
2 I've even closed the browser and reopened
3 here you go...

[08:58:07.817] gatherUrlCookieParams found the following URL params: [""]
[08:58:07.818] ConnectionMaker found the following cookie params: ({0:"", id:"funsocketsplayercookie", cookieid:null, httpUrl:"https://prod-webapps.goko.com/WebApps/bus/", connectionInfo:{httpUrl:"https://prod-webapps.goko.com/WebApps/bus/", gatewayUrl:"ws://prod-wsg02.goko.com:80", sessionId:"5204e755e4b027d9487762e6", kind:"player", playerName:"p4ddy0d00rs", playerId:"506eda0d0cf204dd6b15928a", playerPoolId:"4f4120146071b0e4dada0f66", expires:1378645067701, gatewayURLHTTP:"//prod-comet.goko.com/comet/", hmacSecret:"73A0E78DA9E8C918CAF7F5418B6E4B96"}, last_agent:"local", vers:"1.3", playerPoolId:"4f4120146071b0e4dada0f66"})
[08:58:07.818] ConnectionMaker merged the following cookie params: [""]
[08:58:07.823] FS.MessageWebSocketConnection.prototype.connect: currently trying - ws://prod-wsg02.goko.com:80
[08:58:08.125] FSSDK: webSocket: onopen: top: url:ws://prod-wsg02.goko.com:80
[08:58:08.240] Setting up GA connection heartbeat every: 60000 milliseconds
[08:58:08.392] initMeetingRoom
[08:58:08.478] This element isn't a canvas - TypeError: this.elem.getContext is not a function
[08:58:08.478] This is a HTML Element
[08:58:08.479] Dimension: W0px H0px @L692.5px T0px
[08:58:08.502] Successfully subscribed to player notifications
[08:58:08.671] Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. @ http://play.goko.com/FSSDK/3plibs/jquery-1.7.1.js:2628
[08:58:08.671] Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. @ http://play.goko.com/FSSDK/3plibs/jquery-1.7.1.js:2630
[08:58:11.199] Personal
[08:58:11.204] Avatar Inventory
--
[08:58:16.383] Create achievements response:  ({message:"Status", source:"Object", tag:"-FSMsgWSTag22", sqA:22, data:{responseMessage:"CreatePlayerAchievements", achievementIds:[], code:0}, sqN:22, version:1, destination:"user:4f4120146071b0e4dada0f66.506eda0d0cf204dd6b15928a.5204e75de4b0faf2985c78a4"})
[08:58:20.593] Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at wss://andrewiannaccone.com/automatch?pname=p4ddy0d00rs. @ http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html:212
--
[08:58:26.973] Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at wss://andrewiannaccone.com/automatch?pname=p4ddy0d00rs. @ http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html:212

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:46 am »
+3

@p4ddy0d00rs / syntax-man:

It looks like you're never getting connected at all. Either my server is refusing your websocket connection or your browser is rejecting my server. And you're successfully creating a websocket connection to Goko, so that rules out a lot of possible issues.

Maybe your browser/network has some sort of issue with secure websockets? Seems unlikely, but try testing both secure and insecure here: http://www.websocket.org/echo.html. It also might be a problem with my SSL certificate, but lots of other people are connecting successfully from Firefox, so I'm puzzled there too. I'll try setting up an insecure websocket server this evening, just in case.

What Firefox are you using and do you have any security-related add-ons or security settings you've manually changed in your firefox "about:config"? Finally check your Firefox Preferences/Advanced/Encryption and also the View Certificates dialog within that. You should be looking at something like the attached image. Specifically, the checkboxes should be the same and there should be a COMODO CA Limited certificate for the andrewiannaccone.com server.

Have you tried from any other computer/network/browser?

Sorry for so many tests and questions. I'm pretty much in the dark here.

Edit: Oh, and also check if you can see anything here: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/automatch_testserver.html. I'm guessing you'll see all the text areas as empty.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:43:35 am by ragingduckd »

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:42 am »

@p4ddy0d00rs / syntax-man:

It looks like you're never getting connected at all. Either my server is refusing your websocket connection or your browser is rejecting my server. And you're successfully creating a websocket connection to Goko, so that rules out a lot of possible issues.

Maybe your browser/network has some sort of issue with secure websockets? Seems unlikely, but try testing both secure and insecure here: http://www.websocket.org/echo.html. It also might be a problem with my SSL certificate, but lots of other people are connecting successfully from Firefox, so I'm puzzled there too. I'll try setting up an insecure websocket server this evening, just in case.

see "socket.jpg" below

What Firefox are you using and do you have any security-related add-ons or security settings you've manually changed in your firefox "about:config"?

see "changes to ff.jpg" below
Also, no manual changes to firefox's about:config.

Finally check your Firefox Preferences/Advanced/Encryption and also the View Certificates dialog within that. You should be looking at something like the attached image. Specifically, the checkboxes should be the same and there should be a COMODO CA Limited certificate for the andrewiannaccone.com server.

see "certificate.jpg" below

Yes other computer.  No other network.  No other browser.

Sorry for so many tests and questions. I'm pretty much in the dark here.

Yes yes because the man trying to help me should be sorry for trying to help me?  Pfft.  Thanks for taking the time and effort, man!  ;D ;D ;D

Edit: Oh, and also check if you can see anything here: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/automatch_testserver.html. I'm guessing you'll see all the text areas as empty.

Correct.  All empty.  In fact, just a tad bit more empty than my bank account.  Not by much though. :-\

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 09, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »

Definitely start by trying it with NoScript turned off. That's just crazy, man.

see "socket.jpg" below

Repeat but with clicking Use secure WebSocket (TLS). The Location should start with "wss:" before you press "Connect." No screenshot needed unless it breaks.

Yes other computer.  No other network.  No other browser.

Try it on Chrome. You shouldn't have to switch browsers permanently, but this will help us diagnose.

Correct.  All empty.  In fact, just a tad bit more empty than my bank account.  Not by much though. :-\

Your bank account is full of html widgets?

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 09, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

Is there any way to specify what's present in the Black Market when using the Kingdom Generator?

If not, can that feature be added? It would be critical for solo challenges and puzzles ;)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28:10 pm »
+1

Haven't looked at the Black Market stuff at all yet, but I bet there's a way.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:30 pm »

When did this happen, which browser are you using, and what were the symptoms? The full log is sometimes helpful too, excessive though it may be

This log chunk would probably be enough to locate an error in a real programming language. But since we're inserting our JS code into the existing Goko page, it's actually pretty tough to make sense out of the line numbers and figure out what source code generated the error.
Chrome 28.0.1500.71 (Official Build 209842). It works ok, just this error log is in console. I don't know a game, don't have log. I have seen that few hours later. I will try to find out more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:02:25 pm by yed »

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 10, 2013, 10:29:24 am »
+2

Rakefile:
task :default => ['build:firefox', 'chrome:build', 'build:safari']
Is there some reason for different order of words separated by ":"?

EDIT: Sorry for confusion, still valid.
Probably error from here:
https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Salvager/commit/650c246eb4d4e2526817dcd3e609b544c0862c5a#L0L55
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:33:47 am by yed »

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2013, 11:22:36 am »
+2

I will try to find out more tomorrow.
I've fixed it here: https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Salvager/pull/25

How should whitespace be used? Tabs or spaces?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »

Rakefile:

https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Salvager/commit/650c246eb4d4e2526817dcd3e609b544c0862c5a#L0L55

I originally used "dev" and "build" as namespaces, but then decided to change it to browser names as namespaces...the real mistake was probably pushing before that was actually done all the way. At the same time, I'm also changing the tasks to use rake's file dependencies correctly.

For whitespace, indent with 4 spaces. Andrew's been checking his automatch scripts with JSLint, and the plan is to eventually break the big log viewer script down into separate scripts, and at that time fix its indentation and stuff. So for now, indentation/whatever isn't very important in the log viewer.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »
+2

Rakefile:

I originally used "dev" and "build" as namespaces, but then decided to change it to browser names as namespaces...the real mistake was probably pushing before that was actually done all the way. At the same time, I'm also changing the tasks to use rake's file dependencies correctly.

For whitespace, indent with 4 spaces. Andrew's been checking his automatch scripts with JSLint, and the plan is to eventually break the big log viewer script down into separate scripts, and at that time fix its indentation and stuff. So for now, indentation/whatever isn't very important in the log viewer.

I'm working on the log viewer breakup right now. It's a big refactor and it'll be quite a nuisance to merge any concurrent changes, so please hold off on any non-trivial modifications to that script for now if you can.

Incidentally, can anyone explain the set_parser.js script? It's machine-generated and I can't decipher what it's doing. Edit: Aha! This is what it's doing. I had never even looked.

Edit: Finished the breakup refactor and merged it into my github fork. There are conflicting changes and I'm still to new to git to handle the merge.

I'm quite certain that my changes break the chrome build. They may break the safari build too. But the firefox build works and I want to get the logviewer refactor out asap, rather than wait until I figure out how to fix the rake files.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:43:48 am by ragingduckd »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2013, 05:16:45 am »
+3

My user settings get reset to default between sessions. Specifically: the "always turn VP on" thing gets unchecked, the "always stack cards" thing gets unchecked, and the blacklist gets emptied.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »

My user settings get reset to default between sessions. Specifically: the "always turn VP on" thing gets unchecked, the "always stack cards" thing gets unchecked, and the blacklist gets emptied.

There's a way to always turn vpon. I did not even realize that.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2013, 12:43:24 am »

I'll take a look at this if I have time tomorrow, I think I know what caused this. (storing info in the window.GokoSalvager object instead of localStorage; localStorage persists if you close your browser. Haven't looked closely enough to be sure though)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Salvager Discussion
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2013, 11:51:25 pm »
+5

Feature request:  Text Mode.

I think this is a really big job. Goko doesn't reveal much of the actual game logic on the client side, so this would require implementing the rules of all the cards, or at least enough of it for it to offer you the right options. And then you'd have to make that UI interact with the existing Goko widgets in the way that Goko expects, including doing messy stuff like dragging cards revealed by Cartographer.

On further investigation, I think I overstated this difficulty. You wouldn't really need to mimic dragging cards around, only to spoof the message that dragging cards eventually sends.

I'm still up to the task of a full text-only interface, but it might not be hard to add some of the conspicuously missing buttons and options. It would be nice to have a button to "Discard one Alchemist" or an option to "For the love of God, stop asking me what order to put two identical cards back on my deck in!"

Edit: Ack! "NOT!" I'm still not up to the task of a full text-only interface. :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:34:05 am by ragingduckd »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.