Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598643 times)

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #325 on: August 05, 2013, 08:56:44 am »
+3

Automatch is currently not working, not sure why, probably server issue.

michaeljb, ragingduckd: I've just send pull request, which fixes missing reconnect automatch URL.
https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Salvager/pull/22
Is this all right?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 05, 2013, 09:13:29 am »
+3

The user settings button has also disappeared for us chrome users.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:40 am »
+9

FYI, the Automatch button works in Chrome, but the "Submit" button within that does not.  Everything else is clickable.  Am I doing it wrong?

It's not you. It's me. I switched to secure websocket protocol, which is necessary when you log onto the default https goko site, but I screwed up my server SSL certificate. I'm working on it, but it turns out to be a lot more nuisance than I'd thought.

michaeljb, ragingduckd: I've just send pull request, which fixes missing reconnect automatch URL.
Is this all right?

Yes, good catch. Thanks.

This is a separate issue. Ihad to change the original log viewer JS file to make it work with the Firefox Add-on SDK, and I may have broken the Chrome build in the process. I'll look into it unless michaeljb tracks it down first.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 05, 2013, 09:26:07 am »
+10

Introducing Goko Salvager 2.0

If I play Goko Salvager and trash Goko from my hand, do I get its cost in Gokoins back?

Edit: anyone who decides to upvote my joke post had better go upvote michaeljb's post as well, or even instead!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:27:33 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 05, 2013, 09:45:16 am »
+4

Introducing Goko Salvager 2.0

If I play Goko Salvager and trash Goko from my hand, do I get its cost in Gokoins back?

Edit: anyone who decides to upvote my joke post had better go upvote michaeljb's post as well, or even instead!!

Also one of ragingduckd's, he came up with the name.

It is showing up for me, so that sucks... What if you refresh after you're logged in?

Automatch is currently not working, not sure why, probably server issue.

Is this all right?

It's pulled, but I definitely don't have time to do a release right now.

For the more tech-savvy who just can't wait...

To build the latest code yourself, clone the repository, and run "rake build:$browser" where $browser is 'chrome' or 'firefox' or 'safari'. This will create a build/ directory and drop the appropriate package there. I think for Chrome you might have to use the unpacked extension method instead of clicking-and-dragging the zip file...for Firefox, I think you need to be running something with the add-on SDK before you do the rake task, and for Safari you need to follow the instructions here for doing the certificate setup (my project assumes you'll have your certificates stored in ~/.safari-certs).

Also I need to update the README, like a lot :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:16:08 am by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2013, 10:04:37 am »
+2

It is showing up for me, so that sucks... What if you refresh after you're logged in?

shark_bait, please use "Inspect Element" and copy the console output here. I'm thinking it may be a race condition where the Goko objects we're relying on aren't getting instantiated in time (and we're not explicitly checking for them). That could explain why it's happening on your machine but not michaeljb's.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
+1

shark_bait, please use "Inspect Element" and copy the console output here. I'm thinking it may be a race condition where the Goko objects we're relying on aren't getting instantiated in time (and we're not explicitly checking for them). That could explain why it's happening on your machine but not michaeljb's.

I logged back on and it's back, so everything seems to be fine.  You guys are awesome with how awesome you're making Goko, just wanted to let you know that.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Nitsuj

• Chancellor
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2013, 12:10:56 pm »

I have a couple questions about the chrome extension:

I just installed it today, and I couldn't get the #vp? to work even though my opponent had it #vpon enabled.  There was no where I could see what the current score was.  Where would I see the score with the extension enabled?

Followup - the next game I played, I could see my score. 

Is it possible to hack the extension so your opponent cannot see score?  My opponent says he was playing on an iPad, could that be it?

Additional Followup - the 3rd game I played had the same problem - #vp? returns nothing and the victory point tracker does not show in the upper right corner.  I think it happens when I am the one enabling victory points, but I'm joining the tables. 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:39:32 pm by Nitsuj »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »
+1

Is it possible to hack the extension so your opponent cannot see score?

Yes, but only if your opponent doesn't have the extension himself (and in that case you might as well just use an older version, where the "#vp?" thing wasn't yet implemented). If you're running the extension yourself, it can compute the score for you regardless of what code your opponent is running on his computer.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »

Is it possible to hack the extension so your opponent cannot see score?  My opponent says he was playing on an iPad, could that be it?

If your opponent was on an iPad, how could he tell you anything? Last I checked, chat doesn't work on the iPad.

Nitsuj

• Chancellor
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »

If your opponent was on an iPad, how could he tell you anything? Last I checked, chat doesn't work on the iPad.

He told me in the lobby chat after the game

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2013, 01:19:17 pm »

He told me in the lobby chat after the game

Gotcha. That's a shame. I was hoping they fixed that bug. Not that I've played on iPad since the user extension was released.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Salvager Discussion
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2013, 01:02:26 am »
+8

Feature requests:

Is it possible to sort cards in your hand like iso did, so actions and then treasures and then victory cards. The goko ordering seems to have cards just pop up somewhere randomly in your hand, which is a little irritating.

Is there a way to have it display people's deck, discard and mats by default without covering the actions, buys, and coins counters. This would be preferable to seeing their avatars.

Thanks!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2013, 02:02:29 am »
+3

Feature request: a way to sneak into rooms that are "full".

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2013, 02:14:41 am »
+2

Feature request:  Text Mode.

Edit: I wasn't joking, insofar as I think maybe you could replace the cartoony interface with the log itself with card purchase buttons?  Like, just lay the log screen on top of the cartoon?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:19:05 am by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2013, 02:15:56 am »
+2

Feature request: Fix automatch ;)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2013, 02:51:13 am »
+7

Feature request: a way to sneak into rooms that are "full".

While it isn't possible to do exactly this, there are three reasonable alternatives. In decreasing order of gokosuck(c), they are:

3. The enterRoom function can be altered to keep hammering away at a full room. You won't get in right away, but you'll be the first person they let in when the total falls below 50.
2. Programmatically request entry to all rooms while they're not full. Save the entry "token" that Goko gives you, but don't actually enter the room. Use the token later to enter when the room is full. To the user, it would look like being able to "sneak in" except that there would be a delay after signing on or ending a game before you'd get a token for each room.
1. Lobby unification. It turns out to be possible to trick the server into letting you join multiple lobbies without opening multiple tabs. It's a little harder to actually display all the tables simultaneously as though they were all from a single lobby, but I think it's doable.

Feature request:  Text Mode.

I think this is a really big job. Goko doesn't reveal much of the actual game logic on the client side, so this would require implementing the rules of all the cards, or at least enough of it for it to offer you the right options. And then you'd have to make that UI interact with the existing Goko widgets in the way that Goko expects, including doing messy stuff like dragging cards revealed by Cartographer.

I'd be happy to help anyone who's interested get started, but it's not on my agenda.

Feature request: Fix automatch ;)

You say that as though it actually worked before. :P I need to figure out this secure websocket SSL nonsense and then we'll bring it back in the next update. I actually think lobby unification is more important though, since there are so many Goko users who aren't using the extension.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:53:33 am by ragingduckd »

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:18 am »
+9

I don't want to bikeshed too much, just avoid potential future drama.  Maybe Goko Expand is a nicer name for the extension?  You don't really want to make enemies out of Goko..

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:02 am »
+7

Maybe Goko Expand is a nicer name for the extension?  You don't really want to make enemies out of Goko..

Strongly agree. Also, the game isn't called "Goko", it's called "Dominion Online". Calling it "Goko X" implies that it works with Goko in general, including all future Goko games.

How about "Dominion Online Upgrade" or something?

EDIT: Your tagline is "Making Goko almost tolerable"!? Are you TRYING to get shut down?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:10:15 am by LastFootnote »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »
+9

It is a great name and tagline. Crappy things should be called crap as often and in as many ways as possible until they no longer suck. Without regard for backlash from the people making the thing.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2013, 12:24:51 pm »
+4

It is a great name and tagline. Crappy things should be called crap as often and in as many ways as possible until they no longer suck. Without regard for backlash from the people making the thing.

Hmm, I can't agree with that. There are many ways to tell Goko they need to improve which don't involve risking the loss of this fantastic extension. I think you need to learn to pick your battles, or at least your battlefields.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:19 pm »
+5

Hmm, I can't agree with that. There are many ways to tell Goko they need to improve which don't involve risking the loss of this fantastic extension. I think you need to learn to pick your battles, or at least your battlefields.

lol, no way they are going to shut this down based on a tagline, that would be as retarded as a friend punching me in the face after I call him an idiot. And even if they did try it, 1) they would be very unlikely to succeed, given their track record, 2) it would be absolutely frigging hilarious.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2013, 01:11:51 pm »
+3

I don't think they could shut it down if they wanted to.  It's a browser extension; they can't stop you from installing it.  If I'm not mistaken, they likely can't even detect that you're running it.

Now, sure, they could try completely rewriting their code so the extension didn't work at all, but (1) that probably means a relatively simple rewrite of the extension and (2) Haha no way in hell do they have it together enough to rewrite the code to break the extension while not breaking the game entirely.

And that's all without even discussion of alienating the player base entirely.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2013, 01:32:04 pm »
+5

If Goko put resources into an arms race with extension developers, I'm sure they'd win, as they have full-time programmers. It's hard to make the extension impossible, but there are plenty of easy things that can make it difficult, such as running the javascript through an obfuscator.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »
+5

If Goko put resources into an arms race with extension developers, I'm sure they'd lose, since they don't seem to have any idea about programming.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.