Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598638 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »
+4

They have learned nothing. I recently discovered that even verification of the sets you own happens client-side.
So this is that other way how to to get Promos without Adventures ;)
Seriously, as tedious as reverse engineering the Goko code can be, it's less tedious than playing through all the adventures. I'm tempted. (Just a bit.)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #301 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »
+3

They have learned nothing. I recently discovered that even verification of the sets you own happens client-side.
Seriously, as tedious as reverse engineering the Goko code can be, it's less tedious than playing through all the adventures. I'm tempted. (Just a bit.)

While you're at it, can you reverse engineer their rating system so we can write it down in an equation?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 23, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »
+1

Feature request: replace base card art with the art from Base Cards. (Seems a little silly that Goko hasn't yet done this themselves. There is a getsatisfaction thread on the topic but it's been 7 months since it got a response.)

Hmm, this brings up the question of what would happen if the extension implemented features that Goko is charging money for?
As far as base card art goes, it's a hypothetical question only at this point, as the only info from Goko is that 7 months ago a community rep said that maybe someday they might charge for it.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:57 pm »

Which implies the question, if Goko isn't doing the coding any longer, and they aren't creating new games... why do they exist?

Thank you for not saying "begs."
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »
+6

Which implies the question, if Goko isn't doing the coding any longer, and they aren't creating new games... why do they exist?

Poof! Goko just disappeared.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2013, 07:23:33 pm »
+8

in a puff of logic

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
+1

While you're at it, can you reverse engineer their rating system so we can write it down in an equation?

But it's too complicated to just plop into a formula!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2013, 03:53:51 pm »

It stopped working!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »
+1

in a puff of logic

Watno made a joke
florrat dumbed it down
Watno got +1 respect
florrat got +4

Seriously folks... what sort of message are we sending to our kids? All is well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:44:47 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2013, 04:26:54 pm »
+1

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »
+3

in a puff of logic

Watno made a joke
florrat dumbed it down
Watno got +1 respect
florrat got +4

Seriously folks... what sort of message are we sending to our kids?

I think florrat got the respect for making a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide. It doesn't seem like watno was making that reference, just a more general logic joke. And people love their hitchhiker's here.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »
+1

in a puff of logic

Watno made a joke
florrat dumbed it down
Watno got +1 respect
florrat got +4

Seriously folks... what sort of message are we sending to our kids?

I think florrat got the respect for making a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide. It doesn't seem like watno was making that reference, just a more general logic joke. And people love their hitchhiker's here.

Hmm... good point. I redirect my criticism to Watno for either failing to make the HG reference or for failing to word it properly.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2013, 08:52:32 am »
+9

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:19 am »
+8

Version 1.15.6
- Option to turn off point tracker entirely (so the extension on your end acts as if you don't have a point tracker)
- Options to always send "#vpon" or "#vpoff" messages in the chat (these messages won't send if #vpon/off is in the game title)
- The obnoxious messages at the beginning of the game about the point tracker and about the extension in general have been made slightly less obnoxious by being combined into just 1 message when possible. Note that if you have the point tracker disabled, the messages about typing in #vpon/#vpoff will not appear

All the other commits since the last release is mainly README and Rakefile stuff, which is still far from where I want them to be, but fortunately nothing any of you fine folks need to worry abou.

I've been busier* than normal lately, so I haven't done in terms of automatch, but I might have more time the next few days.

As usual, links are in my signature, and the Chrome store might take a bit of time to update.

*a small but not wholly insignificant amount of this busy-ness may be related to me occasionally playing Dominion instead of programming for it :)
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2013, 12:46:54 am »
+1

Version 1.15.6
- Option to turn off point tracker entirely (so the extension on your end acts as if you don't have a point tracker)
- Options to always send "#vpon" or "#vpoff" messages in the chat (these messages won't send if #vpon/off is in the game title)
- The obnoxious messages at the beginning of the game about the point tracker and about the extension in general have been made slightly less obnoxious by being combined into just 1 message when possible. Note that if you have the point tracker disabled, the messages about typing in #vpon/#vpoff will not appear

All the other commits since the last release is mainly README and Rakefile stuff, which is still far from where I want them to be, but fortunately nothing any of you fine folks need to worry abou.

I've been busier* than normal lately, so I haven't done in terms of automatch, but I might have more time the next few days.

As usual, links are in my signature, and the Chrome store might take a bit of time to update.

*a small but not wholly insignificant amount of this busy-ness may be related to me occasionally playing Dominion instead of programming for it :)

Here's my money.  Now make automatch.

(Take your time, just know I'm looking forward to it)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 31, 2013, 12:49:47 am »
+2

Here's my money.

Wait, there's a place where we can send money to these guys?  How did I miss this?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2013, 12:52:51 am »
+1

Here's my money.

Wait, there's a place where we can send money to these guys?  How did I miss this?

Here it is, [gives a link to a site that gives me money instead of them].
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 31, 2013, 10:01:36 am »

Here's my money.

If you are serious about this, PayPal accounts/transfers can be set up. Dougz refused this for some time then finally caved to the throngs of people bugging to send him cash as a thank you for Iso.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:40 am »
+1

Feature Request: I don't really know how feasible this is, but it seems like goko has no intention of fixing its atrocious lobby system. Would it be possible to display all the current open games in all lobbies and then allow you to click on the game to move to the lobby and join the game? If this is feasible, then extra options that would be nice are the ability to filter by # of players, rating, available sets, etc. Really this is just how the goko lobby system should work.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 02, 2013, 01:33:25 am »
+5

Feature Request: I don't really know how feasible this is, but it seems like goko has no intention of fixing its atrocious lobby system. Would it be possible to display all the current open games in all lobbies and then allow you to click on the game to move to the lobby and join the game? If this is feasible, then extra options that would be nice are the ability to filter by # of players, rating, available sets, etc. Really this is just how the goko lobby system should work.

Definitely a valuable idea.

It's harder than it should be because of how the Goko architecture is designed. You can't explicitly query rooms and you only get table/player updates for the rooms you've joined. Further, a single connection can't join more than one room, even though many of the data structures and methods are clearly meant to handle multiple rooms. I'm not sure what went wrong during the Goko development process, but there's not much that would surprise me at this point.

So far the best workaround I've found is creating additional connections on login, much like logging in with additional tabs, and sending each of these connections to watch a different room. This still leaves the problem of actually displaying the games in other rooms and/or automatically joining games that match your preferences. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »
+4

I'm not sure what went wrong during the Goko development process...

...it involved Goko personnel.  That's the main thing that went wrong, I think.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »
+3

Definitely a valuable idea.

It's harder than it should be because of how the Goko architecture is designed. You can't explicitly query rooms and you only get table/player updates for the rooms you've joined. Further, a single connection can't join more than one room, even though many of the data structures and methods are clearly meant to handle multiple rooms. I'm not sure what went wrong during the Goko development process, but there's not much that would surprise me at this point.

So far the best workaround I've found is creating additional connections on login, much like logging in with additional tabs, and sending each of these connections to watch a different room. This still leaves the problem of actually displaying the games in other rooms and/or automatically joining games that match your preferences. It's not easy, but it's doable.

I look forward to any solution you come up with. Thank you (and nutki, and michaeljb) for all of your work on this. You guys should really be getting money from goko because you've turned their product into something that's actually playable.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

gunslinger

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »

It seems like the VP counter in Adventure mode has stopped working for me. Anyone else notice this? Or is it something the devs wanted to change? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension and it's still not working. Everything in multiplayer is just fine though.

I've just started playing Dominion a couple months ago, and online about 3 weeks ago, but this extension makes everything about Goko more enjoyable, so thanks!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 05, 2013, 02:32:48 am »
+18

Introducing Goko Salvager 2.0

The extension now includes Andrew's work on automatch, a new name, and is available as a full Firefox extension instead of just a GreaseMonkey script.

I believe it should update automatically for Chrome users, Firefox users will need to remove the GreaseMonkey script version and get the new version from the Firefox Add-on store, and Safari users will need to manually download and reinstall it. Links for all that nonsense are in my signature.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:52 am »
+5

FYI, the Automatch button works in Chrome, but the "Submit" button within that does not.  Everything else is clickable.  Am I doing it wrong?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.