Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598558 times)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
+2

how is the blacklist supposed to work ?
just added a name there but the played could still join my table. ?

Sounds like you're using it right; you just need to add a name there. I just tested it with two accounts on my computer and it seems to work. (I also learned that if you have the game set to "request to join," the blacklisted player is not automatically denied, but even if you accept, they will be auto-booted then.)

My first guess is that you're entering the name incorrectly; Goko player names are case-sensitive, so I left the blacklist case-sensitive as well. The problem with this, of course, is that sometimes it's hard to tell when a username has capital letters...I might be able to add a 'blacklist' button to the little popup that shows the player's record, casual rating, pro rating, and quit percentage (and the 'Kick' button when they're sitting at your table in the lobby) so that it doesn't rely on you typing it just right.

Even though it is pretty unlikely to happen, I ('michaeljb') wouldn't want to be autobooted from someone's game because they didn't want to play with 'Michaeljb,' and I don't want that to happen to other people either, so I'd like to keep it case-sensitive.

I think I'll try to add a button; that way if you do type in the name wrong, you can just click on their avatar in the lobby and blacklist them there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:07:20 am by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2013, 09:15:46 am »

that sounds nice with the button. but im pretty sure i spelled the name right. the name had a number in it but that shouldnt be a problem right?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:09 am »
+5

Shouldn't be.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:09 am »
+1

Another feature request:

When there's an empty spot in a game that you're not qualified for, grey out the "Join" (or maybe don't show that game at all).
Just to avoid joining games where you will be (auto-)kicked-out anyway.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:59 am »

Where can I write someone in the blacklist?
And does this also prevents me from joining the "wrong" games?

Thanks.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
+3

Feature request: replace base card art with the art from Base Cards.

Replace all art with the prototype art we know from Isotropic!

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2013, 10:27:43 am »

On the first screen (the one that says adventures, multiplayer etc..), click the words "User Settings". On there is a box that says "Personal Blacklist".
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
+1

On the first screen (the one that says adventures, multiplayer etc..), click the words "User Settings". On there is a box that says "Personal Blacklist".
Not at my extension. I have the one for Firefox. Do I have to update it or something?
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »

Not at my extension. I have the one for Firefox. Do I have to update it or something?

FF extension is a few versions behind the Chrome version.  It doesn't have blacklist or auto stacking yet.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »
+8

FF extension is a few versions behind the Chrome version.  It doesn't have blacklist or auto stacking yet.

FF users can download michaeljb's latest script here. As usual, you need to have GreaseMonkey installed.

The problem is that we've lost nutki. :'( All the recent features have been developed by michaeljb alone. His signature has links to his up-to-date Chrome and Safari versions, but his FF link is nutki's old version.

If nutki ever signs on to github again he'll be able to accept all or part of michaeljb's update and still retain creative control of the FF version of the script. That's very polite and probably proper github etiquitte. I'm less polite than michaeljb.

PS: If you find this useful and feel like upvoting, upvote one of michaeljb's posts instead.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2013, 04:42:29 pm »
+6

PS: If you find this useful and feel like upvoting, upvote one of michaeljb's posts instead.

HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHO TO UPVOTE...

+1

TRY AND STOP ME.

(also, thanks for the info -- as a FF user, I was wondering if we were being left behind...)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:43:59 pm by () | (_) ^/ »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37:10 pm »
+10

That's very polite and probably proper github etiquitte. I'm less polite than michaeljb.
In before decline of civility on github.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2013, 02:56:20 am »
+6

The problem is that we've lost nutki. :'( All the recent features have been developed by michaeljb alone. His signature has links to his up-to-date Chrome and Safari versions, but his FF link is nutki's old version.

Updated the link to my current script, until nutki updates his again. I'll also keep my 'features' branch live to enable easy merging into nutki's repo unless he reappears and 'officially' announces that he won't be maintaining it any more.

(also, thanks for the info -- as a FF user, I was wondering if we were being left behind...)

sorry for not being more clear about what was going on here

Shouldn't be.

Quote from: Respect on above post
+4

wat
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:57:35 am by michaeljb »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:48 am »
+2

My github repo finally has a README.md. It's very basic for now and I plan to spruce it up later.

Feature-wise there's not much exciting yet. The next update will have (hopefully) less-obnoxious messaging at the beginning of the game; instead of sending like 3 or 4 chats about how the point tracker works, it's combined into one.

I'm also adding an option to effectively turn off the point tracker. If your opponent still has the tracker enabled, you will still be able to access the score by typing "#vp?" the same way a non-extension user would.

For more tracker fun, I'm also going to include an option to basically always type "#vpon" or "#vpoff" when you join a game.

The only thing that's holding me up is the menu stuff; as it is now there are 3 checkboxes: 1 to enable/disable the point tracker, 1 to always send "#vpon" and 1 to always send "#vpoff." Clearly, allowing them all to be selected (and some other combinations) doesn't make much sense, so the menu interface should be set up to only allow the sensical choices.

Anyhow I've just pushed that to a dev branch in case anyone wants to take a look at it*. Forking the repo and sending a pull request back to dev should probably work fine.

*relevant commits
https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/commit/5d64b0927cdd221045da645f8e85c77e621d27ea
https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/commit/83197b8f2f10cce2f24eae26c9912327cb84f40e
https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/commit/9faf6da1848f4dce89a563cc567bce420b16b8b1
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:18:25 am by michaeljb »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »
+2

Shouldn't be.

Quote from: Respect on above post
+4

wat

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:25 am »
+4

For Casual/unrated games, maybe someone could add the feature to specify start player (by seat?) This would be very useful for the upcoming GokoDom II tournament.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »

Hear hear!

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2013, 04:30:47 am »

For Casual/unrated games, maybe someone could add the feature to specify start player (by seat?) This would be very useful for the upcoming GokoDom II tournament.

That might have to be Goko.  I'd have hoped by now that they've learnt to do this stuff on the server side (at least for Pro games, and I can't imagine them doing Casual games differently).

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2013, 04:35:27 am »
+7

That might have to be Goko.  I'd have hoped by now that they've learnt to do this stuff on the server side (at least for Pro games, and I can't imagine them doing Casual games differently).

They have learned nothing. I recently discovered that even verification of the sets you own happens client-side.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2013, 04:53:26 am »
+5

They have learned nothing. I recently discovered that even verification of the sets you own happens client-side.

Obvious feature request: Give an option to enable all sets, including the ones not owned by the user.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2013, 05:00:54 am »
+3

How did these clowns ever secure a contract with anybody?
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2013, 05:07:31 am »
+3

Obvious feature request: Give an option to enable all sets, including the ones not owned by the user.

Um... no. And have fun deciphering their "code."

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2013, 05:10:46 am »
+1

So this is that other way how to to get Promos without Adventures ;)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »
+3

IIRC Goko outsourced their HTML5 coding to Agility, because they realized they weren't really an HTML company. The problem is that if you have to outsource the key component of your software, it's a Bad Idea.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2013, 12:38:48 pm »
+3

IIRC Goko outsourced their HTML5 coding to Agility, because they realized they weren't really an HTML company. The problem is that if you have to outsource the key component of your software, it's a Bad Idea.

Which implies the question, if Goko isn't doing the coding any longer, and they aren't creating new games... why do they exist?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.