Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598639 times)

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 06:50:14 am »

I can't seem to change my avatar a second time. The prompt tells me 'avatar saved', but the image doesn't change.

I logged in a day later, and the new image is up. i'm happy!

evan-b

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

When I try to use the Kingdom Generator, it gives, after inputting the kingdom and clicking ok, the error "ReferenceError: set_parser not defined".

I'm getting the same issue when I try to use the Kingdom Generator. I'm using Chrome 27.0.1453.110 and  1.13.2 of the chrome plugin from the extension page https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dominion-online-live-log/kaignighoceeemhinbbophdeogpnedjn/related .

My javascript console has this error "[blocked] The page at https://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html ran insecure content from http://dom.retrobox.eu/js/1.0.0/set_parser.js.
 gameClient.html:1"

I'm not sure why.  I thought it might have been a DoNotTrack extension, but I turned that off and it still happens.  If I pasted the javascript form that page into the console, it works. 

Anything I can do to help fix this issue?

And how does this Kingdom Generator even work?  I'm just curious how it interacts with goko.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:43:54 pm by evan-b »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2013, 05:31:24 am »

Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

Putting "5.5k+" in the title only kicks people below 5k.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:20 am »

Try 5500+?
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2013, 06:32:21 am »
+6

Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

I've been having trouble with "2^2^2^2/pi^2+".

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2013, 07:47:10 am »
+1

Try 5500+?

That works, but it forces me to either abbreviate my name or remove the "#vpon" from the title, both of which I'd prefer not to have to do!

That's because only 5 ppl are able to enter such a game.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2013, 07:52:31 am »

Try 5500+?

That works, but it forces me to either abbreviate my name or remove the "#vpon" from the title, both of which I'd prefer not to have to do!

Actually, I think almost everyone can enter this. It's really confusing without parentheses, but iirc, convention is that exponents like this go left to right (or bottom to top), which makes this 256 divided by pi^2, or just under 26. Of course, the programmer in me wants to make a joke about bitwise operations, but as I'm not that much of a programmer, I can't recall which one ^ stands for.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2013, 08:00:02 am »

As far as I know, a^b^c by convention means a^(b^c), since (a^b)^c is easier written as a^bc.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:05 am »

As far as I know, a^b^c by convention means a^(b^c), since (a^b)^c is easier written as a^bc.
If this is the case, every calculator I have ever used does it wrong. I mean, your way is how I would *like* it to be, it's just not the way I think it actually is.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2013, 08:54:44 am »
+1

Try 5500+?

Actually, I think almost everyone can enter this. It's really confusing without parentheses, but iirc, convention is that exponents like this go left to right (or bottom to top), which makes this 256 divided by pi^2, or just under 26. Of course, the programmer in me wants to make a joke about bitwise operations, but as I'm not that much of a programmer, I can't recall which one ^ stands for.

Interesting, I had always assumed it should be read from right to left.

Having checked it: Matlab returns indeed 256 upon entering 2^2^2^2, but both Mathematica, Wolfram Alpha and Google return 65536. So I do think parenthesis are required in order to make it an unambiguous statement, as any convention stops being a convention when it's not adhered to by at least a significant majority of the major players.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2013, 10:03:57 am »

It does. I was 5000 and didn't get auto-kicked, then after being crushed a few times, was under 5000, then I couldn't join.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »
+7

Try 5500+?
5500+ and 5.5k+ has both 5 characrters.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »

I can't seem to change my avatar a second time. The prompt tells me 'avatar saved', but the image doesn't change.

I logged in a day later, and the new image is up. i'm happy!
It was cached in your browser. Next time clear browser cache and restart browser and you will have it changed right away.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2013, 12:48:20 am »
+6

Can the point counter be made so that it cannot be turned on after a certain number of turns? I have run into quite a few people who are waiting until critical moments late in the game to turn it on and get the point count. This defeats the purpose of an opponent's ability to turn it off a lot of times.

In addition, I just had a game a couple of days ago against a non-f.ds member who was complaining about this to me before the game began and said he would quit if I turned it on late. Luckily for him, I don't like the idea of having a VP counter, anyway, and never turn it on.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2013, 12:54:42 am »

Can the point counter be made so that it cannot be turned on after a certain number of turns? I have run into quite a few people who are waiting until critical moments late in the game to turn it on and get the point count. This defeats the purpose of an opponent's ability to turn it off a lot of times.

In addition, I just had a game a couple of days ago against a non-f.ds member who was complaining about this to me before the game began and said he would quit if I turned it on late. Luckily for him, I don't like the idea of having a VP counter, anyway, and never turn it on.

Oh, I don't like VP counters either!  I've never seen this happen before, I just never join games that say #VPon (or whatever it says).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:00 am »
+2

Oh, I don't like VP counters either!  I've never seen this happen before, I just never join games that say #VPon (or whatever it says).
Or you could just, you know, type #vpoff in the chat.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

I feel like that would be mean, I knew it would be there.  Also, I heard that people don't like that anyway, someone asked that they make it a feature that they can't turn it off if it was in the name.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2013, 01:59:53 am »

The point is that they turn it on at a crucial time to get the score. Yes, I can turn it off at that time, but it's too late because he's seen the score.

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2013, 02:00:42 am »
+5

Didn't the Iso extension have a 5 turn limit where it couldn't be turned on or off after that time? Wouldn't something like that work here, too?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2013, 11:48:51 am »

I've started just including #vpoff in my game names.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »

I have a small request. When the dialog box pops up to allow you to specify kingdom parameters, I would like the text in the text field to already be selected. That way I can type or paste immediately without selecting the text that's already there.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:49:37 pm by LastFootnote »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »
+1

Some small changes...

Version 1.13.3 published
- kingdom generator dialog selects the text
- the live log viewer may be turned off
- duplicate entries in the lobby player list will not be displayed (essentially masking a Goko bug)
- improved the sorting algorithm's performance
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:33:01 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2013, 06:04:23 pm »

Duplicate entries in the player list is not a bug, it means that one player is logged-in two times, e.g. in different tabs.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »

- kingdom generator dialog selects the text

Woohoo! Thanks!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

Duplicate entries in the player list is not a bug, it means that one player is logged-in two times, e.g. in different tabs.

It can also happen when you reload the page. I forgot about the fact that Goko allows multiple tabs, so I just thought it was a bug.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.