Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598693 times)

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »
+8

Version 12 released, mostly integrating ideas by michaeljb.
What's new:
- Extension settings page - click on 'User settings' below the  'Logout' button (for now you can disable some features of the extension)
- Saving table settings (name, rating type, etc) between sessions
- Pro rankings can be displayed instead of the casual in the lobby list
- Better chrome compatibility (now the user script can be used directly - just save it to a file and drag it to chrome://extensions/, using custom extension is recommended though, always make sure that you have only one copy enabled)
Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »

What's new:
- Extension settings page - click on 'User settings' below the  'Logout' button (for now you can disable some features of the extension)
- Better chrome compatibility (now the user script can be used directly - just save it to a file and drag it to chrome://extensions/, using custom extension is recommended though, always make sure that you have only one copy enabled)

Thank you based nutki
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »
+1

Would it also be possible to order players by ranking, so you can quickly see if there are good opponents in the room?

Thx a lot for the new update.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »

Also, would there be a way to get an autokick function for quitting %? It's really annoying to sit around and wait for people with low quit % for multiplayer games.

How high would you set the bar on this? My Quit% is at 6%, presumably because it counts quitting against bots.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 07:05:17 pm »

Because if you play a 3p game and close to the end of the game, the player who is behind the most quit, the game ends with the quitting player losing against the other two, while the other two doesn't get or lose anything. It's really not satisfying at all. About a third of the 3p games I've played* have ended prematurely this way. And I don't like it at all.

*Just a random number I threw in there, I don't have any statistics to back it up, but it feels like it's about a third of the games.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 07:25:52 pm »

I couldn't quite catch this from what you all have been saying, I have the old Chrome extension, what do I need to do to get the new one?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »

Quit % is not always right. Currently I have a 8% quit rating and I have NEVER quit a game. All those games are from crashes that the surver did not identify as network connection errors or programing errors.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »

What's new:

I'll work on getting the version in the Chrome store updated tomorrow night.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

Quit % is not always right. Currently I have a 8% quit rating and I have NEVER quit a game. All those games are from crashes that the surver did not identify as network connection errors or programing errors.

I have never quit either, but had some games give up on me. But I've only ended up with a 1% quit. The thing is that with the current way of handling disconnects in games with more than two players, I would prefer not to play someone who has a 1/12 disconnect rate if there are other people with lower rates on.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 01:25:07 am »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
is not working.
Although
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
works fine.
Thanks for reporting. This is likely due to XMLHttpRequest anti cross site scripting protection. Although both the old and new goko log sites return responses with proper Allow Origin headers, the redirect response does not, so it silently fails. I think I can work around it. How did you learned about the log archive anyway?
From here: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/are_you_seriously_deleting_old_logs#reply_12148676

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »

I have never quit either, but had some games give up on me. But I've only ended up with a 1% quit. The thing is that with the current way of handling disconnects in games with more than two players, I would prefer not to play someone who has a 1/12 disconnect rate if there are other people with lower rates on.
I don't have a bad connection. I use a tablet that runs the android operating system. This is intrperted as a Mobil device by the server. Until May 10th that was not an issue, now 40%+ of my games crash. I have not played a game since my quit % topped 8. I am just frustrated with the site and being penalize for something I have no control over. I guess I just don't want salt added to the wound once I can play again.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »
+1

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
is not working.
Fixed it. Also put in some new features to the offline viewer as well.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2013, 02:22:44 am »

Extension in the Chrome store is updated.

I've noticed a few issues, I'll look into them. No clue if they're exclusive to Chrome or not.

Sometimes, when returning home from a multiplayer lobby, the "user settings" link isn't there. I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it yet, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.

When creating a new game for the first time in the session, if the cacheSettings include a pro game, you can't actually create the game until changing to a casual game, then back to pro. This was the same problem I encountered when working on this feature myself.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2013, 02:24:38 am »

It (the chrome store) says I already have it, but it's the old version.  Do I have to get rid of the old version somehow then re-download it?

EDIT: I just did removed it and re-got it, but should it have a way to update it still?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:26:15 am by sudgy »
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2013, 02:33:37 am »

When looking at your extensions page in Chrome, if you check the box next to "Developer mode", you should see a button that says "Update extensions now." That should do it, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2013, 02:53:47 am »

Interesting, for me it just automatically updated a couple of days ago on Chrome, which was nice.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2013, 06:14:42 am »

Also put in some new features to the offline viewer as well.
Cool features!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2013, 06:21:36 am »
+1

I don't have a bad connection. I use a tablet that runs the android operating system. This is intrperted as a Mobil device by the server. Until May 10th that was not an issue, now 40%+ of my games crash. I have not played a game since my quit % topped 8. I am just frustrated with the site and being penalize for something I have no control over. I guess I just don't want salt added to the wound once I can play again.

The thing is, and this will probably sound much more harsh than I want it to, but I don't really care for what reason people disconnect. It doesn't matter to me or the game if it's due to device compability issues, connection or people just resigning. If one player leaves, for any reason at all, the game ends. And I don't want that. In 2p games I don't really care about quit %, but in 3p it ruins the experience for me.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:26 am »
+1

Unsuitable custom avatars.
A player is using a naked picture as an avatar, would it be possible to remove it do you think? 
And if it is possible is this something we want to do?

Edit: My concern is not that I personally object to the image, but that goko will get complaints from other users and try to stop us using the extension.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:57:59 am by Rabid »
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2013, 08:03:11 am »

Would be awesome if this was available for Opera.
Maybe it works there too, just nobody tested it yet.
http://my.opera.com/operafan2006/blog/2007/02/13/how-to-install-user-java-script-in-opera
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but it's not working.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:18 am »
+7

Version 13 released
What is new:
- fixed problem with staring pro ranked table at the session start
- added a 'ping' sound when a properly ranked player joins the table when using the auto kick mode

Sometimes, when returning home from a multiplayer lobby, the "user settings" link isn't there. I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it yet, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.
That I haven't seen. Is it disappearing from the DOM or it just invisible (you can check that with 'inspect element')?

Unsuitable custom avatars.
A player is using a naked picture as an avatar, would it be possible to remove it do you think? 
And if it is possible is this something we want to do?
Yeah, I spotted that when doing backup of my site, I think I will remove it and black list that guy if he does that again. This is exactly why many services do not have completely custom avatars option, you need a moderator then.

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48:43 am »

The thing is, and this will probably sound much more harsh than I want it to, but I don't really care for what reason people disconnect. It doesn't matter to me or the game if it's due to device compability issues, connection or people just resigning. If one player leaves, for any reason at all, the game ends. And I don't want that. In 2p games I don't really care about quit %, but in 3p it ruins the experience for me.
Believe me, if anyone understands I do. That is the reason I stopped playing people. I just don't want to see a number assigned to all games and not be able to play members of this community.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 09:06:54 am »

I don't think the community will stop playing each other. I mean, people are still playing each other even with the rating auto-kick. If the 3p+ issue would be fixed by Goko, I'd happily play people even if they had something like a 40-50% quit rate. I'm not entirely sure about that one, though.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:26 am »

Version 13 released
What is new:
- fixed problem with staring pro ranked table at the session start
- added a 'ping' sound when a properly ranked player joins the table when using the auto kick mode
AWESOME!
No more keeping people waiting.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:42 am »

When I try to use the Kingdom Generator, it gives, after inputting the kingdom and clicking ok, the error "ReferenceError: set_parser not defined".

I'm using version 13 of the script via Tampermonkey in Chrome. Version 12 worked fine and so far I'm not experiencing any other problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.