Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598597 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 11:09:56 am »

Any ETA on when the Chrome version will be updated to version 9? The Kingdom Generator feature is the one I care most about. Once that's supported, I'll try the script out.

Thanks for all your hard work, by the way. It's awesome that someone has taken it upon themselves to make the game more playable.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 12:35:32 pm »

I appreciate your contribution and have no problem with you adding new features, but I don't think that what you doing now is the way to go. Splitting into separate files after branching will definitely make the merges more difficult and may result in two different subsets of features supported.
My goal currently is to make the code in the single file to a state where it can be used with no modifications in chrome (I mentioned that in an earlier post). From that point it would be trivial to keep both versions up to date.

I guess this part is mostly just personal preference; I'd rather work with different files for each feature than having one big file. I also think there are some features that would be nice to be configurable in an options screen, and I don't know how I'd do that to work with both at once.

I would also discourage releasing a new Chrome plugin in the store, especially without adding checks in the code for existence of the old extension. It would be much better to get the maintenance rights for the old extension from 1wheel, as he offered, and update.

I'll PM him about that.

I agree with Nutki. I think we need one universal version of the extension and not many versions flying around. That will avoid confusion and just make everything easier as a whole, I think.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

What message do players without the extension get when you type #vpon? Is it the same as which you get: "Victory Point tracker enables (type #vpoff to disallow)"? Wasn't there an command for them to check the current score via chat?

If it is the same message, then I think it should be expanded. Suppose you are a player who has never heard of a VP tracker, then he doesn't know what this means, and he'll probably just ignore it. At least: that was how it worked for me when I played games back on isotropic against people with a VP tracker.

Maybe you should change it to something like "Your opponent is using a Victory Point tracker. This means he can see the scores of every player at every time. You can request the scores by typing <command> in chat, or get the tracker here <url>".

Also, when I tried to play a game against myself Chrome (with extension) vs Firefox (without extension) with a game with #vpon in the game title, I didn't receive any message at all in the Firefox screen. This might have happened because the game was still loading in firefox, but this should not be the case right?

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

I just tried this same thing and the message appeared in my chat window in both, and it also brought the score up for both people. So not only is it available for the person who sets it up, it is automatically available for the other party as well. Although I have the extension on both so maybe that is not 100% accurate if they don't have it.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »

I just tried this same thing and the message appeared in my chat window in both, and it also brought the score up for both people. So not only is it available for the person who sets it up, it is automatically available for the other party as well. Although I have the extension on both so maybe that is not 100% accurate if they don't have it.
There is a code in the extension which checks for #vpon in chat and then enables VP counting. It doesn't matter who typed that. So you were checking completely different scenario.

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:36 pm »
+4

What message do players without the extension get when you type #vpon? Is it the same as which you get: "Victory Point tracker enables (type #vpoff to disallow)"? Wasn't there an command for them to check the current score via chat?
I planned such option, but currently there is none, I may go back to it. The reasoning was that it is easier to just install the extensions as well. I may go back to it.

Maybe you should change it to something like "Your opponent is using a Victory Point tracker. This means he can see the scores of every player at every time. You can request the scores by typing <command> in chat, or get the tracker here <url>".
I would need to come up with some short text, otherwise it would be annoying to have it all the time. Plus you cannot copy from the chat so some tinyurl should be used.

Also, when I tried to play a game against myself Chrome (with extension) vs Firefox (without extension) with a game with #vpon in the game title, I didn't receive any message at all in the Firefox screen. This might have happened because the game was still loading in firefox, but this should not be the case right?
Maybe you were playing as a guest in one of the windows. Guests cannot send chat, not sure if receiving is disabled as well.

Since it's freaking impossible to copy/paste in the goko chat, and a lot of people ask what #vpon is / where to get it, I created a shorter url that refers to this thread.

http://goo.gl/4muRB
Thanks, I will probably include such information in a future version.
Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:32 am »
+1

Could you please give a short explanation how to deactivate the Kingdom Generator extension (i.e. what lines to comment in the source code)?

I never use it (always play all random) and so I'd just like to avoid the popup window.
Of course you can simply play pro games, but I understand you may not want your pro rank affected in some situations. I may add a disable option for that feature if I find the time.

The game defaults to Casual, so you get the pop-up once per session even if you play only Pro games.

We're well into "this free pizza does not have truffle shavings and gold leaf" territory now though. :)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 06:37:40 am »
+4

Features:
  • Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

Although not too friendly this one is great. And I don't see any options for making it more friendly, since Goko doesn't give you a chance to specify a reason for kicking.
I think it imposes a pretty steep learning curve on the rest of the community about the meaning of '5000+' ;)

A suggestion for an improvement: maybe it could notify me when someone is accepted, probably by playing some kind of 'ping' sound.
That would allow me to do something else while waiting for a match.
Join the Dominion League!

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 05:36:28 am »
+2

Auto-kick truly is a godsend. Gone are the days of kicking again and again those assclowns who make it a game to insta-rejoin. I second Stef's suggestion for some sort of 'ping' notification.

To make it slightly friendlier I also suggest to kick only those with a rating less than 0.99*ratingThreshold, as it's especially dickish to kick someone who's one win away from meeting the requirements. I've already had someone get pissed at this in public chat, and I just don't like to evoke negative emotions for no reason.

I switched from Chrome to Firefox specifically for the auto-kick feature, but Goko seems to be way slower and less responsive in Firefox. Fortunately, I found a way to run greasemonkey scripts in Chrome, via the tampermonkey extension. So far it's working well.

Also, would it be possible to filter the player list in each room such that it only displays players with a high enough rating (without you having to first host a game perse)? I like to check out different rooms for familiar faces, but scrolling through the list is quite a hassle.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 09:38:22 am »
+2

There are enough features in this extension now that it would be great to have some way to enable or disable them individually.  I hadn't realised that there was auto-kicking and that's not something I want to do, although I do want to indicate the strength of games I'm looking for in the title.  I also find the alternative Kingdom generator more of a nuisance than anything else at the moment.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 02:49:19 pm »
+1

There are enough features in this extension now that it would be great to have some way to enable or disable them individually.  I hadn't realised that there was auto-kicking and that's not something I want to do, although I do want to indicate the strength of games I'm looking for in the title.  I also find the alternative Kingdom generator more of a nuisance than anything else at the moment.
Before this is implemented you can prevent auto-kick by using an indicator that is not recognized by the extension, like putting an extra character for example '5.000+', '+5k', '5000plus' or '5000 +'

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:43 pm »

I think I've got everything in version 11 working in Chrome. My solution involves copying everything from set_parser.js into the main script. I bet there's probably a better solution, but for now I've pushed it to a branch so Chrome users can manually install the extension to use all of nutki's features:

https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/tree/chrome

I've PM'd 1wheel about maintaining the extension in the Chrome store, but he still hasn't been online here for a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:22:08 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Rodafowa

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
    • Blue Man Sings The Whites
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

Thanks for doing this. But when I try to "Load Unpacked Extension", I'm getting an error message "Manifest is not valid JSON. Line 4, Column 2, unexpected token". Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 09:11:27 pm »

Not that I can see; I'm not getting that error message. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Is your Chrome up to date?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

A suggestion for an improvement: maybe it could notify me when someone is accepted, probably by playing some kind of 'ping' sound.
That would allow me to do something else while waiting for a match.

This would be awesome!

Also, I fear having chat below the log isn't possible? Any update on that?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2013, 04:35:27 am »
+1

I finally got an options page setup for the Chrome extension. Right now, it's only on my chrome-new branch, and it only has options for my new features for default table settings. (set a default name and number of players--trying to set default leaderboard is actually how I discovered this, though I still haven't got that part figured out)

nutki, were you planning on using localStorage to allow users to switch features on and off? That's what the options page is hooked up to.

Lotoreo

• Baron
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:26 am »
+1

So, now i finally registered to this forum, just to do one thing: Telling you guys that you are AWESOME!

What a great extension! If you really manage to set the default leaderboard type as well... well, I don't find the right words.. ;)

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/save_game_title => that posting is 7 months old, you finally made it happen :)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »
+10

I now have ownership of the extension in the Chrome store (thanks to rrenaud and 1wheel), and it is up to date with nutki's Version 11 script, based on the code in my chrome branch.

I'll probably hold off publishing new features until they are incorporated into nutki's script. The new features will still be available by manually installing from my chrome-new branch.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »

So, I can't get this extension thingy to work. Probably because I know next to nothing about computers. (But I can learn)

I get a message that says could not load extension, "Manifest is not valid JSON.  Line: 4, column: 2, Unexpected token."

I was kind of proud that I could even find the load unpacked extension button though.
Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Oh hey, you own the chrome store thingy now and it auto-updated. Duh. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:46:08 pm by heron »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 05:08:47 am »
+1

Nutki, could you modify the #vpon thing so that people are unable to turn it off if it's in the title of the game? If you don't want to use it yet know in advance it will be on, you should just choose a different game.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:21 am »
+1

First, let me say again what a fantastic contribution the log parser extension is.  Thank you, thank you!

Second, have you considered implementing automatch in a form that works through the Goko UI?

I'm envisioning something like this... the extension communicates with a third-party server that tracks who's online and looking for a match.  When a match is found, both players are notified and sent to an empty room.  Better still, the extension has one of the players create a game and the other join it.

I know this would be doable in a real programming language... I'm less confident about what can be done in JS in a browser extension.  :-\
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 03:53:02 pm »
+2

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
is not working.
Although
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
works fine.
Thanks for reporting. This is likely due to XMLHttpRequest anti cross site scripting protection. Although both the old and new goko log sites return responses with proper Allow Origin headers, the redirect response does not, so it silently fails. I think I can work around it. How did you learned about the log archive anyway?

Second, have you considered implementing automatch in a form that works through the Goko UI?
Yes, but that is not likely to happen. First that would probably more complex than what I done so far (somehow depending on the approach, but generally I was thinking along the lines you suggested). Then there is a big problem that it would only work for people actually using the extension (I don't know if that would be feasible otherwise) so there would be hard to get the critical mass of players to move to it.
On top of that I play mostly against bots, so I don't have direct interest in this.

Nutki, could you modify the #vpon thing so that people are unable to turn it off if it's in the title of the game? If you don't want to use it yet know in advance it will be on, you should just choose a different game.
Makes sense, I will consider this.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 04:21:37 pm »

Also, would there be a way to get an autokick function for quitting %? It's really annoying to sit around and wait for people with low quit % for multiplayer games.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 04:25:33 pm »

Why do you care for quitting percentage? Quits=losses now, so it doesn't matter. I think most quits by players still playing are caused by goko bugs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:58:10 pm by Watno »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.