Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598648 times)

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« on: May 17, 2013, 04:40:40 am »
+54

Mod note: status of the extension will now be kept up to date in the Online Dominion Resources thread. Continue to discuss it here. I now return you to your regularly scheduled OP.

----------

From now on I will keep the current state of the extension in this post. Please report any issues or ideas below.

Features:
  • Off-line log prettifier using dom.retrobox.eu (does not need the extension really, but the log link at the game end is patched if you use it).
  • Side panel log. During the game log will be always visible on the right of the main window. It has also nicer formatting than the official one and is easily scrollable.
  • Custom avatars. By clicking on the avatar picture in the top right corner of the main dominion page (where you can choose between Adventure, Multiplayer, etc.) you can upload your custom avatar. It will be visible only to other users of the extension script. The uploaded file has to be a png up to 20KB. (since version 3)
  • Point tracking. Makes current victory points for each player visible throughout the game. To enable it you have to type '#vpon' in the chat window or include it in the table name. Any player, even not having the extension installed can force the tracking off by typing '#vpoff' in the chat or by including it in the table name. After this the tracking cannot be reenabled. (since version 5)
  • Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6). Also other table settings are saved between sessions (since version 12).
  • Kingdom generator. Each time the game randomizes a kingdom for casual or unrated game, a popup shows. Where you can define a custom kingdom. It can be as simple as one expansion kingdom (for example 'Dark Ages') or more complex (for example: 'Moat, 3 Attack, All' - a Moat and at least 3 attack cards). Full instructions. (since version 9)
  • Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)
  • Settings page. Some of the features can be disabled. Accessed with the 'User Settings' link below the 'Logout' button. (since version 12)
  • Player list in the lobby displays pro ranking. (since version 12)
Installation:
  • Firefox -  First install Grease monkey then download the extension script
  • Chrome - Install from the Chrome webstore (updated, thanks to michaeljb).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:49:28 pm by michaeljb »
Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile

Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6).
That is nice I thought goko finaly did that but hey its the script good work =).
One thing about it. It even saves the gamename of the game I previously joined and adds it to the game I create next. Is that intended?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
+3

Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6).
That is nice I thought goko finaly did that but hey its the script good work =).
One thing about it. It even saves the gamename of the game I previously joined and adds it to the game I create next. Is that intended?
That is a bug in the original version of this feature (I realized this would happen soon after I published it). It is fixed in version 10.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile

This topic should really be stickied instead of the other (currently stickied) topic. Maybe you should PM theory?

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »

How do you see the score if you do not have the extension?

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:58 am »

Point tracking. Makes current victory points for each player visible throughout the game. To enable it you have to type '#vpon' in the chat window or include it in the table name. Any player, even not having the extension installed can force the tracking off by typing '#vpoff' in the chat or by including it in the table name. After this the tracking cannot be reenabled. (since version 5)
Could you also make including "#vpon" in table name start the game with point tracking on, of course possible to turn off in chat if the opponent chooses so?

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:34 am »

This is freakin' great!  What's the type of schedule where the chrome web store version will get updates?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:17 am »
+1

Maybe someone else should take 1wheel's offer to maintain the chrome extension?  Or maybe nutki can email 1wheel when he has new versions.

See 1wheel's post here.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6788.msg234749#msg234749

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:47 pm »

How do you make a part of an avatar transparent?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

Transparent PNG Image layer.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »

And, how do I do that?

Also, the log has less than an inch to display itself.  I can't read it.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:14 am »
+5

Maybe someone else should take 1wheel's offer to maintain the chrome extension?  Or maybe nutki can email 1wheel when he has new versions.

See 1wheel's post here.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6788.msg234749#msg234749

Looks like it's been a while since he's been online.

Anyway, I've got nutki's script mostly working on Chrome. All the features except for the Kingdom Generator look like they're working, except possibly the score tracker. With a guest user in an incognito browser, the chat did not seem to work at all, so I couldn't test whether typing #vpoff in the chat would work, but it definitely works from the side with the extension installed.

I'm planning to break up the script into separate files for each feature, using RequireJS and a cool project I found specifically for making Chrome extensions with Require. While I haven't broken down the main script yet, I have added my own feature--in the player list on the right of the lobby, each player's pro rating will be listed instead of their casual rating, if they have one. If they haven't played any pro games, it will still display their casual rating, and I hope to fix that soon.

Eventually I'll try to make things configurable through an actual options page.

I'll get my version into the Chrome store before long, but until then there are manual installation instructions on github.

https://github.com/michaeljb/Dominion-Online-User-Extension
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 03:49:29 am »
+3

Could you also add the option to auto-kick people from your games if they have a pro rating less than what's mentioned in the name of the game?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 04:10:06 am »

And, how do I do that?

Any image editor above the Paint level should be able to handle transparency.  I like the GIMP.

Are you on a 4:3 aspect ratio screen?  The extension allows the game to be full height then shifts it to the side and uses the spare room for the log, so as a workaround you could try reducing the height of your browser.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:37 am »
+1

Could you please give a short explanation how to deactivate the Kingdom Generator extension (i.e. what lines to comment in the source code)?

I never use it (always play all random) and so I'd just like to avoid the popup window.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:26 am »
+1

Could you please give a short explanation how to deactivate the Kingdom Generator extension (i.e. what lines to comment in the source code)?

I never use it (always play all random) and so I'd just like to avoid the popup window.
Add
return;
line after
document.addEventListener ('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
line;
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:58:34 am by yed »

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:19 am »
+1

And, how do I do that?

In Chrome (and probably also in Firefox), you can press Ctrl and - to "zoom out", i.e. make everything on the page smaller. This also works with Goko, and the extension will automatically use the remaining part of the screen for the log. This way you can make the log readable. You can use Ctrl and + to zoom back in or Ctrl+0 to go to the default zoom level.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41:10 am »

Could you also add the option to auto-kick people from your games if they have a pro rating less than what's mentioned in the name of the game?

Should be :)

I have a bunch of features I've thought up that should be possible, it'll just take time. That one is definitely on the list.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:52 am »
+7

If we're requesting features, I'd love to see the opponent's rating and number of games played on the game screen. I often join a game very fast, and then have it started, without being able to check my opponent's rating. Maybe it could be included at the top of the log?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

If we're requesting features, I'd love to see the opponent's rating and number of games played on the game screen. I often join a game very fast, and then have it started, without being able to check my opponent's rating. Maybe it could be included at the top of the log?

Love this idea!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
+5

I'm planning to break up the script into separate files for each feature, using RequireJS and a cool project I found specifically for making Chrome extensions with Require. While I haven't broken down the main script yet, I have added my own feature--in the player list on the right of the lobby, each player's pro rating will be listed instead of their casual rating, if they have one. If they haven't played any pro games, it will still display their casual rating, and I hope to fix that soon.
I appreciate your contribution and have no problem with you adding new features, but I don't think that what you doing now is the way to go. Splitting into separate files after branching will definitely make the merges more difficult and may result in two different subsets of features supported.
My goal currently is to make the code in the single file to a state where it can be used with no modifications in chrome (I mentioned that in an earlier post). From that point it would be trivial to keep both versions up to date.

I'll get my version into the Chrome store before long, but until then there are manual installation instructions on github.
https://github.com/michaeljb/Dominion-Online-User-Extension
I would also discourage releasing a new Chrome plugin in the store, especially without adding checks in the code for existence of the old extension. It would be much better to get the maintenance rights for the old extension from 1wheel, as he offered, and update.

I have this feature already implemented, it should be in version 11 (edit: just pushed to the repository).

Of course you can simply play pro games, but I understand you may not want your pro rank affected in some situations. I may add a disable option for that feature if I find the time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:51:53 pm by nutki »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:10 pm »

I appreciate your contribution and have no problem with you adding new features, but I don't think that what you doing now is the way to go. Splitting into separate files after branching will definitely make the merges more difficult and may result in two different subsets of features supported.
My goal currently is to make the code in the single file to a state where it can be used with no modifications in chrome (I mentioned that in an earlier post). From that point it would be trivial to keep both versions up to date.

I guess this part is mostly just personal preference; I'd rather work with different files for each feature than having one big file. I also think there are some features that would be nice to be configurable in an options screen, and I don't know how I'd do that to work with both at once.

I would also discourage releasing a new Chrome plugin in the store, especially without adding checks in the code for existence of the old extension. It would be much better to get the maintenance rights for the old extension from 1wheel, as he offered, and update.

I'll PM him about that.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:59 am »
+2

Since it's freaking impossible to copy/paste in the goko chat, and a lot of people ask what #vpon is / where to get it, I created a shorter url that refers to this thread.

http://goo.gl/4muRB
Join the Dominion League!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19:10 am »
+1

Would be awesome if this was available for Opera.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

Would be awesome if this was available for Opera.
Maybe it works there too, just nobody tested it yet.
http://my.opera.com/operafan2006/blog/2007/02/13/how-to-install-user-java-script-in-opera
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.