Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 601617 times)

kiliana

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1625 on: October 09, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »

Hi everybody,

I'm using Goko Dominion Salvager in Firefox but Automatch is not working anymore since 2 or 3 weeks, maybe more. Any idea?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:52:50 pm by kiliana »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 09, 2014, 06:00:19 pm »
+1

Hi everybody,

I'm using Goko Dominion Salvager in Firefox but Automatch is not working anymore since 2 or 3 weeks, maybe more. Any idea?

Thanks!

I fixed a major Automatch bug yesterday.  I can't say whether it was causing your problem or not though.

If you keep experiencing problems, PM me and I'll give you further instructions.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:34 pm »

I fixed a major Automatch bug yesterday.  I can't say whether it was causing your problem or not though.

I was automatched once today for the first time in several months. It was only once, though, and I was online several times for quite some time each.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 09, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »
+3

If you think automatch is acting up, here's what to do:

1. Log in from two different accounts or find a friend to help you
2. Issue automatch requests from both accounts, preferably for Unrated or something that won't match others
3. If you don't match properly, send me your logs and what time you tested
4. I will try to identify the problem using your logs plus the server logs from the same time

Unfortunately, you really do have to go to all this trouble for me to identify and fix a problem.  I can't do anything useful from just knowing that automatch hasn't matched you much or at all lately.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 10, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »

If you keep experiencing problems, PM me and I'll give you further instructions.
Yay.  I had been using 'Gherald0' because 'Gherald' wouldn't automatch.  Now it does again.
My opponent has more loot than me

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 14, 2014, 06:08:53 am »
+2

Log search is down, last recorded game was 12 hours ago.
ISO levels also not working.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:29:18 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »
+4

Log search is down, last recorded game was 12 hours ago.
ISO levels also not working.

Thanks.  Server is back up and log parsing is catching up.

kiliana

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:16 am »

Problem fixed!
I thought I wrote you a private message some days ago but I can't find it in Sent items so I'm not sure it worked. Anyway, Automatch is working again so no need to read the private message :)

Thanks

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 27, 2014, 06:00:12 am »

Hello, I am trying to download the extension on Safari.  When I try to right click on the link here and save the link as, it saves it as .safariextz.html (I can't seem to force it to save it as a .safariextz file).  I have tried to make it save as just a .safariextz but that does not work.  When I take the downloaded file and remove the .html extension, it looks like a legit .safariextz file but then I open it and it comes with an error message saying it was not possible to install the extension.

Using OS X 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #1634 on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:00 am »

Feature requests:

-Can you tell in the chat window, when the opponent enters the game (so goko has loaded the game for him) and when he leaves (after the game). First would be good to know, if the opponent is still thinking or still loading; second would be good for not speaking with someone who isn't there anymore. I think there was something like that some time ago, but I don't know, if it was goko or the extension.
-Can you make a "Do you really want to leave this window?"-message (or so), if we would leave the game. Sometimes it happenes to me, that the opponent is slow and I do other things while playing (like using google). Then when I press Enter to open the goko-chat-window, my focus(?) is still in the google-search-toolbar and searches, so that I quit the game. Maybe I am the only one who is to stupid to use the browser, but this happened to me a few times...

And as always, thanks for the lot of work, you're doing for this cool stuff!
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #1635 on: October 31, 2014, 02:31:52 pm »

is this the place to report logprettifier bugs? 

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141031/log.516d7e40e4b082c74d7c2610.1414779747927.txt

Heisenberg's final deck composition is totally wrong.  Actually, this problem is on MF's side ( go to the original log link and see it there ) while the prettifier widget at right shows the correct data.  Probably not worth anyone's attention.  So, um, yeah, how bout those Giants?
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »
+2

Heisenberg's final deck composition is totally wrong.

I think it's because the log prettifier observed it.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 31, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »
+5

I think if you resign mid-turn, then it doesn't put the cards in play back into the deck. This could be the issue.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:03 pm »

I think if you resign mid-turn, then it doesn't put the cards in play back into the deck. This could be the issue.

That is correct (it also happens on quits).

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #1639 on: November 03, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
+1

i have been having trouble with the prettifier links from log searches. 

this link leads to a page that says "loading" and never loads https://www.gokosalvager.com:8889/static/logprettifier.html?20141006/log.5083d05fa2e6ac658be2b342.1412623522150.txt

remove :8889 and change https to http and you get a working page: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141006/log.5083d05fa2e6ac658be2b342.1412623522150.txt
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #1640 on: November 03, 2014, 08:57:27 pm »

i have been having trouble with the prettifier links from log searches. 

this link leads to a page that says "loading" and never loads https://www.gokosalvager.com:8889/static/logprettifier.html?20141006/log.5083d05fa2e6ac658be2b342.1412623522150.txt

remove :8889 and change https to http and you get a working page: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141006/log.5083d05fa2e6ac658be2b342.1412623522150.txt

The log prettifier tries to fetch the game logs from Goko's servers as plaintext (over http), whether or not you're connected via HTTPS. It's a security violation to fetch HTTP content on a page secured with HTTPS, so your browser prevents that attempt. If you use http://www.gokosalvager.com as your starting point instead of https://gokosalvager.com, you won't get links to this broken prettifier page.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1685
    • View Profile
Re: the Salvager Kingdom generator and black market
« Reply #1641 on: November 03, 2014, 10:54:54 pm »

I recently got Black Market on Goko, and I was hoping you could choose what comes in the black market deck, but the kingdom generator doesn't seem to work with it. I put 40 () in my kingdom generator (using the formula for modified card frequencies) instead of 10 (), but it still doesn't affect the black market deck. Is it possible to make it so that you can choose what can and can't be in the black market deck?

Is it just that I need to put the exact number 35 or 36 (in case of young witch) instead of 40?  (I put 40 cause I was lazy and didn't feel like figuring the exact number at the time and I thought going high wouldn't hurt anything.)

EDIT: I tried 36 and it didn't work. Please tell me there's a way to make this work. My opponent just got rebuild from the black market...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:41:15 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 04, 2014, 07:06:37 am »

I recently got Black Market on Goko, and I was hoping you could choose what comes in the black market deck, but the kingdom generator doesn't seem to work with it. I put 40 () in my kingdom generator (using the formula for modified card frequencies) instead of 10 (), but it still doesn't affect the black market deck. Is it possible to make it so that you can choose what can and can't be in the black market deck?

Is it just that I need to put the exact number 35 or 36 (in case of young witch) instead of 40?  (I put 40 cause I was lazy and didn't feel like figuring the exact number at the time and I thought going high wouldn't hurt anything.)

EDIT: I tried 36 and it didn't work. Please tell me there's a way to make this work. My opponent just got rebuild from the black market...

You can't control the Black Market deck contents, sorry. In the same way you can't choose the Bane Card for Young Witch either. (edited as the second thing was wrong)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:15:44 am by Joseph2302 »

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #1643 on: November 04, 2014, 11:06:18 am »
+5

In the same way you can't choose the Bane Card for Young Witch either.

You can choose the bane card for Young Witch. An 11th card slot appears when you add Young Witch to a deck you make on Goko -- put the bane card there.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 04, 2014, 01:48:57 pm »

You can't control the Black Market deck contents, sorry. In the same way you can't choose the order of the Knights pile (because it is designed to be random).

FTFY
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 04, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »
+3

You can't control the Black Market deck contents, sorry. In the same way you can't choose the order of the Knights pile (because it is designed to be random).

FTFY

Except that Black Market isn't designed to be (exclusively) random.  That is how Isotropic did it and how Goko does it, but the FAQ says

To use the Black Market Kingdom card, you must create a Black Market deck before starting the game. The Black Market deck is made up of Kingdom cards that are not in the Supply of the current game. The players should agree before the game which cards will be used to create the Black Market deck (for example, you could agree to use one of every Kingdom card you own that is not a part of the Supply).

The rules clarifications section on the Dominion Strategy wiki also includes this:
Although Black Market says "each Kingdom card not in the supply", it is not necessary to include every such Kingdom card; you may decide how many cards to include in the Black Market deck, and which ones, in any way. On Isotropic, only a subset of cards not in the game was available in the Black Market deck; Goko creates a deck of up to 25 cards (less if you only have Base and Promo cards). On Goko, if you wish to look at which cards are in the Black Market deck (as is allowable in the FAQ above), you have to click the "all cards" button above the Trash pile and scroll through the next pages. The strategy for playing Black Market may vary depending on how the Black Market deck is set up by your playgroup.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1685
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 04, 2014, 06:51:12 pm »

Please tell me there's a way to make this work. My opponent just got rebuild from the black market...

You can't control the Black Market deck contents, sorry.
Then I hereby make this a feature request.
It stinks to exclude cards I hate (like rebuild and tournament) and still have them show up in the black market deck (which could make those cards even worse). And of course we should be able to exclude cards like fool's gold and treasure map from the black market deck.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:54:20 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 04, 2014, 08:27:39 pm »
+1

Please tell me there's a way to make this work. My opponent just got rebuild from the black market...

It stinks to exclude cards I hate (like rebuild and tournament) and still have them show up in the black market deck (which could make those cards even worse). And of course we should be able to exclude cards like fool's gold and treasure map from the black market deck.

Man, I played a game today where my opponent's first two plays of Black Market got him Goons and Tournament. I still managed to win but it was a tough game.

Anyway, I too would like to have control over what's in the Black Market deck, but I'm not at all sure that it's possible for the client to control that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:28:53 pm by LastFootnote »

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 04, 2014, 09:00:08 pm »
+2

Man, I played a game today where my opponent's first two plays of Black Market got him Goons and Tournament. I still managed to win but it was a tough game.

Anyway, I too would like to have control over what's in the Black Market deck, but I'm not at all sure that it's possible for the client to control that.

Wait, they're doing part of kingdom generation server-side? What a ludicrous idea!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 04, 2014, 09:53:56 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think it's possible for Salvager to control the contents of the black market deck.
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.