Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 72 [All]

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 329205 times)

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« on: May 17, 2013, 04:40:40 am »
+54

Mod note: status of the extension will now be kept up to date in the Online Dominion Resources thread. Continue to discuss it here. I now return you to your regularly scheduled OP.

----------

From now on I will keep the current state of the extension in this post. Please report any issues or ideas below.

Features:
  • Off-line log prettifier using dom.retrobox.eu (does not need the extension really, but the log link at the game end is patched if you use it).
  • Side panel log. During the game log will be always visible on the right of the main window. It has also nicer formatting than the official one and is easily scrollable.
  • Custom avatars. By clicking on the avatar picture in the top right corner of the main dominion page (where you can choose between Adventure, Multiplayer, etc.) you can upload your custom avatar. It will be visible only to other users of the extension script. The uploaded file has to be a png up to 20KB. (since version 3)
  • Point tracking. Makes current victory points for each player visible throughout the game. To enable it you have to type '#vpon' in the chat window or include it in the table name. Any player, even not having the extension installed can force the tracking off by typing '#vpoff' in the chat or by including it in the table name. After this the tracking cannot be reenabled. (since version 5)
  • Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6). Also other table settings are saved between sessions (since version 12).
  • Kingdom generator. Each time the game randomizes a kingdom for casual or unrated game, a popup shows. Where you can define a custom kingdom. It can be as simple as one expansion kingdom (for example 'Dark Ages') or more complex (for example: 'Moat, 3 Attack, All' - a Moat and at least 3 attack cards). Full instructions. (since version 9)
  • Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)
  • Settings page. Some of the features can be disabled. Accessed with the 'User Settings' link below the 'Logout' button. (since version 12)
  • Player list in the lobby displays pro ranking. (since version 12)
Installation:
  • Firefox -  First install Grease monkey then download the extension script
  • Chrome - Install from the Chrome webstore (updated, thanks to michaeljb).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:49:28 pm by michaeljb »
Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +695
    • View Profile

Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6).
That is nice I thought goko finaly did that but hey its the script good work =).
One thing about it. It even saves the gamename of the game I previously joined and adds it to the game I create next. Is that intended?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
+3

Saving the name of the table of the previous game (normally it is changed to "X's game" each time you open the create game dialog, since version 6).
That is nice I thought goko finaly did that but hey its the script good work =).
One thing about it. It even saves the gamename of the game I previously joined and adds it to the game I create next. Is that intended?
That is a bug in the original version of this feature (I realized this would happen soon after I published it). It is fixed in version 10.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile

This topic should really be stickied instead of the other (currently stickied) topic. Maybe you should PM theory?

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1153
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox and Chrome
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »

How do you see the score if you do not have the extension?

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:58 am »

Point tracking. Makes current victory points for each player visible throughout the game. To enable it you have to type '#vpon' in the chat window or include it in the table name. Any player, even not having the extension installed can force the tracking off by typing '#vpoff' in the chat or by including it in the table name. After this the tracking cannot be reenabled. (since version 5)
Could you also make including "#vpon" in table name start the game with point tracking on, of course possible to turn off in chat if the opponent chooses so?

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:34 am »

This is freakin' great!  What's the type of schedule where the chrome web store version will get updates?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:17 am »
+1

Maybe someone else should take 1wheel's offer to maintain the chrome extension?  Or maybe nutki can email 1wheel when he has new versions.

See 1wheel's post here.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6788.msg234749#msg234749

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2652
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:47 pm »

How do you make a part of an avatar transparent?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

Transparent PNG Image layer.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »

And, how do I do that?

Also, the log has less than an inch to display itself.  I can't read it.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2044
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:14 am »
+5

Maybe someone else should take 1wheel's offer to maintain the chrome extension?  Or maybe nutki can email 1wheel when he has new versions.

See 1wheel's post here.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6788.msg234749#msg234749

Looks like it's been a while since he's been online.

Anyway, I've got nutki's script mostly working on Chrome. All the features except for the Kingdom Generator look like they're working, except possibly the score tracker. With a guest user in an incognito browser, the chat did not seem to work at all, so I couldn't test whether typing #vpoff in the chat would work, but it definitely works from the side with the extension installed.

I'm planning to break up the script into separate files for each feature, using RequireJS and a cool project I found specifically for making Chrome extensions with Require. While I haven't broken down the main script yet, I have added my own feature--in the player list on the right of the lobby, each player's pro rating will be listed instead of their casual rating, if they have one. If they haven't played any pro games, it will still display their casual rating, and I hope to fix that soon.

Eventually I'll try to make things configurable through an actual options page.

I'll get my version into the Chrome store before long, but until then there are manual installation instructions on github.

https://github.com/michaeljb/Dominion-Online-User-Extension
18xx is taking over my gaming life

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7134
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 03:49:29 am »
+3

Could you also add the option to auto-kick people from your games if they have a pro rating less than what's mentioned in the name of the game?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2315
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 04:10:06 am »

And, how do I do that?

Any image editor above the Paint level should be able to handle transparency.  I like the GIMP.

Are you on a 4:3 aspect ratio screen?  The extension allows the game to be full height then shifts it to the side and uses the spare room for the log, so as a workaround you could try reducing the height of your browser.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:37 am »
+1

Could you please give a short explanation how to deactivate the Kingdom Generator extension (i.e. what lines to comment in the source code)?

I never use it (always play all random) and so I'd just like to avoid the popup window.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:26 am »
+1

Could you please give a short explanation how to deactivate the Kingdom Generator extension (i.e. what lines to comment in the source code)?

I never use it (always play all random) and so I'd just like to avoid the popup window.
Add
return;
line after
document.addEventListener ('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
line;
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:58:34 am by yed »

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:19 am »
+1

And, how do I do that?

In Chrome (and probably also in Firefox), you can press Ctrl and - to "zoom out", i.e. make everything on the page smaller. This also works with Goko, and the extension will automatically use the remaining part of the screen for the log. This way you can make the log readable. You can use Ctrl and + to zoom back in or Ctrl+0 to go to the default zoom level.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41:10 am »

Could you also add the option to auto-kick people from your games if they have a pro rating less than what's mentioned in the name of the game?

Should be :)

I have a bunch of features I've thought up that should be possible, it'll just take time. That one is definitely on the list.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:52 am »
+7

If we're requesting features, I'd love to see the opponent's rating and number of games played on the game screen. I often join a game very fast, and then have it started, without being able to check my opponent's rating. Maybe it could be included at the top of the log?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2447
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

If we're requesting features, I'd love to see the opponent's rating and number of games played on the game screen. I often join a game very fast, and then have it started, without being able to check my opponent's rating. Maybe it could be included at the top of the log?

Love this idea!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
+5

I'm planning to break up the script into separate files for each feature, using RequireJS and a cool project I found specifically for making Chrome extensions with Require. While I haven't broken down the main script yet, I have added my own feature--in the player list on the right of the lobby, each player's pro rating will be listed instead of their casual rating, if they have one. If they haven't played any pro games, it will still display their casual rating, and I hope to fix that soon.
I appreciate your contribution and have no problem with you adding new features, but I don't think that what you doing now is the way to go. Splitting into separate files after branching will definitely make the merges more difficult and may result in two different subsets of features supported.
My goal currently is to make the code in the single file to a state where it can be used with no modifications in chrome (I mentioned that in an earlier post). From that point it would be trivial to keep both versions up to date.

I'll get my version into the Chrome store before long, but until then there are manual installation instructions on github.
https://github.com/michaeljb/Dominion-Online-User-Extension
I would also discourage releasing a new Chrome plugin in the store, especially without adding checks in the code for existence of the old extension. It would be much better to get the maintenance rights for the old extension from 1wheel, as he offered, and update.

I have this feature already implemented, it should be in version 11 (edit: just pushed to the repository).

Of course you can simply play pro games, but I understand you may not want your pro rank affected in some situations. I may add a disable option for that feature if I find the time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:51:53 pm by nutki »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:10 pm »

I appreciate your contribution and have no problem with you adding new features, but I don't think that what you doing now is the way to go. Splitting into separate files after branching will definitely make the merges more difficult and may result in two different subsets of features supported.
My goal currently is to make the code in the single file to a state where it can be used with no modifications in chrome (I mentioned that in an earlier post). From that point it would be trivial to keep both versions up to date.

I guess this part is mostly just personal preference; I'd rather work with different files for each feature than having one big file. I also think there are some features that would be nice to be configurable in an options screen, and I don't know how I'd do that to work with both at once.

I would also discourage releasing a new Chrome plugin in the store, especially without adding checks in the code for existence of the old extension. It would be much better to get the maintenance rights for the old extension from 1wheel, as he offered, and update.

I'll PM him about that.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4390
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:59 am »
+2

Since it's freaking impossible to copy/paste in the goko chat, and a lot of people ask what #vpon is / where to get it, I created a shorter url that refers to this thread.

http://goo.gl/4muRB
Join the Dominion League!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +11901
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19:10 am »
+1

Would be awesome if this was available for Opera.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

Maybe it works there too, just nobody tested it yet.
http://my.opera.com/operafan2006/blog/2007/02/13/how-to-install-user-java-script-in-opera

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +9838
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 11:09:56 am »

Any ETA on when the Chrome version will be updated to version 9? The Kingdom Generator feature is the one I care most about. Once that's supported, I'll try the script out.

Thanks for all your hard work, by the way. It's awesome that someone has taken it upon themselves to make the game more playable.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 12:35:32 pm »

I guess this part is mostly just personal preference; I'd rather work with different files for each feature than having one big file. I also think there are some features that would be nice to be configurable in an options screen, and I don't know how I'd do that to work with both at once.

I'll PM him about that.

I agree with Nutki. I think we need one universal version of the extension and not many versions flying around. That will avoid confusion and just make everything easier as a whole, I think.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

What message do players without the extension get when you type #vpon? Is it the same as which you get: "Victory Point tracker enables (type #vpoff to disallow)"? Wasn't there an command for them to check the current score via chat?

If it is the same message, then I think it should be expanded. Suppose you are a player who has never heard of a VP tracker, then he doesn't know what this means, and he'll probably just ignore it. At least: that was how it worked for me when I played games back on isotropic against people with a VP tracker.

Maybe you should change it to something like "Your opponent is using a Victory Point tracker. This means he can see the scores of every player at every time. You can request the scores by typing <command> in chat, or get the tracker here <url>".

Also, when I tried to play a game against myself Chrome (with extension) vs Firefox (without extension) with a game with #vpon in the game title, I didn't receive any message at all in the Firefox screen. This might have happened because the game was still loading in firefox, but this should not be the case right?

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

I just tried this same thing and the message appeared in my chat window in both, and it also brought the score up for both people. So not only is it available for the person who sets it up, it is automatically available for the other party as well. Although I have the extension on both so maybe that is not 100% accurate if they don't have it.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »

I just tried this same thing and the message appeared in my chat window in both, and it also brought the score up for both people. So not only is it available for the person who sets it up, it is automatically available for the other party as well. Although I have the extension on both so maybe that is not 100% accurate if they don't have it.
There is a code in the extension which checks for #vpon in chat and then enables VP counting. It doesn't matter who typed that. So you were checking completely different scenario.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:36 pm »
+4

What message do players without the extension get when you type #vpon? Is it the same as which you get: "Victory Point tracker enables (type #vpoff to disallow)"? Wasn't there an command for them to check the current score via chat?
I planned such option, but currently there is none, I may go back to it. The reasoning was that it is easier to just install the extensions as well. I may go back to it.

Maybe you should change it to something like "Your opponent is using a Victory Point tracker. This means he can see the scores of every player at every time. You can request the scores by typing <command> in chat, or get the tracker here <url>".
I would need to come up with some short text, otherwise it would be annoying to have it all the time. Plus you cannot copy from the chat so some tinyurl should be used.

Also, when I tried to play a game against myself Chrome (with extension) vs Firefox (without extension) with a game with #vpon in the game title, I didn't receive any message at all in the Firefox screen. This might have happened because the game was still loading in firefox, but this should not be the case right?
Maybe you were playing as a guest in one of the windows. Guests cannot send chat, not sure if receiving is disabled as well.

Since it's freaking impossible to copy/paste in the goko chat, and a lot of people ask what #vpon is / where to get it, I created a shorter url that refers to this thread.

http://goo.gl/4muRB
Thanks, I will probably include such information in a future version.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:32 am »
+1

Of course you can simply play pro games, but I understand you may not want your pro rank affected in some situations. I may add a disable option for that feature if I find the time.

The game defaults to Casual, so you get the pop-up once per session even if you play only Pro games.

We're well into "this free pizza does not have truffle shavings and gold leaf" territory now though. :)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4390
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 06:37:40 am »
+4

Features:
  • Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

Although not too friendly this one is great. And I don't see any options for making it more friendly, since Goko doesn't give you a chance to specify a reason for kicking.
I think it imposes a pretty steep learning curve on the rest of the community about the meaning of '5000+' ;)

A suggestion for an improvement: maybe it could notify me when someone is accepted, probably by playing some kind of 'ping' sound.
That would allow me to do something else while waiting for a match.
Join the Dominion League!

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 05:36:28 am »
+2

Auto-kick truly is a godsend. Gone are the days of kicking again and again those assclowns who make it a game to insta-rejoin. I second Stef's suggestion for some sort of 'ping' notification.

To make it slightly friendlier I also suggest to kick only those with a rating less than 0.99*ratingThreshold, as it's especially dickish to kick someone who's one win away from meeting the requirements. I've already had someone get pissed at this in public chat, and I just don't like to evoke negative emotions for no reason.

I switched from Chrome to Firefox specifically for the auto-kick feature, but Goko seems to be way slower and less responsive in Firefox. Fortunately, I found a way to run greasemonkey scripts in Chrome, via the tampermonkey extension. So far it's working well.

Also, would it be possible to filter the player list in each room such that it only displays players with a high enough rating (without you having to first host a game perse)? I like to check out different rooms for familiar faces, but scrolling through the list is quite a hassle.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 09:38:22 am »
+2

There are enough features in this extension now that it would be great to have some way to enable or disable them individually.  I hadn't realised that there was auto-kicking and that's not something I want to do, although I do want to indicate the strength of games I'm looking for in the title.  I also find the alternative Kingdom generator more of a nuisance than anything else at the moment.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 02:49:19 pm »
+1

There are enough features in this extension now that it would be great to have some way to enable or disable them individually.  I hadn't realised that there was auto-kicking and that's not something I want to do, although I do want to indicate the strength of games I'm looking for in the title.  I also find the alternative Kingdom generator more of a nuisance than anything else at the moment.
Before this is implemented you can prevent auto-kick by using an indicator that is not recognized by the extension, like putting an extra character for example '5.000+', '+5k', '5000plus' or '5000 +'

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:43 pm »

I think I've got everything in version 11 working in Chrome. My solution involves copying everything from set_parser.js into the main script. I bet there's probably a better solution, but for now I've pushed it to a branch so Chrome users can manually install the extension to use all of nutki's features:

https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/tree/chrome

I've PM'd 1wheel about maintaining the extension in the Chrome store, but he still hasn't been online here for a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:22:08 pm by michaeljb »

Rodafowa

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
    • Blue Man Sings The Whites
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

Thanks for doing this. But when I try to "Load Unpacked Extension", I'm getting an error message "Manifest is not valid JSON. Line 4, Column 2, unexpected token". Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 09:11:27 pm »

Not that I can see; I'm not getting that error message. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Is your Chrome up to date?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2969
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

A suggestion for an improvement: maybe it could notify me when someone is accepted, probably by playing some kind of 'ping' sound.
That would allow me to do something else while waiting for a match.

This would be awesome!

Also, I fear having chat below the log isn't possible? Any update on that?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2013, 04:35:27 am »
+1

I finally got an options page setup for the Chrome extension. Right now, it's only on my chrome-new branch, and it only has options for my new features for default table settings. (set a default name and number of players--trying to set default leaderboard is actually how I discovered this, though I still haven't got that part figured out)

nutki, were you planning on using localStorage to allow users to switch features on and off? That's what the options page is hooked up to.

Lotoreo

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:26 am »
+1

So, now i finally registered to this forum, just to do one thing: Telling you guys that you are AWESOME!

What a great extension! If you really manage to set the default leaderboard type as well... well, I don't find the right words.. ;)

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/save_game_title => that posting is 7 months old, you finally made it happen :)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »
+10

I now have ownership of the extension in the Chrome store (thanks to rrenaud and 1wheel), and it is up to date with nutki's Version 11 script, based on the code in my chrome branch.

I'll probably hold off publishing new features until they are incorporated into nutki's script. The new features will still be available by manually installing from my chrome-new branch.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1153
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »

So, I can't get this extension thingy to work. Probably because I know next to nothing about computers. (But I can learn)

I get a message that says could not load extension, "Manifest is not valid JSON.  Line: 4, column: 2, Unexpected token."

I was kind of proud that I could even find the load unpacked extension button though.
Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Oh hey, you own the chrome store thingy now and it auto-updated. Duh. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:46:08 pm by heron »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 05:08:47 am »
+1

Nutki, could you modify the #vpon thing so that people are unable to turn it off if it's in the title of the game? If you don't want to use it yet know in advance it will be on, you should just choose a different game.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3525
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:21 am »
+1

First, let me say again what a fantastic contribution the log parser extension is.  Thank you, thank you!

Second, have you considered implementing automatch in a form that works through the Goko UI?

I'm envisioning something like this... the extension communicates with a third-party server that tracks who's online and looking for a match.  When a match is found, both players are notified and sent to an empty room.  Better still, the extension has one of the players create a game and the other join it.

I know this would be doable in a real programming language... I'm less confident about what can be done in JS in a browser extension.  :-\
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 03:53:02 pm »
+2

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
is not working.
Although
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
works fine.
Thanks for reporting. This is likely due to XMLHttpRequest anti cross site scripting protection. Although both the old and new goko log sites return responses with proper Allow Origin headers, the redirect response does not, so it silently fails. I think I can work around it. How did you learned about the log archive anyway?

Second, have you considered implementing automatch in a form that works through the Goko UI?
Yes, but that is not likely to happen. First that would probably more complex than what I done so far (somehow depending on the approach, but generally I was thinking along the lines you suggested). Then there is a big problem that it would only work for people actually using the extension (I don't know if that would be feasible otherwise) so there would be hard to get the critical mass of players to move to it.
On top of that I play mostly against bots, so I don't have direct interest in this.

Nutki, could you modify the #vpon thing so that people are unable to turn it off if it's in the title of the game? If you don't want to use it yet know in advance it will be on, you should just choose a different game.
Makes sense, I will consider this.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +673
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 04:21:37 pm »

Also, would there be a way to get an autokick function for quitting %? It's really annoying to sit around and wait for people with low quit % for multiplayer games.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 04:25:33 pm »

Why do you care for quitting percentage? Quits=losses now, so it doesn't matter. I think most quits by players still playing are caused by goko bugs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:58:10 pm by Watno »

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »
+8

Version 12 released, mostly integrating ideas by michaeljb.
What's new:
- Extension settings page - click on 'User settings' below the  'Logout' button (for now you can disable some features of the extension)
- Saving table settings (name, rating type, etc) between sessions
- Pro rankings can be displayed instead of the casual in the lobby list
- Better chrome compatibility (now the user script can be used directly - just save it to a file and drag it to chrome://extensions/, using custom extension is recommended though, always make sure that you have only one copy enabled)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4331
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »

What's new:
- Extension settings page - click on 'User settings' below the  'Logout' button (for now you can disable some features of the extension)
- Better chrome compatibility (now the user script can be used directly - just save it to a file and drag it to chrome://extensions/, using custom extension is recommended though, always make sure that you have only one copy enabled)

Thank you based nutki
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »
+1

Would it also be possible to order players by ranking, so you can quickly see if there are good opponents in the room?

Thx a lot for the new update.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »

Also, would there be a way to get an autokick function for quitting %? It's really annoying to sit around and wait for people with low quit % for multiplayer games.

How high would you set the bar on this? My Quit% is at 6%, presumably because it counts quitting against bots.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 07:05:17 pm »

Because if you play a 3p game and close to the end of the game, the player who is behind the most quit, the game ends with the quitting player losing against the other two, while the other two doesn't get or lose anything. It's really not satisfying at all. About a third of the 3p games I've played* have ended prematurely this way. And I don't like it at all.

*Just a random number I threw in there, I don't have any statistics to back it up, but it feels like it's about a third of the games.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 07:25:52 pm »

I couldn't quite catch this from what you all have been saying, I have the old Chrome extension, what do I need to do to get the new one?

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »

Quit % is not always right. Currently I have a 8% quit rating and I have NEVER quit a game. All those games are from crashes that the surver did not identify as network connection errors or programing errors.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »

What's new:

I'll work on getting the version in the Chrome store updated tomorrow night.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

Quit % is not always right. Currently I have a 8% quit rating and I have NEVER quit a game. All those games are from crashes that the surver did not identify as network connection errors or programing errors.

I have never quit either, but had some games give up on me. But I've only ended up with a 1% quit. The thing is that with the current way of handling disconnects in games with more than two players, I would prefer not to play someone who has a 1/12 disconnect rate if there are other people with lower rates on.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 01:25:07 am »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
is not working.
Although
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120827/log.4fec9f5b30c40b085b22e3fe.1346121458450.txt
works fine.
Thanks for reporting. This is likely due to XMLHttpRequest anti cross site scripting protection. Although both the old and new goko log sites return responses with proper Allow Origin headers, the redirect response does not, so it silently fails. I think I can work around it. How did you learned about the log archive anyway?
From here: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/are_you_seriously_deleting_old_logs#reply_12148676

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »

I have never quit either, but had some games give up on me. But I've only ended up with a 1% quit. The thing is that with the current way of handling disconnects in games with more than two players, I would prefer not to play someone who has a 1/12 disconnect rate if there are other people with lower rates on.
I don't have a bad connection. I use a tablet that runs the android operating system. This is intrperted as a Mobil device by the server. Until May 10th that was not an issue, now 40%+ of my games crash. I have not played a game since my quit % topped 8. I am just frustrated with the site and being penalize for something I have no control over. I guess I just don't want salt added to the wound once I can play again.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »
+1

is not working.
Fixed it. Also put in some new features to the offline viewer as well.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2013, 02:22:44 am »

Extension in the Chrome store is updated.

I've noticed a few issues, I'll look into them. No clue if they're exclusive to Chrome or not.

Sometimes, when returning home from a multiplayer lobby, the "user settings" link isn't there. I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it yet, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.

When creating a new game for the first time in the session, if the cacheSettings include a pro game, you can't actually create the game until changing to a casual game, then back to pro. This was the same problem I encountered when working on this feature myself.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2013, 02:24:38 am »

It (the chrome store) says I already have it, but it's the old version.  Do I have to get rid of the old version somehow then re-download it?

EDIT: I just did removed it and re-got it, but should it have a way to update it still?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:26:15 am by sudgy »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2013, 02:33:37 am »

When looking at your extensions page in Chrome, if you check the box next to "Developer mode", you should see a button that says "Update extensions now." That should do it, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +568
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2013, 02:53:47 am »

Interesting, for me it just automatically updated a couple of days ago on Chrome, which was nice.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2013, 06:14:42 am »

Also put in some new features to the offline viewer as well.
Cool features!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2013, 06:21:36 am »
+1

I don't have a bad connection. I use a tablet that runs the android operating system. This is intrperted as a Mobil device by the server. Until May 10th that was not an issue, now 40%+ of my games crash. I have not played a game since my quit % topped 8. I am just frustrated with the site and being penalize for something I have no control over. I guess I just don't want salt added to the wound once I can play again.

The thing is, and this will probably sound much more harsh than I want it to, but I don't really care for what reason people disconnect. It doesn't matter to me or the game if it's due to device compability issues, connection or people just resigning. If one player leaves, for any reason at all, the game ends. And I don't want that. In 2p games I don't really care about quit %, but in 3p it ruins the experience for me.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:26 am »
+1

Unsuitable custom avatars.
A player is using a naked picture as an avatar, would it be possible to remove it do you think? 
And if it is possible is this something we want to do?

Edit: My concern is not that I personally object to the image, but that goko will get complaints from other users and try to stop us using the extension.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:57:59 am by Rabid »
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2013, 08:03:11 am »

Maybe it works there too, just nobody tested it yet.
http://my.opera.com/operafan2006/blog/2007/02/13/how-to-install-user-java-script-in-opera
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but it's not working.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:18 am »
+7

Version 13 released
What is new:
- fixed problem with staring pro ranked table at the session start
- added a 'ping' sound when a properly ranked player joins the table when using the auto kick mode

Sometimes, when returning home from a multiplayer lobby, the "user settings" link isn't there. I haven't been able to reliably duplicate it yet, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.
That I haven't seen. Is it disappearing from the DOM or it just invisible (you can check that with 'inspect element')?

A player is using a naked picture as an avatar, would it be possible to remove it do you think? 
Yeah, I spotted that when doing backup of my site, I think I will remove it and black list that guy if he does that again. This is exactly why many services do not have completely custom avatars option, you need a moderator then.

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48:43 am »

The thing is, and this will probably sound much more harsh than I want it to, but I don't really care for what reason people disconnect. It doesn't matter to me or the game if it's due to device compability issues, connection or people just resigning. If one player leaves, for any reason at all, the game ends. And I don't want that. In 2p games I don't really care about quit %, but in 3p it ruins the experience for me.
Believe me, if anyone understands I do. That is the reason I stopped playing people. I just don't want to see a number assigned to all games and not be able to play members of this community.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 09:06:54 am »

I don't think the community will stop playing each other. I mean, people are still playing each other even with the rating auto-kick. If the 3p+ issue would be fixed by Goko, I'd happily play people even if they had something like a 40-50% quit rate. I'm not entirely sure about that one, though.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:26 am »

Version 13 released
What is new:
- added a 'ping' sound when a properly ranked player joins the table when using the auto kick mode
AWESOME!
No more keeping people waiting.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:42 am »

When I try to use the Kingdom Generator, it gives, after inputting the kingdom and clicking ok, the error "ReferenceError: set_parser not defined".

I'm using version 13 of the script via Tampermonkey in Chrome. Version 12 worked fine and so far I'm not experiencing any other problems.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2013, 12:49:57 pm »

That I haven't seen. Is it disappearing from the DOM or it just invisible (you can check that with 'inspect element')?

I forgot to check it when I saw it was gone, but I will if I see it happen again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:52:17 pm by michaeljb »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »
+6

Version 1.13.1 for Chrome is published.

- If the the pro rankings option is selected, the rating next to your name and avatar in the top right now shows  your pro rating
- The player list in the lobby is sorted by the displayed rating (alphabetical for same ratings)
- Option to hide the full body avatar at the launch screen
- Option to hide the ad/tutorial/tips box at the launch screen

Additionally, these features are in a feature branch on github, submitted in a pull request to nutki.

Version 1.13.2 published.

- nutki pointed out hiding the ad at the launch screen might be something Goko would frown upon, and they're not really that intrusive anyway, so that's gone.
- fixed a bug where unchecking the pro ratings box would still display your pro rating in the top right of the lobby
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:57:50 pm by michaeljb »

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2013, 05:56:58 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130602/log.512ba416e4b022198f05f8e2.1370210003553.txt

That just happened to me. Where did my cards go? Also, for some reason, my opponent managed to block Bazaar when hitting Possession. Weird stuff.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

I think the Contraband thing is because there's a button that says "See All Cards" or something that lets you scroll through all the Dominion cards, rather than just those in the Supply/BM Deck.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9371
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:07 pm »

This of course just keeps getting better and better and better.  Quick question:  the addon displays Pro ratings for other players, but still displays my casual rating with my avatar... any chance that's likely to change?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 01:08:51 am »

I think the Contraband thing is because there's a button that says "See All Cards" or something that lets you scroll through all the Dominion cards, rather than just those in the Supply/BM Deck.

I know that. But he said he clicked on Possession. I'll have to take his word for it. But yeah, that is a possibility.

Lotoreo

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 09:01:37 am »

I am currently at work, so I can not test this, but I am curious: How does the point tracker handle 3 player masquerade? ;)

The extension is getting better and better, great work there :)
But I would still have 2 suggestions:

Could you add the "live log" to the Options page? When I am watching videos on the same screen, I would rather not have it activated, to save space.

Also, how hard would it be to add a personal "blacklist"? From time to time I encounter players who I definitely never want to meet again. It would be a nice feature if I could save their name in the Options page, and they would be auto kicked ;)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 09:07:02 am »

Masquerade didn't work properly a while ago in 2p games even, but in recent games I think it has always been right.
Was that just coincidence or have you maged to track what is passed and received, nutki?

Lotoreo

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:31 am »

Well, in 2p games I think one has the full information, you know which card you pass and which card you gain. So actually that should work. 3 player sounds like far more fun to implement ;)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:25 am »

Yeah, but it takes information from the text log, which doesn't show what is passed.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 12:32:02 pm »

This of course just keeps getting better and better and better.  Quick question:  the addon displays Pro ratings for other players, but still displays my casual rating with my avatar... any chance that's likely to change?

This is fixed in the latest version for Chrome, and I'm certain it will be included when nutki releases Version 14.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +243
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »

A nice addition would be a big red "X" appearing over any empty Supply pile (or somewhere on the screen if the empty pile is Ruins or 11th Kingdom pile in a Young Witch game). Iso had those and it warned you about 3-pile ending possibility very well. Probably some people may not like it so it should be optional feature.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:43 pm »
+2

any chance for a flashing "your turn!!" in case we tab out of goko?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 11:09:07 pm »

Awesome idea. I love how iso let you go from tab to tab, especially if your opponent had a long megaturn going on or they took a long time with their turns.

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:18 am »

Probably could be done based on the last line of the log, right? If it's your name, then flash the text?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2013, 08:41:07 am »

Or better yet, the ping sound? (Only if you've tabbed out, of course)

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2013, 11:32:21 am »

Or better yet, the ping sound? (Only if you've tabbed out, of course)

This is how Goko's sound effects should work in the first place, but they're broken.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »

Does Goko even run if you're tabbed out?  I know it holds the animations in a queue until you tab back as you get a rush of activity if you were away long enough.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »

Yeah, i noticed that as well.

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »

That's true, but I would imagine that the log file is still created while you're tabbed out--although that may not be the case.

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »
+2

while we're requesting things, any chance at the end of the log file we can get a list of what's in the trash and what's left in the supply, a la isotropic?

BBL

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »

First of all, many thanks to the creators of this awesome extension! :)

This might be a minority opinion here, but would it be possible to add an option to hide the Game Log after start? I am more of a casual gamer and most of the time I do not need the exact tracking, as I am playing duels against bots. Still, I love the option to have some control over the chosen cards in these Quick Matches. So I was wondering, if it would be possible to get the best of both worlds. ;D

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2013, 05:05:37 pm »

Just popping in to say that I love the randomizer customizer. I've been playing a whole slew of games using 2 randomly determined sets and having a blast.

Dubdubdubdub

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:01 am »

I can't seem to change my avatar a second time. The prompt tells me 'avatar saved', but the image doesn't change.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2013, 03:18:01 pm »
+7

This is for theory really if he reads this thread, but I think this should be posted on the main page. I am sure there are a few players who never go to the forums or who only casually check it out, and I think having this on the front page one day will raise awareness of this awesome extension and improve the game playing experience for many more players on Goko.

Dubdubdubdub

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 06:50:14 am »

I can't seem to change my avatar a second time. The prompt tells me 'avatar saved', but the image doesn't change.

I logged in a day later, and the new image is up. i'm happy!

evan-b

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

When I try to use the Kingdom Generator, it gives, after inputting the kingdom and clicking ok, the error "ReferenceError: set_parser not defined".

I'm getting the same issue when I try to use the Kingdom Generator. I'm using Chrome 27.0.1453.110 and  1.13.2 of the chrome plugin from the extension page https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dominion-online-live-log/kaignighoceeemhinbbophdeogpnedjn/related .

My javascript console has this error "[blocked] The page at https://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html ran insecure content from http://dom.retrobox.eu/js/1.0.0/set_parser.js.
 gameClient.html:1"

I'm not sure why.  I thought it might have been a DoNotTrack extension, but I turned that off and it still happens.  If I pasted the javascript form that page into the console, it works. 

Anything I can do to help fix this issue?

And how does this Kingdom Generator even work?  I'm just curious how it interacts with goko.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:43:54 pm by evan-b »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2013, 05:31:24 am »

Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

Putting "5.5k+" in the title only kicks people below 5k.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:20 am »

Try 5500+?
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2013, 06:32:21 am »
+6

Auto kick. You can prevent lower ranked players from joining your table by specifying 'XXXX+' or 'Xk+' in the game title. With the extension present the players ranked lower than X will be automatically kicked out of the table. (since version 11)

I've been having trouble with "2^2^2^2/pi^2+".

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2013, 07:47:10 am »
+1

Try 5500+?

That works, but it forces me to either abbreviate my name or remove the "#vpon" from the title, both of which I'd prefer not to have to do!

That's because only 5 ppl are able to enter such a game.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4368
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2013, 07:52:31 am »

Try 5500+?

That works, but it forces me to either abbreviate my name or remove the "#vpon" from the title, both of which I'd prefer not to have to do!

Actually, I think almost everyone can enter this. It's really confusing without parentheses, but iirc, convention is that exponents like this go left to right (or bottom to top), which makes this 256 divided by pi^2, or just under 26. Of course, the programmer in me wants to make a joke about bitwise operations, but as I'm not that much of a programmer, I can't recall which one ^ stands for.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2013, 08:00:02 am »

As far as I know, a^b^c by convention means a^(b^c), since (a^b)^c is easier written as a^bc.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:05 am »

As far as I know, a^b^c by convention means a^(b^c), since (a^b)^c is easier written as a^bc.
If this is the case, every calculator I have ever used does it wrong. I mean, your way is how I would *like* it to be, it's just not the way I think it actually is.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2013, 08:54:44 am »
+1

Try 5500+?

Actually, I think almost everyone can enter this. It's really confusing without parentheses, but iirc, convention is that exponents like this go left to right (or bottom to top), which makes this 256 divided by pi^2, or just under 26. Of course, the programmer in me wants to make a joke about bitwise operations, but as I'm not that much of a programmer, I can't recall which one ^ stands for.

Interesting, I had always assumed it should be read from right to left.

Having checked it: Matlab returns indeed 256 upon entering 2^2^2^2, but both Mathematica, Wolfram Alpha and Google return 65536. So I do think parenthesis are required in order to make it an unambiguous statement, as any convention stops being a convention when it's not adhered to by at least a significant majority of the major players.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +246
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2013, 10:03:57 am »

It does. I was 5000 and didn't get auto-kicked, then after being crushed a few times, was under 5000, then I couldn't join.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »
+7

Try 5500+?
5500+ and 5.5k+ has both 5 characrters.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »

I logged in a day later, and the new image is up. i'm happy!
It was cached in your browser. Next time clear browser cache and restart browser and you will have it changed right away.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1786
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2013, 12:48:20 am »
+6

Can the point counter be made so that it cannot be turned on after a certain number of turns? I have run into quite a few people who are waiting until critical moments late in the game to turn it on and get the point count. This defeats the purpose of an opponent's ability to turn it off a lot of times.

In addition, I just had a game a couple of days ago against a non-f.ds member who was complaining about this to me before the game began and said he would quit if I turned it on late. Luckily for him, I don't like the idea of having a VP counter, anyway, and never turn it on.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2013, 12:54:42 am »

Can the point counter be made so that it cannot be turned on after a certain number of turns? I have run into quite a few people who are waiting until critical moments late in the game to turn it on and get the point count. This defeats the purpose of an opponent's ability to turn it off a lot of times.

In addition, I just had a game a couple of days ago against a non-f.ds member who was complaining about this to me before the game began and said he would quit if I turned it on late. Luckily for him, I don't like the idea of having a VP counter, anyway, and never turn it on.

Oh, I don't like VP counters either!  I've never seen this happen before, I just never join games that say #VPon (or whatever it says).

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:00 am »
+2

Oh, I don't like VP counters either!  I've never seen this happen before, I just never join games that say #VPon (or whatever it says).
Or you could just, you know, type #vpoff in the chat.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

I feel like that would be mean, I knew it would be there.  Also, I heard that people don't like that anyway, someone asked that they make it a feature that they can't turn it off if it was in the name.

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2013, 01:59:53 am »

The point is that they turn it on at a crucial time to get the score. Yes, I can turn it off at that time, but it's too late because he's seen the score.

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2013, 02:00:42 am »
+5

Didn't the Iso extension have a 5 turn limit where it couldn't be turned on or off after that time? Wouldn't something like that work here, too?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2013, 11:48:51 am »

I've started just including #vpoff in my game names.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »

I have a small request. When the dialog box pops up to allow you to specify kingdom parameters, I would like the text in the text field to already be selected. That way I can type or paste immediately without selecting the text that's already there.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:49:37 pm by LastFootnote »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »
+1

Some small changes...

Version 1.13.3 published
- kingdom generator dialog selects the text
- the live log viewer may be turned off
- duplicate entries in the lobby player list will not be displayed (essentially masking a Goko bug)
- improved the sorting algorithm's performance
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:33:01 pm by michaeljb »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2013, 06:04:23 pm »

Duplicate entries in the player list is not a bug, it means that one player is logged-in two times, e.g. in different tabs.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »

- kingdom generator dialog selects the text

Woohoo! Thanks!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

Duplicate entries in the player list is not a bug, it means that one player is logged-in two times, e.g. in different tabs.

It can also happen when you reload the page. I forgot about the fact that Goko allows multiple tabs, so I just thought it was a bug.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2013, 07:55:55 pm »
+2

Thisthisthis. VERY annoying.

Edit: At the very very least, when it's turned on, it should give a printout in the public chat, so that person using it can't get unblockable information which the opponent *has no access to*.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:57:32 pm by WanderingWinder »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

Version 1.13.4
- bug fix: players join your table, but it appears no one has joined your table (opts.$el was undefined, throwing an error; see the commit for the small code change)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »

The extension stopped working for me today (in Chrome).  Am I alone or has it been shut down somehow?
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43:53 am »

not working for me either.

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2013, 10:55:56 am »
+4

ah. it's by default off--so go to the user settings on the main screen.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:03 am »
+4

Isotropic's logs had something at the top that summarized the end of the game, which included the final scores and why the game ended. It would say something like "Duchies, Mountebanks, and Quarries are all gone" or "Provinces are all gone", etc. I find this helpful when glancing through a log, instead of having to try to piece together what 3 piles emptied. Could this be added to the game log prettifier?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2013, 05:39:51 am »
+11

Version 14 released
What's new:
- merged michaeljb's changes
-- sorting of the player list
-- selecting kingdom generator rule
- improved VP tracker interface
-- #vpon in the game title cannot be overruled
-- setting is locked after turn 4
-- adventures always use VP tracker by default (can be changed in the options screen)
-- #vp? in the chat will show the current score for the players not using the extension

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2013, 07:34:40 am »

The only thing I worry about with this is someone being able to sneak in turning it on right before the locking switches in, effectively making it un-turn-off-able.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2013, 07:58:17 am »
+8

The only thing I worry about with this is someone being able to sneak in turning it on right before the locking switches in, effectively making it un-turn-off-able.
You can always type '#vpoff' preemptively, if you suspect the opponent may want to do this. But agreed, that is not a perfect solution. Maybe I should make the window for '#vpoff' one turn longer?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:50 pm »

Wait - if I #vpoff, does that *stop* them from being able to #vpon in the first place?

This was not something I had considered.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

It does.
nutki, can you predict already wether the extension will work with guilds?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »
+1

Now the extension hides most of the player list, I think only people who are not seated are displayed. This is terrible. Can this be reversed, or at least made optional? (I do like the sorting, but I want to see all players in the room, not only those who don't happen to be playing a game).

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2013, 01:43:47 pm »

Wait - if I #vpoff, does that *stop* them from being able to #vpon in the first place?

This was not something I had considered.

Indeed. I create all of my games with "#vpoff" in the name.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3647
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »

Now the extension hides most of the player list, I think only people who are not seated are displayed. This is terrible. Can this be reversed, or at least made optional? (I do like the sorting, but I want to see all players in the room, not only those who don't happen to be playing a game).

The best solution would be to grey out people in games, instead of removing them completely. Though I'm not sure if that's easy to implement.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2013, 01:51:19 pm »

The best solution would be to grey out people in games, instead of removing them completely. Though I'm not sure if that's easy to implement.
Yeah, taht would be pretty cool.
Maybe also sort the people not in the game to the top?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2013, 02:01:45 pm »

Yeah, taht would be pretty cool.
Maybe also sort the people not in the game to the top?

Please no. Or at least make it optional.

My reasoning is that I often have to wait a couple of minutes for someone with a high enough rating to join my game. This works really great with the ping sound and stuff, so that's no big deal. However, I want to be waiting in a room with at least a few qualified people. I don't care whether they are currently playing a game or not, all I care about is to quickly judge whether a room is worth waiting in, or whether I'll probably have better luck by switching to another.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »

There could be different sorting options, ranking, if they're playing, etc.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2013, 05:57:46 pm »
+4

Version 15 released
Changes:
- fixed disappearing players if pro ratings used with sorting
- added cards from Guilds

That was a bug actually, sorry.

nutki, can you predict already wether the extension will work with guilds?
I added the cards names and types to the formatter and the kingdom generator, so as long as Goko uses the same names that should work. However some problems may occur due some other changes to the client code that will come with the site update, so no guarantees.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:14 pm »
+2

Version 1.15 is in the Chrome store. Just nutki's version 15 plus the needed Chrome extension files.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:58 am »
+1

I've pushed a first pass at a blacklist to a branch, you can install it manually if you like (just make sure you disable the version from the store first). In the user settings popup, there's a little textarea for putting in usernames, one per line (and it is case-sensitive). Blacklisted players will not be visible to you in the player list in the lobby, and will be auto-booted when joining games you host.

I've thought it would also be nice to hide games hosted/joined by blacklisted players, and to hide chatroom messages from them, or maybe make these different things configurable. Thoughts?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2013, 12:52:11 am »

Hide it all.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2013, 12:57:04 am »

Hide it all.

When you put it that way, I feel like I should already have it done, and I should just need to flip a switch   :P

Will work on that, something to keep me awake until Guilds is up on Goko...

update: chat from blacklisted players in the lobby will not be displayed, and fixed a bug where a player would be hidden in the list even after removing them from the blacklist. Still working on hiding tables where blacklisted players are playing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:35:44 am by michaeljb »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2013, 04:18:25 am »

I think the Deck Builder doesn't support Guilds yet (there's no keyword for the expansion, or it isn't "Guilds", nor even the individual cards)

Thx for the update btw.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:20:17 am by Watno »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2013, 04:51:43 am »

Typing "Guilds" gives me an all Guilds kingdom!

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:48 am »

Strange, I get "Error: Unknown card or set: Guilds". It says its version 15 though.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:19 am »
+2

Not sure what was wrong, but it works now.
Small request: Can you add the notification sound when someone joins to games without access limitation as well?

Edit: Also, the vp counter should tell your opponent about the command to check his score when it announces itself.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:32:11 am by Watno »

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2013, 07:21:56 am »

Please add link to this thread to http://dom.retrobox.eu/vp.html so that people without extension can get it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »
+1

I don't think putting #vpoff into my game titles is working anymore. Is that intentional?

joel88s

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »
+1

Wow, thanks so much, this is sensational!

I can't get the Kindgom Generator to work though. The window comes up, but whatever I type in it says Reference Error:set_parcer is not defined. Have only tried this playing againsts Bots so far. Any ideas what my problem is?

[EDIT: And now suddenly it works. Perhaps asking for help fixes the error? Pretty cool code if so.]

[RE-EDIT: And now same problem again. Perhaps announcing the error is fixed re-triggers the error? OK, I'm stumped.]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:00:58 pm by joel88s »

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »
+1

I had the same error. I worked out how to fix it- assuming you're on Chrome too. I clicked the little button to the right in the address bar- it says "run unsafe script" or something. It then crosses through the https bit of the address- but it makes the kingdom generator work...

joel88s

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2013, 06:48:50 pm »

Wow, that totally works! (And yes it's also Chrome.) Great fix, many thanks.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »

Yes, in the Chrome version, the set parser script is loaded from http://dom.retrobox.eu/js/1.0.0/set_parser.js rather than being part of the extension itself (weird issues with how Chrome extension js files are executed compared to Firefox). Just make sure that if you're agreeing to run an "unsafe" script, it's the right unsafe script  :P

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:21 am »

Why don't you make this script part of the GM Firefox Script and Chrome Extension?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:43 pm »

It already is part of the GM Firefox Script. It's not part of the Chrome Extension because of difficulties with how Chrome extensions deal with content scripts...basically the most straightforward way to do that would just be to throw the set parser code right into the main script, which is kind of unwieldy, but since loading it externally is causing problems, it might be worth it anyway.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2013, 03:24:02 am »
+2

Version 1.15.1 published
- the contents of set_parser have been added to the main script to avoid issues some users were having with loading potentially unsafe scripts from other sites
- personal blacklist
-- there is a textarea in the user settings window now; to add players to your personal blacklist, just type in one username per line (case-sensitive)
-- blacklisted players will be auto-booted when joining games you host
-- blacklisted players will not be visible in the player list in the lobbies
-- you will not see chat messages in the lobby from blacklisted players
-- tables/games in the lobby will be hidden if any blacklisted players have joined, unless you have already joined that game. For instance, if someone else is hosting a 3 player game that you have joined, and someone on your blacklist takes the last spot, it will be possible to actually start the game with them. I don't know the best way to handle this case so I figured I'd leave it open and ask the forum. Maybe autoboot yourself in that scenario? Please let me know how you think we should deal with this.

Firefox users who would like to try out the blacklist can get it from my firefox-new branch. No idea what you need to do set it up with Grease Monkey, and it's completely untested on Firefox. Just took all the blacklist-related commits and squashed them down to one.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2013, 04:59:25 am »

It already is part of the GM Firefox Script.
It is not part of it. It loads external script like this:
// @require     http://dom.retrobox.eu/js/1.0.0/set_parser.js

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +446
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2013, 07:54:43 am »

The point tracker/log seems to have suddenly stopped displaying.  I'm not sure if I did something or what, but I'm on Chrome, and the extension is still working to some extent because it displays the automated message when I type #vpon, and the kingdom generator still pops up.

Also, this is awesome, thanks for doing it!

Also, would it be possible to have some sort of auto-on thing for the point tracker when playing bots?  I'm playing with bots a lot and I keep forgetting and it's kinda annoying to type it every time anyway.  :P
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:37 am »

The log has disappeared for me too, don't know what's going on.  If anyone could help that'd be great.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2013, 08:02:47 am »

Did you check in the options screen wether it's turned on (user settings on the main menu)?

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:45 am »

Log stoped working for me as well. I do not see any errors in js console

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2013, 09:20:30 am »

Did you check in the options screen wether it's turned on (user settings on the main menu)?

There is no check box for the in game log from the user settings menu.  So I dunno how to fix it.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2013, 09:21:51 am »
+1

Cool, now I can blacklist Serf Bot!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2013, 10:31:59 am »

hmmm, the log seems to be working fine for me. First you should make sure you only have one version of the extension enabled (if you only ever got it from the store, this shouldn't apply, but if you ever installed one through "Load unpacked extension" it might).

If that doesn't fix it, maybe this could help?
- go to Chrome's Settings
- click "Clear browsing data"
- check "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data"
- reload playdominion.com

This will delete your cookies for other sites too, so you'll lose auto-login info and stuff like that, and since I'm not getting the same problem I'm not sure this will actually fix it...would be easier to help if I was having the same issue... :/

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:14 am »

It already is part of the GM Firefox Script.
It is not part of it. It loads external script like this:
// @require     http://dom.retrobox.eu/js/1.0.0/set_parser.js

Oh. Probably this then:

basically the most straightforward way to do that would just be to throw the set parser code right into the main script, which is kind of unwieldy

Also if you look at the jison documentation, they recommend keeping the generated parser in a separate script.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2013, 12:17:51 pm »

Purging goko cookies had not helped, I do not see how removing all can

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2096
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2013, 12:39:23 pm »

Yeah, I have the same no log problem. The latest update must have broken something...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:15 pm »

Hmm, I can still see the log fine. Weird. I'm on OSX 10.7.5 and running Chrome 27.0.1453.116.

Rabid

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2013, 01:04:45 pm »

Mine wasn't working about a week ago.
User setting something like "show in game log" fixed it.
But that user setting no longer seems to be available.
Twitch

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »

Yeah, that user setting didn't work right, so I took it out after nutki published Version 15. Maybe there's an issue with your user settings because of that? When you're on Goko's site, opening up the Chrome Developer Tools console and typing in "delete localStorage.userOptions" will clear all the options you have saved with the extension, so you'll have to go into the settings window again and rename your created games and whatever else there is. Once again, don't know if that will fix it, I'm kind of just taking shots in the dark here...

Hmm, I can still see the log fine. Weird. I'm on OSX 10.7.5 and running Chrome 27.0.1453.116.

Same.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2096
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »

Mine doesn't work for Chrome 27.0.1453.116 in Windows 7, but it was working yesterday, if that helps.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:15 pm »

I'm on Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m and Windows 8, and I was also working fine as of last night.  I haven't tried deleting cookies or the developer console yet, though.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3328
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »

Seemed to have stopped working for me as well.

Chrome latest and Win 8.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »

Is it just the log that's not working, or other parts of the extension too? Like custom avatar, kingdom generator, lobby pro ranks and player list sorting, etc.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2013, 02:56:00 pm »

Works for Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m and Windows 7.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »

Kingdom generator is working fine, log and VP are not.  Haven't looked at the other features yet.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »

Kingdom generator is working fine, log and VP are not.  Haven't looked at the other features yet.
same here. Is it possible to reactivate the button for the log in the user settings? This should take care of everything

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3322
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »

I'm having trouble changing my picture. I have a PNG of the appropriate size, but when I click submit it tells me "No File Chosen."
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2013, 08:10:21 pm »

Picture works for me.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
+2

Found the problem, will update with fix tonight.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2013, 10:40:42 pm »

If you host an unrated game with a rating requirement, then even people above that rating get kicked.

Dominion Online User Extension 1.15.1
Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Mac OSX 10.8.4
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:07 am »

Version 1.15.2 published
- hopefully fix missing log/vp tracker
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:21:49 am by michaeljb »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3322
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:28 am »
+1

Version 1.15.2 published
- fix missing log/vp tracker

How do I, like, update it to that version.

Explain it like you would to a small child.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2013, 02:19:52 am »
+4

1. Open Chrome
2. Go to your Chrome extensions page (you can type "chrome://extensions" in your address bar)
3. In the top right of the page, it should say "Developer mode" with a checkbox; check the checkbox
4. Now a button should be visible that says "Update extensions now"; click that button
5. Somewhere in your extensions list you should see "Dominion Online User Extension"; next to this, it should say "1.15.2" after updating
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:55:01 pm by michaeljb »

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2013, 02:20:43 am »

Alright, so I just downloaded this. Everything's working except I don't have the log on the right. I have autokick, I can see the avatars, and I can generate kingdoms. When I join a game with #vpon in my title, it says the log is enabled -- yet I can't see it.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2013, 02:22:26 am »

Does your version say 1.15.2, or 1.15.1?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2013, 02:25:16 am »

Ha, I literally downloaded this an hour ago, and 20 minutes later I didn't have the newest version anymore!

I just downloaded the new one, I'll see if that fixes it. Also had cookies disabled and enabled them, although would that affect it?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2013, 02:26:13 am »

Haha, nice timing ;)

I don't think the cookies will affect it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:27 am »

Got it!! Thanks :)

I do miss the black space though, it looked nicer than this does :P

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2013, 02:35:44 am »
+1

Feel free to contribute to the styling!  ;D

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2013, 03:21:36 am »
+3

So in order to help keep track of suggestions/feature requests/bugs/etc, I've gone through the thread again and thrown a bunch of stuff in to github's issue tracker on my repo. As more issues are raised here, I'll try to update there...or if you want, you could always post it there...

https://github.com/michaeljb/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/issues

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2013, 07:46:03 am »

You're a quality individual, thanks!  ;D

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2013, 06:47:53 pm »

I hosted a game named "All sets 3600+ #vpon".  My opponent chatted "#vpoff" at the beginning of the game.  The extension responded with "Victory Point tracker setting locked" and the tracker did not disappear, and it updated throughout the game.  Is this normal?  If I want to allow my opponent to turn off the VP tracker, do I need to chat "#vpon" at the beginning of the game rather than putting it in the name of the game?

Thanks for the extension!  I love the log and the custom avatars (and of course the VP tracker).

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2013, 07:39:29 pm »
+1

Yes, that is normal.

Version 14 released
What's new:
-- adventures always use VP tracker by default (can be changed in the options screen)
-- #vp? in the chat will show the current score for the players not using the extension

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:41:23 pm by michaeljb »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Online User Extension for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2013, 01:48:35 pm »

Any Safari users here?

Version 1.15.2 now available.

Installation instructions:

1. Download the extension (link in my sig)
2. Double click the downloaded .safariextz file
3. When Safari asks if you would for sure like to install it, click "Install" (note: Safari will move the file away from where you originally downloaded it)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:31:29 am by michaeljb »

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2013, 03:18:50 pm »

Yes, that is normal.

Version 14 released
What's new:

That's what I figured; problem is that folks who don't know about the extension (they exist! I've gotten a few "What is that?" when the extension chats about the tracker) don't know that #VPON in the title means anything.

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +137
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:27 am »

Is there documentation somewhere all in one place?

Thanks

tempman

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2013, 12:40:33 pm »
+5

I just downloaded/installed the fire fox version from the first and post and noticed that the card randomizer was not recognizing Worker's Village or any variant I could think of.  I tried searching through the code and noticed that in one place it shows up in the code (line 767) it shows up as "workervillage" with no "s".  I edited this line to "workersvillage" and now it seems to work.

Rabid

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2013, 08:19:32 am »

Version 13 released
What is new:

Yeah, I spotted that when doing backup of my site, I think I will remove it and black list that guy if he does that again. This is exactly why many services do not have completely custom avatars option, you need a moderator then.
Looks like its time for a blacklist.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8163.msg248775#msg248775
Twitch

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1295
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »

Yeah, looks like it's time to deal with that before Goko has to. It's only a matter of time before somebody reports "Goko is showing me porn!" on their official site instead of here, and if they set their minds to fixing that problem, that's not gonna end well for this extension.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »

I just downloaded/installed the fire fox version from the first and post and noticed that the card randomizer was not recognizing Worker's Village or any variant I could think of.  I tried searching through the code and noticed that in one place it shows up in the code (line 767) it shows up as "workervillage" with no "s".  I edited this line to "workersvillage" and now it seems to work.

Could we get this fixed, please? When I randomize Prosperity sets, Worker's Village never shows up.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I've confirmed that Worker's Village is the only card with this issue.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:58:35 pm by LastFootnote »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

Could we get this fixed, please? When I randomize Prosperity sets, Worker's Village never shows up.

The polite way to echo an existing bug report is just to upvote it and wait. Adding information about the bug is always valuable, and bumping an old inactive issue is okay too, but this one's only three days old. I consider myself lucky if a small software company even answers my e-mail in three days.

I'm sure you don't really mean to tell nutki and michaeljb that they're doing a shitty job of fixing Goko for free, but I'd feel a little slighted in their shoes.

PS: The fix that tempman suggests is actually quite easy to implement yourself. In Firefox, just click the GreaseMonkey icon, "Manage User Scripts," "Preferences" for the Log Viewer extension, and "Edit this User Script." Then just change line 767 as he describes.

Edit: This post came out pretty nasty-sounding. That really wasn't my intention. LF is a very polite fellow, and I didn't/don't mean to criticize him personally at all. I really only wanted to make a point of etiquette for the sake of the sanity of nutki and michaeljb and ok, maybe myself too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:08:02 am by ragingduckd »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »
+14

Version 1.15.3
- fix the Worker's Village bug
- new option to always stack the cards in your hand (normally only happens when you have 10 or more cards in hand)

Always stacking is something I've wanted pretty much since Goko had stacking for big hands, and last night I stumbled upon the way to do it. so yay.

- published in the Chrome store
- Safari download from my github is updated
- My firefox-new branch is updated
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:27:14 pm by michaeljb »

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3647
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2013, 04:18:09 pm »
+2

- new option to always stack the cards in your hand (normally only happens when you have 10 or more cards in hand)

This makes me happier than you can possibly imagine.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:57 pm »
+1

Well, at least I know it was happy enough to give me my 1000th respect ;D

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »
+1

The polite way to echo an existing bug report is just to upvote it and wait. Adding information about the bug is always valuable, and bumping an old inactive issue is okay too, but this one's only three days old. I consider myself lucky if a small software company even answers my e-mail in three days.

I'm sure you don't really mean to tell nutki and michaeljb that they're doing a shitty job of fixing Goko for free, but I'd feel a little slighted in their shoes.

PS: The fix that tempman suggests is actually quite easy to implement yourself. In Firefox, just click the GreaseMonkey icon, "Manage User Scripts," "Preferences" for the Log Viewer extension, and "Edit this User Script." Then just change line 767 as he describes.

Yes, this is a very good call. I didn't mean to be rude but I certainly could have phrased it more politely. I did upvote the post with the bug report, but for some strange reason known not even to me I thought it might have slipped through the cracks. Sorry for coming off as a jerk, guys!

Thanks for fixing the bug, michaeljb, and thanks again to you and Nutki for this most excellent extension!

EDIT: Oh, and I did try to fix the Chrome version myself (which is what I use), but although I managed to download the .crx file (which was itself not trivial), my Mac was unable to successfully unpack it with any of my currently installed software. I'm guessing some of the frustration I felt from that inadvertently made my post sound nastier than I meant it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:32:27 pm by LastFootnote »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1096
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2013, 04:33:15 pm »

Version 1.15.3
- fix the Worker's Village bug

Always stacking is something I've wanted pretty much since Goko had stacking for big hands, and last night I stumbled upon the way to do it. so yay.

- published in the Chrome store
- Safari download from my github is updated
- My firefox-new branch is updated
Very silly question - how do I update the firefox extension?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2013, 04:35:21 pm »

Wow, that's awesome! I don't think I'll be using it myself, but that's a sweet feature to have available.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

I...don't know. If I understand it correctly, whenever nutki updates the script at his github page, it will auto-update for everyone using the script with Grease Monkey.

If you manually download the script for Firefox from my github page, there might be a way to use that instead. I don't know though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

I...don't know. If I understand it correctly, whenever nutki updates the script at his github page, it will auto-update for everyone using the script with Grease Monkey.
OK, cool...guess I'll just see if the option to stack cards shows up.  :)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2013, 04:40:47 pm »

If you host an unrated game with a rating requirement, then even people above that rating get kicked.

Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Mac OSX 10.8.4

Seems I overlooked this. Is it still happening?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Mac OSX 10.8.4

Seems I overlooked this. Is it still happening?

Yes, but I just discovered why it's happening. I usually use the rating criterion for pro games, but when the game is unrated the extension is using the casual rating instead. So it's not really a bug, just not the behavior I had expected.

Very silly question - how do I update the firefox extension?
If you manually download the script for Firefox from my github page, there might be a way to use that instead. I don't know though.

The easy-but-inelegant solution is to copy/paste the script michaeljb linked over the existing nutki script. Greasemonkey Icon -> Manage -> Preferences -> Edit opens up the currently installed version of nutki's script, so just replace that code with michaeljb's.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »
+1

I just want to echo this sentiment.  Good job!

Goko Dominion, brought to you by nutki and michaeljb.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »

Ah, I got the script right when I bought the cards I didn't realize the extension was making the noise when someone joins my game.  Is there any way I can adjust the volume of the notification? (other than lowering the volume on my browser preferably) 

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2013, 07:01:42 pm »

I know this might not be possible, but is there any way to fix the issue of when you have too many unique cards in hand?  You can't tell what cards are what, and if someone chats you can't close the chat window.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »
+1

This is awesome.

Would it be possible to also sort the cards? Something like Actions always on right, Treasures next, and Victories (and Curses and Reaction-Shelters) on left? If not, no biggie, but it would definitely make things easier.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2013, 09:35:13 am »

I'd love to see a option enabling the Victory Point Tracker when playing against bots. Just like the option that the VP tracker is enabled when playing adventures.

The option to always stack cards in your hand is very nice!

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2013, 09:41:27 am »

I'd love to see a option enabling the Victory Point Tracker when playing against bots. Just like the option that the VP tracker is enabled when playing adventures.

The option to always stack cards in your hand is very nice!

Create a new multiplayer game and add a bot, that works.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2013, 04:56:34 am »
+4

Technical Update

My branches were an ugly mess, and I believe I have improved the situation :)

My master branch now includes nutki's two scripts, plus a Rakefile and directories with files needed specifically for Chrome and Safari. Rake tasks generate the .zip to publish in the Chrome store and the .safariextz to install in Safari (since there was an issue for some with loading the set_parser externally, the rake tasks take care of inserting the contents of set_parser.js into the main script). There is also a task to turn the base directory into an "unpacked extension" for development in Chrome.

The develop branch includes features that I've worked on myself; at this point, the blacklist, the Worker's Village fix, and the stacking option. I haven't updated the extension in the Chrome store, since it is still functionally the same.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:00:09 am by michaeljb »

D Bo

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »
+1

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't see it. Most times when I'm playing a bot and go to turn on the VP counter it tells me that it's locked. But this doesn't happen every time and I don't remember it happening when I first got the extension. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using Chrome - let me know if you need more details.

Really appreciate all the work that you guys have put into this!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »
+1

The vp setting gets locked around turn 5 (on turn 5/after turn 5, I don't remember for sure). This prevents someone from starting a game without the point counter turned on, then turning it on late at a crucial moment when their opponent might have wanted the counter off for the whole game.

This was an issue for players who prefer #vpoff, but didn't always type it in, so at the start of the game it seemed like it was going to be a no point counter game.

I can look into lifting the restriction if all the opponents in the game are bots.

D Bo

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »
+1

The vp setting gets locked around turn 5 (on turn 5/after turn 5, I don't remember for sure). This prevents someone from starting a game without the point counter turned on, then turning it on late at a crucial moment when their opponent might have wanted the counter off for the whole game.

This was an issue for players who prefer #vpoff, but didn't always type it in, so at the start of the game it seemed like it was going to be a no point counter game.

I can look into lifting the restriction if all the opponents in the game are bots.

Ahhhh that makes sense! I'm sure it's because I forgot to turn it on. I really don't need you to worry about finding a work-around for bots - if I can't remember to turn it on by turn five then that's my own fault. And really, it's a game against a bot. So it's not a big deal.

Thanks!

joel88s

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »

This extension is awesome.

One question, more out of puzzlement than anything: I still can't seem to change my avatar with the latest Chrome version, though I changed it a couple of times before. The page comes up, I select and submit the .png, it says Avatar Saved, but keeps the same (custom) one as before.

I can live with my little Sage, he's not half bad at all, just wondered about it. Does it get sick of you if you try to change too many times?!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:09:29 pm by joel88s »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
+2

So I got an Opera account and tried uploading it to their store, but it rejected the .zip file, saying "No config file in the package. Please include one and try again." My quick searching didn't turn anything up, and I don't want to spend a bunch of time researching this at the moment.

But there is good news! You can download the .zip from my github page and unzip it. Then, in Opera Next 15*, go to the Extensions page (menu bar > Window > Extensions), click "Developer Mode", click "Load unpacked Extension", navigate to the unzipped directory, when you're in the directory where you can see the manifest.json file, click "Select", and then "Dominion Online User Extension" should appear in your list of Extensions. (and yes this is exactly the same thing you can do for Chrome, but since it's in the Chrome store without any problem you don't need to do it in Chrome)

*According to http://dev.opera.com/addons/extensions/ the format for extensions in Opera 11 and 12 will not be supported in Opera 15. Also, Opera 15 happens to be using Chromium extensions, which happily means less work for me :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:19:32 pm by michaeljb »

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5447
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »

Is it OK to request features in this thread?  It would be really handy if the righthand side of the log -- where deck contents and current points are tracked -- tracked current coin token totals.
Well you *do* need a signature...

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2013, 01:23:05 am »

Is it OK to request features in this thread?  It would be really handy if the righthand side of the log -- where deck contents and current points are tracked -- tracked current coin token totals.

They have that at the bottom left of the screen already...

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2013, 01:28:35 am »
+1

They have that at the bottom left of the screen already...
He means on the log prettyfier thing (I think?)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2013, 06:54:37 pm »
+4

small update...

Version 1.15.4
- Stef's shorter URL for this thread (http://goo.gl/4muRB, from this post) is displayed in chat at the beginning of the game
- more info about the VP tracker is displayed in chat at the beginning of the game (typing "#vp?" to display scores, typing #vpon/off before turn 5)

and another technical change in regards to the branches of my github repo...
- features: changes to the actual extension script(s)
- browsers: files dealing with creating the extension packages for other browsers
- master: a merge of features and browsers together
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:56:34 pm by michaeljb »

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2476
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2013, 09:20:00 pm »
+2

my extension has disappeared... I have version 1.15.4, and it is enabled and everything in my chrome web store.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1519
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »
+2

my extension has disappeared... I have version 1.15.4, and it is enabled and everything in my chrome web store.
Yeah I get a syntax error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token } chrome-extension://kaignighoceeemhinbbophdeogpnedjn/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js:1468

Seems like some kind of broken version of this file, because there is a stray parentheses in this code block:

//
// Always Stack module
//
// Goko dependencies:
// - addView API (setting stackCards in that function, value of autoStackCards)
// Internal dependencies:
// - options.alwaysStack
//
FS.Cards.CardStackPanel.prototype.old_addView =
FS.Cards.CardStackPanel.prototype.addView;
FS.Cards.CardStackPanel.prototype.addView = function(view, index) {
    }
    return ret;
};

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2013, 10:07:29 pm »
+2

I've attached the complete version of the Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js that my Chrome has, if that helps.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »

It's gone for me as well.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2013, 12:01:52 am »
+2

It seems to be working fine for me on FF, so this is likely a Chrome-specific issue.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2013, 12:18:18 am »
+5

Heh, it's gotten to the point where I just completely stop playing on goko until it's fixed when something like this happens..

Thanks for making such a great extension! You truly are making my goko experience more enjoyable.

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2013, 01:25:33 am »

I played a few games with it just fine, then it disappeared on me when I clicked on my avatar, didn't have a custom one to upload, then clicked "back to Dominion online". Chrome store says that I have it installed, but it doesn't show in my list of applications.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2013, 01:49:20 am »
+5

Found the problem, should have the fix uploaded within an hour, plus however long it takes to publish in the Chrome store. Sorry guys.

And thanks blueblimp, that was in fact very helpful!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2013, 02:53:09 am »
+5

Version 1.15.5
- fix Rakefile bug

In the package that is created for the extension, set_parser.js is inserted into the main script as some users were experiencing problems due to importing the script from dom.retrobox.eu. Additionally, the lines in the main script that did the importing of set_parser.js were being skpped; however, the skipping was based on line number, and the line numbers that were coded in corresponded to the lines in nutki's Version 15 rather than my latest version.
Now, instead of counting on specific line numbers, it looks for the actual contents of the line to know when to start and stop skipping lines.

ednever

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:05 am »

A question and a small request:

First the question:
Can someone walk me thorough how to chane my avatar? (Not sure if that's related to the extension or not, but it seems to be mentions in this thread)

Second, the request:
Right now chat is a pain. You have to click to open a new window. When you do, it covers your cards. So I pop the open up and down depending on when I want to use it. It means I use it less. A lot less than I did on iso.
Right now the extension gives you a great look at the log on the right. What if that right-hand-space was split into two sections. One the same as it is now, the other (either on top or on bottom) was a chat box. It would not need to be very big as long as you could scroll.

Would that work?

Ed

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2013, 10:46:06 am »

To change yourr avatar:
Go to the Main menu screen (where it says adventures, multiplayer, play against bots..)
Click your avatar face in the very top right corner of the screen.
Rest should be clear when yxou're there.

Regarding chat: That has been suggested before, and I think it turned out there is no (easy) way to do it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2013, 10:52:23 am »
+1

it's working for me now.

This thing is amazing. When I got the extension, I thought all it did was count points and make a pretty log (which is great by itself). I thought all the other stuff, the avatars, card stacking, displaying pro ratings, etc. was just goko improving!

A suggestion:

I don't own any sets on goko, but my pro rating hovers around 5000-5500. So I can join the "4500+" type games, and those usually have cards. So I never host, just join games. I also join pro games that just say "username's game". Most of these have the expansions, but many times I've joined it to see it was all base set, which I don't really enjoy all too much. Would there be a way to display what expansions the player hosting the game has?

ednever

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

To change yourr avatar:
Go to the Main menu screen (where it says adventures, multiplayer, play against bots..)
Click your avatar face in the very top right corner of the screen.
Rest should be clear when yxou're there.

Regarding chat: That has been suggested before, and I think it turned out there is no (easy) way to do it.

Thanks!
I now have my first avatar. I am Sir Vander!

Ed

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:31 pm »
+1

Out of interest, the always-stack-cards option doesn't seem to work on Firefox--and a blacklist feature was mentioned somewhere, but I'm not sure if that was still pre-alpha.  Are these things both on Chrome and not FF?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
+1

Out of interest, the always-stack-cards option doesn't seem to work on Firefox--and a blacklist feature was mentioned somewhere, but I'm not sure if that was still pre-alpha.  Are these things both on Chrome and not FF?
it's set off on default, you have to turn it on under settings on the main menu

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »
+1

I don't even have a setting for it... have tried reinstalling a couple times.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2013, 11:03:38 am »
+1

I don't even have a setting for it... have tried reinstalling a couple times.
Same here.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:04 am »
+1

I think the Firefox version simply hasn't been updated yet.

D Bo

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2013, 02:27:27 pm »

Haven't played in a couple days but now when I go to play a game, the extension has disappeared (no kingdom select or point counter). I use Chrome and I went to get the app again but it says I already have it. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Also I'm kind of an idiot with computers so as much detail as possible to fix is appreciated!

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »
+4

Version 1.15.4 is broken, fixed in Version 1.15.5. If you're not sure how to update it, follow the instructions in this post.

D Bo

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »

Version 1.15.4 is broken, fixed in Version 1.15.5. If you're not sure how to update it, follow the instructions in this post.

You the man, thanks!

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2013, 12:28:59 am »

I'm no programmer, but would it be somehow possible to have a "text mode" like iso?
Thanks.

Edit: also on Chrome, the log is way too big. Maybe that's something on my side. Anyone else have it?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:30:06 am by StrongRhino »

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2013, 02:59:24 am »

the log is way too big. Maybe that's something on my side. Anyone else have it?

You mean too wide? This depends on your screen resolution and the size of the Goko window on your screen. The log width is always the difference of your screen to the Goko window. I think.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2013, 05:16:36 am »

I sometimes have that all of a sudden the log takes up half my screen and the Goko interface is reduced in size. It used to happen quite regularly, but I've encountered it only once (yesterday) during the last few weeks.

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:22 am »

I sometimes have that all of a sudden the log takes up half my screen and the Goko interface is reduced in size. It used to happen quite regularly, but I've encountered it only once (yesterday) during the last few weeks.
This is what was happening to me. I've yet to try it today though.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2013, 11:50:40 am »

I think this happens to me on Firefoix occassionally. Reloadinbg the page fixes it though.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2013, 03:52:11 pm »

This is something that happens with Goko, with or without the extension. I have no idea why.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2013, 05:04:50 pm »
+2

I know why:

Because Goko sucks

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
+10

Feature request: one of the nice features of Iso is that it would beep whenever you had to do something. On Goko it only beeps at the start of your turn. It would really nice if it beeped whenever you need to take action, so that it's fine to look away when, for example, your opponent is taking awhile to decide what to discard to Militia.

nomnomnom

• Swindler
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2013, 11:36:34 am »
+1

Another feature request: Would it be possible to move the chat window thing so that it does not stop you from playing cards? Also this would allow you to have it open all the time.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »
+2

Another feature request: Would it be possible to move the chat window thing so that it does not stop you from playing cards? Also this would allow you to have it open all the time.

This would be nice, and there are a number of other UI elements that ought to be relocated. The current layout makes some horrible compromises for the sake of 6 player games, and displaying avatars, and keeping the whole thing in a 1024x768 footprint.

IMO, it would be a lot better to:

1. Increase the default size for the 90% of web users with resolutions larger than 1024x768.
2. Take advantage of the extra space in 2-player games to display the 11th & 12th cards.
3. Display VP/coin/TR/Pirate tokens and discard piles by default, and show avatars only when clicked, rather than the other way around.

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »

Sorry if this has been explained before but I don't see how to create a custom av.

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:37 pm »

Feature request: one of the nice features of Iso is that it would beep whenever you had to do something. On Goko it only beeps at the start of your turn. It would really nice if it beeped whenever you need to take action, so that it's fine to look away when, for example, your opponent is taking awhile to decide what to discard to Militia.
Seconded!

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2013, 02:58:54 pm »
+1

• Custom avatars. By clicking on the avatar picture in the top right corner of the main dominion page (where you can choose between Adventure, Multiplayer, etc.) you can upload your custom avatar. It will be visible only to other users of the extension script. The uploaded file has to be a png up to 20KB. (since version 3)

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2013, 06:30:52 pm »

Thank you sir!

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1513
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2013, 09:50:33 pm »

1. Open Chrome
2. Go to your Chrome extensions page
  -- in the place where you would normally type "forum.dominionstrategy.com" you can type "chrome://extensions" to take you there
3. In the top right of the page, it should say "Developer mode" with a checkbox; check the checkbox
4. Now a button should be visible that says "Update extensions now"; click that button
5. Somewhere in your extensions list you should see "Dominion Online User Extension"; next to this, it should say "1.15.2" after updating

Might add this to the OP to stave off a few questions.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year

Games (30): Mafia: 17, 21, 24, 31, 39, 43, 67, 72, 86 || Newbie: 7 || RMM: 6, 7, 10, 20, 22, 26, 32, 45 || Blitz: 4-7, X, 17-19, 22, 24 || BM: 14, 19

2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

Town: 47 Games, 24 Wins
Scum: 22 Games, 13 Wins
11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +782
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2013, 04:39:28 am »

I posted this in the wrong thread. Maybe someone can help me here:

Did you change something with the size or the resolution of the log? Because now the normal game window is zoomed in, so i don't see all of it. And if i zoom out manually the log is very small.
Or does someone know, how to change this?
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Vermillion

• Baron
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
    • ISuckAtDominion (NSFW)
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

Every game it prompts me to turn vpon or vpoff. I'd rather not have this dialogue at all.
---------------------------------------------------
I Suck At Dominion. A NSFW and offensive Youtube channel of Recorded Dominion Games. It may give you cancer. http://bit.ly/1cvXLYL

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

There are a whole lot of CORS errors popping up in the JS console. They seem to be from loading avatar images from dom.retrobox.eu, which I don't really understand since the custom avatars do get loaded eventually.

From my JS console:
Code: [Select]
GET http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/50c727dde4b063fd72cb9a8a.png 404 (Not Found) gameClient.html:940
Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy. gameClient.html:1

I'm guessing this could be fixed with a "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" on retrobox, but maybe there's a better solution.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2013, 03:22:45 am »

Feature request: replace base card art with the art from Base Cards. (Seems a little silly that Goko hasn't yet done this themselves. There is a getsatisfaction thread on the topic but it's been 7 months since it got a response.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:24:17 am by blueblimp »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2013, 10:40:10 am »
+1

Feature request: replace base card art with the art from Base Cards. (Seems a little silly that Goko hasn't yet done this themselves. There is a getsatisfaction thread on the topic but it's been 7 months since it got a response.)

Hmm, this brings up the question of what would happen if the extension implemented features that Goko is charging money for?

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2013, 10:54:26 am »

Hmm, this brings up the question of what would happen if the extension implemented features that Goko is charging money for?
I REALLY don't know the american(?) law, so only some thoughts of it:

I think it can't really matter whicht art you see on your screen. I think if we want curses to be blue they couldn't do anything.
Something different can be because of the copyright (but is it forbitten to save proprietary pictures on your computer) or if goko says you may not change the interface (so the whole extension would be illegal).

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2013, 08:39:05 am »

how is the blacklist supposed to work ?
just added a name there but the played could still join my table. ?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
+2

how is the blacklist supposed to work ?
just added a name there but the played could still join my table. ?

Sounds like you're using it right; you just need to add a name there. I just tested it with two accounts on my computer and it seems to work. (I also learned that if you have the game set to "request to join," the blacklisted player is not automatically denied, but even if you accept, they will be auto-booted then.)

My first guess is that you're entering the name incorrectly; Goko player names are case-sensitive, so I left the blacklist case-sensitive as well. The problem with this, of course, is that sometimes it's hard to tell when a username has capital letters...I might be able to add a 'blacklist' button to the little popup that shows the player's record, casual rating, pro rating, and quit percentage (and the 'Kick' button when they're sitting at your table in the lobby) so that it doesn't rely on you typing it just right.

Even though it is pretty unlikely to happen, I ('michaeljb') wouldn't want to be autobooted from someone's game because they didn't want to play with 'Michaeljb,' and I don't want that to happen to other people either, so I'd like to keep it case-sensitive.

I think I'll try to add a button; that way if you do type in the name wrong, you can just click on their avatar in the lobby and blacklist them there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:07:20 am by michaeljb »

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2013, 09:15:46 am »

that sounds nice with the button. but im pretty sure i spelled the name right. the name had a number in it but that shouldnt be a problem right?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:09 am »
+5

Shouldn't be.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:09 am »
+1

Another feature request:

When there's an empty spot in a game that you're not qualified for, grey out the "Join" (or maybe don't show that game at all).
Just to avoid joining games where you will be (auto-)kicked-out anyway.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:59 am »

Where can I write someone in the blacklist?
And does this also prevents me from joining the "wrong" games?

Thanks.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
+3

Feature request: replace base card art with the art from Base Cards.

Replace all art with the prototype art we know from Isotropic!

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +568
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2013, 10:27:43 am »

On the first screen (the one that says adventures, multiplayer etc..), click the words "User Settings". On there is a box that says "Personal Blacklist".
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
+1

On the first screen (the one that says adventures, multiplayer etc..), click the words "User Settings". On there is a box that says "Personal Blacklist".
Not at my extension. I have the one for Firefox. Do I have to update it or something?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »

Not at my extension. I have the one for Firefox. Do I have to update it or something?

FF extension is a few versions behind the Chrome version.  It doesn't have blacklist or auto stacking yet.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »
+8

FF extension is a few versions behind the Chrome version.  It doesn't have blacklist or auto stacking yet.

FF users can download michaeljb's latest script here. As usual, you need to have GreaseMonkey installed.

The problem is that we've lost nutki. :'( All the recent features have been developed by michaeljb alone. His signature has links to his up-to-date Chrome and Safari versions, but his FF link is nutki's old version.

If nutki ever signs on to github again he'll be able to accept all or part of michaeljb's update and still retain creative control of the FF version of the script. That's very polite and probably proper github etiquitte. I'm less polite than michaeljb.

PS: If you find this useful and feel like upvoting, upvote one of michaeljb's posts instead.

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2013, 04:42:29 pm »
+6

PS: If you find this useful and feel like upvoting, upvote one of michaeljb's posts instead.

HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHO TO UPVOTE...

+1

TRY AND STOP ME.

(also, thanks for the info -- as a FF user, I was wondering if we were being left behind...)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:43:59 pm by () | (_) ^/ »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37:10 pm »
+10

That's very polite and probably proper github etiquitte. I'm less polite than michaeljb.
In before decline of civility on github.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile