Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings from SpoeMeister  (Read 3933 times)

SpoeMeister

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Greetings from SpoeMeister
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:29:13 am »
+5

Greetings

I am SpoeMeister. My real name is Sebastiaan. I live in Belgium and I'm close to 27 years of age. I speak Dutch and English fluently and French and German a bit less fluently.

I've fallen in love with the wonderful game called Dominion. That is why I have bought all the expansions, including The Guilds (pre-ordered). I have also bought the expansions for Dominion Online on Goko.

I was wondering if there is a Flemish Dominion Community in the area of Antwerp/Turnhout? I also would like to find an easy and cheap way to store my cards so that I can carry them around.

When I look around the interwebz, it's giving me a kickstarterproject and some ideas that need professional tools to do (or so it seems).

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from SpoeMeister
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:58:19 am »

Check out the Hobby Lobby Wooden Artists case.  It's compact and fits all the cards nicely.  I have all of mine in individual bags and with no modifications it *should* have enough room for guilds...  I'm planning on posting some pictures of it soon.

And Welcome :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:00:17 am by AHoppy »

SpoeMeister

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:19:40 am »

Check out the Hobby Lobby Wooden Artists case.  It's compact and fits all the cards nicely.  I have all of mine in individual bags and with no modifications it *should* have enough room for guilds...  I'm planning on posting some pictures of it soon.

And Welcome :)

Thank you for the tip! I'll be looking forward to your pictures. I am not at all a handyman so an easy but clear method would be awesome!

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:32:15 am »

Yay another Belgian ;D I don't know of any Dominion community in the Flanders, but you might want to check out the Outpost shop in Antwerp. They organize board gaming evenings.

SpoeMeister

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 09:35:06 am »

Yay another Belgian ;D I don't know of any Dominion community in the Flanders, but you might want to check out the Outpost shop in Antwerp. They organize board gaming evenings.

I bought my first Dominion game there (Intrigue)!! I spent a lot of time there playing yugi-oh, so I might as well check it out :-)

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:05:51 am »

I'll let you know when I get them up.  I did a little modifying, but only with paper and cardboard, and even that isn't necessary. 

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:53 pm »

Shameless Plug

...but hey, that might actually be helpful because it uses the Hobby Lobby case linked above (which I recommend). I don't consider myself to be a crafty person either but I think I managed to put something together that looks OK and works very well.

...and welcome to the forums  :)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SpoeMeister

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »

Shameless Plug

...but hey, that might actually be helpful because it uses the Hobby Lobby case linked above (which I recommend). I don't consider myself to be a crafty person either but I think I managed to put something together that looks OK and works very well.

...and welcome to the forums  :)

This is golden stuff!! I'd ask you to craf such a case for me too and I'd pay you, but I see we live on other halves of the world :-)

This week, I will visit my local hobby center to see what I can use that is similar to your thread. Especially the little containers will be handy. Do you guys have any tips regarding sleeves? the good brands? I'd like to hear some opinions before I invest in 3000+ sleeves :-)

Thank you so much already for the given help.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 02:16:25 pm »

Fantasy Flight sleeves (the purple wrapper) work just great for me. I believe you can order them online but I'm too lazy to find a link for you.

I think you can order that box -- I did a lot of looking and I couldn't find anything close to that box that would remotely work, so it may be worth it to go for that box. I hope you can get it shipped to "the other half of the world"

"The little containers" I assume means those plastic containers I store my VP Tokens, etc. in? You can find lots of plastic containers at the craft store, most of them are good for storing paints, but the particular ones I use are for storing beads (and I didn't get them at the craft store).

Glad you like the thread :-)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »

I use the Mayday Games sleeves.  I just have the basic ones, not the premium ones and they have held up pretty well.  Although, I may need to resleeve the VP and money cards...  But I play with them a lot.  My only complaint was the first time I ordered them I had issues with them shipping them (they were out of stock)

SpoeMeister

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

I use the Mayday Games sleeves.  I just have the basic ones, not the premium ones and they have held up pretty well.  Although, I may need to resleeve the VP and money cards...  But I play with them a lot.  My only complaint was the first time I ordered them I had issues with them shipping them (they were out of stock)

63 dollars to sleeve all cards (base + expansions) seems like a very reasonable price! Tonight, I'll be in Outpost Antwerp to see what they have to offer for 59x92 card sleeves ;)

Thanks for the tips

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 09:39:41 am »

yeah they aren't too bad, the only downside was that shipping was a pain... I didn't buy all the sleeves at once so I got hit two or 3 times for shipping...  I didn't know when I would finish collecting all the cards (being a college student) and didn't want to shell out for sleeves I wouldn't use yet.  But otherwise, they're pretty good

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 07:59:36 am »

I finally put up the post about my storage solution here
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.