Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 8 special achievements  (Read 2588 times)

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
8 special achievements
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:41:16 pm »

Typical to my "emperor" style (credit to teasel for that reference)>

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201305/04/game-20130504-153857-192dcd41.html

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
Re: 8 special achievements
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »

... and 5 of which comes from Industrilization. Truth to be told, I cannot really enjoy echoes with cards that can do this. The original draw rules works much better.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »

... and 5 of which comes from Industrilization. Truth to be told, I cannot really enjoy echoes with cards that can do this. The original draw rules works much better.

To be fair, here, four of the achievements he gets from Industrialization could have been gotten from any draw/tuck combo with a splayer.  Sure, this would take longer with Fermenting/Reformation/Invention, but it could be done with cards from base and Age 4.

I think the relevant point is that four of the Echoes special achievements benefit from having lots of cards on your board, where only two of the base achievements do.  And since for most other purposes you want a ton of cards anyway, those Echoes specials become much easier to get.

Frankly, I think the correct answer here is "Industrialization is overpowered in both base and Echoes."
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:00:45 am »

5 achievements in 3 actions ... disgusting

Puzzle time: what is the most number of achievements you can get with a single action?  In base, I can see Industrialization getting all five (Empire, World, Wonder, Monument, and Universe)  in a single action.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:30:49 am »

Industrialization could get all of the echoes achievements with the echo effect on horseshoes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.