Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Medicine + Mapmaking  (Read 2527 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Medicine + Mapmaking
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:50:38 am »
+1

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201305/04/game-20130504-023819-66317b1f.html

For two dogma actions, I take the highest card in your score pile and score a [1]. Which was usually a 10-point swing in this game, which isn't super amazing, but pretty good. Later it would have been very good, but I have trouble maintaining the icon advantage against my opponent's splays, Classification and Industrialization and lose the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Medicine + Mapmaking
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40:47 am »

The extra scoring of Mapmaking, as for Gunpowder, is what makes it sweet (along with the no consolation for opponent), especially in a game with the bottom ages cleared out. From what I gather (it is hard for me following a log without having a board to look at), that wasn't the case here. Against a Fermenting/Reformation vacuum cleaner, this combo might reveal its true power. But then again such an opponent has few high scoring cards to go far (before mounting his bicycle, after which it'll be too late).
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Medicine + Mapmaking
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:16:38 am »

The extra scoring of Mapmaking, as for Gunpowder, is what makes it sweet (along with the no consolation for opponent), especially in a game with the bottom ages cleared out. From what I gather (it is hard for me following a log without having a board to look at), that wasn't the case here. Against a Fermenting/Reformation vacuum cleaner, this combo might reveal its true power. But then again such an opponent has few high scoring cards to go far (before mounting his bicycle, after which it'll be too late).
I was scoring [3]s and [4]s with Mapmaking's second dogma effect, that's not great, but not bad either.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.