Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fast tech vs Compass saves the day  (Read 2198 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Fast tech vs Compass saves the day
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:46:34 am »
+1

A game I played against Kirian.
http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201305/02/game-20130502-213034-127dc8d0.html

Compass
Green
Crown Crown Leaf
I demand you transfer a top non-green card with a Leaf to my board, then transfer a non-green top card without a Leaf to your board.

Game highlights:
  • Kirian techs like mad with blue cards, going Writing > Math > Printing Press (Reformation) > Atomic Theory > Evolution to meld Satellites (Age 9) on turn 12. However...
  • My Compass does some serious work this game. It steals Lighting on turn 11 while I'm still in Age 3, and one dogma jumps me from 7 to 28 points. It also steals Fermenting on turn 10.
  • It then it steals Reformation on turn 14, AND I use it to block his Mobility (which was about to blow me back down to Age 3) with a forced transfer of Engineering. I use the Reformation to achieve Monument the next turn.
  • He Computerses into The Internet on his own turn 15, which nets him 3 special achievements in one turn. I remark "you sure are playing with fire there."
  • This turns out to be prophetic. The next turn he Roboticses into Bioengineering, ending the game in a win for me, one turn before he could've drawn out for the win.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:49:52 am by ycz6 »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: Fast tech vs Compass saves the day
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:55:12 am »

This was a really fun game.  I still need to memorize the 10s; I had totally forgotten about Bioengineering.  I would have been better off spamming AI (Software was already scored) or just drawing.  Alas!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.593 seconds with 20 queries.