Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unable to log into GetSatisfaction forum  (Read 2259 times)

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
Unable to log into GetSatisfaction forum
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:28:51 pm »
+1

Hey guys, I need help from one of you to report a forum bug. Can one of you post this on the GetSatisfaction forum for me?

I can't log into the GetSatisfaction forum. I have an account set up via Google login, but when I attempt to log in, it gives me a message that it's sent me a code and I need to enter it to continue. I never receive a code (including in my spam folder).

I can't sign up by other means because it says my email is already taken (by the Google login).

The email contact system leads to a black hole (either nobody is responding or the email just doesn't go anywhere).

This needs to be fixed. Bugs in the bug reporting system are incredibly frustrating, and also very difficult to diagnose since they are typically unreportable. This is why I need your help reporting it.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to log into GetSatisfaction forum
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »

I can't log in for a different reason.  I have a getsatisfaction account which I have used before, but when I try to log in now it opens a pop-up asking me to enter my details, tells me I've logged in, and then just sits there without telling the main page about it.

I can't say it's worrying me.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile

jqs

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
    • Goko
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

Hi,

One of the reasons this happens is if your G+ account doesn't send us your email address as part of the authentication. GetSatisafaction only works off of email addresses but Goko allows you to login via different methods (some of which don't give an email address to us).

I've spoken to the GetSatisfaction people about this and we're trying to figure out a work-around but it likely involves us having to figure out a way for you to provide an email address to GetSatisfaction even though you logged in via OAuth (facebook/G+/Twitter) where potentially no email address was provided.

Thanks,
John Q.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:30:06 am »

I have this problem too.

Workaround is to log to GetSatisfaction with "previous Google account".
Log In -> Click here if you already have a Get Satisfaction account -> Google -> Login with Google -> Welcome YourRealName -> Profile Information -> fill Goko username to Nickname and hide Real Name

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:26 pm »
+4

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.