Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: So the new Hinterlands cards are coming out... thoughts?  (Read 104487 times)

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
Re: So the new Hinterlands cards are coming out... thoughts?
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:08 am »

Thoughts: I think my rating's going to tank while I experiment while the new cards, but it's going to be a whole lot of fun in the process ;D

mischiefmaker

• Golem
  • Respect: +108
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2011, 02:03:25 pm »

^ this for sure. Mine's already on its way down. So many shinies, must buy! Must buy! Oh wait...it's turn 20 already? Oops. gg.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:56 pm »

Thoughts: I think my rating's going to tank while I experiment while the new cards, but it's going to be a whole lot of fun in the process ;D

Me too.  I may lose by opening Farming Village/Tunnel, but at least I'll lose in style!  (I did lose.  It was close, though!)
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2011, 04:18:43 pm »

I seem to remember that after cornucopia my ranking went down because I didn't get to play with the cards until everyone else had a week's practice. At the moment my ranking is going up, probably by my ignoring these fancy new cards.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »

I seem to remember that after cornucopia my ranking went down because I didn't get to play with the cards until everyone else had a week's practice. At the moment my ranking is going up, probably by my ignoring these fancy new cards.

I think this is good evidence that Cornucopia had a lot of strong cards that you really want to integrate into your strategies ASAP whereas Hinterlands has a lot of trap cards that you can do very well avoiding. :P
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »

I just want to echo that Hinterlands seems like a set designed for serious Dominion players rather than casual gamers. I don't have a problem with that—all of the expansions before this, with the possible exception of Alchemy—are relatively easy to figure out for a casual player. But, I would not recommend this set to someone right now until they are very familiar with the earlier sets and want another dimension of challenge.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.