Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192151 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1300 on: July 02, 2013, 06:20:11 pm »

Reasons for voting EFHW: 
1)  I have the same general feeling about EFHW in this game I had in Shakespeare, where she turned out to be scum.  This is hard to quantify, since it's a feeling.
Reasons to not vote EFHW:
1)  Ash is tunneling this case hard, and I have somewhat of a scum read on Ash.

So all in all, not strong reasons on either side (I don't buy the "scumslip"), but that doesn't mean I should vote for EFHW.

Reasons for voting Eevee:
1)  Does have a history of flipping reads in relatively short time periods.  Spiritbears and Mail-mi were the two biggest to stand out for me.
2)  I have a general feeling that Eevee is town, which is the same feeling I had in mean girls.
Reasons for not voting Eevee:
1) I have a general feeling that Eevee is town.

So I have the same feelings about two different players that I had in others games, and both of them were scum in that game.  I think if my only basis for voting EFHW is the similarity of the read, I should vote Eevee instead, as I'm more convinced by points others have brought up and don't trust the player driving EFHW's wagon the hardest.

Vote: Eevee

(Another suspicious thing Xeiron did, while I'm here:  As soon as I asked him for some names, he immediately threw out four names!  That's a lot!  But when TA and I asked him why he had those names, he disappeared!)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 02, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »

I just finished re-reading EFHW, and I really just have an exceptionally hard time reading her.  The oddest thing for me is saying that she has a null-read on Ahoppy #1194, but her last post about Ahoppy was in #651 where she describes him as scummy.  Why the change?

Why only call her out on AHoppy and not shraeye too?  She did a complete 180 on him but actually made a decision on AHoppy rather than leaving him at null.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 02, 2013, 06:44:00 pm »

I just finished re-reading EFHW, and I really just have an exceptionally hard time reading her.  The oddest thing for me is saying that she has a null-read on Ahoppy #1194, but her last post about Ahoppy was in #651 where she describes him as scummy.  Why the change?

Why only call her out on AHoppy and not shraeye too?  She did a complete 180 on him but actually made a decision on AHoppy rather than leaving him at null.

It's just what stood out to me upon reading her posts.  Did she ever answer why she changed her views on Shraeye?  If she did, that could be a reason why I didn't ask about it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:30 pm »

So basically Nkirbit, you're voting Eevee for flipping his reads, particularly on SB and mail-mi?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 02, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »

Argh, generalizations are bad matey!

Yeah, that's what I always say when I hear them too.

;D Exactly, dahling.

I'm intrigued at where we're at.  I think I'm ready to cast my vote, but just in case...

Official vote count, please.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 02, 2013, 06:48:58 pm »

I'm flipping between EFHW and Eevee because I really have no clue.  I really don't.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 02, 2013, 06:49:58 pm »

Eevee is at L-2, I believe.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 02, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »

Why no AHoppy?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 02, 2013, 06:50:32 pm »

OK, kermit is trying to detract from AHoppy's case by voting for...who?  EFHW or Eevee, he keeps flipping and flopping between the two.  He notes EFHW natural switch from null to scummy but completely missed her turn-around on shraeye.  He's doing everything he can to get anybody BUT AHoppy lynched. 

Vote: AHoppy again, but would consider a kermit vote if it gained traction.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »

Seriously, AHoppy is a good lynch, I don't see why people are dismissing it so quick.

I am dismissing it because I have reason to believe he leaked information that would more likely come from a town member than a mafia member.  If he were to claim at some point, depending on what he claimed, I would immediately support the lynch or say why I'm strongly opposed to it.  But until then, my best action is to oppose it, I believe.

This is why.  I am having second thoughts about this though:

The information that I believe he possesses is information I think is likelier for a town to have than scum.  But if scum had the info, they would have shared it N0, so I'm not quite sure if town is likelier to have it than 3 scum players.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »

OK, kermit is trying to detract from AHoppy's case by voting for...who?  EFHW or Eevee, he keeps flipping and flopping between the two.  He notes EFHW's natural switch from null to scummy (on AHoppy) but completely missed her turn-around on shraeye.  He's doing everything he can to get anybody BUT AHoppy lynched. 

Bold part added because I can't think in thoughts.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:43 pm »

OK, kermit is trying to detract from AHoppy's case by voting for...who?  EFHW or Eevee, he keeps flipping and flopping between the two.  He notes EFHW natural switch from null to scummy but completely missed her turn-around on shraeye.  He's doing everything he can to get anybody BUT AHoppy lynched. 

Raerae:  If you want, I can say specifically why I am having doubts about Ahoppy.  But I don't think you want that.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 02, 2013, 06:54:20 pm »

The information that I believe he possesses is information I think is likelier for a town to have than scum.  But if scum had the info, they would have shared it N0, so I'm not quite sure if town is likelier to have it than 3 scum players.
What.  Those two sentences say directly contradictory things.  You think town is likelier to have it according to #1.  But in #2, you say taht you are not sure if town is likelier to have it than a scumteam.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 02, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

Shraeye, two reasons why I'm hesitant and why I prefer Eevee:

1) I have a town read on Nkirbit, and Nkirbit has reason to believe Ahoppy is town based off his leaked info.

2) I just think this might be how Ahoppy plays, and that he's not all that used to scumhunting, and goes off of stuff other people generate. That's just a different way of playing, and not necessarily scummy.

The idea of lynching lurkers is that they're scared and they stay back and are afraid to post normally, right? Well, if the person posts the same amount and hunts the same amount as they did when they were town, this argument loses traction.

Don't get me wrong, he's definitely not the worst lynch, and I'm slight scum on him (although less so after nkirbit's info), but I think Eevee is more likely to flip scum.

I'd still lynch Ahoppy over EFHW, though.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 02, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »

Raerae:  If you want, I can say specifically why I am having doubts about Ahoppy.  But I don't think you want that.

Don't you dare claim.  Don't you dare. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 02, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »

Nkirbit,

Ahoppy's leaked information came out ages ago. Why have you only professed having a town read on him due to it now?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »

1) I have a town read on Nkirbit, and Nkirbit has reason to believe Ahoppy is town based off his leaked info.

Why do you have a townread on nkirbit.  And what do you think about nkirbit's last post that really calls into question the validity of his townread on AHoppy?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:57 pm »

What.  Those two sentences say directly contradictory things.  You think town is likelier to have it according to #1.  But in #2, you say taht you are not sure if town is likelier to have it than a scumteam.

Previously, I had said that any one town member is likelier to have the info than any one scum member, and that's true.  But the thing I hadn't considered previously is that scum will be sharing their info N0.... so I am unsure upon considering that whether having that info would likelier indicate town or scum.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »

Previously, I had said that any one town member is likelier to have the info than any one scum member, and that's true.  But the thing I hadn't considered previously is that scum will be sharing their info N0.... so I am unsure upon considering that whether having that info would likelier indicate town or scum.
What. So now your AHoppy townread is based on old thought processes that you yourself are reconsidering, yet you aren't changing your AHoppy read?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 02, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »

Nkirbit,

Ahoppy's leaked information came out ages ago. Why have you only professed having a town read on him due to it now?

Looking back, you posted your reads list AFTER Ahoppy's leaked info, and still had him as slight scum.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 02, 2013, 06:59:17 pm »

Nkirbit,

I didn't think about it until recently.  I mean, I thought about it at the time, but came back to it later when Ahoppy was looking like a viable lynch and reconsidered my conclusions.

I can go ahead and say what I know, if you'd like.  It's only guesses about Ahoppy.. nothing I claim will for sure reveal anything about any of his roles.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 02, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »

What. So now your AHoppy townread is based on old thought processes that you yourself are reconsidering, yet you aren't changing your AHoppy read?

I am thinking through my Ahoppy read at this point.  I had him as scum originally, thought through my info again, thought it was towny, and am continuing to think it through as we speak.  It's only been a few hours since I came up with the town read, and you questioning it is making me rethink it.  I am not sure about any of this.. it is merely speculation.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 02, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »

Nkirbit,

I didn't think about it until recently.  I mean, I thought about it at the time, but came back to it later when Ahoppy was looking like a viable lynch and reconsidered my conclusions.

I can go ahead and say what I know, if you'd like.  It's only guesses about Ahoppy.. nothing I claim will for sure reveal anything about any of his roles.

No, absolutely don't. He's not close to a lynch yet, and even if he gets to L-1 it may not be worth it even then. But for now, 100% absolutely no.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:04 pm »

Why do you have a townread on nkirbit.  And what do you think about nkirbit's last post that really calls into question the validity of his townread on AHoppy?

While I disagree with Nkirbit on Xeiron, I think his views there are very logical, straightforward, and genuine, is the biggest thing. I had trouble reading him early when he was mostly doing catchup posts but now that he's been active he seems to be genuinely trying to scumhunt, and I've agreed with a lot of his logic (mostly on Xeiron, once again)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:38 pm »

Don't understand it TBH.

Nkirbit can you clarify this?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.