Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 194512 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1175 on: July 01, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »

Ash, you are in hardcore tunnel mode though, and not looking at things objectively. It's clear EFHW is in super scramble mode already, that's just an indication of that.
Wait, I don't understand what you're talking about.  Are you saying that EFHW is scum? Or that ashersky is tunnelling too far?  Those seem like opposite ideas.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 01, 2013, 10:28:30 pm »

or I'd vote for nkirbit as well.  I really think the current EFHW trend is silly.
Ashersky called her out for a "scumslip" that I don't see whatsoever, ash also claimed that EFHW's calm reaction to xeiron's plan is scummy, but that seems really silly.
So normal reactions should be shock, anger, worry, disbelief, suspicion...except from scum, right?  EFHW was way too calm.
I don't get this at all.  Wouldn't scum be the players who react with nitpicking worries, and disbelief.  I think scum is much more likely to be very worried that xeiron's plan will work, and not be as calm.

Also, I think the confusion about the no-lynch business came from people saying earlier that EFHW was staunchly against no-lynch, and then EFHW clearly thought they were talking about this quote:
re: theorel's idea, what if we reverse it.  I say an item I have that is not obviously a great role (I don't say penicillin or shiny badge!) and if you think your item would be a good match, you share it with me.
July 3rd is fine.
No lynch is a bad plan, but could be an ok outcome if we get to deadline and are nowhere.  But does that ever happen?
and explained it.
Then people looked at a different quote and miscommunication happened.
This is correct

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:38 pm »

Ash, you are in hardcore tunnel mode though, and not looking at things objectively. It's clear EFHW is in super scramble mode already, that's just an indication of that.
Wait, I don't understand what you're talking about.  Are you saying that EFHW is scum? Or that ashersky is tunnelling too far?  Those seem like opposite ideas.
I'm saying that even if EFHW is scum, ashersky is being way unfair to her, just spinning everything she does into evidence of her being scum. Even if she is scum, it's not like her choosing lighthouse as her avatar or her being worried of being todays lynch are indications of that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »

or I'd vote for nkirbit as well.  I really think the current EFHW trend is silly.

Ashersky called her out for a "scumslip" that I don't see whatsoever, ash also claimed that EFHW's calm reaction to xeiron's plan is scummy, but that seems really silly.

So normal reactions should be shock, anger, worry, disbelief, suspicion...except from scum, right?  EFHW was way too calm.
I don't get this at all.  Wouldn't scum be the players who react with nitpicking worries, and disbelief.  I think scum is much more likely to be very worried that xeiron's plan will work, and not be as calm.

Also, I think the confusion about the no-lynch business came from people saying earlier that EFHW was staunchly against no-lynch, and then EFHW clearly thought they were talking about this quote:
re: theorel's idea, what if we reverse it.  I say an item I have that is not obviously a great role (I don't say penicillin or shiny badge!) and if you think your item would be a good match, you share it with me.

July 3rd is fine.

No lynch is a bad plan, but could be an ok outcome if we get to deadline and are nowhere.  But does that ever happen?
and explained it.

Then people looked at a different quote and miscommunication happened.

Not sure one vote is a trend.

I'm not at all surprised that shraeye disagrees with me.  We have very different ways of scumhunting, and very different belief systems for how to play the game.

I think Eevee's point, that EFHW is now scrambling, is valid.  His point that I am now tunneling, is also valid.

If there were another compelling case out there, I might be swayed to consider it.  But I've yet to see a strong (in the D1 sense of the word) case made on anyone.

Xeiron?  Nope.  Any of the other foregrounders?  Nada.  LALL?  Not compelling in the face of actual scum cases.  So really, what else is there?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 01, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »

If you think he is being unfair, why did you vote for me?

I think we have a real scum candidate in Eevee here.  I wish I had Ashersky's talent for case pushing, because I think this could be the real deal.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 01, 2013, 10:31:44 pm »

If there were another compelling case out there, I might be swayed to consider it.  But I've yet to see a strong (in the D1 sense of the word) case made on anyone.
Xeiron?  Nope.  Any of the other foregrounders?  Nada.  LALL?  Not compelling in the face of actual scum cases.  So really, what else is there?
This is pretty much how I feel about EFHW too. Well, I'd put Ahoppy and shraeye on top of the "my individual biggest suspects" list.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 01, 2013, 10:32:53 pm »

Vote: AHoppy

There's too much speculation and crazy around everybody else and we need active contributors.  I'd like to get the dead weight out of the way and see where the dust has settled tomorrow.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 01, 2013, 10:33:16 pm »

Sorry guys for being absent, I've been on vacation.  I am way behind and slowly working my way back up... Here's a few thoughts I have through page 38.  I'm going to continue reading the last 10 pages to catch up (I was like 25 behind... why such the talkative D1? Kinda a pain to read...) So I'll vote when I catch the rest of the way up, but I want to post what my thoughts are thus far.:

Eevee:  He's looking pretty scummy to me.  Why?
-He asks Mail-mi why he (mm) has a scum read on eevee
-The instructions on how to read him.  To me, it looks like he's trying to WIFOM us, and I really don't like it.
-around post#599, ash and eevee were basically saying they found eachother towny.  Ash was saying that if eevee is scum, he's playing scum badly, and eevee says he thinks ash is town.  The whole interaction between them doesn't sit well with me.  Just feels too convenient that they make up and see eachother as town after ash tunneled eevee (I think that's what happened, I should have written this down right when I thought of it)

nkirbit:
-I don't give towncred to calling out your post like eevee did, like others later, I think it was a good way to direct scum to information in the post.  You say that you couls just tell them tonight in the scum QT, but what if the information is useful now?  what if you want to direct scum into setting up a mislynch on me?  I don't buy it as a towny move.
-Overall, I can't make a decision on nkirbit this game.  In mean girls, it was pretty obvious that he was town.  Here, not so much.  Granted, earlier he stated that he wasn't as interested in this game due to another one, but still, Something feels different about him here.

Xerion:

EFHW:
I'm pretty convinced by the scumslip that ash points out.  Previously, it had been mentioned that stealing items could be possible, but nobody said that it was something that actually exists in this game.  EFHW seems to think that the combinations scum can make will cause them to steal items, and I don't see anything that would make EFHW think that this is something scum can get.  Or something that scum doesn't already have.  Just seems like he has information the rest of town doesn't.

Mail-mi:
-He looks scummy, like others have said.  Few, short posts.  Not very meaty.  But I like his re-read of xerion.  Doesn't give him towncred or scumcred.  I agree with others on it, I don't think I need to reiterate what others have said about it.  Also, this looks like town mail-mi, if mean girls was any indication

Spiritbears:
-Still see him as a big scum read.  He still hasn't answered me from earlier, except his apology.

PPE: so 118 new posts... but I still want to get these thoughts out there so I have some reads down before the soft deadline (I just hope it's not already decided).  Sorry, vacation makes it hard to keep up with mafia.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 01, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »

Eevee!  Your gambits early on were intended to draw out scum.  I guess you aren't pulling a gambit now, but I think it's worked anyway.  He's jumped on this wagon with very little of his own content, not even saying what of your case he agrees with. 

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 01, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

Edit:
forgot to put down stuff about Xerion.  I don't like the way he looks so far (through page 38).  Scum read on him.  I don't really have anything to add to the discussion on him, just that he looks scummy.  People have already said pretty much everything...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: July 01, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

If you think he is being unfair, why did you vote for me?

I think we have a real scum candidate in Eevee here.  I wish I had Ashersky's talent for case pushing, because I think this could be the real deal.

I'd note that crazy unfair tunneling is a valid scum hunting tactic.

It doesn't work on everyone, of course.  Like, I wouldn't use it on spiritbears, given I don't think he'd react to it very well.

But generally, it can find chinks in scum!armor.  Some people built meticulous, quote-based cases.  I don't.  I go with gut and feel and words and stuff.  Annoying to some (like shraeye), but helpful nonetheless.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 01, 2013, 10:36:00 pm »

Edit:
forgot to put down stuff about Xerion.  I don't like the way he looks so far (through page 38).  Scum read on him.  I don't really have anything to add to the discussion on him, just that he looks scummy.  People have already said pretty much everything...

I'd suggest reading up to now before posting again...X has said some "stuff" and spiritbears is dead.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »

I agree that unfair tunneling can be a valid scumhunting tactic, and I even said this when ash was unfair tunneling me. Like, I think EHFW's reactions to it would read towny to me if she was town. At least often enough to make lynching her better than drawing this day out any longer.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:15 pm »

Not sure one vote is a trend.

I'm not at all surprised that shraeye disagrees with me.  We have very different ways of scumhunting, and very different belief systems for how to play the game.

I think Eevee's point, that EFHW is now scrambling, is valid.  His point that I am now tunneling, is also valid.

Well, mail-mi and Eevee are also voting EFHW, and other than xeiron, who would be a classic terrible claimedPR lynch, she is the biggest wagon.

And viscerally, it seems like we're entering that sort of frantic-post-frequency where people (scum and townies who are just trying to finish a mega-day) are most likely to just jump onto whatever wagon looks big.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:19 pm »

I always sound defensive when I'm defending myself.  But you jumped on a wagon you agree is unfair, and since then you have been spinning everything I say to sound scummy.  This is not your way as town.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:24 pm »

Like, I think EHFW's reactions to it would read towny to me if she was town. At least often enough to make lynching her better than drawing this day out any longer.
What what what??  This implies that you don't find EFHW towny, but only because you know she's not town.  That is suspicious as all getup.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »

Well, mail-mi and Eevee are also voting EFHW, and other than xeiron, who would be a classic terrible claimedPR lynch, she is the biggest wagon.

And viscerally, it seems like we're entering that sort of frantic-post-frequency where people (scum and townies who are just trying to finish a mega-day) are most likely to just jump onto whatever wagon looks big.

Fair enough.  We still need 7 to lynch, even having lost sb.  My best guess is it comes down to EFHW or Ahoppy.  That's scummy-to-some vs. lurker.

Breakdown seems to be:

EFHW: ash, mail-mi, Eevee, Ahoppy
Ahoppy: shraeye, raerae, EFHW

That leaves chairs, nkirbit, TA, Xieron, and theorel to take sides.  (Note, I put the two prospects on each other wagons, since I assume they prefer the other to themselves).

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:55 pm »

The "you" in my post was Eevee.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »

Like, I think EHFW's reactions to it would read towny to me if she was town. At least often enough to make lynching her better than drawing this day out any longer.
What what what??  This implies that you don't find EFHW towny, but only because you know she's not town.  That is suspicious as all getup.

I think you have it backward.  I think Eevee meant:

"If EFHW was town, her reactions [to ash's unfair tunneling] would read towny to me."

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »

I am not on Ahoppy's wagon.  I am null on him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

I always sound defensive when I'm defending myself.  But you jumped on a wagon you agree is unfair, and since then you have been spinning everything I say to sound scummy.  This is not your way as town.
I'm not saying the wagon is unfair!!

I'm saying reading you twisting my words earlier as evidence of you being scum is unfair.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »

I am not on Ahoppy's wagon.  I am null on him.

I'm assuming though, if it comes down to you two at deadline, you will vote for him over yourself.  That was what I was trying to capture.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »

I don't follow?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 01, 2013, 10:44:20 pm »

I think you have it backward.  I think Eevee meant:

"If EFHW was town, her reactions [to ash's unfair tunneling] would read towny to me."
`
Right, this!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 01, 2013, 10:46:21 pm »

Right, my mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.