Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192200 times)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #975 on: July 01, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »

This doesn't look like a scumslip to me.  Why did I end up reading at least a page worth of posts about semantics?  It looks pretty apparent that EFHW is talking about the possibility of something happening, and it looks like speculation, not knowledge.

I disagree.  That's all.
I don't get why you would find efhw scummy for discussinG something TA brought up!  That seems to have gotten lost in your semantics debate...

Why does it matter that TA brought it up initially?  He's not finding EFHW scummy because she brought up the possibility, he's finding EFHW scummy because he thinks EFHW is talking about it not like it's a possibility, but like she already has info that such a power is in the game.
Let me get this right...you defend scum and tunnel town eh?
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 01, 2013, 12:49:16 pm »

TA is without a doubt scum. What has he done the entire game except tunnel me? Oh that's right, another bad case...

If you read the thread, I'm sure you will find a lot I've done D1. Just because I've had you as my top read for most of the day does not mean I haven't been forming other reads and commenting on other cases.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 01, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »

This doesn't look like a scumslip to me.  Why did I end up reading at least a page worth of posts about semantics?  It looks pretty apparent that EFHW is talking about the possibility of something happening, and it looks like speculation, not knowledge.

I disagree.  That's all.
I don't get why you would find efhw scummy for discussinG something TA brought up!  That seems to have gotten lost in your semantics debate...

Why does it matter that TA brought it up initially?  He's not finding EFHW scummy because she brought up the possibility, he's finding EFHW scummy because he thinks EFHW is talking about it not like it's a possibility, but like she already has info that such a power is in the game.

Once again, if Nkirbit is town, and you are town, he DOES NOT KNOW YOU ARE TOWN!!!!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 01, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »

I disagree.  That's all.

What?  Who am I even defending here?  I'm just saying if you think Ash's case is based on EFHW being the one to bring up the possibility, you're wrong, because that's not his case.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 01, 2013, 12:53:23 pm »

I did answer these questions (except the last one) I don't have to repeat myself for your satisfaction. That you keep claiming I didn't is a flat out lie...and remains my number one reason for you being scum
As for question 3, I am not in favor of lynching either. As both are not hiding in the background. I did have a scum read on shrae earlier (you would know this if you wetent tunneling a bad case)...but I'm null-town now. Efhw is town. I don't think ash is right about any "scumslip" when have we ever been right about scumslip?!?! Except when robz made a horrible mistake.  It just doesn't happen often and more often it's town we jump on for the supposed slip.
So go ahead tunnel away
I will continue to call out your aggressive when you push lies and call them a case

No, everytime I've asked these questions, you have said "I don't need to answer them, your case is so obviously ridiculously and wrong!!"

If you HAVE answered them, please quote the answers. It's a long thread, and I looked and didn't find them. Regardless, why is answering them again if you're town such a bad thing. Shouldn't you WANT to prove to me you're town.

Just because a person makes a case on you, even if you're town, DOES NOT MAKE THAT PERSON SCUM. You have a scum read on me based simply on the fact that I made a case on you. THAT'S tunneling, not my case. I looked at everything in the thread, noticed what you were saying was scummy, and brought it to everyone's attention, cause I think you're more than likely scum. But I've still been looking at other people. Just because I make a case and push it does not mean I'm tunneling, and it does not mean I'm scum. It's part of the game, dude.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 01, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

TA is without a doubt scum. What has he done the entire game except tunnel me? Oh that's right, another bad case...

If you read the thread, I'm sure you will find a lot I've done D1. Just because I've had you as my top read for most of the day does not mean I haven't been forming other reads and commenting on other cases.
Nothing memorable.   At all
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 01, 2013, 12:55:12 pm »

My guess is that it will only make you a bigger lynch target X...a sentiment I might agree with, since I'm not really down with your item request.  (I have no idea what you're trying to make)....

What's your read on Xeiron, SB? Would you be okay lynching him?
Why don't you answer that question?
Lots of questions from you...very little in the way of reads
I'm uncertain of x...his latest manuever seems desperate but weird. Maybe weird town. I would be more in favor of ahop, but I'm willing to listen on x (either way)

Are you kidding? I made an entire list of my reads. I've defended players. I've accused others. I've supported some cases. I've not supported others. I have seen no such list from you.

Oh yeah, my answer to the question, literally 3 posts before this one:

"3) As to whether this makes you[Xeiron] scummy...ugh, I don't know. If you ARE scum, giving you pen and paper certainly doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world, provided that all it does is let you send a message (which would seem obvious). But, the real upside for you, is that you survive, and if we let you survive on the basis of this 'plan', you'll survive the lynch tomorrow, as well.

This is either a gambit by scum, or overspeculation by a townmember. Given that we JUST lynched Xeiron D1 for overspeculation as a townmember in a RMM game...I'd lean the second. But he could know this, and is doing the same again now. I don't know, this lessens my read a bit, but I think I'd still lynch Xeiron up against a deadline."

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 01, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »

Nothing memorable.   At all

I'd disagree, and I think others would as well.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 01, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »

I did answer these questions (except the last one) I don't have to repeat myself for your satisfaction. That you keep claiming I didn't is a flat out lie...and remains my number one reason for you being scum
As for question 3, I am not in favor of lynching either. As both are not hiding in the background. I did have a scum read on shrae earlier (you would know this if you wetent tunneling a bad case)...but I'm null-town now. Efhw is town. I don't think ash is right about any "scumslip" when have we ever been right about scumslip?!?! Except when robz made a horrible mistake.  It just doesn't happen often and more often it's town we jump on for the supposed slip.
So go ahead tunnel away
I will continue to call out your aggressive when you push lies and call them a case

No, everytime I've asked these questions, you have said "I don't need to answer them, your case is so obviously ridiculously and wrong!!"

If you HAVE answered them, please quote the answers. It's a long thread, and I looked and didn't find them. Regardless, why is answering them again if you're town such a bad thing. Shouldn't you WANT to prove to me you're town.

Just because a person makes a case on you, even if you're town, DOES NOT MAKE THAT PERSON SCUM. You have a scum read on me based simply on the fact that I made a case on you. THAT'S tunneling, not my case. I looked at everything in the thread, noticed what you were saying was scummy, and brought it to everyone's attention, cause I think you're more than likely scum. But I've still been looking at other people. Just because I make a case and push it does not mean I'm tunneling, and it does not mean I'm scum. It's part of the game, dude.
It's not a case when it's composed entirely of lies.  And you sir are the definition of tunneling. How many posts now have you complained "can't we just lynch sb".

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »

So go ahead tunnel away

It's not a case when it's composed entirely of lies.  And you sir are the definition of tunneling. How many posts now have you complained "can't we just lynch sb".

I don't know they're not composed of lies, though! It's reads. This is mafia. We read people. We make cases. We accuse people. Just because the cases are potentially wrong doesn't mean that they are lies. If you think they are lies, keep in mind, you are the only one who knows that, and no one else knows that. You have to CONVINCE us they are lies.

How many posts have I complained "can't we just lynch sb"? Certainly a decent amount. How many posts HAVEN'T I said that? A LOT.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 01, 2013, 01:01:24 pm »

I disagree.  That's all.

What?  Who am I even defending here?  I'm just saying if you think Ash's case is based on EFHW being the one to bring up the possibility, you're wrong, because that's not his case.
Why are you trying to draw meaningless distinctions?  Discussing theory is in one way ok, and in Another not!?
No this is s bad case and you are wrong to defend it

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 01, 2013, 01:03:55 pm »

Spiritbears, this is a game about making cases and convincing people that your point of view is correct.

I built a case on you, because I think you're scum. It's not "lies", I backed up exactly why I think it's likely you're scum. It may certainly be wrong, and it may not be the greatest case, but it's also not patently false and ridiculous, either. Others have seen merit in it.

If you think the case is wrong (and if you're town, you KNOW it's wrong), you have to convince us why! Simply saying it's composed of lies does nothing -- if you were scum, you would say that as well! You have to look at the case, tell us why it's wrong, tell us what wrong assumptions I'm making, what reasoning I'm making that I shouldn't be making, etc. Simply calling the case wrong and full of lies does nothing to disprove the case.

Please, please, try to disprove the case. Simply calling it wrong does not do this. Simply calling it lies does not do this. You need to look at the case itself, and argue the points I make! You are not doing this, you are simply calling it all lies and slander and saying that I'm obviously lying scum trying to wrong you and aggressively push your lynch.

If I mistakingly came up with this case, can you see how nothing you've done could dissuade me from thinking you're scum? You have yet to answer anything, other than simply calling it lies and calling me aggressive. How in the world would that possibly dissuade me from my originial, unrefuted case?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 01, 2013, 01:07:31 pm »

So go ahead tunnel away

I don't know they're not composed of lies, though! It's reads. This is mafia. We read people. We make cases. We accuse people. Just because the cases are potentially wrong doesn't mean that they are lies. If you think they are lies, keep in mind, you are the only one who knows that, and no one else knows that. You have to CONVINCE us they are lies.

How many posts have I complained "can't we just lynch sb"? Certainly a decent amount. How many posts HAVEN'T I said that? A LOT.
That is just a terrible lie. You know for certain that you are pushing lies about me, because they aren't based on speculation, they are based on your twisting the facts.  The facts are that I have said why I believed efhw (ahop even quoted it). The rest of your so-called case is that town can't possibly believe efhw or side with her in the shrae disagreement.  That has already been completely discredited. 
So tunnel away. But don't think for one second I'm going to let you push your lies without standing up for myself

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 01, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »

Dude, have you like played a mafia game before?

This is beyond frustrating. I made a case like 20 pages ago, the player in question has refused to answer the questions I brought up, and we're not considering lynching that player? Seriously?

Here's the case, in a nutshell. Infact, Ahoppy summarized it better than I have, so I'll quote him:

"Twistedarcher's case is that he finds it odd that SB votes shraeye with very little evidence and believes EFHW.  Also, spiritbears keeps his vote on ash even after ash has said his raerae vote was for reactions.  SB even gets upset that people aren't looking at ash.  This is the case that TA presents."

The EFHW interaction is what's weirdest to me. Even if you have already answered this (and I have searched multiple times and don't think you have!), don't you think it's in your benefit to state again why, so you can convince me (or other people, since you're sooooooooooo convinced I'm scum) that you're not scum?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:12 pm »

This is beyond frustrating. I made a case like 20 pages ago, the player in question has refused to answer the questions I brought up, and we're not considering lynching that player? Seriously?

Here's the case, in a nutshell. Infact, Ahoppy summarized it better than I have, so I'll quote him:

"Twistedarcher's case is that he finds it odd that SB votes shraeye with very little evidence and believes EFHW.  Also, spiritbears keeps his vote on ash even after ash has said his raerae vote was for reactions.  SB even gets upset that people aren't looking at ash.  This is the case that TA presents."

The EFHW interaction is what's weirdest to me. Even if you have already answered this (and I have searched multiple times and don't think you have!), don't you think it's in your benefit to state again why, so you can convince me (or other people, since you're sooooooooooo convinced I'm scum) that you're not scum?
You're frustrated becaue I just shot your case down?!? How about an apology?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 01, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »

And just to out the nail in it....your ash point was completely discredited as well...don't know why you are still pushing that line

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »

SB, it would clearly be in town's best interest for you to address this:

You've got to get over the fact that you'll sometimes be attacked falsely in these games. I think TA's case looks reasonable, and trying to get people to lynch your top scum read is good town play. No one will be able to only make cases on scum, especially day 1, so you've got to consider this from the "what if TA is town" angle too.

TA, no need for frustration, your voice is being heard. I don't think it's a slam dunk case, and you are kind of getting carried away with it, but I see where you are coming from.

You are talking past each other so much that it's hard to analyze this. I'm getting a towny feel from TA, though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:56 pm »

And just to out the nail in it....your ash point was completely discredited as well...don't know why you are still pushing that line
'
SB, I don't know the answers to either of those points. Could you please restate them? Would help with analyzing the situation!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 01, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »

You're frustrated becaue I just shot your case down?!? How about an apology?

I will NOT apologize to you. I have done NOTHING wrong. I have tried to be reasonable. You have responded by accusing me of lying, being pretentious, ridiculous, etc. All I wanted was a damn answer to a case. A case which is reasonable, BECAUSE WE ARE PLAYING A GAME OF MAFIA. You have yet to answer my case. Ever. I think we're setting a ridiculous precedent by letting players answer cases with emotion instead of with reason.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 01, 2013, 01:31:15 pm »

Im not answering with émotion. I answered your "case" straight up....but just like all game ling you ignored it

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 01, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »

Im not answering with émotion. I answered your "case" straight up....but just like all game ling you ignored it
I'm not seeing your rebuttal either. It would be very helpful if you could restate it.  :)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 01, 2013, 01:57:36 pm »

So go ahead tunnel away

That is just a terrible lie. You know for certain that you are pushing lies about me, because they aren't based on speculation, they are based on your twisting the facts.  The facts are that I have said why I believed efhw (ahop even quoted it). The rest of your so-called case is that town can't possibly believe efhw or side with her in the shrae disagreement.  That has already been completely discredited. 
So tunnel away. But don't think for one second I'm going to let you push your lies without standing up for myself
Eevee. This and the fact that his ash objection has been completely discredited as well answer his cske-case entirely...

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 01, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »

I should have just left earlier. But evidently I have ruined not only this game but every other game I'm in. 
I'm sorry about that.
But feel free to make me the lynch of today.
I really liked this game dispite the tunneling. I eas excited to see whst I could do with my lens
I was a town watcher and I shared my lens with Theo (sorry I hope that doesn't mess it up for you) I also got s nice phonograph from someone....thank you for your kind gift even though I coukdnt use it with my lens
Night 1 I watched Raerae and she did nothing.  It could be because she's town or becise scum woukdnt be smart to delay action till night two...I read her as town
I still think efhw is town and Theo and eevee and I still think Ta is scum.  Nk is just confused I think. Ash is misleading everyone.
Goodbye. Thanks for those of you who were kind to me when I didnt deserve it.
/out

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 01, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Thread Locked.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 01, 2013, 02:34:31 pm »

First of all: Sorry that you felt like you needed to /out, SB.

Here's what will happen: Game will continue as normal until I can get a sub in for Spiritbears. Players may still vote for spiritbears, target him with night actions, and his night/day actions may or may not be randomized or controlled by any scumbuddies he may or may not have. Treat him as if he were still in the game, but just very inactive.

Civility Pledge
everyone. Game on.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:37:36 pm by Archetype »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.