Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192171 times)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2013, 12:11:54 am »

Ahop eas speculating nk. You don't need to treat that like gospel.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:13 am »

Well, twice.  And one of those statements was that mail-mi regularly comes off as scummy, which is one of the least controversial positions possible.
Well gee thanks  ::) :D

Mai, why are you still voting severe when he is fully contributing now? 
That was my main reason, unvote.

I'm not sure he's been absent.  I don't think that's quite fair....probably the huge chunks of theory talk bury his contributions. Which I think have been on par...

Wait what? Weren't you just pushing a bit on nkirbit?
I push on everyone....I never for one second said i found nk scummy
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:08 am »

Well, twice.  And one of those statements was that mail-mi regularly comes off as scummy, which is one of the least controversial positions possible.

I'm not sure he's been absent.  I don't think that's quite fair....probably the huge chunks of theory talk bury his contributions. Which I think have been on par...

I push on everyone....I never for one second said i found nk scummy
That was literally like 5 posts later. Ah well.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:30 am »

Alright.  I can accept that.  Now that you have brought to light theory in my post, the exact thing I was called out for too much of, what do you think of my reads on other people?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:42 am »

And vote: mail-mi

Eevee's lurking was not your MAIN reason for voting, given you had unvoted that awhile ago and voted to sheep my case.  Can't just skip around like that man, and misrepresenting yourself doesn't help.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:14 am »

Stop speculating about set up information!  Ahoppy, your post provided me with info I didn't have before I read it, and we shouldn't be making posts like these.  They leak info!  I'm probably leaking info right now!

If we want to claim, so be it, but I think we should stop talking about theory until we make that decision, because otherwise we're just going to be unknowingly leaking a steady stream of info.
This is something I think scum would very rarely think of saying, so a town read on nkirbit!

Eevee buddying?  There's an attempt to get back to his town meta.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:26 am »

I don't think it's really easy at all, I didn't even realize there was any new info, so it certainly isn't obvious.

I saw it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:05 am »

Stop speculating about set up information!  Ahoppy, your post provided me with info I didn't have before I read it, and we shouldn't be making posts like these.  They leak info!  I'm probably leaking info right now!

If we want to claim, so be it, but I think we should stop talking about theory until we make that decision, because otherwise we're just going to be unknowingly leaking a steady stream of info.
This is something I think scum would very rarely think of saying, so a town read on nkirbit!

Why are you approaching everything from a "hmm, could this be true if Eevee is scum" perspective? Like, I find it weird how anti-me you are being right now.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:32 am »

SB:  I agree I haven't made any "hard" or "independent" stands today.  But it's still relatively early Day1, and I've been actively contributing for like, 5 hours, really.  But if you want to look at "hard" and "independent" reads I've made in the past go look:

1.  I pushed hard for lynching Eevee over Sudgy day 3 of Shakespeare.  I was obviously wrong, and eventually came around, and am glad I did, but pushing for Eevee was by no means the popular opinion.

2.  I decided to lynch Insomniac over Eevee day 1 in ZM14.  This was after asking who wanted to lynch Eevee, and literally every single town member said they were in favor of it, but I moved us to Insomniac.  Wouldn't the popular thing be to lynch Eevee?

3.  Why am I doing this?

Look, you're entitled to your opinion, I just strongly believe it's wrong.  And a little bit insulting, if I'm being honest, and didn't really have anything to do with anything that was going on.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:29 am »

Why are you approaching everything from a "hmm, could this be true if Eevee is scum" perspective? Like, I find it weird how anti-me you are being right now.

Why aren't you approaching everything from a "hmm, could this be true if {insert player here} perspective"?  The only thing I know is I am town.  I have to suspect everyone else.  I just happen to know you well when you are scum.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2013, 12:20:26 am »

I don't think it's really easy at all, I didn't even realize there was any new info, so it certainly isn't obvious.

I saw it.

We may not even have seen the same thing!  But there's a chance scum learned something new, and that's bad!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:08 am »

I saw it.

We may not even have seen the same thing!  But there's a chance scum learned something new, and that's bad!

What I saw was bad information for scum to have.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:21 am »

Yes, I would agree.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2013, 12:23:53 am »

Alright.  I can accept that.  Now that you have brought to light theory in my post, the exact thing I was called out for too much of, what do you think of my reads on other people?
I agree the thing you pointed out about xerion is problematic. I'm not ready to call it scummy.  But it is strange.
Of course I disagree that I was overly defensive--would I have like to handle it differently, sure...but I am who I am. And when I feel I'm not getting treated fairly I react...I'm sure Ta would agree I was overly defensive
I'd like to see more of your reads on ash, eevee and nk though...

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2013, 12:27:17 am »

SB:  I agree I haven't made any "hard" or "independent" stands today.  But it's still relatively early Day1, and I've been actively contributing for like, 5 hours, really.  But if you want to look at "hard" and "independent" reads I've made in the past go look:

1.  I pushed hard for lynching Eevee over Sudgy day 3 of Shakespeare.  I was obviously wrong, and eventually came around, and am glad I did, but pushing for Eevee was by no means the popular opinion.

2.  I decided to lynch Insomniac over Eevee day 1 in ZM14.  This was after asking who wanted to lynch Eevee, and literally every single town member said they were in favor of it, but I moved us to Insomniac.  Wouldn't the popular thing be to lynch Eevee?

3.  Why am I doing this?

Look, you're entitled to your opinion, I just strongly believe it's wrong.  And a little bit insulting, if I'm being honest, and didn't really have anything to do with anything that was going on.
You might want to rethink number 2

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2013, 12:27:48 am »

Ash is either running another
gambit, being very clumsy as scum or just having a severe case of tunnel vision.

"Hmm, what he is doing is what I'd associate with his town meta, so he is scum trying to imitate that" is not a reasonable argument, but I don't think we need to have a conversation for everyone to see that.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2013, 12:29:16 am »

On Mail-Mi.  Since I didn't remember exactly what Ash was talking about, I went back to look it up.

1.  Mail-Mi voted Eevee for being inactive.  Eevee was pretty inactive at this point.
2.  Ash continues to make jokes like "hahaha I'm such a good watcher I watched myself watch everyone watch me win in mean girls"
3.  Mail-Mi votes Ash, calling it "12% RVS", partly due to the jokes.  Whatever.
4.  Mail-Mi unvotes
5.  Mail-Mi votes Eevee without a reason in the post he votes in.  Eevee had come back and been active by this point.  When questioned about the vote, we see this post:

Why the scumread on me, mail-mi? Just me not posting enough, or something else too?
Not posting enough, and what ash said, and you just feel off this game.

Mail-Mi is later asked why he's still voting Eevee, and we see this:

A little bit different, to be sure.

Mail-Mi, do you no longer think Eevee is "off"?  And why not, if you don't?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2013, 12:29:31 am »

Nkirbit, high five!

Others, what do we think of this fine gentleman seeming to always be there to agree with me when I make the effort to post?
He's probably town to me b/cuz if you and him were scum partners, I think he'd be distancing himself from you.

Of course, if your town, then I have no idea.
This post is very weird now that we know all it took for his scum read on me to disappear was a couple of not very special posts.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2013, 12:31:00 am »

3.  Why am I doing this?

I know you were okay with Insomniac too.  But I didn't make the decision thinking "Oh, I'm doing this because SB wanted me to."

Why are you doing this, anyway?  What point are you trying to prove?  That I'm not capable of independent thought?  Sounds like a great ordeal to undertake!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:34 am »

gambit, being very clumsy as scum or just having a severe case of tunnel vision.

"Hmm, what he is doing is what I'd associate with his town meta, so he is scum trying to imitate that" is not a reasonable argument, but I don't think we need to have a conversation for everyone to see that.

Why are you reacting under (just my) pressure?  It isn't like you are in any danger.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2013, 12:34:08 am »

On Mail-Mi.  Since I didn't remember exactly what Ash was talking about, I went back to look it up.

1.  Mail-Mi voted Eevee for being inactive.  Eevee was pretty inactive at this point.
2.  Ash continues to make jokes like "hahaha I'm such a good watcher I watched myself watch everyone watch me win in mean girls"
3.  Mail-Mi votes Ash, calling it "12% RVS", partly due to the jokes.  Whatever.
4.  Mail-Mi unvotes
5.  Mail-Mi votes Eevee without a reason in the post he votes in.  Eevee had come back and been active by this point.  When questioned about the vote, we see this post:

Why the scumread on me, mail-mi? Just me not posting enough, or something else too?
Not posting enough, and what ash said, and you just feel off this game.

Mail-Mi is later asked why he's still voting Eevee, and we see this:

A little bit different, to be sure.

Mail-Mi, do you no longer think Eevee is "off"?  And why not, if you don't?

You left out the part of the conversation where mail-mi gets asked about it again and all he does is quote part of my case.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2013, 12:35:52 am »

Why are you reacting under (just my) pressure?  It isn't like you are in any danger.
Why would i let you get away with undeserved pressuring? Like certainly this behavior of yours is worth noting in taking a read on you, it's good material to analyze.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2013, 12:38:20 am »

Why would i let you get away with undeserved pressuring? Like certainly this behavior of yours is worth noting in taking a read on you, it's good material to analyze.

That's fine.

But instead of reacting so much to what I'm saying about you, you ought to be saying:

"man, ash really seems focused on me so far this game, and I think undeservedly.  We should note that as we watch his interactions.  Could definitely seem scummy."

For what it's worth, I think if you are scum this game, you are playing scum badly.  You were wicked good in Mean Girls.  If I was your partner here, I'd be trying to deflect this conversation elsewhere.  Only Ahoppy has done that so far.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2013, 12:40:49 am »

3.  Why am I doing this?

I know you were okay with Insomniac too.  But I didn't make the decision thinking "Oh, I'm doing this because SB wanted me to."

Why are you doing this, anyway?  What point are you trying to prove?  That I'm not capable of independent thought?  Sounds like a great ordeal to undertake!
Ok with it+!?!?! We jumped off our main read, and you and TA asked ME eevee or insom.  I chose insom and you agreed...

Braises. Im not doing anything...you Str the one running with it.  Sounds like i hit à nerve. Sorry if you found it insulting. I literally do see you like a peacemaker role...someone that likes consensus

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:02 am »

Oh, there is no scum read. There was a brief temptation to OMGUS you, but ultimately I do think it's just us failing to communicate again. Scum ash tends to be nicer to me!

It's a bit frustrating to have a town read on someone who you think is unreasonably tunneling you, but it is what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.