Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192257 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »

Why the scumread on me, mail-mi? Just me not posting enough, or something else too?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 27, 2013, 08:59:22 pm »

Why the scumread on me, mail-mi? Just me not posting enough, or something else too?
Not posting enough, and what ash said, and you just feel off this game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #527 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »

This is kindof funny coming from a chronic underposter....
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2013, 09:03:21 pm »

Severe usually posts a lot more tho.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2013, 09:05:27 pm »

Severe usually posts a lot more tho.
Severe pokemon?  I like that name for him
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »

Can you walk me through how what ash said (about what I said about spirit, right?) makes me more likely to be mafia?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »

If Eevee is mafia, he knows sb is town.  Protecting town!sb for town!cred is a known Eevee scum!tactic.  So, given it is D1 and there is little to go on, that's enough for a vote at this point.

Here ya go!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »

Shouldn't that make you think SB is town, then?

Maybe?  But I'm voting for you.
Well if you vote for me because you think I'm scum going for easy towncred by defending sb, shouldn't you then be pretty sure sb is actually town?

It could be a bus, but yes, sb looks pretty towny out of all this.  Your point that sb is more likely stubborn town than scum is sensible.  I'm saying you could literally say that without reading a post.
So, you still agree it's a pro-town stance? I think it's questionable  that me taking a pro-town stance that was "too easy" was what caused you to vote for me. Like, I can understand (not agree) if you think underposting is what scum Eevee does, but you didn't vote me when I underposted, you voted me when I was starting to get back to the swing of things.

No, I don't agree that your stance is a "pro-town stance."  I don't know where you got that phrase or idea.

Here are the possibilities, in order of likelihood:

scum!Eevee and town!sb
scum!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and town!sb

Those last two are probably equal.  So, for scum!Eevee, it is in your interest to defend sb for towncred if he's town or partner protection if he's scum.  You know that sb will generally be read as town, so it's a safe call for you either way.  And the reasoning you used was not game-related, came from no quotes, and could have been posted in any game.

That's not a "pro-town stance" so much as a "pro-Eevee stance."  It was a win-win for you, and you went for it.

So, like, this isn't a HUGE case or anything.  But combined with underposting Eevee and slightly argumentative Eevee and seems kinda like Mean Girls Eevee, it was enough to vote.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »

I think this is the 5th game in a row where I've been called out for being scummy for not posting enough. I think it's worth pointing out I was town in four of them, and in the fifth the only person who thought that was my scum partners ashersky. It's like guys, even if I undercontribute day 1, you know I won't just disappear on you, I'll come back and be a meaningful voice. I just feel that in a game this size, cluttering the thread if you don't feel like you have anything meaningful to say is not necessary, we have enough voices and the discussion flows also without me. I know it might be optimal if I reread heavily and forced myself into being a bigger voice, but ultimately we play these games for fun, and you know, different styles can be fun. I don't feel I'm being super detrimental to town with my play as it is!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »

I think this is the 5th game in a row where I've been called out for being scummy for not posting enough. I think it's worth pointing out I was town in four of them, and in the fifth the only person who thought that was my scum partners ashersky. It's like guys, even if I undercontribute day 1, you know I won't just disappear on you, I'll come back and be a meaningful voice. I just feel that in a game this size, cluttering the thread if you don't feel like you have anything meaningful to say is not necessary, we have enough voices and the discussion flows also without me. I know it might be optimal if I reread heavily and forced myself into being a bigger voice, but ultimately we play these games for fun, and you know, different styles can be fun. I don't feel I'm being super detrimental to town with my play as it is!

Guys, remember that, for the bolded section, I did NOT know that Eevee was my scum partner on D1.  I learned that on N1.  So I thought it was scummy, and he was scum, and I didn't know he was scum.  That helps prove my point, not disprove it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »

If Eevee is mafia, he knows sb is town.  Protecting town!sb for town!cred is a known Eevee scum!tactic.  So, given it is D1 and there is little to go on, that's enough for a vote at this point.

Here ya go!
There are literally dozens of examples of Eevee protecting a townie as town, do those count for anything? Should I start listing?

Pro tips to reading me: Town Eevee has town reads / disagrees on what's scummy. Scum Eevee has scum reads and pushes cases aggressively. Town Eevee defends people when he thinks the accusations aren't valid. Scum Eevee thinks everything is scummy and tries to get people lynched.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »

vote: eevee

Why?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »

vote: eevee

Why?

Oops.  I didn't realize I was at the end of a page.  Never mind!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »

Guys, remember that, for the bolded section, I did NOT know that Eevee was my scum partner on D1.  I learned that on N1.  So I thought it was scummy, and he was scum, and I didn't know he was scum.  That helps prove my point, not disprove it.
Ha! That's true.

Although..  no wait what? You were scum in that game and thought I was town! You've used the same argument as scum before to get me lynched.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2013, 09:22:42 pm »

Ha! That's true.

Although..  no wait what? You were scum in that game and thought I was town! You've used the same argument as scum before to get me lynched.

True.  To get you lynched as town acting scummy.  That's how we catch scum.  Lynching the scummy ones.  It's just helpful to scum when townies are scummy.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:44 pm »

Well if you vote for me because you think I'm scum going for easy towncred by defending sb, shouldn't you then be pretty sure sb is actually town?

It could be a bus, but yes, sb looks pretty towny out of all this.  Your point that sb is more likely stubborn town than scum is sensible.  I'm saying you could literally say that without reading a post.
So, you still agree it's a pro-town stance? I think it's questionable  that me taking a pro-town stance that was "too easy" was what caused you to vote for me. Like, I can understand (not agree) if you think underposting is what scum Eevee does, but you didn't vote me when I underposted, you voted me when I was starting to get back to the swing of things.

No, I don't agree that your stance is a "pro-town stance."  I don't know where you got that phrase or idea.

scum!Eevee and town!sb
scum!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and town!sb

Those last two are probably equal.  So, for scum!Eevee, it is in your interest to defend sb for towncred if he's town or partner protection if he's scum.  You know that sb will generally be read as town, so it's a safe call for you either way.  And the reasoning you used was not game-related, came from no quotes, and could have been posted in any game.

That's not a "pro-town stance" so much as a "pro-Eevee stance."  It was a win-win for you, and you went for it.

So, like, this isn't a HUGE case or anything.  But combined with underposting Eevee and slightly argumentative Eevee and seems kinda like Mean Girls Eevee, it was enough to vote.

This really looks like a bad case to me, Ash.  You're starting at the top with the assumption "Eevee is scum", showing how Eevee's actions make sense given Eevee is scum, and then using that to say "Well, I guess Eevee is scum!"  It really seems like you're starting your case by assuming your conclusion, and that's not convincing to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:16 pm »

Ha! That's true.

True.  To get you lynched as town acting scummy.  That's how we catch scum.  Lynching the scummy ones.  It's just helpful to scum when townies are scummy.
Yeah, but isn't that evidence of underposting being easy to jump on for scum more than evidence of underposting meaning I'm more likely to be scum?

scum!Eevee and town!sb
scum!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and town!sb

This logic is sound though, I see what you mean now. I do think it's in town's interest to try to protect us from derails and arguments that aren't helping (or even mislynches, although maybe I should have stayed back longer to see if the spirit-lynch would start to gain traction?).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »

Ha! That's true.

Yeah, but isn't that evidence of underposting being easy to jump on for scum more than evidence of underposting meaning I'm more likely to be scum?

scum!Eevee and town!sb
scum!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and scum!sb
town!Eevee and town!sb

This logic is sound though, I see what you mean now. I do think it's in town's interest to try to protect us from derails and arguments that aren't helping (or even mislynches, although maybe I should have stayed back longer to see if the spirit-lynch would start to gain traction?).
Wait if you think he's town, why would you consider staying back?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »

Mail-Mi:  To see who scummily jumps aboard.  The same reason Ash voted for Raerae despite having no semblance of a case, pretty much.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »

There is very little meat to the case against me, but I understand that's by default as I haven't really done much at all. I do think ashersky trying to push it, even if it's very weak, is very protown, as it helped (might help in the future, again I'm probably posting this prematurely) to create interactions, for example I once again find mail-mi scummier for being willing to sheep it.

But meh, we've been suspecting each other with mail-mi in so many games recently, I guess his playing style just always seems really scummy to me. So, I don't like the way he voted me, but I realize it's less of a scum tell for him as he always does thinks I find scummy as town too.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »

Wait if you think he's town, why would you consider staying back?
To see what people think of the case / who joins it and who doesn't! Best case scenario would be that people would start piling on him, and I could whiteknight him before with my incredible rhetorical skills and we would have information on who were willing to lynch him and maybe find mafia (this is all assuming he is indeed town - and he isn't even a townread for me, I just think what TA accused him of doesnt make him any more likely to be mafia.) Even mislynching spirit wouldn't be THAT bad as long as the information on why the case is bad is out there in time, as then when spirit flips town it's useful to look at who thought what.

This is obviously all assuming I'm right about TA's case against spirit not being valid, which I'm not 100% on.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »

There is very little meat to the case against me, but I understand that's by default as I haven't really done much at all. I do think ashersky trying to push it, even if it's very weak, is very protown, as it helped (might help in the future, again I'm probably posting this prematurely) to create interactions, for example I once again find mail-mi scummier for being willing to sheep it.

But meh, we've been suspecting each other with mail-mi in so many games recently, I guess his playing style just always seems really scummy to me. So, I don't like the way he voted me, but I realize it's less of a scum tell for him as he always does thinks I find scummy as town too.

Exactly.  Mail-mi is screaming scum to me here, but he was screaming scum the last day of shakespeare (I thought he was scum and EFHW a serial killer).  I pretty much permanently detect mail-mi as scummy, which makes my scumreads on him worth less than that read would be worth on anyone else.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:15 pm »

Nkirbit, high five!

Others, what do we think of this fine gentleman seeming to always be there to agree with me when I make the effort to post?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:02 pm »

Nkirbit, high five!

Others, what do we think of this fine gentleman seeming to always be there to agree with me when I make the effort to post?
He's probably town to me b/cuz if you and him were scum partners, I think he'd be distancing himself from you.

Of course, if your town, then I have no idea.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.