Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192181 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2013, 05:37:55 pm »

I guess I'm just shoved under the table and don't count in the not voting count?  :o
Fixed

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

I really dislike shyrae's insinuation that bescuse I find him more scummy than efhw, I must not be thinking fir myself...that kind of argument just gets under my skin....
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »

As for my successful tracking of scum!mcmc in Mean Girls, nothing wrong with being proud to have played well as town previously when I'm town again.
I think ash's gloating about his successful fake claim in Mean Girls is scum!ash trying to get into our heads. Also, it's annoying. vote: ash

What percent of this vote is RVS?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 26, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »

TechnicallyCall me maybe, but that's not what I intended and not how it reads to me.

Fixed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:15 pm »

I fall on the raerae side of the shraeye/EFHW debacle.  I have a town read on shraeye, scum read on EFHW, but the argument isn't helping.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 26, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »

Well, I just got lynched in back to basics, so I'll be more active here now!

I've been slacking, so need to re-read.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 26, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

If you want suggestions on what to read:

1) reactions to my raerae vote
2) reactions to shraeye's TA vote
3) look for undercontributors

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 26, 2013, 06:55:36 pm »

Thank you.  I started skimming and my general thoughts are "wow, what are we even arguing about?"

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 26, 2013, 06:59:52 pm »

@ theorel: I think the three item thing came from Role PMs ( at least that's where I have it .)

I would note that the three item thing was in a PM sent to all players (I assume, given BCC) regarding how N0 was going.  The PM mentioned scum QTs locking, which is why I think scum got it as well as town.  So I would count that as public knowledge.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 26, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »

Thank you.  I started skimming and my general thoughts are "wow, what are we even arguing about?"
Very little :)
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »

As for my successful tracking of scum!mcmc in Mean Girls, nothing wrong with being proud to have played well as town previously when I'm town again.
I think ash's gloating about his successful fake claim in Mean Girls is scum!ash trying to get into our heads. Also, it's annoying. vote: ash

Its 12% RVS.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 26, 2013, 07:19:59 pm »

Its 12% RVS.

vote: mail-mi

12% OMGUS.

Finding 88% seriousness in voting me for your frustration that I caught your scum partner mcmc in a previous game while I was a tracker is insanity.

If I wasn't mentioning it at all, someone would be pointing it out for us.  It's out there.  It's relevant when you are talking about ash meta.  Plus, it was freaking awesome.  I rock as town.

But "it's annoying" is a reason to 88% seriously vote for someone?  Now THAT is annoying.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 26, 2013, 07:41:45 pm »

Its 12% RVS.

vote: mail-mi

12% OMGUS.

Finding 88% seriousness in voting me for your frustration that I caught your scum partner mcmc in a previous game while I was a tracker is insanity.

If I wasn't mentioning it at all, someone would be pointing it out for us.  It's out there.  It's relevant when you are talking about ash meta.  Plus, it was freaking awesome.  I rock as town.

But "it's annoying" is a reason to 88% seriously vote for someone?  Now THAT is annoying.

The "It's annoying" part is the 12% RVS. The "Scum!ash is trying to get into our heads!" is the 88% serious part.

P.S. 12% is just a random smallish number that I came up with because I was thinking about that scene in Avengers.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:33 pm »

I lean on town v town on the argument too. In my experience the arguments that don't make much sense are often town v town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 26, 2013, 08:54:56 pm »

I lean on town v town on the argument too. In my experience the arguments that don't make much sense are often town v town.

Why haven't you been as active as normal in this game?  Midsummer's Eve isn't an excuse anymore.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:34 pm »

Why haven't you been as active as normal in this game?  Midsummer's Eve isn't an excuse anymore.
It's not that I don't have availability, certainly. Hmm, I guess it's the game being so large, it being day 1 and the topics of discussion mostly being claiming stuff / trying to break the setup, not things I feel I have much to offer on. I imagine it'll change when we get further in the game (to areas where I'm more comfortable at).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 26, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »

It's not that I don't have availability, certainly. Hmm, I guess it's the game being so large, it being day 1 and the topics of discussion mostly being claiming stuff / trying to break the setup, not things I feel I have much to offer on. I imagine it'll change when we get further in the game (to areas where I'm more comfortable at).

No comment on the emotional portions of the game?  That's your forte after all.

There have been a few emotional moments -- shraeye vs. EFHW, raerae's early responses to my vote, maybe a few of sb's posts.

I know you agreed tvt for shraeye/EFHW, but no other takeaways?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »

First, I appreciate you trying to get me more involved like that! Very protown work.

Second, hmm. I've been reading, and nothing has really stood out for me. Like all of the arguments have seemed like complicated constructing rather than emotionally unleashing without thinking, if that makes any sense.

I got the town read from your early aggressiveness. Raerae I think matches her town behaviour, but I don't have an opinion on if she is like that when scum as well.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:05 pm »

I am happy to end the argument with Shraeye, and I don't expect any response to this post and hope never to have occasion to mention the issue again,  but I feel like I have to say that I do not agree with raerae's description of what happened at all.  There was some disagreement about what "pushing" meant, and I did not intend it the way it was taken, but I think I was mostly being persistent in trying to get a few points across that never did make it.  So I hope everyone will read for themselves instead of accepting her summary.  THE END.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:35 pm »

I'm here and catching up. Raerae, you voted for chairs, and you said you would policy vote all claimers, but do you actually think he's scum?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2013, 10:36:47 pm »

EFHW comes off scummier than Shraeye in this argument, and I'm not as convinced as everyone else that this is town vs. town. The list that she came up with for Shraeye's reasons for pushing the argument all incriminate him as scum. That's just really early, and really strong, for a list that definitely says someone's scum for pushing a case so early, and the fourth reason being thrown in afterwards is sketchy. EFHW is a scummier read, Shraeye is a townier read.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »

EFHW comes off scummier than Shraeye in this argument, and I'm not as convinced as everyone else that this is town vs. town. The list that she came up with for Shraeye's reasons for pushing the argument all incriminate him as scum. That's just really early, and really strong, for a list that definitely says someone's scum for pushing a case so early, and the fourth reason being thrown in afterwards is sketchy. EFHW is a scummier read, Shraeye is a townier read.
I see it just the opposite

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 26, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

After seeing spiritbears' vote on Shraeye I decided to go back and read him a little bit. There's some scummy stuff in there.

His first position is finding Ashershy scummy for tunneling Raerae. That's fine and good, I found Ashersky scummy for it too initially, but he continues to have Ashersky as a scum read and doesn't acknowledge the possibility ever that Ashersky was simply doing it for the reaction, and not because he found Raerae scummy. He also voted Ashersky for "tunneling Raerae", when Ashersky was posting on a lot of topics, and not really pushing in anyway for Raerae by building a case. Later on, after no one but Mail-mi has voted Ashersky, he voices frustration that no one else has considered Ashersky as scum in #380.

In #254, he states an approval of an opinion EFHW put forth on theory, saying that this isn't the first time he's found himself agreeing with her.

In the midst of the EFHW-Shraeye argument, in #397, he places a vote, with little explanation, but it's clear that he agrees with EFHW, and not with Shraeye. In #409, he asks Theorel if he's okay with Shraeye pushing a weak case (so this is his reason for voting, it seems). He says that Shraeye comes across as scummier as EFHW, but he hasn't really said why, and he hasn't said why he believes EFHW but not Shraeye, other than the fact that he doesn't like that Shraeye is pushing a weak case (#409).

Then, when Nkirbit asks what the argument is about, he responds "very little" -- but not little enough for him to have placed a vote over it!

Basically, I think Spiritbears placed votes on two people, hoping to get people to join in. Initially, there was the vote on Ashersky, who did something that would read very scummy from most people -- the vote for Raerae with no explanation. Even after Ashersky explaoined what he did, SB still continued to find him scummy.

The second, and more scummy to me, is the vote on Shraeye and the interaction with EFHW. It's possible this vote simply came from his town read on EFHW, but that still shouldn't automatically lead to a scum-read on Shraeye, either. The impression I get is that the scum-read on Shraeye comes from simply disagreeing with someone he finds towny, which reads forced and unlike true scumhunting to me. When pushing the case to another (Theorel), his main explanation for finding Shraeye scummy is that he "pushed a weak case" -- something that Shraeye himself has admitted to. It's early D1, of course the case was weak! That doesn't make Shraeye scum, and I think jumping on him for that, when given the opportunity, is the scummiest thing I've seen yet.

Vote: Spiritbears

PPE: I see he has disagreed on my assessment of EFHW vs. Shraeye -- but not really explained why, again. SB, besides Shraeye's case being weak, why do you have a scumread on Shraeye and a townread on EFHW?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

Popsquiz time!

Would lynch: Archetype, xieron, mail-mi, EFHW, spiritbears
Middle: Eevee, chairs, Ahoppy, nkirbit
Would not lynch: ashersky, raerae, TA, shraeye, theorel

I think these are great early in the game, because there is little to go on.  But ash, that's a terrible thing, you say.  But not really.  Think about it, there is very little to hide behind when you make a list like this so early in the game.  Very useful later on.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 26, 2013, 11:12:47 pm »

After seeing spiritbears' vote on Shraeye I decided to go back and read him a little bit. There's some scummy stuff in there.

His first position is finding Ashershy scummy for tunneling Raerae. That's fine and good, I found Ashersky scummy for it too initially, but he continues to have Ashersky as a scum read and doesn't acknowledge the possibility ever that Ashersky was simply doing it for the reaction, and not because he found Raerae scummy. He also voted Ashersky for "tunneling Raerae", when Ashersky was posting on a lot of topics, and not really pushing in anyway for Raerae by building a case. Later on, after no one but Mail-mi has voted Ashersky, he voices frustration that no one else has considered Ashersky as scum in #380.

In #254, he states an approval of an opinion EFHW put forth on theory, saying that this isn't the first time he's found himself agreeing with her.

In the midst of the EFHW-Shraeye argument, in #397, he places a vote, with little explanation, but it's clear that he agrees with EFHW, and not with Shraeye. In #409, he asks Theorel if he's okay with Shraeye pushing a weak case (so this is his reason for voting, it seems). He says that Shraeye comes across as scummier as EFHW, but he hasn't really said why, and he hasn't said why he believes EFHW but not Shraeye, other than the fact that he doesn't like that Shraeye is pushing a weak case (#409).

Then, when Nkirbit asks what the argument is about, he responds "very little" -- but not little enough for him to have placed a vote over it!

Basically, I think Spiritbears placed votes on two people, hoping to get people to join in. Initially, there was the vote on Ashersky, who did something that would read very scummy from most people -- the vote for Raerae with no explanation. Even after Ashersky explaoined what he did, SB still continued to find him scummy.

The second, and more scummy to me, is the vote on Shraeye and the interaction with EFHW. It's possible this vote simply came from his town read on EFHW, but that still shouldn't automatically lead to a scum-read on Shraeye, either. The impression I get is that the scum-read on Shraeye comes from simply disagreeing with someone he finds towny, which reads forced and unlike true scumhunting to me. When pushing the case to another (Theorel), his main explanation for finding Shraeye scummy is that he "pushed a weak case" -- something that Shraeye himself has admitted to. It's early D1, of course the case was weak! That doesn't make Shraeye scum, and I think jumping on him for that, when given the opportunity, is the scummiest thing I've seen yet.

Vote: Spiritbears

PPE: I see he has disagreed on my assessment of EFHW vs. Shraeye -- but not really explained why, again. SB, besides Shraeye's case being weak, why do you have a scumread on Shraeye and a townread on EFHW?
So what youbhave there TA is a whole bunch if nothing fluffed up to try and make me look scummy
That's just the kind of nonsense I would expect from certain others....
But really. What you are saying is you disagree with me that ash has been scummy....you disagree with me that shrae was scummy pushing a weak case against a player that has been this far helpful to town....
So that means I'm scum? Because I have different reads than you!
Really this shows scumniness on your part....Bigtime
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.