Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192206 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »

To be fair, one fun thing we can (not necessarily should) do is discuss our flavor, which if I understand correctly does not give away our roles (e.g. is Nikola Tesla scum? is it one of the Wright brothers, perhaps? What can I get out of knowing Galileo is in our game?), it does give us perhaps some more information, if done well.  However, as with all information, how much will this benefit town vs how much will this benefit scum is going to be tricky, because (again, if I understand correctly) the scum win conditions may not entirely line up with traditional fare.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2013, 06:38:55 pm »

LOL, and I see Twistedarcher mentioned the downside to flavor claim while I was writing  :P

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »

To be fair, one fun thing we can (not necessarily should) do is discuss our flavor, which if I understand correctly does not give away our roles (e.g. is Nikola Tesla scum? is it one of the Wright brothers, perhaps? What can I get out of knowing Galileo is in our game?), it does give us perhaps some more information, if done well.  However, as with all information, how much will this benefit town vs how much will this benefit scum is going to be tricky, because (again, if I understand correctly) the scum win conditions may not entirely line up with traditional fare.

Haha, yeah, I beat you on this. I think the only utility to this would be to catching scum in a lie later. The downside is that if roles presuppose items (which they probably do, I'm sure), it gives scum information that could help to possibly guide their NKs.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2013, 06:46:56 pm »

Where did you get those names?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2013, 06:48:34 pm »

vote: raerae

Not RVS.

Nice explanation, Ash.  Totally a compelling case.

I agree this is the most compelling case we have so I will sheep Ashersky and vote: Raerae.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:10 pm »

Oh my gosh.  Let's mass claim everything we know and then name the scum team D1, shall we, Ash?  Because you're never ever wrong, are you?  And you've never ever fake-claimed as scum, have you?  And town has never ever lynched one of their two PRs after believing your fake-claim, have they?

Also, kermit, question in case you missed it.

Why would you be suspicious?  Even if they don't have reasons, it looks like a joke to me.

Even though they SPECIFICALLY said their votes are not RVS?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

Not RVS.

I agree this is the most compelling case we have so I will sheep Ashersky and vote: Raerae.
Is this RVS?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:44 pm »

Not RVS.

Or you could actually try to play this game and come up with one of your own? 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »

I still want to hear why Ashersky's post in any way implicates Raerae as scum - I must be missing something.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

Not RVS.
Anything more? Or would it cause you to claim?

Going claim fishing there, AHoppy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2013, 07:04:53 pm »

Not RVS.

Eh, I think it's a fair question. He's asking for more, but saying that if it's something Ashersky shouldn't say, he'd understand that..

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:32 pm »

Not RVS.

Eh, I think it's a fair question. He's asking for more, but saying that if it's something Ashersky shouldn't say, he'd understand that..

I'd love to hear his answer.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2013, 07:08:25 pm »

I still want to hear why Ashersky's post in any way implicates Raerae as scum - I must be missing something.

I am not sure if it was intentional but this could be seen as a softclaim:

Results?  Hmmmm.  Remember when I was scum and claimed I tracked mcmc and caught scum?  That was awesome.  Here's the thing; if folks had just listened to my hinting without forcing me to claim, we would have lynched scum a power role AND not outed a power role scum.  So my general belief if to NOT claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you have to, even if you caught scum.  Instead, just vote and make cases.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:23 pm »

Results?  Hmmmm.  Remember when I was scum and claimed I tracked mcmc and caught scum?  That was awesome.  Here's the thing; if folks had just listened to my hinting without forcing me to claim, we would have lynched scum a power role AND not outed a power role scum.  So my general belief if to NOT claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you have to, even if you caught scum.  Instead, just vote and make cases.

If you think it's a soft claim, why are you pointing it out? Now, if it's true, you've put Ash in a bad spot! I figured he was just speaking generally, but dang, you could be right, but I wish you hadn't have pointed it out.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »

Vote: Xerion

Trying to out a role.  This conversation can nowhere but forcing Ash to confirm or deny the validity of your accusation.  If I'm wrong, what where you hoping to accomplish with that post.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »

Not RVS.

I'd love to hear his answer.
TA had it right.  I was trying to figure out why he didn't say more, and that was the only reason I could see

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:27 pm »

Well, all I know is if I were making this game, Tesla would most certainly not be scum, but Edison would.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »

Vote: Xerion

Trying to out a role.  This conversation can nowhere but forcing Ash to confirm or deny the validity of your accusation.  If I'm wrong, what where you hoping to accomplish with that post.

I strongly disagree with Xeiron's post, but I don't think it comes from scum. I'd imagine scum would be much more careful about potential role-fishing, and wouldn't want to put that possibility out there, knowing that they WILL catch flak for it..

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2013, 08:01:43 pm »

If you think it's a soft claim, why are you pointing it out? Now, if it's true, you've put Ash in a bad spot! I figured he was just speaking generally, but dang, you could be right, but I wish you hadn't have pointed it out.

I fail to see how I put Ashersky in a bad spot. Yes, He might be a PR, but since this is role madness there should be no shortage of power roles. If he has an investigative role and already know raerae is scum, I do think he should claim so sometime during D1. If he don't, and we lynch raerae based on softclaims/cases from Ashersky and she flips town, we won't know if he is scum or just mistaken town. Remember that in his exemple he flipped the alignments. Had we lynched mcmc in that game without ash needing to claim, we wouldn't have caught him(ash) as scum.
My general belief if to DO claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you do not have to, if you caught scum. We probably have one or more doctor/protection role so it is not instant death to claim cop.

I did point it out because it is the among the most interesting things I have found in this game by now, because it might mean Ashersky is building up for a claim. If he is, that claim may be a fake, just as likely as a real one. Ashersky just had huge success with preparing for and then fakeclaimimg as scum. He would probably consider doing something like that again.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

xeiron (1) raerae
ashersky (1) spiritbears
raerae (2) ashersky, xeiron
Twistedarcher (1) shraeye
shraeye (1) chairs

Not Voting: (7) Eevee, mail-mi, Twistedarcher, AHoppy, EFHW, theorel, nkirbit.

Day one ends on Monday, July 15th.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2013, 08:16:41 pm »

Have Eevee or theorel posted yet?

Lurkers.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:31 pm »

I would really like to hear from Eevee And theorel

Vote: eevee
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2013, 08:23:56 pm »

I always wish we could claim because more information means a better puzzle to figure out.  But I can't think of any way it would be helpful right now.

The puzzle aspect certainly makes it more fun. But right now, there's nothing we really gain. We favor claim, and I'm sure scum will have good fakeclaims more than likely. Combination claiming doesn't help guide us to a correct lynch today. Results claim, that could work, but once again, someone with a correct result should try to guide us to the correct lynch rather than coming out immediately. So yeah, claiming's probably not great today, and we should just play it like a normal day I suppose.

"Nothing we really gain" is probably incorrect; it's fairer to say that we won't realize what we've gained from a mass claim.  Scum, on the other hand, would gain MORE useful information out of the gate.

That's why I think the mass claim should come later.

The only way I see a mass claim work on D1 in this game is that every single town member full claims every single thing possible, then we take all that information and analyze it, THEN full claim again based on what we all learned from each other.  THEN we try to figure out the fake parts from scum.

And I think that's too hard to pull off due to the size of the endeavor, the high chance that some town refuse outright, and the risk involved in feeding all that info into raerae's hands to use against town.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:24 pm »

Where did you get those names?

Random famous duders from history.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »

You know, a lot of our roles are going to be 1-shot, based on getting combinations right. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.