Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192268 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (N0 Start!)
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2013, 06:06:29 pm »

And to clear up any confusion:

Town is green and their wincon is: "Eliminate all threats to the Town". Town wincons aren't included in your Role PM, so look here

Scum will have their own alignment and wincon found in their Role PM.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2013, 07:00:03 pm »

Alright, they're all out.

No rush, but you have ~48 hours to get your night actions in.

Good luck!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2013, 02:29:07 am »

/tag
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »

In the near distant future...

A man with no name designs a Time Machine and starts up a company by the name of 'Innovation Inc.'. Using his invention he manages to hire the greatest inventors our world as ever known to bring innovation to this unoriginal world. The pay may not be great, but they all get to do the thing they all love: Invent. But looks like not everyone is as big of a boon to humanity as they are perceived...

Today is the first day of the job.

--

At the crack of dawn, the CEO gathers up all 13 employees into the main lobby with his faithful associate Archetype at his side.

"Welcome to Innovation Incorporated!" He yells. Everyone cheers gleefully.

"I hope you all were able to meet with one another last night and get to know each other. Hopefully you put those complimentary items to good use! Now then, let's get down to business. Our deadline is this week and we need to-"

The BANG! of gunfire echoed around the lobby. Everyone looked around for where it could've come from, but then Archetype yelled that the CEO had been shot. The medical staff rushes over to try and keep him alive, but it's no use. The bullet had pierced his abdomen and he was loosing blood too quickly. Archetype neels down next the CEO and grabs his head. But there was nothing they could do (health care hasn't improved much either).

In his dying breath, the CEO whispers into Archetype's ear, "...no one leaves...until my killer is caught..." The CEO gives one last breathe, then slumps over. Dead.

Archetype carefully releases the CEO's head and stands up, motioning to the medical staff to take care of the body. He grabs the microphone and shouts angrily into it, "You heard the man! Board up the windows, lock the doors, engage the alarm! No one leaves the building until we find who's responsible for this!"

Day 1 Start!

Not Voting (13) ashersky, Eevee, xieron, raerae, mail-mi, Twistedarcher, chairs, shraeye, AHoppy, EFHW, spiritbears, theorel, nkirbit.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day one ends on Monday, July 15th.

(I will remind you all one last time to make sure to read post #2 and constantly refer back to it and your Role PM. It'll be more useful than you think.)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 01:39:32 pm »

First: first!

Second: Vote: Robz
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40:26 pm »

First: first!

Second: Vote: Robz
Second in. vote mai
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »

Sorry. That just had to be done
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2013, 01:41:07 pm »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »

Double OMGUS!!!
vote vote mai mai

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »

Yay for a new game.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58:04 pm »

Hi everyone!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2013, 02:06:51 pm »

Yay for a new game.
Super scummy Vote: xeiron

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »

Hi everyone!
vote ta
The death cart cult does not approve

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:38 pm »

Hi everyone!
Hi! I love how friendly we're being given someone has just been shot...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 02:27:54 pm »

Hi everyone!
Sarcasm?!?!?!?! Vote: ahops

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 02:28:04 pm »

Hi everyone!
Shows knowledge and forethought of a "shooting"
vote ahop

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 02:34:32 pm »

Hi everyone!
Shows knowledge and forethought of a "shooting"
vote ahop

Shows that someone hasn't read the flavor ;)

More seriously, though, given that we actually had a N0, we should be able to skip RVS -- RVS is silly, anyways.

Obviously, it doesn't lead us any closer to actually finding out who the scum are, but I think theory discussion would be useful this game, provided that we're very, very careful about not giving anything away without thinking it through first.

One of the warnings in the OP discussed that claiming could potentially be terrible for town, and give scum large advantages. I think anyone who wants to come into D1 claiming anything should be very wary about it, and make sure it's what they want to do. And I'm 100% against claiming ANY combinations at this point.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »

Well...maybe not ANY combinations, I suppose. But I'd be very careful. Just saying that people should make sure they keep their information private, and consider whether or not making something public knowledge would potentially be more beneficial to town or to scum.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2013, 02:40:42 pm »

Anybody claiming D1 will get my vote no matter what.  Seriously.  Don't do it.

TA, what theory talk are you interested in?  I despise theory talk almost as much as claiming but fully understand I'm in the minority there.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »

TA, what theory talk are you interested in?  I despise theory talk almost as much as claiming but fully understand I'm in the minority there.

I don't know, exactly. I'm sure it's going to come up -- flavor-claiming, definitely not role-claiming, but some combination. It's too central to this game to not have it come up at some point today. I'm sure Ashersky or someone will come in with a great post to move the game forward, and I think it should absolutely be discussed, but unless there's a compelling reason, I'm going to stand against claiming.

I completely understand your opposition to claiming -- but why do you dislike theory? From my point of view, even if it doesn't really lead anywhere, if people are careful about it, it gets good discussions going, makes people put in an opinion on the theory, and can sometimes be beneficial.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

Vote Count 1.0

AHoppy (2) spiritbears, mail-mi

Not Voting: (11) ashersky, Eevee, xeiron, raerae, mail-mi, Twistedarcher, chairs, shraeye, AHoppy, EFHW, theorel, nkirbit.

Day one ends on Monday, July 15th.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2013, 02:53:11 pm »

Wow, that's a looooong D1. Since we're using bankable time we definitely should have a soft deadline.

The end of next week seems like it would give us enough time, but that's 4th of july for us Americans. Would before or after that weekend be better for everyone?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »

I don't know, exactly. I'm sure it's going to come up -- flavor-claiming, definitely not role-claiming, but some combination. It's too central to this game to not have it come up at some point today. I'm sure Ashersky or someone will come in with a great post to move the game forward, and I think it should absolutely be discussed, but unless there's a compelling reason, I'm going to stand against claiming.

I completely understand your opposition to claiming -- but why do you dislike theory? From my point of view, even if it doesn't really lead anywhere, if people are careful about it, it gets good discussions going, makes people put in an opinion on the theory, and can sometimes be beneficial.

It doesn't lead anything anywhere and people end up thinking other people are scummy for disagreeing with their position and then it's usually town on town or scum on town so town loses no matter what.  Also, it wastes a ton of time and pages and then rereads suck.  That's my opinion anyway.  I understand games have to start somewhere and that 'somewhere' is usually RVS or theory but that doesn't mean I like it.

Once again, I will vote anybody claiming anything related to their role/flavor/favorite deli meat/etc. today.  Claiming screws over town and is too easy to fake as scum.  Don't give them that opportunity and they actually have to work to win. 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2013, 02:57:32 pm »

I completely understand your opposition to claiming -- but why do you dislike theory? From my

Once again, I will vote anybody claiming anything related to their role/flavor/favorite deli meat/etc. today.  Claiming screws over town and is too easy to fake as scum.  Don't give them that opportunity and they actually have to work to win.
My favorite deli meat is ham

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »

It doesn't lead anything anywhere and people end up thinking other people are scummy for disagreeing with their position and then it's usually town on town or scum on town so town loses no matter what.  Also, it wastes a ton of time and pages and then rereads suck.  That's my opinion anyway.  I understand games have to start somewhere and that 'somewhere' is usually RVS or theory but that doesn't mean I like it.

My favorite deli meat is ham!

Quoting fixed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.