Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 192256 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »

RMM8 Innovation Incorporated

"You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere."
-Lee Iacocca

Full-Time Employees (/in):

0. Archetype
1. ashersky Samuel Colt: 2-shot Vigilante. Bomb'ed N1.
2. Eevee
3. xeiron
4. raerae Benjamin Franklin: Semi-Innocent Child. Shot N1.
5. mail-mi Nikola Tesla: 1-shot Nexus. Lynched D1.
6. TwistedArcher
7. chairs
8. shraeye
9. Ahoppy
10. EFHW Eli Whitney: Bomb. Shot N1.
11. spiritbears John Dolland: Tracker. Modkilled D1.
12. theorel
13. nkirbt

Interns (/tag):

1. yuma
2. Jimmmmm
3. liopoil

Please read the
Civility Pledge before /inning. Thanks!

This setup IS a Role-Madness game, so (almost) nothing of the roles will be published. I cannot promise that it will be completely balanced, but I can promise it'll be fun! Axxle has briefly viewed the setup and it's mechanics and thought it looked good, but if a different member that doesn't want to play wants to view it, please PM me.

There will be nothing Bastard about this setup. No Jesters. No Alignment changes. No Multiball. No tricks. I will not lie in any fashion (PINL). No roles are made up, and the game itself is a pretty straight-forward and standard game of Mafia.

Mafia Ruleset (stolen and modified from eHalcyon's RMM-I intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. This includes item combinations, items, etc.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage)
See Post 2.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. Otherwise, I'll make the target of your night action random.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 'bankable time'.  See http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bankable_deadline.  There is a slight twist:
Day 1 will last 21 days
Each day following is guaranteed to last 4 days
Leftover time from Day 1 will be used at the end of the 4 day period if all time has not been used

8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. Just remember, this is ROLE MADNESS.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  They will not be issued automatically.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

(Probably not as helpful as they could be, given that the set up is entirely different from any regular Mafia game.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:49:26 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMMVIII Innovation Inc.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »

Setup Specific Information

An Innovation themed game!?

If you mean the board game, then no. Well sort of. You’ll realize the theme of the game as it progresses, which is cool in itself. But anyway. The fun thing about this game is that in addition to every player being given a neat-o power role; at the end of each night they’ll be able to make their own powers by combining various objects.

Twice a night, every night, each player may tell me which objects they’d like to combine and I'll give them a list of power roles that particular combination may make. They will PM me back with which power role they think that item combination makes. One or more of the of the power roles in the list will be the correct choice, and if they choose a correct one, they will be granted that power role to be used the next night. They will be notified if that particular combination doesn't make anything. Different combinations will yield different powers, but generally stronger power roles will require more objects than weaker ones. Some objects, however, may work just fine all by themselves and all a player has to do is guess that the object will work perfectly fine as-is. But beware of scum's objects!

Regardless of the number of objects in the combination, the different combinations make will make thematic sense and shouldn’t be too difficult to guess.  I will say that the combinations themselves are also all set in stone and will be revealed at game’s end. The most a combination will vary will be whether it's scum or town so that each side can make use of the object, but it will still make thematic sense and only a few objects are split depending on alignment. Guesses you don't use will be rolled over to the following night.

To further help with guessing, small hints to potential combinations may be dropped within an object’s description and during in-game opening/closing posts. So keep your eyes peeled.

This may sound a bit complicated, but it should flow pretty smoothly. The nights may be a bit longer than normal with me having to process the different guesses, but it shouldn't be too bad.

But that’s not all folks…

In addition to all the role madness mentioned above, this game will have a No Kill N0 Start. This means that everyone will be able to use their Power Roles N0 (including combining objects), but any kills done that night are guaranteed to fail.

This is also one of those games where claiming, if not done smartly, can easily be abused by scum (*cough* me in RMM3 *cough*). It may not always be wise to immediately claim that you know the specific combination for the 'Cop' power as scum can use that for their own malicious purposes... Flavor is also fairly important in this game. Not only when trying to figure out which objects match up to which power roles, but also in the general storyline as well as in PMs.

Speaking of PMs, each player’s Role PM will be fairly informal, but will still contain the Archetypical (hehe) Flavor Name, Role Name, Alignment, and Description. Flavor Name won’t necessarily be connected to alignment, but it will be heavily connected to a player's role. The Role Name is your power in Mafia terms while your alignment will depict who you will win with and your win condition. A player’s Flavor Name, Role Name, and Alignment will all be shown upon death. The Description will be a short flavorful run-down of your role and will mention any specifics a player would need to know about it. I’ll also most likely put your Inventory here which will contain all items that are in your possession. I don't have a specific uniform for descriptions, so I may describe items, power roles, combinations, certain aspects of your Role PM, slightly differently depending on how 'flavor-intensive' I'm feeling; not necessarily because of alignment.

That should be about it. I think this will be my best game yet and I’m really excited about modding it. Hopefully signups will fill quickly so we can get this show on the road!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:28:16 pm by Archetype »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMMVIII Innovation Inc. (Signups Open!)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »

Is this Disney/Pixar?

Like, Monsters Inc?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:44:35 pm »

Is this Disney/Pixar?

Like, Monsters Inc?
No, but it's better. Trust me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:55:46 pm »

/tag

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:47:14 am »

/tag

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »

/tag

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »

Alright, I added information specific to the setup. Let me know if you have any questions about it (though some can only be answered once the game has started).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Signups Open!)
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

Seems like there has been a call for signups, so I'll Bump this.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Signups Open! 5/13)
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

Alright, again because of what you said in the index, /in.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Signups Open! 6/13)
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 06:11:41 pm »

Bump!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Bump!
Is there something here that people just don't like? If the bankable deadline thing is the issue I can easily change that.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

For rule #5, will we know who has been selected randomly?

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 09:09:20 pm »

Will the roles the items make be in categories, or specific roles?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 10:47:02 pm »

Will the roles the items make be in categories, or specific roles?
Actual Roles. I don't want to divulge too much into it until the game starts, however. I imagine that it'll be a fun little minigame in addition to the daily scumhunting. Sort of like Robz's RPG game.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:50:39 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:01 pm »

For rule #5, will we know who has been selected randomly?
Eh, probably not upfront, but if they ask, sure.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 07:57:39 pm »

:( This needs to start.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »

It really does!

I'll be fully updating Post 2 sometime this week. Maybe today. I'll have to see how much time I have.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 08:12:19 pm »

It really does!

I'll be fully updating Post 2 sometime this week. Maybe today. I'll have to see how much time I have.
Oh. And if any spectator that has no interest in ever /inning and wants to learn the secrets behind the setup/look it over, feel free to PM me. Axxle knows the general gist of it, but I don't think he's seen the final product.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »

OP#2 is fully updated for Game Start. If you're already /in or considering /inning, you may want to look it over if you have some spare time. If you need any sort of clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. Some questions, however, can only be answered (or will already be answered) once the game has begun.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:53 am »

Okay this just looks too dang cool

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 12:03:36 am »

Vote: twisted!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:17 am »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Signups Open! 7/13)
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

Hurray it's TA!

Just 6 more and we'll be ready to go!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.