Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 194791 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 2!)
« Reply #2025 on: July 19, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

I think it's pretty great that the mailmen exchanged letters night1.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:13 pm »

I'm looking at the list of the items and combinations, and they make less sense than I thought :P gauze and paper make doctor? parachute and paper makes a tracker?  I'm confused :P  But man, I should have figured out that flavor could indicate scum, with us having a flavor cop and this game being so thematic...

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »

I nominate shraeye or theorel for MVP.  Very well done, boys.
seconded

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 19, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »

I'm guessing that you had the exact same "Oh shit" moment that I did when you realized that nkirbit was mailman, too?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 19, 2013, 04:06:31 pm »

yup, i was like "oh crappers".  I got real worried when he started saying things like "what if the person who sent me that telephone were scummy...maybe he's scummy"

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 19, 2013, 04:11:39 pm »

And that they sent to the same person N0 (me).

gg scum. Man N1 really killed us. Well, that's a loss for me.

Let's all go sign up for Jimmmmmmm's game! (and my game, of course.)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

I should have clued in more on TA being scum, and may have had we ha another day.

I was actually going to come home and vote shraeye. TA texted me that the game was over and he was scum, and he can attest that my first reply was "shraeye was your partner."  I had been getting bad feelings about shraeye and TA as of late, and was sure that I wasn't going

I guess I have to take the blame for tunneling on xeiron.

I was actually worried that TA had stolen my telegraph N0. I sent it to mail-mi... Who he claimed to have sent the telephone to. But I never had a chance to bring it up

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 19, 2013, 04:28:33 pm »

I was also suspicious of TA saying "I didn't notice your message saying that you would find it scummy."    Did you notice that and was that why you sent me the letter?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 19, 2013, 04:34:08 pm »

Funnily enough, the first thing that made me anxious about shraeye was raerae saying she had had a "robz moment" in the clue sign up thread. I interpreted that as her being completely wrong as town, meaning shraeye must have been scum and told her. I don't know if that's what raerae actually meant, and I tried to ignore it since that's evidence I shouldn't be using, but it did give me a bad feeling.

It's my fault for letting my strong xeiron read stop me from contributing elsewhere

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:54 pm »

I was also suspicious of TA saying "I didn't notice your message saying that you would find it scummy."    Did you notice that and was that why you sent me the letter?

No. Your message wasn't really targeted at you in anyway, it would have been the same message regardless of who it went to.

I thought about playing around with the role, but couldn't come up with anything that wasn't too risky

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:27 pm »

Funnily enough, the first thing that made me anxious about shraeye was raerae saying she had had a "robz moment" in the clue sign up thread. I interpreted that as her being completely wrong as town, meaning shraeye must have been scum and told her. I don't know if that's what raerae actually meant, and I tried to ignore it since that's evidence I shouldn't be using, but it did give me a bad feeling.

It's my fault for letting my strong xeiron read stop me from contributing elsewhere

To be fair, I think most of us were tunneled on someone.  I felt like I was Solomon trying to figure out how many pieces to slice the baby into when I hammered.  My initial three attempts at that post all absolved Ahoppy and tried to find a reason, but ultimately I couldn't find something convincing enough to justify it.  I just felt like SOMETHING must not be right here.

I think this just reinforces my "gut reaction best reaction" feel, as the only really strong gut-check I had was when I was calling Shraeye scum.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 19, 2013, 05:03:40 pm »

Crap... over already.

I really thought we could win all the way to the end.
I felt I was close to the scumteam, but shraeye threw me off.
I would nominate him as MVP.

And i still think a massclaim would have helped us.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:09 pm »

I kinda-sorta followed this, but I think massclaim would be a good idea.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 19, 2013, 06:24:26 pm »

What does scum actually think? Since they were all the ones staunchly apposed to the mass claim and eventually convinced me not to mass claim.  I think maybe only nkirbit from town was against it still at one point

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 19, 2013, 06:50:29 pm »

I think mass flavor claim would have outed all the scum if they had to scramble for new names, as seeing Edison, Einstein, and Bell together would have probably reignited the "damn scum inventors" itch.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: July 19, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »

I don't think that we had a shot of winning that game from that point, anyway.  Scum had -five- 30% vig's, were all getting double votes tonight.. Their stealing power is very very powerful with claims

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »

I don't think that we had a shot of winning that game from that point, anyway.  Scum had -five- 30% vig's, were all getting double votes tonight.. Their stealing power is very very powerful with claims

Fair enough.  N1 was ridiculously rough on town.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »

Nope, I felt like crap because I wasn't around to save mail-mi, was going to go after EFHW D2, and was certain AHoppy was scum and I was yet again unable to convince town to vote with me. As it turns out, I was more wrong than I ever thought possible.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »

Good game scum team!  Crazy game Arch!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 19, 2013, 09:20:20 pm »

What does scum actually think? Since they were all the ones staunchly apposed to the mass claim and eventually convinced me not to mass claim.  I think maybe only nkirbit from town was against it still at one point
I definitely did not want a claim, but I had some stuff ready.  I would have claimed 1-shot lightning rod, and then claimed my phonograph item, and sending results accurately

The lightning rod is sorta the opposite of the nexus that Tesla claimed...that's what I meant when I said "arch worked the rivalry into the setup.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 19, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

If you were town, would a claim have been good?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »

Depending on my role, I would have supported it or not.  The problem is that if there were exactly one protective role, like Doctor...I thought you were doctor...that can really hurt town.

Still, I probably would have supported it at that point.  My views on claims and massclaims are a bit different than other players around this site.  I'm not so anti-claims as raerae, but I'm not eager to agree to claiming.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 19, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »

Yeah. I just knew I couldn't claim commuter. I was ok with the other stuff. man, I'm so mad I watched TA instead of raerae... I was so close to switching it

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

Yay, I finally won a game as scum :)

I think claiming items would have been a bad idea.  I mean we got lucky with both the revolver and the paper such that we wouldn't have been taking advantage of a mass-claim as fiercely...but a scum-team without that knowledge could really exploit it.  Claiming initial roles seems less bad in this set-up.  But day2 it would have been hard, because you're outing any 2-shot protective roles who have only used one shot.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 19, 2013, 09:52:10 pm »

Scum certainly got very, very fortunate (stealing the revolvers was good.. certainly better than, say, stealing a bunch of shirts!  As was having five townies dead by day2).  But they played very well and deserved the win.

Shraeye's my pick for MVP.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.