Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 80  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 198727 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Second Quarter Already?)
« Reply #1475 on: June 07, 2013, 07:48:10 pm »

Okay that's L-1, so better stop voting until yuma gets here.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #1476 on: June 07, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Yes I realize that, but I'm beginning to think Yuma has no intention of posting prior to the lynch
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 07, 2013, 07:50:34 pm »

alright... I am finally here.

I'll be brief as I need to run off again, but will be back before bed.

The reason I am hesitant about ash's claim as tracker is because I am a Watcher. That is all I am going to say about that at this point. So don't ask, cause I am not telling....

I am hesitant because it is hard for me to see both a tracker and a watcher being in this game. Possible. But from the viewpoint as a mod, why have both? It really is mod WIFOM though and doesn't really say anything concrete. Which is why I was hesitant to bring it up in the first place... and honestly I still am...

I think the one thing it does say is that it is unlikely that both ash and mcmc are town. Because for that to be true then town has watcher/tracker/jk/IC/?something else maybe?... which again is possible, but rather unlikely.

So what do people think... especially people that have modded before. Is having both a tracker and a watcher in a game possible/feasible? Or does it make ash's claim less likely?

I really need to read mcmc's responses--I have only been able to briefly read them via e-mail and those e-mails get really confusing when it comes to quotes and replying to said quotes--before I come to any sort of conclusion, which unfortunately won't be until later tonight at the earliest...

I'll be here for the next 5 minutes and then be gone again for a while...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »

Yes I realize that, but I'm beginning to think Yuma has no intention of posting prior to the lynch

Ha! You have so little faith in me?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 07, 2013, 07:55:23 pm »

Oh yuma isn't the kind of guy to do something like that! People don't have access all the time! (Eevee of late would know..)

Oh and yuma just posted indeed, very interesting stuff. Both watcher and tracker sort of remind me of mcmc being a bulletproof town roleblocker in mafia noir.. Could be just to mess with us?

I got to say I'm unhappy we seem to be outing our power roles here left and right. I don't see yuma's claim as enough of a reason to believe mcmc, so to me it sort of feels like he just claimed for no reason. What's done is done obviously.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 07, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »

Ha! You have so little faith in me?
Right on time!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 07, 2013, 07:57:56 pm »

Wait yuma, why on earth would you not tell us what you learnt night 1? I see absolutely no benefit in that, you could very well die tonight now that you've claimed!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »

Vote Count 2.10
mcmcsalot (5): ashersky, xeiron, Robz888, Eevee, spiritbears
xeiron (1): yuma
ashersky (1): mcmcsalot

Not voting: AHoppy, mail-mi, liopoil

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline is 8pm forum time on Sunday, June 9th

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »

I guess an answer like "I've thought it through and this is better." is fine for me, maybe I'm missing something.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »

Wait yuma, why on earth would you not tell us what you learnt night 1? I see absolutely no benefit in that, you could very well die tonight now that you've claimed!

who said I saw anything? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't... I am not telling at this point.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: June 07, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »

I don't know enough about these games to know what a mod would choose and why. To me yumas claim is interesting but ultimately nothing to make me change my view of the mc-ash war

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 07, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »

who said I saw anything? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't... I am not telling at this point.
Okay. Just that literally any result you got would be new information for town, and potentially taking that information to your grave seems weird to me. But I don't mean to pry, I trust your judgement.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 07, 2013, 08:02:37 pm »

And Yuma, now that it looks like xerion is unfeasible, any thought to changing your vote or are you just going to jeep it there?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 07, 2013, 08:05:29 pm »

And Yuma, now that it looks like xerion is unfeasible, any thought to changing your vote or are you just going to jeep it there?

unvote I won't be making a decision about mcmc right now. Maybe later. I don't know. I haven't had sufficient time to process everything yet. I haven't had a chance to fully read through mcmc's responses, but will do so tonight... for now I am off to watch USA vs Jamacia in World Cup Qualifying.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 07, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »

1For ash to be scum, he'd have to planned the claim from the day start (the breadcrumbs, his play that's consistent with the result), 2he'd have to be exactly a scum rolecop that targeted you day 1 and decided to go after a strong power role, a role that I btw think is unlikely to exist in a game with an IC. 3For you to be scum ash needs to be a tracker (makes sense with an ic) 4that tracked you (his reasons make sense) 5and you to be the mafia goon that made the kill. It basically comes down to this: 6Ash decided to come out, with a claim that makes 100% sense. His play fits his claim 100%, the narrative makes perfect sense. 7You needed to claim something as ash had already caught you, 8I think the unpressured vs pressured thing already makes a big difference in likelihood + all the other factors. 9Really, the only thing that points towards you being town is being upset (that has historically been a town trait here), but you are aware of that so you could have faked that / you could have been scum that got pissed.

Okay lets start with this.
1) Yes he had to plan out his scum fake claim(ANY SCUM PLAYER PLANNING ON FAKE CLAIMING WOULD PLAN IT OUT,ash is the type of player to try this)
2) Two major points here
2A) He does not have to be a rolecop that targeted me. He could be a random goon, nothing stops him from claiming what he did.
2B) I think he could be a rolecop and that would give him more incentive to plan the fake claim and get me mislynched
3/4/5) A tracker that tracked the scum that took the night kill out of 11 people. This is necessary for ash to be town, and you though it was unlikely he was a rolecop that targeted me(which doesn't even need to be true)
6) Yes ash chose when to come out and claim
7) Yes I was forced to claim, and remember I did not want to claim originally(My thought's were claiming jk would mean I would be an auto nk which is really bad, I do not know scum knew I was JK) then everyone said they believed ash and not me so I had to claim.
8)This is silly, he gets more credit because he claimed first, I mean you were just in a game where galz claimed and got lots of credit because he claimed first, it was silly then, its silly now.
9) That's sad, you think nothing of the 28 not angry posts I made during the time after the claim, you think nothing of all the rereading work I have done showing interactions with ash/liopoil/xieron. Nothing of my reads in general.

Tell me what ashersky has done other than claim his result/things about the claim, that makes you so confident he is town.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 07, 2013, 08:11:04 pm »

Yay yuma is here, so I believe his claim 100% that is an unprovoked claim that get credit because it doesn't put yuma in an advantageous scum position, it would mean multiple scum fake claimed(highly unlikely)

Also the fact that all of our power roles have been outed is another reason ashersky's well thought out claim was definitely helped scum.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 07, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »

Galz did 28 angry posts and lots of legwork as well. I don't know, to me your behavior just fits a scrambling caught scum trying all the tricks he can think of to avoid getting lynched.

Ash just deciding to go for an out of the blue fakeclaim is just less likely than you being scum, that's the way I see it. I know I won't convince you of this, and everyone else seems to already agree with me, so..

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 07, 2013, 08:12:09 pm »

Well I know that eas directed at eevee. But it could be directed st me too..
For starters. I have read ash as townie all game. His claim (and your counter) did nothing to dissuade me.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 07, 2013, 08:12:34 pm »

I really am sorry you're frustrated mc. I wish you weren't. But I'm afraid I can't help that any...except to maybe move this along a little quicker
vote:mcmcsalot

Oh don't worry its not a "grr I'm frustrated" way its in a "egads! this game is so tricky and difficult" way, all smiles on this end(apologies if it doesn't sound like it)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 07, 2013, 08:13:49 pm »

Galz did 28 angry posts and lots of legwork as well. I don't know, to me your behavior just fits a scrambling caught scum trying all the tricks he can think of to avoid getting lynched.

Ash just deciding to go for an out of the blue fakeclaim is just less likely than you being scum, that's the way I see it. I know I won't convince you of this, and everyone else seems to already agree with me, so..
Yes. This is how I see it too

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 07, 2013, 08:14:16 pm »

Mcmc, how dangerous is a scum fake claim without knowing any PRs?  You know this.  It is very.

How much easier is it to fake after roles are known?  Much.

As for Yuma...I think if its true, it makes the bus driver theory more likely, but the JK claim EVEN more fake.

Mcmc is lying scum, we can decide on Yuma tomorrow, mostly because mcmc's flip will confirm me for the doubters.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 07, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »

But you keep not answering, other than ash's claim and the enuing posts, THE REST OF THE GAME why do you think ash is town and I am scum. You had a scum read on ash and a town read on me(at one point I can't promise it was before the claim)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »

I really am sorry you're frustrated mc. I wish you weren't. But I'm afraid I can't help that any...except to maybe move this along a little quicker
vote:mcmcsalot

Oh don't worry its not a "grr I'm frustrated" way its in a "egads! this game is so tricky and difficult" way, all smiles on this end(apologies if it doesn't sound like it)
No worries. I'm glad you're not throwing things at your monitor right now!!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »

Well I know that eas directed at eevee. But it could be directed st me too..
For starters. I have read ash as townie all game. His claim (and your counter) did nothing to dissuade me.

Yes I did not direct my question to you because you read has not suddenly changed based on the claims, you have voiced your reads throughout the day and into the claiming.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 07, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »

Yes.  I see that from your follow up.  My appoligies
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.