Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 80  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 200434 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (First Day of School! First Day of School!)
« Reply #950 on: May 23, 2013, 10:42:34 pm »

Alright, nkirbit, other than things I've already said, here's what I want to say about it:

1. I completely forgot about the pop's quizzes.  That was dumb.
2. I've said, "I know this looks scummy" a LOT as town.  I'm always worried that I seem scummy when I'm town or scum.

I'll do a very quick skim-reread of each player and post my thoughts on each one here.  (In my next post, don't lynch me yet!)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 23, 2013, 10:55:39 pm »

Also, I can't remember who, I think it was sb, was surprised that I didn't put any flavor in there.  The rules say you can't hint toward flavor in any way, or you are modkilled.

(This is not the reads post I was talking about)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:29 pm »

Drat, I have to get off.  I'll try to get this done before tonight is over.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 23, 2013, 11:30:55 pm »

Agh, I managed to get on another computer but it's really slow.  I'll post the rest of my reads later, but I'm currently having trouble loading the mafia game...  Here's what I have at the moment:

Yuma: He was pushing for Robz early on.  Also, he has been a little bit more under the radar than I usually see him in other games (which is a lot, so it's still quite a bit here).  Not sure what that says, he's a pretty good player.  So, null.

Ashersky: He seems to be normal, I noticed him "testing the waters" on Eevee, and he sheeped my vote on mail-mi.  He was also on the Robz wagon, and now on mine.  Like he's trying to find some mislynch on me.  The strangest thing I noticed about him, is that while he's modded three games I've been in, he's dead wrong here.  This is actually enough for me to Vote: ashersky, although I know it's a bit late.  But seriously consider his actions coming up.

mail-mi: Other than things I've mentioned, the only things I noticed were a low post count, his usual general scumminess-ish, and something a bit more, was that when asked who his partners were, he instantly in a tiny post said who.  Then had a few about how it would have major WIFOM implications, maybe saying that because of who he chose.

Eevee: He seems normal, reacted to the pressure we put on him calmly (I don't know if this is saying scum or town though), but he didn't buddy at the beginning...  He was fighting heavily against the Robz lynch, not sure if he had a genuine town read on him or was scum and was using the "befriend a townie" tactic.  He believed my first defense, so same thing with him on Robz.  Altogether, a null that needs close watching.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 23, 2013, 11:32:16 pm »

Ashersky: He seems to be normal, I noticed him "testing the waters" on Eevee, and he sheeped my vote on mail-mi.  He was also on the Robz wagon, and now on mine.  Like he's trying to find some mislynch on me.  The strangest thing I noticed about him, is that while he's modded three games I've been in, he's dead wrong here.  This is actually enough for me to Vote: ashersky, although I know it's a bit late.  But seriously consider his actions coming up.

By "dead wrong" do you mean "completely right and caught me as scum?"  Because I think that's what you mean.

Also, nice OMGUS.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 23, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

I also don't entirely see how him modding games you were in is that relevant.  Sure, he knows what you were in those games, but he also never learned how to read you while modding those games... he wouldn't have had to think as critically about your actions while modding you because he already knew you were town, or scum, or whatever you were that game.  I haven't modded a game, so I can't say for sure, but I would guess you learn much more about how to read a player from playing with them than modding them.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 24, 2013, 12:15:09 am »

I also don't entirely see how him modding games you were in is that relevant.  Sure, he knows what you were in those games, but he also never learned how to read you while modding those games... he wouldn't have had to think as critically about your actions while modding you because he already knew you were town, or scum, or whatever you were that game.  I haven't modded a game, so I can't say for sure, but I would guess you learn much more about how to read a player from playing with them than modding them.
Well, you know what their alignments are so u can sort of figure out how they play scum/town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 24, 2013, 12:26:17 am »

Well, you know what their alignments are so u can sort of figure out how they play scum/town.

Yeah, I get that.. but I think you'll figure that out just as well, if not better, while playing because you've spent much more time as a player looking critically at posts when you might not as a mod.  I just don't buy the "he modded my games, so he must know me better than everyone else!" as legitimate at all.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 24, 2013, 12:50:57 am »

Alright, I'm in a hurry, it probably won't be as good from here on out.

liopoil: I have nothing on him.  Other than the fact that he voted for RVS, I don't see anything special.  He did vote me for being in a position that he was...

Robz: I can't think of much to say about him.  IC who played an interesting strategy.  Obviously town.

nkirbit: I'm in a hurry, and he doesn't have any way isotropic/goko username, so this is from memory.  He's seemed to be in the sidelines, but when he posts, they're good posts.  Town read.

aHoppy: lurker read.  (Basically, hasn't said enough for me to say anything much)

mgp/xeiron: His whole conversation-thingy earlier makes me lean town on him.  Xeiron's not voting makes sense, but was a little shady with it being a day or two from the deadline.

mcmc: He was interesting in how he was parked on liopoil the entire time wagons were jumping all over the place.  I have no idea what to make of it...

sb: His whole "scum QT" thing was weird...  Either newbie town not realizing, or scum pretending to be newbie town.

Sorry that these weren't that great, I had a really pressed time limit to do things in.  I still don't want you to lynch me (obviously), but do what you will.  At least my lynch will be more informative than others'.  Look hard on those people that joined my wagon without previous suspicion, and ash especially.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 24, 2013, 12:55:28 am »

Vote: Sudgy

I hope we're right.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: May 24, 2013, 12:55:52 am »

Vote: Sudgy

I hope we're right.

You're not.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 24, 2013, 07:12:17 am »

flip???

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:10 am »

Thread Locked

I will not post flip, as flip comes with flavor, and I don't know what flavor to use.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 24, 2013, 09:02:59 am »

Vote Count 1.Final

liopoil (1): mcmcsalot
mail-mi (2): Eevee, AHoppy
LYNCHED--sudgy (7): liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xeiron, Robz888, ashersky, nkirbit
ashersky (1): sudgy

Not voting: spiritbears

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:44 am »

It’s a little louder in the halls of M. A. Fia High today.  What’s changed?  Somebody is missing…

“Dude, I was only joking when I said ‘You go, Glenn Coco!’  I didn’t think he’d actually leave.”

“Glenn’s gone?  I had honestly forgotten he still went here.”

“Who’s Glenn?”

Well, it looks like Student Body-aligned Glenn Coco (sudgy) has transferred out of M. A. Fia High.  It seems like he just didn’t fit in.

NIGHT 1 BEGINS NOW
Players have until Monday 8pm forum time to submit night actions.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 27, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »

Ms. Norbury: "Where's Aaron? He was supposed to meet the Mathletes in the library this morning for try-outs."
Regina: "Hmmm? Aaron? Oooohhhh, Aaron Samuels? Yeah, I heard he got expelled."
Ms. Norbury: "What do you mean, Regina?"
Regina: "You haven't heard the rumors? Yeah. Apparently he's been cheating on all his math assignments since, like, 4th grade or something. Plus, they searched his car and found a bunch of booze and drugs and stuff. Total shame. I mean, he was super hot. But seriously, Ms. Norbury, you teach his math class, how do you not know this?"

Whether the rumors are true or not, Student Body-aligned hotty Aaron Samuels (nkirbit) has been expelled from M. A. Fia High.

Second Quarter Begins
Deadline is Saturday, June 8th at 8 p.m. FT
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:11:31 pm by raerae »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 27, 2013, 08:01:18 pm »

Interesting that we didn't get role flips for sudgy or nkirbit. Assume they're VT?

anyway, well done nkirbit!

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2013, 08:03:11 pm »

Does this mean that we also don't have any other roles?  No doctor or anything?  Or does this just mean if we do have one, he picked the wrong person to save.  Sorry, I'm just not familiar with how a closed game like this works

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Second Quarter Already?)
« Reply #968 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »

day1 post count!

posting quickly so that this is towards the top of day2 before I leave to an Arrested Development party!!!

1. Yuma - 93
2. Ashersky - 151
3. mail-mi - 44
4. Eevee - 79
5. liopoil - 122
6. Robz888 - 60
7. nkirbit - 109
8. AHoppy - 21
9. modestguineapig/xeiron - 25+5=30
10. mcmcsalot - 50
11. spiritbears - 70
12. sudgy - 76

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2013, 08:07:15 pm »

well, it's confusing that we weren't explicitly told what their roles are.  I think if they had a role, that would be shown. so we might have a doctor, but they probably aren't sudgy or nkirbit, and they didn't save nkirbit. The possibility of a doctor is why robz888 is still alive. If we have a doc, that's probably who they saved.

PPE: post count. I did one of those too and got slightly different numbers... but nkirbit being largely unsuspected and a big contributer is a good reason for him to be NKed.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 27, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

when is the deadline?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 27, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »

What's with D1 newbie hammerers getting NKed N1?  That seems to be a trend.  Who does that?

Robz, where are you?  Start leading, man.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:28 pm »

day1 post count!

posting quickly so that this is towards the top of day2 before I leave to an Arrested Development party!!!

1. Yuma - 93
2. Ashersky - 151
3. mail-mi - 44
4. Eevee - 79
5. liopoil - 122
6. Robz888 - 60
7. nkirbit - 109
8. AHoppy - 21
9. modestguineapig/xeiron - 25+5=30
10. mcmcsalot - 50
11. spiritbears - 70
12. sudgy - 76

mail-mi and mcmc look scummiest based solely on post counts.  Just pointing that out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:18 pm »

Vote Count 1.Final

liopoil (1): mcmcsalot
mail-mi (2): Eevee, AHoppy
LYNCHED--sudgy (7): liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xeiron, Robz888, ashersky, nkirbit
ashersky (1): sudgy

Not voting: spiritbears

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

So, wagon analysis.

Town lynch, plus NK was on-wagon.  So there are 5 on wagon and 4 off wagon, total, to look at.

ON: liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xerion, ashersky
OFF: mcmcsalot, Eevee, AHoppy, spiritbears

Best guess?  We're better off finding scum off-wagon.  One, maybe two scum there.  mcmcsalot is there again.  He and Eevee were most named as choices for scum partners, right?

Another reason to look off-wagon is the NK being on-wagon.  Why would scum help us reduce the number there, unless they were worried we were going to look at the much smaller off wagon list?

So, I think folks should focus re-reads off-wagon first. 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »

What's with D1 newbie hammerers getting NKed N1?  That seems to be a trend.  Who does that?

Robz, where are you?  Start leading, man.
totally. But that NK made sense. Everyone had a solid townread on nkirbit.

yes, robz gotta lead the way to the scum!

there are 5 people with unconfirmed alignments on-wagon, 4 off-wagon. Since it is a fair assumption that there is at least one scum on, one off, looking off-wagon is easier.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 80  All

Page created in 1.474 seconds with 19 queries.