Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dear My Opponent I'm Sorry  (Read 2574 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Dear My Opponent I'm Sorry
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:03 pm »

This game made me think innovation could use a thread like this, similar to the dominion one.  Sometimes the cards just aren't good for you.  Try and post games where you got so lucky you feel guilty about it, not games where you are "sorry" your opponent played badly. 

So, I felt a little dirty after this game. I won in 8 turns, which is pretty ridiculous. I opened Clothing into another color he didn't have giving me a strong start with 2 1s scored. That's ok, he has Domestication into Metalworking, that can score fast, while giving him new cards to block my clothing.  It didn't turn out that way, his Metalworking scores nothing, and draws a card he already has. On my first draw, I drew the 1 color that wasn't on the board already, and use clothing to meld it and score 3 1s, not bad for turn 2.
He uses Metal working again, twice, instead of blocking my Clothing, but that's an easy mistake to make when you are new, and the only mistake i saw all game.  I play Clothing twice empty to get Monument, and its really all over from there.  It did happen that the 3 i draw so i can achieve is Translation on a board with only crowns, so I take World too.  That was some crazy good luck!

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201304/29/game-20130429-195629-cd45e9d2.html

marco2012

• Scout
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Dear My Opponent I'm Sorry
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:33:47 am »

Your opponent's worst move is not to meld mathematics at turn 2.
Otherwise, he would have a chance to win (thought still very hard).

Nice one, anyway

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Re: Dear My Opponent I'm Sorry
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »

Your opponent's worst move is not to meld mathematics at turn 2.

I agree.  That is what i was trying to say when I said his mistake was playing Metalworking twice, but I didn't actually say or convey that in any way. Words are hard.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.