Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An "Inflation" theme idea  (Read 1314 times)

Epoch

• Tactician
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
An "Inflation" theme idea
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:19:14 pm »

Paper Currency
Treasure
Cost: $4
Value:  $3
When you play Paper Currency, the player to your left reveals his hand.  For each copy of Paper Currency in his hand, reduce the value of this card by $1, to a minimum of zero.

I don't think I have the wording in proper formal language, but hopefully you get the idea.  It's worth less the more of it there is in play.

Doing it with just the player to your left means that you could get an unfair advantage in a multi-player game, where one opponent avoids Paper Currency and thus major advantages a player to his right.  You could do it with an "all opponents" deal, but then Paper Currency's value diminishes in larger games.

I doubt it's a very good or well-implemented card right now, but I thought the conceptual mechanic was neat, and was wondering if anyone else had a good way of fixing it.

biopower

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Re: An "Inflation" theme idea
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:30:19 pm »

You could try something like "This card is worth the number of Paper Currency Left in Supply divided by 3." (Or divided by any other number or capped, whatever you feel like). Basically, if only one person goes for Paper Currency, it's a gold. However, as soon as the second person buys it, it becomes an expensive silver.

Something like "number of paper currency in supply and the trash" could work too, so that people can try trashing their own copies to increase the overall value. I definitely like the idea behind the card though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
Re: An "Inflation" theme idea
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »

Another idea would be for all players to reveal their hands (optionally perhaps? Or perhaps not, as this could lead to King-making), and only consider the player/s with the most in their hand. Its value is still less on average than in a 2-player game, but not all that much less.

Also, win for you if you get this from the Black Market. :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.