Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shelters with $5 First Turn  (Read 1245 times)

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
Shelters with $5 First Turn
« on: April 26, 2013, 01:06:03 pm »

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I came across this dilemma today and wondered about it.

So I was playing a pro-game with a mix of cards, some of which included Dark Ages. On the board was Ambassador and Upgrade--two cards that aren't nearly as good with Shelters.

However on my first turn I was given $5, meaning all coppers. So I wasn't able to see or know if shelters were being used in that game. This would impact how I would open. If shelters were around I probably wouldn't consider Upgrade or Ambassador (other scenarios include buying remake, baron or even remodel turn 1 with $5).

Luckily my opponent was nice enough to inform me that there was in fact no shelters in this game. But some games occur when both players start with $5 and both would be in the dark. In this scenario both players would have equal information and it would be fair, but still kinda annoying.

What I am wondering is why it is implemented this way and if this is the correct implementation.

Obviously when you play IRL you know beforehand if shelters/estates will be used because you have to get them out of the box. However, online, when it just randomly picks there is no way of knowing--or is there? I don't know of one--if you open with $5.

Thoughts?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: Shelters with $5 First Turn
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »
+5

It's in the log.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

It's in the log.

Awesome! Thanks!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:43:00 am »

You should use the log tool because the log will be displayed at all times and you can easily reference it. That's what I always do on 5/2 hands.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.