Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Spotlight on...  (Read 2317 times)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Spotlight on...
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:49:14 pm »

Since I've been playing on Goko I've been noticing obvious combos more often.  I don't know if this is something to do with their method of selecting the random sets (did we ever get a good idea what this is?) or that there's less risk of fancy play syndrome costing you a game against the weaker opponents.

So I thought I'd have somewhere to put these kinds of games that might not be interesting in themselves but just illustrate some of these dream combos.

I'll start things off with this example featuring both Counting House and Coppersmith.  Scrying Pool, Inn, Warehouse and Cellar draw a lot of cards and discard a lot of Copper.  With careful management of the reshuffle, Counting House can suck this back up and Coppersmith (with a little help from Baron) can take you to double Province hands.

I previously posted the perfect Graverobber set (complete with Watchtower trashing Spoils).  None of the cards here are particularly weak, but everything comes together in a perfect combination.

Who has that one game where Scout carried them to victory?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:34:10 am by qmech »

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Spotlight on...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:20:41 pm »
+2

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »
+2

Play a bunch of intrigue-only games. Won't take too long for a scout board to come up, I think.

BiggerOil

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:11 am »

Buy ALL the alt-VP.

Courtyard, Lighthouse, Feodum, Island, Trader, Counterfeit, Duke, Graverobber, Mystic, Nobles

Trader/Feodum is the obvious line, but Trader's great with Duke too.  And Nobles and Island make an appearance too.

About half way through this game my opponent started playing Graverobbers and I was a bit worried that they might run the Provinces.  Perhaps there's some sort of Nobles/Graverobber/Counterfeit engine here?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:05:12 am »
+1

Buy ALL the alt-VP.

Courtyard, Lighthouse, Feodum, Island, Trader, Counterfeit, Duke, Graverobber, Mystic, Nobles

Trader/Feodum is the obvious line, but Trader's great with Duke too.  And Nobles and Island make an appearance too.

About half way through this game my opponent started playing Graverobbers and I was a bit worried that they might run the Provinces.  Perhaps there's some sort of Nobles/Graverobber/Counterfeit engine here?
Trader feodums, use GR to get them back. Worked beautifully in a game played against my dad.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +320
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:16 am »
+2

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15:22 am »

I previously posted the perfect Graverobber set (complete with Watchtower trashing Spoils).  None of the cards here are particularly weak, but everything comes together in a perfect combination.

It's missing Cultist for card draw. I've won a game (IRL so no log) where I had two turns in a row of University, Graverobber a Cultist, play university then to more Graverobber Cultists for 3 Provinces. Extras can just pick up trashed Cultists.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.