Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Goko Sound Effects  (Read 3018 times)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
Goko Sound Effects
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »
+2

What's the deal with the Goko sound effects? Why does it beep at the beginning of my opponent's turn, which I don't need to know when happens, but make no sound to alert me that it is the start of my turn? The other sound effects are mostly just a nuisance (buying Provinces and Golds), and the shuffling sound is actually mildly useful. But, I'd really like to be alerted at the start of my turn, and I don't need any sound at the beginning of my opponents' turn. Can anyone explain this behavior, or should I report it to GetSatisfaction?

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
Re: Goko Sound Effects
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »
+1

We just played a 5-player game in Outpost (with Sea Hag and Mountebank, it was great). Anyway, Goko made the "doo-doo" beep at the beginning of the turns of one of my opponents, but was silent at the start of every other turn, including mine. I'm guessing there is just something wrong in the sound effect logic that makes it think it's your turn when it's not. I'll report it when I get the chance.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:23:08 pm »

We just played a 5-player game in Outpost (with Sea Hag and Mountebank, it was great). Anyway, Goko made the "doo-doo" beep at the beginning of the turns of one of my opponents, but was silent at the start of every other turn, including mine. I'm guessing there is just something wrong in the sound effect logic that makes it think it's your turn when it's not. I'll report it when I get the chance.

Was the player who had the sound the player who went after you? Because I think perhaps it's a sound signifying that your turn is over, rather than that it's now your opponent's turn. Of course, your still right, there needs to be a sound at the start of your turn; it's the only thing that makes any sense.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

carstimon

• Golem
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:27:14 pm »
+6

Maybe dougz has a patent,
"Audio alert system for dominion client which notifies a user that it has become his or her turn."

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:42 am »

Was the player who had the sound the player who went after you? Because I think perhaps it's a sound signifying that your turn is over, rather than that it's now your opponent's turn. Of course, your still right, there needs to be a sound at the start of your turn; it's the only thing that makes any sense.

Nope, and that was the weird thing! It was the player that came 3rd after my turn (or 2 before my turn). The player seated at this position got the "beep" 2 games in a row with 5 players, even though the order of the players changed between the two games.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 08:53:07 am »

I posted this on GetSatisfaction here.

noon

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »

I think that beep is the "new round" beep. It indicates that it is the start player's turn.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 12:55:43 pm »

I think that beep is the "new round" beep. It indicates that it is the start player's turn.

I just played a game with a bot where the bot went first and it beeped on my turn. This was the first time recently I've seen it beep on my turn. But, it disproves this theory.

noon

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 02:30:41 pm »

I just played a game with a bot where the bot went first and it beeped on my turn. This was the first time recently I've seen it beep on my turn. But, it disproves this theory.

Maybe it's buggy. :)

Ok, then I don't know what it's supposed to be. Some half-programmed turn alert that doesn't always go off, and doesn't go off on your turn.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »
+2

Maybe it's buggy. :)

Ok, then I don't know what it's supposed to be. Some half-programmed turn alert that doesn't always go off, and doesn't go off on your turn.

Random n = new Random();
if (n.Next < .5)
   PlaySound();
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.