Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Odd idea that is probably broken  (Read 2775 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Odd idea that is probably broken
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:38 am »

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~
When you would gain a card, you may put it on your Storage mat. Return your storage mat to your deck at the end of the game.

Like an immediate Island. What do you think?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Odd idea that is probably broken
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 06:21:01 am »

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~
When you would gain a card, you may put it on your Storage mat. Return your storage mat to your deck at the end of the game.

I think the Storage itself should go on the Storage mat, too. Something like this:

When you gain a card, you may put it and Storage on your Storage mat. If you do, for the rest of the turn, if you gain a card, you may put it on your Storage mat.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:49:18 am »

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~

Storage
Something

When you would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, put the gained card on your Storage mat. Return all cards on your storage mat to your deck at the end of the game.

I don't know if "would gain" is a good idea here. You can't return something that has never been in your deck. And if you gain it at the end of the game, that's kind of weird with cards like Border Village... Personally i don't like putting Storage itself on the mat, but if it doesn't, make it cost enough. Would be at least 4$, i guess, probably more.

Edit: I don't know if it is broken, but it sure is strong. Like a Watchtower you can use to maintain a Golden deck and that you can use for Gardens.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:51:11 am by Asper »

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:03:55 am »
+1

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~

I think the Storage itself should go on the Storage mat, too. Something like this:

When you gain a card, you may put it and Storage on your Storage mat. If you do, for the rest of the turn, if you gain a card, you may put it on your Storage mat.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Storage...

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:09:05 am »

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~

Storage
Something

When you would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, put the gained card on your Storage mat. Return all cards on your storage mat to your deck at the end of the game.

I don't know if "would gain" is a good idea here. You can't return something that has never been in your deck. And if you gain it at the end of the game, that's kind of weird with cards like Border Village... Personally i don't like putting Storage itself on the mat, but if it doesn't, make it cost enough. Would be at least 4$, i guess, probably more.

Edit: I don't know if it is broken, but it sure is strong. Like a Watchtower you can use to maintain a Golden deck and that you can use for Gardens.
Yeah, youre probably right about the "would" thing. Maybe make it cantrip and make it cost $4?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:46 am »

Storage
$?? - Action/Reaction
(Insert something here)
~~~~~~

Too much like Island. I want you to be able to reveal it multiple times.

Mad, I tell you.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:34:42 am »

The mini set card contest already has this same basic card:

Astrolabe by popsofctown
$4 - Treasure

+$1
--
While this is in play, when you gain a card, you may set that card aside.  Return it to your deck at the end of the game.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 09:39:56 am »

Wow I had no idea.
I suppose we are running out of Dominion card ideas?

Mad, I tell you.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 09:44:01 am »

Wow I had no idea.

Until Guilds comes out and we start making fan cards with coin tokens!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12867
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:39 am »
+1

Wow I had no idea.

We're already making fan cards with coin tokens.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:01 am »

Wow I had no idea.

We're already making fan cards with coin tokens.
Yeah. Welcome to f.ds, man.

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.