Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reveals a Watchtower, trashing a Spoils  (Read 1629 times)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Reveals a Watchtower, trashing a Spoils
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:41:19 pm »
+1

Still relatively new to Dark Ages, so some of the basic combos are still coming up for the first time.  Here we have the perfect Graverobber set.

Chapel, University, Fortune Teller, Loan, Watchtower, Bandit Camp, Cartographer, Explorer, Graverobber, Rogue

This didn't affect the game, but it's quite fun. Halfway through I realise I'd like more villages, but no longer have any Treasure.  Okay, we can University for Bandit Camp, but what about all these Spoils?  Watchtower!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Reveals a Watchtower, trashing a Spoils
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

I don't get it.  Why would you want to trash your spoils on this board?  I don't see Scrying Pool.  There's no Colonies unless you're hiding that from me.  They should be a pretty reasonable way to help you buy Provinces alongside your Graverobber shenanigans.

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
+1

Only draw is Watchtower - so you want to be able to play all the cards in your hand. So you don't want any treasure.

Ed

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:05:40 am »

I don't get it.  Why would you want to trash your spoils on this board?  I don't see Scrying Pool.  There's no Colonies unless you're hiding that from me.  They should be a pretty reasonable way to help you buy Provinces alongside your Graverobber shenanigans.

What Ed said.  I can use two cards (Graverobber+X) for a Province, or three Spoils.  The Graverobbers have the added advantage that they get out of your hand so that you can draw more cards with Watchtower.  Without Graverobber, Bandit Camp is an interesting way of picking up Treasure with University.

Cartographer is a particularly good as Graverobber fodder.  It's a cantrip, so doesn't get in the way, but it also does a lot of searching for key cards and discarding of Provinces, which is important when you have so many in such a small deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.