Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Goko regrets  (Read 34820 times)

GigaKnight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Re: Goko regrets
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 07:02:03 pm »
+3

The seemingly oxymoronic concept of monopolistic competition actually exists. If Harry Potter books became too expensive, people would switch to reading Artemis Fowl. If the Goko implementation left something to be desired, people would switch to Isotropic Innovation. Even pharmaceuticals protected by patent law can be substituted by possibly less efficacious substances.   

For leisure activities, I think this concept applies too well to be interesting/noteworthy.  They're all pretty trivially substitutable, since one can do basically anything else with their free time.  It doesn't have to even be a game to be in direct competition.

The fundamental question is always "how much is it worth to the customers"?  It has to be pretty good to compete with everything else I could be doing.  Dominion is that good.  Isotropic was that good.  Goko is not that good.

If Goko fails, I hope the lesson learned is about poor execution and not product viability.  The freaking game sells itself as long as you just don't screw it up.  FWIW, I also think that would quickly become clear with a little true competition.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 08:04:04 pm »
+2

If Goko fails, I hope the lesson learned is about poor execution and not product viability.  The freaking game sells itself as long as you just don't screw it up.  FWIW, I also think that would quickly become clear with a little true competition.

That's actually a really good summation of Goko's problems.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2013, 10:05:05 am »
+2

I accidentally clicked "End Turn" prematurely today because it appears on screen at the same place as "End Actions".

I was sad. :'(

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2013, 10:11:57 am »

I accidentally clicked "End Turn" prematurely today because it appears on screen at the same place as "End Actions".

I was sad. :'(

I may have done this today as well, though I could have sworn I clicked "play treasures" and it ended my turn. They really need to make that harder to click, or have an "I'm sure" option.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.