Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The ultimate Treasure Map board  (Read 1266 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
The ultimate Treasure Map board
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »
+1

I got this as a random board at Goko. My first thought was: Treasure Map with all enablers one could wish:
- Watchtower and Talisman,
- Warehouse,
- Armory,
- Band of Misfits.
Additionally: Treasure Map, Embargo, University, Alchemist, Trader.

I opened Watchtower/Talisman, had them collide turn 4 but didn't have $4 to get Treasure Maps. It was quite a chaotic game from then on, with both Lord Bottington and me colliding Treasure Maps turn 10 (bot via Warehouse, me via Talisman/Watchtower after using BoM as Watchtower to draw the real one into a hand with Talisman). I managed to get 5 Provinces, I think the main difference being lots of Silver in my deck (due to using BoM as Trader sometimes). Full game log: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130406/log.50893139a2e67cff211cd7e5.1365271216757.txt

Do you think there is a viable strategy that does not involve Treasure Map here? I thought about opening Embargo/Potion and going Alchemists with Embargo on Map in case of 2/5 opening, but I'm not sure if this would be consistent enough.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:38:51 am by hsiale »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate Treasure Map board
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »
+2

I think I would open Watchtower/Potion, and Embargo everything in sight. Watchtower/University is a great combo and you could probably top-deck double TMaps.

The more straightforward way to do it is TMap/Warehouse. I think Talisman is just inferior to all the other TMap strategies here, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »

I think I would open Watchtower/Potion, and Embargo everything in sight. Watchtower/University is a great combo and you could probably top-deck double TMaps.

The more straightforward way to do it is TMap/Warehouse. I think Talisman is just inferior to all the other TMap strategies here, though.

Even with the potential Watchtower-Talisman jackpot?

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:43:51 pm »
+2

The issue with watchtower/talisman is that you have to wait for them to collide, just like you have to wait for T-Maps to collide.
Of course, watchtower and talisman are better than treasure maps, but you still have to wait for that collision.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
+2

The issue with watchtower/talisman is that you have to wait for them to collide, just like you have to wait for T-Maps to collide.
Of course, watchtower and talisman are better than treasure maps, but you still have to wait for that collision.

But you can also open WT/Talisman.  You can't open double TMap.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.