Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Non-optional  (Read 1695 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4433
    • View Profile
Non-optional
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »

I think I would like it better if the special achievements said "you may claim this immediately...". Just because in IRL games that means that if you don't happen to notice e.g. that you've got three of each icon, then you're playing illegally; and then if someone else happens to claim Empire when you should have already had it, the game's a trainwreck. "You may" would make explicit that if you don't notice you qualify for an achievement, you're out of luck, but you don't have to cancel or backtrack the game.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Non-optional
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 01:08:54 pm »

I think that would damage IRL games by causing people to slow down a ton to make sure they don't lose a special achievement just because they forgot to claim it. 

And "may claim this immediately" also leads to a first-to-shout-UNO race, that I dislike.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4433
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 01:16:02 pm »

I think that would damage IRL games by causing people to slow down a ton to make sure they don't lose a special achievement just because they forgot to claim it.

Hmm, maybe. But couldn't that happen anyway?

And "may claim this immediately" also leads to a first-to-shout-UNO race, that I dislike.

That's a good point.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:16:25 pm »

I think I would like it better if the special achievements said "you may claim this immediately...". Just because in IRL games that means that if you don't happen to notice e.g. that you've got three of each icon, then you're playing illegally; and then if someone else happens to claim Empire when you should have already had it, the game's a trainwreck. "You may" would make explicit that if you don't notice you qualify for an achievement, you're out of luck, but you don't have to cancel or backtrack the game.
If it only matters IRL games, you can just agree on a house rule.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.