Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  All

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 86245 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:47 pm »

I'd argue that the difference between a .5 and 1 KDA is the same as the difference between a 1 and 2 KDA, a 5 and 10 KDA, etc. Total KDA treats it as such -- average KDA doesn't.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2015, 11:18:56 am »

I guess I can see that...do you think it still holds true for DF, though?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2015, 12:36:04 pm »
+2

Alternative explanation: the path to true Elo heaven is paved with dying less.

The path to true Elo heaven is paved with Sejuani games!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2015, 12:37:25 pm »

I don't think it matters as much for DF -- Average DF is just Total DF / number of games.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2015, 11:26:01 am »
+1

In celebration of Easter:

"And on the third game He has risen"

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2015, 11:35:59 am »

Really I just had a great weekend:

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:23 pm »

a bit late but congratz theory thats awesome!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Who wants to do another season of fantasy LCS?

http://doodle.com/97bgn9kqpth5qcik#table

All times are in EDT (GMT -4).  We'll use that to pick a time for the draft, then I'll create the league right before we start drafting.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »

Is there anyone else around and available to draft tonight at 10PM EDT?  If not we'll have to call this off :(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

Is there anyone else around and available to draft tonight at 10PM EDT?  If not we'll have to call this off :(

I could be available if I'm needed, but I haven't played, like, since I discovered Dominion, my ping might be pretty high and my favorite build used to be ADC Fiddle so you probably don't want me there.  :P
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2015, 04:47:20 pm »

I think you are misunderstanding -- we are looking for someone to participate in Fantasy LCS, where we all pick pro players that we think will do well this upcoming split -- fantasy sports for a fake sport, if you will :)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »

I think you are misunderstanding -- we are looking for someone to participate in Fantasy LCS, where we all pick pro players that we think will do well this upcoming split -- fantasy sports for a fake sport, if you will :)

I can do it!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »

Oh. Well, it still mostly applies — I could pick someone at random if it helps!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2015, 08:04:54 am »

Apologies -- I fell asleep really early last night :(  Unless you guys have daytime availability today, we will have to cancel this it seems!  Or if you guys are OK with drafting after week 1.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2015, 10:11:45 pm »
+1

Just got back from Madison Square Garden.  My voice is completely gone from all the crazy cheering this weekend - SO HYPE

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2015, 02:58:36 am »
+1

I'll be honest, when I was watching the end of the final game, my first thought was that the Doublelift trophy case subreddit was finally going to get a post.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »

I have been playing League of Legends a lot more since I moved into a new apartment. Kinda playing half League half Hearthstone, 1/5th smash.  That means I spend 20% of my time playing Hearthstone while asleep ok.

I'm really bad at League and tired of wanting to be good at it because it is so full of the little technical things.  Like when a creep is about to die, and i attack it, and it is at 1 health, then it dies, and I don't get any gold.  And the other guy does the same thing and gets the 20 gold.  We have both practiced it a lot, I wll just never be good at it.  So I'm just kinda accepting being a mediocre player and enjoying ranked and trying my best.  I play Annie a lot because she's fun, and Thresh because I'm decent at him, and then other than that I kinda play whatever.

My roommate plays League, sometimes we duo queue ranked.  Sometimes he's annoying because he complains about teammates a lot though. 

I really hate the new trinket things (I know they are not new but they are new to me because I took a break).  They're too free and thoughtless.  It's like WoW, my ability is off cooldown, the ability doesn't cost mana, I should use the ability (well WoW abilities cost mana, but it's such a small amount of mana that no-one hardly ever cares).  Sometimes I am just walking around jungle, just throw a trinket in the bush because it's free and the cooldown is burning a hole in my pocket.  Later I look at it and the other team is trying to steal our lizard near the trinket.  Oh look, you accidentally ran by the thing I arbitrarily put there.  Unlucky you.  You should have guessed where I was in the jungle when my trinket happened to go off cooldown, also accounting for a random delay where I might forget to do that.  Oh wait, you can't do that, so I guess you shouldn't try to steal Lizard or do anything interesting, ever.

I think it would be cool if they did another paradigm shift and went to expensive, destructible, visible wards only.  So that you make investments to control space on the map and stuff.  Or maybe just go back to the old system where every ward costs money so every ward was put there for a reason.  I get so much more gratification out of killing an Amumu because I saw his mana hungry gameplay last teamfight, remember the last time he took blue, and put my 90 gold ward under his blue, than I do randomly killing Lee Sins that are stealing a Lizard where I happened to drop a ward on my way from a teamfight mid down to clearing bot creeps.

Totally random rant, sorry.

Anyone wanna play with me and tell me how bad i am

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2015, 07:10:33 pm »

I have started playing within the last week or so. Thank you theory for the addiction haha. I am a massive noob, but it's really fun, and I'd be happy to play anytime! I won't complain about you if you don't complain about me hahaha.

Name is WalrusMcFishSr. I'm still experimenting with champions, but the ones I own so far are Garen, Heim, Blitz, and Sivir.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2015, 10:26:59 am »

Add KirbyHero.  I might play some Leona-Sivir with you tonight

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2015, 08:30:26 am »
+1

I have started playing within the last week or so. Thank you theory for the addiction haha. I am a massive noob, but it's really fun, and I'd be happy to play anytime! I won't complain about you if you don't complain about me hahaha.

Name is WalrusMcFishSr. I'm still experimenting with champions, but the ones I own so far are Garen, Heim, Blitz, and Sivir.

Walrus!!! So glad you have become addicted, we need to play more when I am in a less "silly" mood you have some of the best positioning I've seen on a new player.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2015, 12:27:47 pm »
+1

Walrus hurt my feewrings

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »

Walrus hurt my feewrings

Sorry man! Didn't mean it. Never had a full group of 5 before. Next time
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »

I really hate the new trinket things (I know they are not new but they are new to me because I took a break).  They're too free and thoughtless.  It's like WoW, my ability is off cooldown, the ability doesn't cost mana, I should use the ability (well WoW abilities cost mana, but it's such a small amount of mana that no-one hardly ever cares).  Sometimes I am just walking around jungle, just throw a trinket in the bush because it's free and the cooldown is burning a hole in my pocket.  Later I look at it and the other team is trying to steal our lizard near the trinket.  Oh look, you accidentally ran by the thing I arbitrarily put there.  Unlucky you.  You should have guessed where I was in the jungle when my trinket happened to go off cooldown, also accounting for a random delay where I might forget to do that.  Oh wait, you can't do that, so I guess you shouldn't try to steal Lizard or do anything interesting, ever.
I feel like I haven't actually played with you?  We should rectify that if that is true.

Also your warding rant is kind of cute.  But you know, it's not the fact that the ward is there that costs him his life.  It's that he doesn't notice you leaving from lane.  As a hyper aggressive jungler, at the first sign that the enemy knows where I am I know I need to reevaluate my position.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »
+1

A chart of my cumulative LP gains over three seasons of League. White vertical lines represent promo series; the fatter the line the longer that series took.

Ampharos

• Scout
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2015, 07:11:36 pm »

A chart of my cumulative LP gains over three seasons of League. White vertical lines represent promo series; the fatter the line the longer that series took.

Impressive silver to plat climb that quickly... nice!  I hit plat with about two weeks left in the season haha... cutting it a bit closer.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.