Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: adventurer can be good in colony games  (Read 8489 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: adventurer can be good in colony games
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:45 pm »

Adventurer - University seems an odd pairing to me. Does anyone have thoughts on why they well together?
Probably just happens to be a small sample size/high variance issue, but I can't load the stats to check how likely that hypothesis is.

toaster

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:19 am »

Yeah, I also can't think of a good reason for fairgrounds.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

Yeah, I also can't think of a good reason for fairgrounds.

Is that a good pair in general, or just a good pair for Adventurer? If you are pursuing Fairgrounds, you may want Adventurer to boost it.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 10:42:56 am »

Adventurer - University seems an odd pairing to me. Does anyone have thoughts on why they well together?
Probably just happens to be a small sample size/high variance issue, but I can't load the stats to check how likely that hypothesis is.

Also could be partially due to Adventurer being overwhelmingly bad in Province games. And because good players will essentially never buy it in Province (it's perhaps more a card losing players buy than a card that causes losses).

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +768
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 10:12:44 am »

Adventurer with Fairgrounds has to be fairly heavily driven by the need to collect 15 unique cards. Besides, even as a terminal silver, Adventurer isn't that bad if you need to hit 6. A overpriced terminal silver/gold can still be better to get in deck than a lot of terminal cards (e.g. Secret chamber, Moat, Oracle with too strong of reactions out, mandatory trashers like Remake or Rats when you have a thin deck, Coppersmith without much copper in deck, Hag when you opened Witch, Duke, Potion & some Potion cards, Contraband when you really need to be buying Fairgrounds or some pricey unique) at some point in the game after you have a gold, but don't want to buy a Fairgrounds and the other options are worse than Adventurer, then yeah getting one makes sense even though it is overpriced and a terminal.

My complete WAG for university is potion diving. If you trash out your coppers, the adventurer is sure to leave a potion in hand so you can buy Uni or some other synergy card. E.g. I could see Uni/Adventurer/Vineyards/trashing/no other draw working something like - buy enough Unis to gain enough actions. Buy Adventurers to assure buying a Vineyard each turn and to avoid a potential 3-pile until your Vineyards are worth more than provinces. Another shot might be some sort of copper trashing environment with junking attacks - dive for the potion, use the Unis to build economy with actions. Both seem to be a stretch, but maybe it works.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.